The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MysterD']I know what's in my PC....
...Wires, boards, fans, and stuff. ;)[/QUOTE]

You forgot "Black Magic".

Or am I the only one who paid extra for that? It's a Gateway. So maybe that's why....

[quote name='zubalove']You forgot "Black Magic".[/quote]
I knew there was something missing! :D

Or am I the only one who paid extra for that? It's a Gateway. So maybe that's why....
Mine was custom-built by me and my dad. :D

[quote name='zubalove']You forgot "Black Magic".

Or am I the only one who paid extra for that? It's a Gateway. So maybe that's why....[/QUOTE]

Oh, you mean MAGIC?

[youtube]cVIEU7aU2NI?t=1m4s[/youtube]

[quote name='Fluxy']damnit, missed another good deal.....it sucks working early in the morning and getting off at 3pm, cant do anything[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Stonekeep']Not all the games comes with a steam code
Not all the games are in english
SR2 is censored[/QUOTE]

http://www.mcgame.com/de

I wonder how many of these Motoki owns? :whistle2:k

Curling 2012!!! Farm Frenzy 2! Ice Cream Tycoon! Game Tycoon 1.5!!

Marine Park Empire! Zoo Empire! Pet Show Craze! Aladdin and The Wonderful Lamp
Extended Edition!

Ground Control Simulator! Bridge Constructor!

Polizei-Fahr Simulator! Forklift Simulator 2009! Blasting and Demolition Simulator!

Towtruck Simulator 2010! Garden Simulator 2010!

Deluxe XXL version Lederzwerge?!? Leather Dwarfs :shock: Crazy Germans! :lol:

[quote name='carl7117']is the witcher 2 really 25 gbs?[/QUOTE]

Yeah that sounds about right. Even the DRM free version at GOG.com is over 20GB + 3-4GB of "extras".

[quote name='jshackles']Yeah that sounds about right. Even the DRM free version at GOG.com is over 20GB + 3-4GB of "extras".[/QUOTE]

Steam updated their version to have all extras that the GOG version has, the extras actually come in around 6.5 gigs now. GOG did have 3 extra mp3's for the OST though.

I am seriously considering upgrading from my 4 year old Dell XPS laptop to a new Mac Book Pro.....just not sure how much Steam use I would get. Especially since my Steam library is all PC.

[quote name='IkedaTeramusa']http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/05/ace-of-spades-review

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

I didn't have any issues on my previous laptop .. and since I've already upgraded it couldn't have been TOO great of a video card...[/QUOTE]

Never really trust systemlabs, it is after all a site that makes money off linking you to upgrade sites, my laptop which can play a lot of games on max perfectly fine, isn't able to run a single game on min settings according to that site.

I need someone who's knowledgeable with monitors to help me with this issue. I bought this monitor: http://www.amazon.com/VE248H-24-Inc...F8&qid=1357434052&sr=8-1&keywords=ASUS+VE248H.

I'm having some extremely weird issues with it. When I hooked up my PS3 with it, I'd get random black screens. For example, the game would work fine, but when I hit the PS button to bring up the XMB menu, the screen would go back until I'd hit the PS button to get out of that screen. It also happens on Hotline Miami. The game loads fine, but when the game actually starts, it goes to a black screen. I can still hear the game playing and the monitor is still on, but it's black. It works again when I press start and go into the menu. For the record, I'm using HDMI and I have tried different cables.

[quote name='Tsel']I need someone who's knowledgeable with monitors to help me with this issue. I bought this monitor: http://www.amazon.com/VE248H-24-Inc...F8&qid=1357434052&sr=8-1&keywords=ASUS+VE248H.

I'm having some extremely weird issues with it. When I hooked up my PS3 with it, I'd get random black screens. For example, the game would work fine, but when I hit the PS button to bring up the XMB menu, the screen would go back until I'd hit the PS button to get out of that screen. It also happens on Hotline Miami. The game loads fine, but when the game actually starts, it goes to a black screen. I can still hear the game playing and the monitor is still on, but it's black. It works again when I press start and go into the menu. For the record, I'm using HDMI and I have tried different cables.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a HDCP handshaking issue. I had issues like that with one of my TV's when going through my HTR. Never managed a way around it, however, as I just ended up replacing the TV.

All this talk about laptops is making me realize just how bad my laptop is. I'm using a Dell Inspiron 1545 which is pretty bad for playing most games. I seriously need to upgrade to a better laptop/desktop.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']Hitman:Blood Money vs The entire Hitman Collection [Blood Money, Silent Assassin, Codename 47]
Hmmm.......[/QUOTE]

I have Blood Money, I wish that buying the collection would leave a gift copy in my inventory. I guess Tony is the only one that can make it happen :applause:

[quote name='Captain Urahara']All this talk about laptops is making me realize just how bad my laptop is. I'm using a Dell Inspiron 1545 which is pretty bad for playing most games. I seriously need to upgrade to a better laptop/desktop.[/QUOTE]

Those Lenovo Ideapad deals I keep seeing crop up are making me want one, even though my refurb Asus is going strong.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']Hitman:Blood Money vs The entire Hitman Collection [Blood Money, Silent Assassin, Codename 47]
Hmmm.......[/QUOTE]

as a huge hitman fan,
i would say just get blood money
its better than the older ones in every way
its a shame they don't have contracts
that one is good too
i've never played the original though if it is somehow better than 2

[quote name='Tsel']Which of those are Steamworks anyway? If any of them.[/QUOTE]
Unstoppable Gorg is supposed to be, but I bought it and there doesn't appear to be any key associated with it. It's just a straight up download. :whistle2:?

[quote name='deftrance']Those Lenovo Ideapad deals I keep seeing crop up are making me want one, even though my refurb Asus is going strong.[/QUOTE]

Is your refurb Asus a ROG?

Does anyone recommend any password managing software or methods? The talk in the Amazon thread freaked me out a bit. I saw a mac with a neat looking lockbox style interface, but I'm on a PC and function first of course.

I have an Asus Rog. It's about a year old, but I would recommend it.
[quote name='evildeadjedi']Is your refurb Asus a ROG?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Tsel']I need someone who's knowledgeable with monitors to help me with this issue. I bought this monitor: .

I'm having some extremely weird issues with it. When I hooked up my PS3 with it, I'd get random black screens. For example, the game would work fine, but when I hit the PS button to bring up the XMB menu, the screen would go back until I'd hit the PS button to get out of that screen. It also happens on Hotline Miami. The game loads fine, but when the game actually starts, it goes to a black screen. I can still hear the game playing and the monitor is still on, but it's black. It works again when I press start and go into the menu. For the record, I'm using HDMI and I have tried different cables.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Neuro5i5']Sounds like a HDCP handshaking issue. I had issues like that with one of my TV's when going through my HTR. Never managed a way around it, however, as I just ended up replacing the TV.[/QUOTE]

Another issue could be a setting on the monitor. I have 2 VE247H's and when I first got my first one I noticed that whenever a black background would come up as my default background during rotations of the backgrounds, the whole screen would shutoff. I think this is due to some auto-brightness/contrast/etc detection in the monitor and it thought it had just lost a signal since there was so much black on the screen.

I dont remember exactly what setting it was though

[quote name='walkonshadows']Steam updated their version to have all extras that the GOG version has, the extras actually come in around 6.5 gigs now. GOG did have 3 extra mp3's for the OST though.[/QUOTE]

I only learned recently that if you own any version of The Witcher or The Witcher 2 (on steam, other digital sites or retail) you can use the key that came with it to redeem a free copy of that game on GOG.

I used the CD key from my steam copy of The Witcher to add it to my GOG account. Maybe I'm the only one that didn't know about this, but if anyone needs it, the page is here:

http://www.gog.com/witcher2/backup

[quote name='pantsattack']Does anyone recommend any password managing software or methods? The talk in the Amazon thread freaked me out a bit. I saw a mac with a neat looking lockbox style interface, but I'm on a PC and function first of course.[/QUOTE]
post-it notes

[quote name='fignutz32']post-it notes[/QUOTE]

So simple even I can do it! But really it sucked to have my laptop stolen a year ago and the thief was posting on my twitter account because it auto-logged in. :headache:

[quote name='pantsattack']Does anyone recommend any password managing software or methods? The talk in the Amazon thread freaked me out a bit. I saw a mac with a neat looking lockbox style interface, but I'm on a PC and function first of course.[/QUOTE]

Password management? Oh, you mean a pen and paper. ;)

Personally I use KeePass. It's doesn't have the automatic password entering features of some of the commercial programs, but it's free, open source and does everything I need it to do.

[quote name='u.v.bunny']Personally I use KeePass. It's doesn't have the automatic password entering features of some of the commercial programs, but it's free, open source and does everything I need it to do.[/QUOTE]
You could combine it with the password manage built into your browser (w/ master password.)

[quote name='ezelkow1']Another issue could be a setting on the monitor. I have 2 VE247H's and when I first got my first one I noticed that whenever a black background would come up as my default background during rotations of the backgrounds, the whole screen would shutoff. I think this is due to some auto-brightness/contrast/etc detection in the monitor and it thought it had just lost a signal since there was so much black on the screen.

I dont remember exactly what setting it was though[/QUOTE]

I think I might've fixed it. I turned off ASCR and Hotline Miami works perfect now. I'll try out the PS3 later, but here's hoping.

[quote name='u.v.bunny']Personally I use KeePass. It's doesn't have the automatic password entering features of some of the commercial programs, but it's free, open source and does everything I need it to do.[/QUOTE]
I'll check it out. Thanks.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Password management? Oh, you mean a pen and paper. ;)[/QUOTE]
:)
[quote name='Detruire']You could combine it with the password manage built into your browser (w/ master password.)[/QUOTE]
What browsers? I haven't heard of this feature aside from browsers asking, "Do you want me to remember this?" I use Chrome.

Something that autogens passwords for me and enters them once I enter the master would be ideal.

[quote name='Detruire']You could combine it with the password manage built into your browser (w/ master password.)[/QUOTE]

I use that too (with firefox) but it doesn't work for high security things like internet banking and paypal and even if it did I wouldn't trust it for that sort of thing (or my steam password!)

[quote name='u.v.bunny']I only learned recently that if you own any version of The Witcher or The Witcher 2 (on steam, other digital sites or retail) you can use the key that came with it to redeem a free copy of that game on GOG.

I used the CD key from my steam copy of The Witcher to add it to my GOG account. Maybe I'm the only one that didn't know about this, but if anyone needs it, the page is here:

http://www.gog.com/witcher2/backup[/QUOTE]

thank you
i think i knew this but forgot

[quote name='pantsattack']What browsers? I haven't heard of this feature aside from browsers asking, "Do you want me to remember this?" I use Chrome.[/QUOTE]
Firefox.

[quote name='u.v.bunny']I use that too (with firefox) but it doesn't work for high security things like internet banking and paypal and even if it did I wouldn't trust it for that sort of thing (or my steam password!)[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I don't care in the slightest that it doesn't work with internet banking, but there is the odd site that it doesn't work with (and that I wish it did.)

[quote name='pantsattack']What browsers? I haven't heard of this feature aside from browsers asking, "Do you want me to remember this?" I use Chrome.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's the built in password manager.

Something that autogens passwords for me and enters them once I enter the master would be ideal.
This is where KeePass comes in. You'll need to copy and paste the password from KeePass to your browser though.

I also use it to store all my game keys (or at least the ones I can be bothered to keep a separate record of.)

[quote name='Stronghammer']Unstoppable Gorg is supposed to be, but I bought it and there doesn't appear to be any key associated with it. It's just a straight up download. :whistle2:?[/QUOTE]

Good to know. Not sure why I thought these were Steam games. The store just looks Steam-y.

I prefer LastPass since it does have the auto-login/autofill features as well as cloud storage, so I can access my passwords from anywhere I can log in to their website. There's also a mobile app you can use, but it costs a few bucks a year.

[quote name='Genocidal']I prefer LastPass since it does have the auto-login/autofill features as well as cloud storage, so I can access my passwords from anywhere I can log in to their website. There's also a mobile app you can use, but it costs a few bucks a year.[/QUOTE]
I'll throw my recommendation behind LastPass as well. The premium to get the mobile app usage is like $12 a year I believe but totally worth it in my mind.

i'm a lastpass user myself. I had previously used passwordsafe, which was good, but basic, lacking the cloud storage and autofill feature found in the more plugin/app style password managers, like lastpass and keypass. and for mobile, if your screen is big enough, you can easily log into the webpage though your browser to get your passwords if you don't want to pay for the app.

I use 1password myself the android app is lacking but the windows version is pretty sweet.

Way cheaper if you get it on Blackfriday or it's pretty pricey.

Man, Hotline Miami is not an easy game. Incredibly fun and very trial-and-error, but it's rewarding when you do finally complete a level.

Ok, since I only have a few hours left to decide...The Witcher 1 & 2 or Dark Souls? I enjoy pretty much all types of RPG's. Any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back