The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='asheskitty']
Only if they're double-heading with (image below)

If you don't get it:
Adam Ant & Black Flag* :lol:
*Black Flag is/was a brand of insecticide

Adam_and_the_Ants_1981.jpg
[/QUOTE]
The first DLC for AC4 will feature a side campaign where you play as Adam Ant. Stand and Deliver!

[quote name='Idiotekque']The first DLC for AC4 will feature a side campaign where you play as Adam Ant. Stand and Deliver![/QUOTE]

Then is the Ninja DLC the second one?

[quote name='asheskitty']Only if they're double-heading with (image below)

If you don't get it:
Adam Ant & Black Flag* :lol:
*Black Flag is/was a brand of insecticide

Adam_and_the_Ants_1981.jpg
[/QUOTE]

This works two ways since Adam and the Ants was a punk band and Adam Ant's solo project was a new wave/post-punk group. :)

[quote name='MysterD']I never really delved into Rollins spoken-word stuff; nor his Black Flag days.
I'm not gonna catch onto every craze, you know. Still haven't.
Maybe one day I will...?
I have no idea.[/QUOTE]

That's cool and I completely understand. I don't think about one possibly could.

Maybe, if you believe in reincarnation.

That's probably also the only way we can complete all of our backlogs. Or, a time machine.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']That's cool and I completely understand. I don't think about one possibly could.

Maybe, if you believe in reincarnation.

That's probably also the only way we can complete all of our backlogs. Or, a time machine.[/QUOTE]

Now, if I got a real Animus... ;)

[quote name='MysterD']Now, if I got a real Animus... ;)[/QUOTE]

That would be cool as long as there was not a legion of shadowy figures trying to take me down. ;)

[quote name='evildeadjedi']That would be cool as long as there was not a legion of shadowy figures trying to take me down. ;)[/QUOTE]

There's already a legion of shadowy figures trying to take me down, I'd like to at least get an animus out of it.

[quote name='asheskitty']There's already a legion of shadowy figures trying to take me down...[/quote]
Maybe in online Multiplayer.

...I'd like to at least get an animus out of it.
That's DLC.

EDIT:
[quote name='evildeadjedi']That would be cool as long as there was not a legion of shadowy figures trying to take me down. ;)[/QUOTE]
Same here.
I'm quite awesome, IMHO - so I don't know who'd be looking to take me down... ;)

[quote name='asheskitty']There's already a legion of shadowy figures trying to take me down, I'd like to at least get an animus out of it.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't call Ben and Jerry a legion, unless you're counting flavors as henchmen. ;)

[quote name='aShufflinZombie']We should make a thread in the PC forums and call it "Assassin's Creed Discussions".[/QUOTE]

And of course we'd discuss DRM and lowest historical prices of Steam games on that thread while saving this one for important Assassin's Creed discussions.

Speaking of...

This is exactly when I mean, repetitive. I spend ~40 hours on AC2, ACB, & ACR, each. After finishing one, you really need a break and to play something different. I spaced out AC2 & ACB by a year and that felt right. I spaced out ACB & ACR by 6 months and that was about the minimum spacing I would do. I'm almost 6 months from ACR, so I can play AC1 and write off AC3 until the complete version goes on sale in the Fall.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking it was more recent, for some reason, but I finished AC2 in May after playing AC1 in March. That wasn't too short a gap, but I didn't want to do the next one two months later. I actually just downloaded ACB from Amazon last night. I'm feeling the need to jump in and play some more.

I'm with Idiotekque. AC1 was something genuinely different, and it largely had to do with the open joy of just running and climbing. Some of the missions were fun. Much of the story was nice. But all that depended on the way-cool open-world run and climb and jump game framework. I put the game off for years, playing it as I said just a year or so ago, and in the first play session I found myself spending quite a bit of time just running from rooftop to rooftop and diving blindly into haystacks and having a blast. That is what was so fresh and new.

AC2 had all of that, and managed to fix about everything wrong with AC1, while also adding some cool new stuff as well. I'd still say that AC1 is worth playing. I'd just recommend against trying to do all the collectables and such. I'd completely recommend playing AC2 to anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back on topic, should the AC games be played in order of release date or would I be better off skipping around? Also any thoughts on the mobile iterations of some of them? (Mainly DS)

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Back on topic, should the AC games be played in order of release date or would I be better off skipping around? Also any thoughts on the mobile iterations of some of them? (Mainly DS)[/QUOTE]

I can't help you here Fox. I've only played and completed the first one.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Back on topic, should the AC games be played in order of release date or would I be better off skipping around? Also any thoughts on the mobile iterations of some of them? (Mainly DS)[/QUOTE]

I've played PC versions.
Can't speak on any other versions.

You should start w/ AC1 and go from there in order (AC1, AC2, ACB, ACR, AC3), since this whole story is now getting to be a labyrinth and a half....

Again, never played, but some advice from friends is to skip 1 altogether. Apparently its really bad compared to 2 and beyond. I got so bored in 1 I never went on to play the rest. Next sale I'll get them though!

Wo so I got a new headline on Steam that today Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity is on sale, bit it's not. Instead it's a Dead Rising 2 complete bundle? Sigh.

[quote name='palaeomerus']Wo so I got a new headline on Steam that today Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity is on sale, bit it's not. Instead it's a Dead Rising 2 complete bundle? Sigh.[/QUOTE]

I liked Dead Rising 2, though I ain't played DR2: OTR.
I'll take Dead Island over DR2 (original), though.
It'd be cool if they'd port Dead Rising 1 over to the PC...

About SOASE - I'm way behind w/ that series. I bought SOASE (base game) from Retail a long time ago, but I ain't bought Trinity or Rebellion.

[quote name='MysterD']I've played PC versions.
Can't speak on any other versions.

You should start w/ AC1 and go from there in order (AC1, AC2, ACB, ACR, AC3), since this whole story is now getting to be a labyrinth and a half....[/QUOTE]

That sounds right. Plus, the AC Bloodlines is an epilogue of AC1. AC Altaïr's Chronicles for DS takes place during AC1 but features two new cities to explore.

AC 2: Discovery takes places after 2 I believe.

AC 3 Liberation takes place just before AC 3 in NOLA with a female assassin.

[quote name='MysterD']
It'd be cool if they'd port Dead Rising 1 over to the PC...
[/QUOTE]

I would love that!!!!!!! :bouncy:

I recently made a trade for Tomb Raider, when I activated it, it was listed as "Tomb Raider Press Review" can someone confirm for me that this is the full retail version and it won't be removed from my account at a later date?

Does anyone know anything about them, he said he got it from SE as he is a Admin on their forums.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']
I would love that!!!!!!! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
And while we're at it w/ Capcom doing PC ports...
...Capcom should also port Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen Edition to the PC.

On that Ars mini-review of Simcity I felt the one guy went in to it wanting to bash it. Almost every time he had an issue the other guy didn't experience it or said he thought it was fine as is.

I'm not disregarding the concerns, but it seemed like he was ready to bash it from the getgo.

[quote name='MysterD']
It'd be cool if they'd port Dead Rising 1 over to the PC...[/QUOTE]

Right after they port Red Dead Redemption. They seriously need to port that, it's one of my only 360 games I need to hold onto because it was never ported.

[quote name='wuxbustah8']Right after they port Red Dead Redemption. They seriously need to port that, it's one of my only 360 games I need to hold onto because it was never ported.[/QUOTE]
I'd absolutely love to see Rockstar port Red Dead Redemption to the PC.

[quote name='Preedatore']On that Ars mini-review of Simcity I felt the one guy went in to it wanting to bash it. Almost every time he had an issue the other guy didn't experience it or said he thought it was fine as is.

I'm not disregarding the concerns, but it seemed like he was ready to bash it from the getgo.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, he did sound like he wanted to bash it. Revision 3 Games seems to love the shit out of it and it seems some other people do as well. I am excited for it because it streamlines the process but at the same time allowing for a ton of depth.

Although I felt dirty tonight, because I updated Origin for when my box copy arrives tomorrow, lol.

[quote name='Idiotekque']I feel like I would enjoy SimCity. I'm immediately enjoying Civ V more than Civ IV.

More complicated doesn't always mean better.[/QUOTE]

Disgaea_Statistics_with_lolis_and_demon_pengui.jpg

[quote name='MysterD']I'd absolutely love to see Rockstar port Red Dead Redemption to the PC.[/QUOTE]

You probably never played it, but Red Dead Revolver on PS2 is a great game. In fact PS2 has a lot of great games and it is very cheap to find a system. No excuse MysterD, you must join the console master race, albeit one generation behind.

[quote name='asheskitty']As if having some creepy cat follow me home, because ...he looks pissed at me?...

I come home to find some random Steam Group invite from Новая Россия (New Russian)

I think moose and squirrel is behind this!*

*Natasha Fatale[/QUOTE]

You know, I trust the moose. He's too stupid to get up to anything by himself. It's that damn squirrel who's shady.

Disgaea_Statistics_with_lolis_and_demon_pengui.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Daaaamn, I loved me some Disgaea back in the day. Then they kept coming out with more of them, and I cried.

I suggest skipping the first game, just read a summary of it and then start with 2, then play in release order. Don't have an opinion on the mobile games.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Hmmm, I can usually labor through the worst of games. So I will start with 1 knowing it can only get better. Thanks for the advice.[/QUOTE]

This is the way to go. Playing AC1 after AC2 would be frustrating, as the little improvements would be noted in their absence in AC1. Just, again, do not go for 100%. The collectable hunting, even for someone like me who likes such, got old way before the end.

Has anyone played the new Sleeping Dogs Wheels of Fury DLC? It looks pretty cool and I look forward to it being on sale. Here's a video of what it offers:

[youtube]U15tUFJXseQ[/youtube]

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']You probably never played it, but Red Dead Revolver on PS2 is a great game. In fact PS2 has a lot of great games and it is very cheap to find a system. No excuse MysterD, you must join the console master race, albeit one generation behind.[/QUOTE]

Never played either RD Revolver or Redemption.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Yeah, he did sound like he wanted to bash it. Revision 3 Games seems to love the shit out of it and it seems some other people do as well. I am excited for it because it streamlines the process but at the same time allowing for a ton of depth.

Although I felt dirty tonight, because I updated Origin for when my box copy arrives tomorrow, lol.[/QUOTE]

I like reading articulated positive and negative reviews to get a more comprehensive picture.

Redemption is awesome. It makes me sad that there aren't a whole lot of good western games, not to mention on the PC.

Installed Helldorado the other day. It looks interesting (part strategy part FPS).

[quote name='asheskitty']I like reading articulated positive and negative reviews to get a more comprehensive picture.[/QUOTE]

Articulation is for action figures!
tumblr_meiq66cjTS1qz4rlzo1_1280.jpg

[quote name='ShockandAww']Tomb Raider is unlocked now. Off to play![/QUOTE]
I read that its been crashing a lot for people. I'm not going to play it til the weekend so hopefully there are patches by then. No wonder there were no PC review copies given out.

[quote name='Idiotekque']More complicated doesn't always mean better.[/QUOTE]

Hear, hear. Don't tell that to the gremlins commenting on PC Gamer articles though. They'll have your head.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Redemption is awesome. It makes me sad that there aren't a whole lot of good western games, not to mention on the PC.

Installed Helldorado the other day. It looks interesting (part strategy part FPS).[/QUOTE]

Have you played Gun? I've only played it on the original Xbox (so I have no idea how good the PC port is), but for a game that's 8 years old, it's a solid western experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back