The Steam Deal Thread V7 - The soda wars have ended, but the deals rage on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V7! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Since the V6 thread, we've decided to leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Summer sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 5/20

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='asheskitty']Depends on which keeps you warmer in Nordic Winter...[/QUOTE]

Why not buy both the book and bottle of wine? ;)

[quote name='MysterD']CAG V 3.0 > GMG Capsule.[/QUOTE]

I'm just afraid that it's going to wipe my CAG save. ...and how long will it take for the mods to be updated?

And GMG doesn't get laggy for me like CAG sometimes does.

[quote name='asheskitty']IDK, twister really depends on who you're playing with...[/QUOTE]
Twister with Gaben > Bad Rats (?)

[quote name='Syntax Error']Sure. There's limited hours in the day. You can't spend them playing both.

Should I take a hike through the park or build a model ship in my basement? Should I buy a book or a bottle of wine? There's no way to compare them!! ;):lol:[/QUOTE]
Hike into the park, throw a picnic blanket out, drink wine while building a model ship there.

[quote name='Mooby']All it took was a bit of Google work to find out the lawyer involved. Not really taking credit for it.[/QUOTE]

I assumed you knew how local governments have a private attorney that handles various matter.

[quote name='asheskitty']I'm just afraid that it's going to wipe my CAG save. ...and how long will it take for the mods to be updated?[/quote]
CAG 3.0 has Cloud Save Support...

And GMG doesn't get laggy for me like CAG sometimes does.
But CAG 3.0 had a better launch than at least SimCity 2013... ;)

[quote name='asheskitty']I assumed you knew how local governments have a private attorney that handles various matter.[/QUOTE]

Keen insider knowledge!

[quote name='MysterD']CAG 3.0 has Cloud Save Support...[/QUOTE]

/shudder I really don't trust most cloud saves -- except the dropbox ones I rig up myself (and can easily recover to an earlier version.

[quote name='asheskitty']/shudder I really don't trust most cloud saves -- except the dropbox ones I rig up myself (and can easily recover to an earlier version.[/QUOTE]

As long as you can do local PC saves AND also optional Cloud Saves, you're good.
And CAG 3.0 will support this, in a patch soon... ;)

[quote name='Mooby']All it took was a bit of Google work to find out the lawyer involved. Not really taking credit for it.[/QUOTE]

Oh, you WILL take credit for it. We need to know who to build the shrine for!

Anyone that needed proof that Steam trolls hard......still defending them after today!?!

[quote name='walkonshadows']Oh, you WILL take credit for it. We need to know who to build the shrine for![/QUOTE]

Will we build this in SimCity 4? ;)
Might be savest to build it there.

I have a feeling our work might go to waste and not save correctly, if we used SimCity 2013, since it probably still has some sorts of online issues & bugs.... ;)

[quote name='walkonshadows']Oh, you WILL take credit for it. We need to know who to build the shrine for!

Anyone that needed proof that Steam trolls hard......still defending them after today!?![/QUOTE]

I shall submit to being inducted into the CAG Hall of Fame~

[quote name='asheskitty']
Preview
[/QUOTE]

Meh, I want to hear something from Tony. I know they can get a better deal if he gets the keys but I still don't trust Amazon to pull through on the DLC since they seem to ignore DLC sometimes.

Also there's still the part of me that doesn't quite know if they will for sure for sure get those keys or if it will turn into another 1C.

[quote name='legs1986']added [*]Bioshock Infinite $59.99 Pre-order includes FREE copy of Bioshock, Bioshock Infinite themed TF2 items, and if enough pre-orders a FREE copy of XCOM:Enemy Unknown[/QUOTE]

People actually use the OP?

In all seriousness. EVERY STORE has a deal on Bioshock Infinite PC pre-orders. Gamersgate is giving $20 in blue coins + 2 free 2K games, Greenman has some kind of deal going on, Amazon does too. The Steam deal is okay and all but realistically if you want that game will be $20 in a few months after release and XCom is due to hit the $10 price point soon.

[quote name='Flowette']@Mooby

It's not Christmas anymore, wear a different hat![/QUOTE]

I suggest a Magical Diary Makeover.

[quote name='MysterD']Yeah, I'm curious what'll ever happen to the KOA IP, as well.

It would NOT surprise me if say EA could get the IP, but they'd probably try to get that on the cheap.
Plus, given EA's recent love for always-online games (Darkspore; C&C4; SWTOR; TSW; SimCity 2013), you'd figure they'd be all over 38 Studios' KOA MMO. :p[/QUOTE]

I could see EA being interested in it since KoA actually did sell well for a new IP, but they do have Dragon Age 3 in the works and might just want to focus on one fantasy RPG.

I also can't see them as terribly eager to work on another MMO after how much The Old Republic failed to meet their expectations.

[quote name='Motoki']Meh, I want to hear something from Tony. I know they can get a better deal if he gets the keys but I still don't trust Amazon to pull through on the DLC since they seem to ignore DLC sometimes.

Also there's still the part of me that doesn't quite know if they will for sure for sure get those keys or if it will turn into another 1C.
[/quote]

I can certainly understand that position, the medium term ownership of KOA is an unknown, and Amazon often leaves our DLC desires unfulfilled. I can certainly see KOA on Steam holdouts jumping on this. On the other hand the prices it's regularly hit for the Origin version make this sale seem like trolling.

People actually use the OP?

In all seriousness. EVERY STORE has a deal on Bioshock Infinite PC pre-orders. Gamersgate is giving $20 in blue coins + 2 free 2K games, Greenman has some kind of deal going on, Amazon does too. The Steam deal is okay and all but realistically if you want that game will be $20 in a few months after release and XCom is due to hit the $10 price point soon.

Honestly the only reason the Steam pre-orders should be mentioned here again is if they hit the XCom: EU unlock, even then it's kinda meh.

[quote name='MysterD']Is it stuck in the Cloud somewhere? ;)[/QUOTE]

Fishbowl >> Cloud
since you can find stuff in a fishbowl, even if it is a trifle soggy.

[quote name='asheskitty']Fishbowl >> Cloud
since you can find stuff in a fishbowl, even if it is a trifle soggy.[/QUOTE]

MysterD < Fishbowl.

Why?
I have no reason.

{shrug}
;)

[quote name='Motoki']The Steam deal is okay and all but realistically if you want that game will be $20 in a few months after release and XCom is due to hit the $10 price point soon.
[/QUOTE]

I basically have to tell myself this every other day to keep from myself from prepurchasing. I just know it will be cheaper that quickly, but it's so tempting to own it now.

[quote name='asheskitty']
Honestly the only reason the Steam pre-orders should be mentioned here again is if they hit the XCom: EU unlock, even then it's kinda meh.[/QUOTE]
It'd be better if for sure now, by pre-ordering Bioshock: Infinite, everybody also got...
BsI: Season Pass &
XCOM: EU + they invent a Season Pass to contain ALL its DLC. ;)

EDIT:
I'm such a dreamer, I know... ;)

[quote name='Corpekata']If you play KOA, I'd advise staying away from the crafting elements. Or at least restrain yourself to like, one craft. Maybe Alchemy, as the game is a little stingy with potions sometimes. The inventory system, is beyond obnoxious and you'll find yourself tripping over stuff every 10 feet and filling your inventory every quest. Use quest and found gear. The game, as mentioned, is already easy so you don't really need to craft heavenly gear filled with outrageous gems to kill things.

Also, abuse the respec system. It is easily one of the most forgiving in these types of games, and if you get bored with a playstyle a change can do wonders. The game is also very friendly to Swordmagery type builds, which I'm fond of.[/QUOTE]

This is the solution to the limited backpack problem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4pOrgevW70

[quote name='Idiotekque']Totally disagreed. The game didn't feel generic at all to me, especially compared to other ARPGs. I'd easily say that KoA has a better fleshed out world, lore, characters, and writing than a game like Torchlight, and even Fable.

The ridiculous amount of quests is one of the best aspects of the game. You're not forced to do them, that's the point. In a game like Skyrim, it's great, because you can either do the man quest (or side quests), or you can just dick around and go wherever you want and do whatever you want. In KoA, you can pretty much do the same thing, but the difference is that the "dicking around" in KoA is so much more purposeful. Instead of wandering aimlessly through ruins that looks the same as the last ten ruins you explored, you're doing quests with characters, voiceovers, story, etc, which I think all were done very well.

As for combat, I have to ask, have you ever played Fable? I absolutely love the Fable series. I've played 2 and 3 to death, multiple characters, beat them both, and have played a lot of the original on the old Xbox, and I love the game. That said, KoA is Fable 2.0. Everything that Fable did wrong, KoA pretty much nails spot on. Fable combat is a clunky mix of roll, attack, shoot, just like you said. KoA is so much cleaner, more dynamic, and unforgiving. Heck, I found combat pretty difficult and engaging, although I hear that if you build your magic it quickly becomes overpowered, but I didn't notice that AT ALL using bows and knives (playing on hard mode). Fable combat was so much easier, and even if hard mode is too easy for you, the Heartcore mod fixes that. But really, even people who hate KoA usually admit that the combat is extremely well done for the genre, so I'm surprised you think the opposite. It seems like you're picking on the game just because with complaints like that. What would you have done different with the combat system?

I still have complaints about the game though. One is the "humor" in the game. Admittedly, while the world is very colorful and "cartoony", similar to Fable, it's more fantasy and not funny. The times it does try to throw humor in, it doesn't do particularly well. You can't really beat Fable's charm and humor. I mean, the crunchy chick item, "High in protein, low in morality." That's not a big complaint though. Something that did annoy me was the hardcoded low draw distance. The graphics and art style are absolutely gorgeous and vibrant, but trees and rocks popping in visibly is unnerving. The game runs excellently though, so oh well.

There are so many aspects of the game that just put it head and shoulders above its peers. A stealth system that actually works, a hide helmet option, high character customization, unique and interesting weapons, and I could go on. The game really gets way too much negativity thrown at it when it's nowhere near as bad as some people make it out to be.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree with Idiotekque. I recognize that not everyone likes every type of game, but it's not fair to say that KOA is shallow or just hack & slash. It's a well written world and there are lots of nice touches - the lorestones tell interesting stories, there are real differences from other RPG's (the concept of the sidhe, while obviously based in Celtic mythology is well done), the degree of customization of your character is welcome. It's not perfect - I'm playing a might/magic character, I'm around level 25 and looking ahead at the more powerful abilities, nothing seems that impressive, but I'm hoping to be proved wrong.

[quote name='vince_carter']i will freely admit i have shit taste in games[/QUOTE]
Same here, my GOTY last year was Coconut Queen. :applause:

[quote name='vince_carter']I don't know why the original fable gets such a bad rep, probably my 3rd favorite xbox game behind the warriors and the punisher[/QUOTE]

Does anyone remember a Punisher video game for PC that probably came out in the mid-90's?. I played a ton of it, but now I feel embarressed that I can't remember it very well. I think it was a top-down shooter where you run around doing different missions and end up fighting the kingpin.

[quote name='Mooby']I literally made the face in your avatar after reading that.[/QUOTE]

Literally, that's the only face I make whenever I come to this thread and read the most recent page. Bad sales + no new bundles = omg internet srsbsns. Time to publicly ignore everyone.

[quote name='sunasun']But you'll miss out on bitch slapping someone with a battery operated dog chew toy.

[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Corpekata']Who told Boomhauer how to use the internet?[/QUOTE]
Boomhauer_4d4fbe_2365309.jpg

[quote name='Idiotekque']Clever.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='asheskitty']Battery operated ones, like men, don't last long enough. ;)

gingers_naughty_list_wall_decal.jpg
[/QUOTE]
You're just picking the wrong ones. Stick with the ones who "honed" their skills on BBS's
[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Oh snap![/QUOTE]

[quote name='Blade']Based on personal experience? ;P Doesn't apply to all men, though. Let's just say growing up with unlimited internet access has brought on lots of conditioning for me. And all that training pays off. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRdxUFDoQe0[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Are we posting penis pics next?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Idiotekque']Just waiting for the go-ahead.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Eldredpe']I'll cover awkward puppy erections.[/QUOTE]
This makes me think of the "Red Rocket" episode of South Park.. :puke:
[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']I think we've officially rock-bottomed this thread now :applause:[/QUOTE]
Just wait till you read my new post. ;)
[quote name='Eldredpe']I think you need to have a little more faith in us, Spoony.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Blade']We are? Sweet, here's mine. Pretty pleased with the size~

Xgi5eWD.jpg

(just kidding, the photo was already censored when I found it on Google)
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DPsycho']Please tell me you don't mean this literally.[/QUOTE]
Maybe I shouldn't post anymore :whistle2:#
no penis pic
but here's a pic of my cock
rjf_rooster.jpg

but in all seriousness, I believe Steam sales start to suck after your library hits 500 + games.
come on petz day
I wanna purchase something

I did give in and finally purchase Far Cry 2 Fortune Edition.

Holy Crap! Hell Must have frozen over!!! I'm downloading KoA on Steam. No more reason for Origin Suck it EA!

yeah, I've purchased it twice now /shame

[quote name='Mooby']Oh man.[/QUOTE]
Easy now, brother. Remember we aren't on our home forum and are easily overrun by the derp here. You should put that review on the codex for the laughs, they would love that.

[quote name='vince_carter']i will freely admit i have shit taste in games[/QUOTE]

The Warriors wasn't shit though, it was great. It surprised the hell out of me. The lesson for movie games is apparently to wait 25 years. It's probably the best anyone has ever modernized the brawler. I would play through it right now if there was a PC version. Rockstar should get on that right after Red Dead. I could dig it.

[quote name='vince_carter']I don't know why the original fable gets such a bad rep, probably my 3rd favorite xbox game behind the warriors and the punisher[/QUOTE]
It does? I thought 3 got the worst of the criticism from the "true Fable fans" while 1 was pretty well regarded. Playing the first one on Xbox, the story felt better put together, and it seemed like there was so much more to do than in 2 and 3.

I've really got to get around to playing TLC.

[quote name='Bruticis']Easy now, brother. Remember we aren't on our home forum and are easily overrun by the derp here. You should put that review on the codex for the laughs, they would love that.[/QUOTE]
LOL, Bruticis and Mooby are both from RPG Codex? Everything makes so much sense all of the sudden.

better buy koa. tony's on holiday. might be another 2 years before it goes on sale.
its like christmas. on steam. sacred 2 then koa.
i can't think of what could come next. jade empire for 1$? idk.

Farting?

I wanted to find a good Fable fart image but sadly I was not able to find one.

Internet sometimes you really disappoint me.

Funny thing is I don't remember too much about Fable but the main things that stick out in my mind are farting, a weird obsession with chickens and the Mount Rushmore Heads from The Lost Chapters that made a huge verbal diarrhea of exposition about loose ends they left in the regular version of the game.

Pretty sure my taste in games is worse than yours so if yours is shit I don't know what that makes mine.

Far CRy 3 is finally $29.99 (40% off)...cant wait for summer sale for it to drop to 50% off, so im getting in now!!

[quote name='Mighty Tor']
I was not really a fan of Amalur. The whole thing smacked of generic to me and just did not engage me at all. Granted I say that and I probably put in the area of 20+ hours into it trying to like it, and was probably no more than 15-20% into the game.

I will give the game one thing it has a ton of content and stuff to do. The opening area is probably a good 12+ hours on it's own. The downside to that is that it feels like a massive slog to make any progress. You end up with 50 little map pins for a bunch of side quests you long forgot why you had to swing by that spot to kill things because you got tired of waiting for the hideously long preambles to every tiny little fetch quest.

I remember during the development that they were saying it would be this great step forward in game play likening the combat to Bayonetta. I knew they were full of it at that point but was willing to see if they could even pull off a simplistic Devil May Cry. Again the combat just felt very dull and generic, slash slash, roll, repeat ad nauseum, maybe shoot something once in awhile.

The story is standard high fantasy silliness and again doesn't really do much to stand out. You are the fated fate-breaker, you can't have prophecies about the guy who is supposed to defy all prophecy. You deal with annoying generic high fantasy elves and other like creatures and again stop caring about why you're doing anything just pushing through mediocre voice acting delivering fairly lifeless text.

In fairness, it's not a bad game, it's just the definition of middle of the road bland. The graphics are well done enough but the Fable-esque cartoony art-style prevents you from every being really impressed by it. I remember comparing it to Skyrim, which I do not like at all, at the time with friends. Gameplay I prefer Amalur just because I've never been able to get into Bethesda's first person RPG stuff, amount of content is probably a push, and visuals and world building strongly in Skyrim's favor.

TL;DR KoA is a CostCo size serving of painfully bland ARPG. Wait for cheaper if you really want to play a more dull Fable.
[/QUOTE]

I gotta say I pretty much agree with this. I bought it for PS3 brand new for $10 and thought "I love RPGs and this gets really good rep as being great so for $10 this is up my alley". I tried to like it. I really, REALLY tried. The game wouldn't let me enjoy it though. It just wouldn't. Every single time it had to stop me and slap me across the face. I remember talking to Idiotekque about KoA on Steam chat and when he said he liked it I flat out cringed. We were pretty much polar opposites in that discussion. I think the only things we agreed on was that we both love Fable and that KoA's umor was bad. That was it. I'm sure reading anything he posts about KoA and then reading my post(or vice-versa) will make that pretty clear.

That being said I poured hours and hours into KoA and even beat the game 100% complete in an attempt to get some enjoyment from it. I got a big fat 0 hours of entertainment. I'll never get that time of my life back. I know I should have just quit after an hour or so but I didn't want to hear the "You didn't even give it a chance!" from people. Oh I gave it a chance. I gave it a thousand fucking chances.

- The story: It was bland as all Hell. They create a MacGuffin to the story which quickly just gets taken out so that YOU are special. Then they spend the entire game telling you that you are so special that you will fuck things up righteously just by being alive and that no matter what you do things will go sour eventually.

- The characters: NO ONE was likeable in my opinion. So many characters were throwaways and the few who weren't were just bland cookie-cut characters.

- The humor: I haven't seen such embarrassingly stiff and bad humor since high school theater performances at my old high school. It really is plain awful.

- The "backstory": They explain minute details but don't explain important things. Why is this character helping me and who is she? Don't pay attention to that! Here are some details about an unimportant conversation that happened 50 years ago! I like backstory but I don't need pointless backstory. If you're going to flesh things out then flesh out some important details too. Demon's Souls/Dark Souls did the whole backstory/lore aspect MUCH better.

- The combat: My character felt like he had no weight in fights and just thrashed about as enemies died. I never felt my attacks connecting with enemies. I could be punching air as far as I know. I also found the magic system to not only be practically useless but just flat out unnecessary at times.

- The visuals: While not terrible by any means they reminded me heavily of World of Warcraft(an RPG that I don't like). As such I didn't particularly like them but I wouldn't exactly bash the game over them. Some of the environments were a bit bare for my taste though. Meh.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']
I gotta say I pretty much agree with this. I bought it for PS3 brand new for $10 and thought "I love RPGs and this gets really good rep as being great so for $10 this is up my alley". I tried to like it. I really, REALLY tried. The game wouldn't let me enjoy it though. It just wouldn't. Every single time it had to stop me and slap me across the face. I remember talking to Idiotekque about KoA on Steam chat and when he said he liked it I flat out cringed. We were pretty much polar opposites in that discussion. I think the only things we agreed on was that we both love Fable and that KoA's umor was bad. That was it. I'm sure reading anything he posts about KoA and then reading my post(or vice-versa) will make that pretty clear.

That being said I poured hours and hours into KoA and even beat the game 100% complete in an attempt to get some enjoyment from it. I got a big fat 0 hours of entertainment. I'll never get that time of my life back. I know I should have just quit after an hour or so but I didn't want to hear the "You didn't even give it a chance!" from people. Oh I gave it a chance. I gave it a thousand fucking chances.

- The story: It was bland as all Hell. They create a MacGuffin to the story which quickly just gets taken out so that YOU are special. Then they spend the entire game telling you that you are so special that you will fuck things up righteously just by being alive and that no matter what you do things will go sour eventually.

- The characters: NO ONE was likeable in my opinion. So many characters were throwaways and the few who weren't were just bland cookie-cut characters.

- The humor: I haven't seen such embarrassingly stiff and bad humor since high school theater performances at my old high school. It really is plain awful.

- The "backstory": They explain minute details but don't explain important things. Why is this character helping me and who is she? Don't pay attention to that! Here are some details about an unimportant conversation that happened 50 years ago! I like backstory but I don't need pointless backstory. If you're going to flesh things out then flesh out some important details too. Demon's Souls/Dark Souls did the whole backstory/lore aspect MUCH better.

- The combat: My character felt like he had no weight in fights and just thrashed about as enemies died. I never felt my attacks connecting with enemies. I could be punching air as far as I know. I also found the magic system to not only be practically useless but just flat out unnecessary at times.

- The visuals: While not terrible by any means they reminded me heavily of World of Warcraft(an RPG that I don't like). As such I didn't particularly like them but I wouldn't exactly bash the game over them. Some of the environments were a bit bare for my taste though. Meh.

[quote name='Idiotekque']I still stand by the fact that if you put 100 hours into it, some part of you deep down did enjoy it. Or you're a masochist and should hook up with Rihanna. :lol:[/QUOTE]
Guess I'm a masochist then. Where's Rihanna when you need here? Probably singing about doimonds in the skoi.

[quote name='Idiotekque']It's funny what you say about the whole "you're special" story though, and how you like Fable so much. To be honest, Fable is the game that fell extremely flat on story for me, while I enjoyed most other parts of the game. The Fable story just isn't presented correctly to the player. It's extremely vague and while it's charming as hell and funny, it just does NOT have an engaging story that makes you care about the story nor the characters.[/QUOTE]
Fable says you're a descendant from a bloodline. A bloodline that many others were also a part of. You just happened to belong to the family that JoB targets.

Kingdoms of Amalur says "Look at this thing we built! You're alive! You shouldn't be alive . . . oh that thing we built went boom. Oh well you're alive! You shouldn't be though. Seriously you'll eff things up if you stay alive. But only YOU can save the world! Then you'll screw it up anyways because you aren't supposed to be alive. Thanks for killing the big baddie and saving us! We'll let you live, screwup."

Again, it was really the charm that let me look past the story problems with Fable. Charm I felt KoA didn't have.
In Fable I ended up liking characters like Garth and JoB, while I hated Reaver and Hammer. JoB had just enough backstory and motive to give him a good balance, while Garth was mostly vague and mysterious. Reaver was a pompous ass who cared about image, and Hammer was an annoying bitch. I liked that I had those I loved and those I hated. I felt the same for the Mass Effect series. I loved Garrus, Wrex, Legion, etc. but found myself hating characters like Jack. I like being able to have vastly different opinions on characters/companions. It gives them a wider range as opposed to just liking everybody, hating everybody, or being told to do one even though you think the other.

In KoA I hated everybody. No one stood out as likeable. The only one who came close appeared and disappeared before it could even give a chance to care.

[quote name='Idiotekque']But obviously we don't agree, so I say we just skip the chit chat and battle to the death.[/QUOTE]
You disagree with me. Prepare to die! *goes to get gun*

[quote name='Captain Urahara']You disagree with me. Prepare to die! *goes to get gun*[/QUOTE]
*fires overpowered KoA magic that makes the game too easy*

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back