The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish there were a way to get to the Weeklong Deals from the Steam Store homepage. I keep having to go into the news feed to access the list of games on sale.

[quote name='Wet Ninja']I wish there were a way to get to the Weeklong Deals from the Steam Store homepage. I keep having to go into the news feed to access the list of games on sale.[/QUOTE]

There's always the specials tab (below the featured games) or the 'see all specials' link on the right side. There's 46 on special now supposedly so that's not too bad to sift through, but once they have like 100 or more or sale it turns into an Amazon Digital Downloads, Ross bargain been style mess to sift through.

Mew Genics. For a kinder, gentler Cat Lady.

GFJNWor.png

Apparently it's coming to Steam later this year.

we are both very happy with the direction the game is moving in and will do random development updates as we progress, but we are done teasing and at this point just want to put our heads down and get this thing done! we have no projected release date yet but will be releasing this year on both Steam, iOS and Android, possibly more? who knows.

[quote name='soulkyo']That's odd. This is how it looks here. :hot: No key for me...

Edit: Info on the Groupees Chat: "Steam keys for The Adventures of Shuggy are being assigned by the system, and will be in your account shortly."[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up, got my key.

[quote name='Dreamweaver7']Ridge Racer Unbounded (geez I hate that name) "Full Pack" (Steamworks) on GG for $14. Comes with 4 DLCs. I don't recall it being cheaper anywhere else. I don't have the 20% "D'oh Discount" though which would cut it to $11 and change... sad. Ah well, it'll hit 75% off /$5 someday.[/QUOTE]

It's ridge racer. RIIIGE RAAAACER xD

So does the doh discount stack work at the UK sites? If so I might pick it up... I any CAG reviews? Also what's with this CAG 3.0 I hear about?

[quote name='mjontrix']It's ridge racer. RIIIGE RAAAACER xD

So does the doh discount stack work at the UK sites? If so I might pick it up... I any CAG reviews? Also what's with this CAG 3.0 I hear about?[/QUOTE]

My post, on this very page.

Gah, what's wrong with people.... dark urges taking over...

[quote name='asheskitty']My post, on this very page.

Gah, what's wrong with people.... dark urges taking over...[/QUOTE]

But, I thought this post that I'm quoting was your post #1 on CAG!
Welcome to CAG, Ashes. ;)

I wonder what the inclusion of Capsized and Gemini Wars in the week-long deals does to the probability of them being bundled.

Good. I've had my eye on Capsized for ages now but would rather get it when it's bundled.

A new Humble Bundle sometime soon would be nice. And no more of that Mojam nonsense.

In other off-topic nonsense, I officially hate console gaming. Was playing Endless Setlist 3 on Rock Band 3, solo Expert guitar. Just bought the game two weeks ago and the whole thing froze at the end of Rainbow In The Dark, which is song 50-something out of 83. So after four hours of playing non-stop, my 360 console freezes. What the fuck, Microsoft? Since when did my 360 become Windows Vista? Xbox, you do not get the RIGHT to freeze on me. There's no saving or continuing on the Endless Setlist. So fuck you, consoles, and your habit of almost never freezing except during the most inopportune moments.

Carry on.

Fallen Enchantress is 13 bucks on Gamrersgate and Impulse. It's doing a standalone expansion soon where if you own the base game it's half off so might be worth a look at that price.

A little of topic but, can anyone suggest a good pci-express 2.0 card? I'm looking to move on from my Geforce GTX 275. Unfortunately my board does not support pci-e 3.0. I would like to be able to play dx11 games.

[quote name='Corpekata']Fallen Enchantress is 13 bucks on Gamrersgate and Impulse. It's doing a standalone expansion soon where if you own the base game it's half off so might be worth a look at that price.[/QUOTE]

The new stand alone is supposed to include Fallen Enchantress.

http://forums.elementalgame.com/439970

How much does Legendary Heroes cost?

If you own Fallen Enchantress then Legendary Heroes will cost $19.99. If you don't own Fallen Enchantress it will cost $39.99 (since it contains Fallen Enchantress).

If you buy it now then buy the expansion with the discount you're really only saving $7. Money is money but if someone but if someone waited this long to get FE they might as well just wait until the new game goes on sale like maybe the summer sale.

Otherwise you can just try and get someone with the GG 20% discount to get Legendary Heroes (which again includes FE) for them $32.

[quote name='Motoki']The new stand alone is supposed to include Fallen Enchantress.

http://forums.elementalgame.com/439970

If you buy it now then buy the expansion with the discount you're really only saving $7. Money is money but if someone but if someone waited this long to get FE they might as well just wait until the new game goes on sale like maybe the summer sale.

Otherwise you can just try and get someone with the GG 20% discount to get Legendary Heroes (which again includes FE) for them $32.[/QUOTE]

Is it just me or is Stardock doing really weird stuff with their Elemental pricing? I find it odd that the original is effectively completely unsupported at this point (I bought an LE on eBay for about $30 around six months - one year ago) and you can't get a discount on FE as an Elemental owner--and now they're doing this odd pricing stuff with the expansion. I suppose if you were fortunate(?) enough to get a copy of Elemental early on in its sales cycle, you got FE for free and will get LE for half-off.

Anyone know how to get "Steam Community Beta Access" out of your gifts and guest passes? I tried adding it to my game library but just get this ...

Sorry, an error has occurred:

All the games in this guest pass redemption request are already owned by the user

... I really want it to go away. Lol. :D

[quote name='hollowfreak']Anyone know how to get "Steam Community Beta Access" out of your gifts and guest passes? I tried adding it to my game library but just get this ...

Sorry, an error has occurred:

All the games in this guest pass redemption request are already owned by the user

... I really want it to go away. Lol. :D[/QUOTE]

Gift it to me. ;)

[quote name='Yenos']A little of topic but, can anyone suggest a good pci-express 2.0 card? I'm looking to move on from my Geforce GTX 275. Unfortunately my board does not support pci-e 3.0. I would like to be able to play dx11 games.[/QUOTE]

I did research on this when I was building my computer. PCI-E 3.0 cards are backwards compatible with PCI-E 2.0 slots. So feel free to get any card you can afford there is a very minor performance hit even with very high end cards.

[quote name='Ruin']I did research on this when I was building my computer. PCI-E 3.0 cards are backwards compatible with PCI-E 2.0 slots. So feel free to get any card you can afford there is a very minor performance hit even with very high end cards.[/QUOTE]

I've actually read that there is no performance hit at all, because PCI 3.0 allows for speeds that the cards aren't capable of yet and is therefore largely unutilized. So yes, a 3.0 card in a 2.0 slot is totally fine and wouldn't give the OP any problems.

[quote name='Severose']Oh, then you're fucked. ;)

I'd just send it to two random friends. =P[/QUOTE]

Wow ... I really am fucked ... I only have two of those and they both have it! :lol:

So is the greenman gaming steam preorder deal ($34.99) for tomb raider PC the best deal out there? After watching Conan's hilarious review today, I think we are in for a preorder purchase.

[quote name='Gareee']So is the greenman gaming steam preorder deal ($34.99) for tomb raider PC the best deal out there? After watching Conan's hilarious review today, I think we are in for a preorder purchase.[/QUOTE]

just started watching that ... how could they butcher her name so bad? It's [LAH-RAH] not [LAR-AH] ... funny they even talk about the proper pronunciation not being Laura and then pronounce Lara wrong.

[quote name='Blade']Today's daily is L.A. Noire for $4.99 (75% off). Remember that it uses Rockstar Social Club, which isn't a very fun DRM.[/QUOTE]

I never had any issues with it. *shrug*

Mid weeks are Forge, an MMO a multiplayer game with some MMO influenced mechanics (bleh) and Fallen Enchantress. For that see discussion above but basically TL;DR is they are coming out with a new version that includes all of Fallen Enchantress plus some new stuff so if you waited this long you might as well wait for that to go on sale.

Forge isn't an MMO, but it is based on the competitive PvP aspects of MMOs and has a persistent unlock system like all the military shooters have these days. I only played a few matches but enjoyed them.

Another round has made it through Steam greenlight.

The latest software titles:
Black Ink
Driver Fusion

The latest games:
Anodyne
Distance
Evoland
Huntsman:The Orphanage
Kingdom Rush
Legends of Dawn
Organ Trail: Director's Cut
Receiver
Surgeon Simulator 2013
War Thunder

[quote name='Genocidal']Forge isn't an MMO, but it is based on the competitive PvP aspects of MMOs and has a persistent unlock system like all the military shooters have these days. I only played a few matches but enjoyed them.[/QUOTE]

I fixed my post. I'm still not in love with the idea of a multiplayer only game but I recognize a lot of people like them and these guys seem halfway decent like they don't want to nickel and dime everyone to death with microtransaction crap.

[quote name='louiedog']Another round has made it through Steam greenlight.

Black Ink
Driver Fusion

The latest games:
Anodyne
Distance
Evoland
Kingdom Rush
Legends of Dawn
Receiver
Surgeon Simulator 2013
War Thunder[/QUOTE]

I don't believe that I voted for any of them.

The free version of Organ Trail was fun the one time I played it. Don't know what the DC would add to make it worth coming back to, though.

Black Ink
Driver Fusion

The latest games:
Anodyne
Distance
Evoland
Kingdom Rush
Legends of Dawn
Receiver
Surgeon Simulator 2013
War Thunder[/QUOTE]

Nice I grabbed anodyne from the humble store for a dollar a week or so ago. I imagine steam keys will be issued.

Forge is crap plus there's almost nobody playing. FE is fairly rough and as mentioned above the standalone expansion plus base game will be $40 in April or May. My concern with buying the base game now is that the option to buy the standalone at half price won't stack with future sales, i.e., the sale discount will just override the 'loyalty' discount.

Moreover there are a lot of 'features' in the expansion that you'd arguably expect from a free patch (as they fix a lot of broken/unpolished gameplay mechanics) but Stardock is charging for it.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Surgeon Simulator? Yes please.[/QUOTE]

I had the exact opposite reaction. Isn't that that terrible made-in-48-hours game from a few months ago? Why on Earth would that be greenlit over some of the quality stuff that's still out there like Unearthed and Legends of Eisenwald?

The fact that Legends of Eisenwald is still not Greenlight over 75% of those titles is a tragedy. Especially Wolfire's Receiver that was just made as part of one of those weekend contests.

[quote name='warreni']I had the exact opposite reaction. Isn't that that terrible made-in-48-hours game from a few months ago? Why on Earth would that be greenlit over some of the quality stuff that's still out there like Unearthed and Legends of Eisenwald?[/QUOTE]

I don't really know much about it, but watching the vid on Greenlight and it is very deserving...lol

Black Ink
Driver Fusion

The latest games:
Anodyne
Distance
Evoland
Kingdom Rush
Legends of Dawn
Receiver
Surgeon Simulator 2013
War Thunder[/QUOTE]

Two things I've learned from this round of games, if you want to get Greenlit either give your game away on the pirate bay (Anodyne) or have a hot chick as your spokesperson (Legends of Dawn).

Oh and I think I will pass on Surgeon Simulator and get the PC game version of the original instead. :p

[quote name='The End']I don't believe that I voted for any of them.[/QUOTE]

Legends of Dawn will be very good (even though i backed out of the KS at last minute - note KS version is DRM free $15 atm)

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Nice I grabbed anodyne from the humble store for a dollar a week or so ago. I imagine steam keys will be issued.[/QUOTE]

Whats this humble store people go on about?Is there an actual storefront of some type atm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back