The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Seraphym']For anyone near North Texas you can enter to win a chance to go to Gearbox's Aliens:Colonial Marines Launch Party here[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the heads up not going to dallas though.

[quote name='Seraphym']For anyone near North Texas you can enter to win a chance to go to Gearbox's Aliens:Colonial Marines Launch Party here[/QUOTE]

I used to live pretty close to them too :( I'd love a picture with an Alien.

On a similar note, there is a small influx of copies of The Path on Steamgifts. Any idea where these came from? It isn't on sale right now and I haven't seen it on any of the bundle sites I checked out(tho maybe I overlooked it). Thanks in advance!

[quote name='Captain Urahara']On a similar note, there is a small influx of copies of The Path on Steamgifts. Any idea where these came from? It isn't on sale right now and I haven't seen it on any of the bundle sites I checked out(tho maybe I overlooked it). Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]

Same bundle as above. New Indie Royale

[quote name='FireS']Same bundle as above. New Indie Royale[/QUOTE]

Oh that's weird. When I had loaded the page previously it was still pulling up the old bundle. Now it's pulling up the new bundle. Not really wanting any of those games aside from The Path, and I've been wanting a cheap copy for awhile. Well I can wait for a cheap copy on Steam. Thanks!

Hey guys I was looking to pick up a copy of Fallout 3 GOTY but noticed it said it isn't optimized for win 7. Anyone have any trouble running it or is it easy fix to get it stable?

[quote name='oman19']Hey guys I was looking to pick up a copy of Fallout 3 GOTY but noticed it said it isn't optimized for win 7. Anyone have any trouble running it or is it easy fix to get it stable?[/QUOTE]
I have no problem running it on Win 7. Most don't.

There are like 20 mods and tweaks to get it working with various things (7, more RAM, stopping the engine's stuttering issues, etc). If you have patience, you'll get it running.

[quote name='oman19']Hey guys I was looking to pick up a copy of Fallout 3 GOTY but noticed it said it isn't optimized for win 7. Anyone have any trouble running it or is it easy fix to get it stable?[/QUOTE]

IIRC, the only real issue is that it doesn't handle 3+ cores (real or SMT) well. There's a simple .ini change to fix that. Runs just fine for me on Win7-64.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']Oh that's weird. When I had loaded the page previously it was still pulling up the old bundle. Now it's pulling up the new bundle. Not really wanting any of those games aside from The Path, and I've been wanting a cheap copy for awhile. Well I can wait for a cheap copy on Steam. Thanks![/QUOTE]

PM'd you.

[quote name='asheskitty']IIRC, the only real issue is that it doesn't handle 3+ cores (real or SMT) well. There's a simple .ini change to fix that. Runs just fine for me on Win7-64.[/QUOTE]
I've got a 4 cores and it runs fine without any fixes.

[quote name='asheskitty']IIRC, the only real issue is that it doesn't handle 3+ cores (real or SMT) well. There's a simple .ini change to fix that. Runs just fine for me on Win7-64.[/QUOTE]

Hm maybe I'll jump on it and if I have problems maybe you can walk me through it if you have the time

[quote name='oman19']Hm maybe I'll jump on it and if I have problems maybe you can walk me through it if you have the time[/QUOTE]

It came up fine for me, after a while, I noticed a little hiccup , and did that ini hack. I'm not sure I needed it. In Win7 is runs out of the box for me (steam download).

Ref:
http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Fallout_3#Issues_Fixed

I swear this info used to be in a Sticky in the SPUF thead, but now the only stickies are FO:NV.

[quote name='asheskitty']It came up fine for me, after a while, I noticed a little hiccup , and did that ini hack. I'm not sure I needed it. In Win7 is runs out of the box for me (steam download).

Ref:
http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Fallout_3#Issues_Fixed

I swear this info used to be in a Sticky in the SPUF thead, but now the only stickies are FO:NV.[/QUOTE]

Appreciate the info asheskitty. Helpful as always.

If anyone bothered with the Fable pack, if you play Fable 3, ditch Vysnc when you start playing. Caps the game at 30 FPS. You can force it in the control panel if you want it back but at a higher framerate.

Chivalry got a massive free update today: 13 new maps, 5 new weapons, new game modes (CTF, dueling-only). No Brian Blessed though.

Chivalry update doesn't let me play new maps and modes against bots. I wanted 1v1 against bots to practice without 30 second respawns, dammit. How can I get good?

Even if you loved Ys Origins and Oath with the same grotesque, anal lust I did, you need to know what you're getting into when you buy Ys 1 and 2. It's a remake of the old Ys games that are almost older than me. Apart from graphics, many of the sensibilities are the same. Note combat is "bump" based. You walk into enemies to hurt them, preferably at an angle where they can't hurt you by walking into you.

It's... old school. Plus, expect vague hints, getting lost, and at least one or two diabolical puzzles that are obvious with hindsight but require you to think about the mechanics.

[quote name='walkonshadows']Krater and DLC code from current Indie Gala: Evolved Bundle:
KBKFJ-8II37-6PA97
2I7II-KZPCJ-VRBYT
[/QUOTE]
any skyrams?

[quote name='walkonshadows']Krater and DLC code from current Indie Gala: Evolved Bundle:
KBKFJ-8II37-6PA97
2I7II-KZPCJ-VRBYT
[/QUOTE]

Someone used those codes and didn't post saying they did. What do you expect, though?

[quote name='Larce80']any skyrams?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Blade']Someone used those codes and didn't post saying they did. What do you expect, though?[/QUOTE]

@Blade and Larce80 Consolation Prize: Do either of you need any of the following (for free)?:

Starvoid (Steam Inventory Gift)
----------------------------------------------------------------
War of the Roses: House of York Armor Set DLC
Crusader Kings II
Crusader Kings II: Dynasty Shields DLC Pack
Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
Crusader Kings II: African Unit Pack DLC
Crusader Kings II: Mongols DLC Pack
Crusader Kings II: Songs of the Caliph DLC
Crusader Kings II: African Portraits
Crusader Kings II: Dynasty Shield II
Crusader Kings II: Songs of Byzantium
Warlock: Master of the Arcane
Warlock: Master of the Arcane - Powerful Lords DLC
Warlock Master of the Arcane Master of Artifacts DLC
Warlock Master of the Arcane Power of the Serpent
Warlock Master of the Arcane Return of the Elves DLC

[quote name='walkonshadows']@Blade and Larce80 Consolation Prize: Do either of you need any of the following (for free)?:

Crusader Kings II
Warlock Master of the Arcane Return of the Elves DLC[/QUOTE]

I would like Crusader Kings II if you dont mind :)

[quote name='walkonshadows']@Blade and Larce80 Consolation Prize: Do either of you need any of the following (for free)?:

Crusader Kings II

Ah, damn. I would've said yes to Crusader Kings II. I had the DLC from the previous Paradox pack, and I used up all my EC coupons helping people get the MS bundle. I would've gotten it outright if I didn't own just about every except CKII. But I'm trying to finish up 100 games on Wordament and it looks like I missed my chance. It's so ridiculous that I'm spending over 4 hours for 5 GS.

[quote name='Blade']Ah, damn. I would've said yes to Crusader Kings II. I had the DLC from the previous Paradox pack, and I used up all my EC coupons helping people get the MS bundle. I would've gotten it outright if I didn't own just about every except CKII. But I'm trying to finish up 100 games on Wordament and it looks like I missed my chance. It's so ridiculous that I'm spending over 4 hours for 5 GS.[/QUOTE]
How were you too late? .-. WoS asked you and Larce, not that guy...

[quote name='Blade']Ah, damn. I would've said yes to Crusader Kings II. I had the DLC from the previous Paradox pack, and I used up all my EC coupons helping people get the MS bundle. I would've gotten it outright if I didn't own just about every except CKII. But I'm trying to finish up 100 games on Wordament and it looks like I missed my chance. It's so ridiculous that I'm spending over 4 hours for 5 GS.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Idiotekque']How were you too late? .-. WoS asked you and Larce, not that guy...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Captain Urahara']He makes a good point.[/QUOTE]

Well, I tried to send it to him. He's not missing out because someone else asked for codes I offered to regulars of the thread because a lurker leeched what I posted, he's really missing out because of this:

"Blade has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."

Crusader Kings II

But does it have armor for your horse?

[quote name='walkonshadows']Well, I tried to send it to him. He's not missing out because someone else asked for codes I offered to regulars of the thread because a lurker leeched what I posted, he's really missing out because of this:

"Blade has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."[/QUOTE]

Hopefully Blade gets the inbox cleared! If you're trying to find a home for some of the CK2 DLC, feel free to let me know. I have some indie bundle keys I can trade, if need be.

The Greenlight Bundle is now available.

Included games:

Paranormal
Beware Planet Earth!
Hairy Tales
Dwarf Quest
Depth Hunter
Potatoman Seeks the Troof
Megabyte Punch
Gear Jack
Aeon Command

I'm not familiar enough with any of the games to say much about the value provided.

Just played through Spec Ops: The Line. There are some serious twists in that game and a wild ending. The gameplay is a little clunky but if you get to about Chapter 4 or 5, it really gets good. The game only takes 5 or 6 hours to get through and it is good enough to warrant moving up in your backlog.

[quote name='momouchi']Just played through Spec Ops: The Line. There are some serious twists in that game and a wild ending. The gameplay is a little clunky but if you get to about Chapter 4 or 5, it really gets good. The game only takes 5 or 6 hours to get through and it is good enough to warrant moving up in your backlog.[/QUOTE]

Which ending did you got (spoiler of course) ?

I killed imaginary Konrad and put down my gun when the US guys showed up. I went back through to play the suicide option too, but I much prefer the killing fake Konrad one.

[quote name='momouchi']
I killed imaginary Konrad and put down my gun when the US guys showed up. I went back through to play the suicide option too, but I much prefer the killing fake Konrad one.
[/QUOTE]
Re: spec Ops
There are two more ending to get, fight and die instead of surrendering OR Fight and survive instead of surrendering
Make sure to go back and get all the intel items, it is all interesting story background information.

I'm probably the only one who hated Spec Ops: The Line. Ammo is so scarce, and it gets so repetitive hiding behind cover and popping out to headshot enemies. The controls as a third person shooter were pretty bad. As for the story, it was ok for me. I'm honestly tired of this whole
you-were-actually-the-bad-guy/the-one-dreaming
type of story. I just noticed myself trudging through the game instead of actually enjoying it. I've also played my fair share of third person hide and shoot games, but this one I was just dreading to play.

[quote name='momouchi']Just played through Spec Ops: The Line. There are some serious twists in that game and a wild ending. The gameplay is a little clunky but if you get to about Chapter 4 or 5, it really gets good. The game only takes 5 or 6 hours to get through and it is good enough to warrant moving up in your backlog.[/QUOTE]

I've done the 1st chapter only, but so far it's pretty good: I totally don't mind the serviceable TPS mechanics, in fact I rather enjoy them as I'm not an avid lover of this genre, but I'm obviously far from the story's real core.
Taking my time to replay parts and collect the scattered intels, much like I did with Bioshock and Dead Space, since I want to listen to the tale in its entirety.
Between this, Sleeping Dogs and L.A. Noire, my rediscovered pleasure in PC gaming after many console-centered years seems up for an excellent start! :applause:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back