The Steam Deal Thread V7 - The soda wars have ended, but the deals rage on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V7! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Since the V6 thread, we've decided to leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Summer sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 5/20

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Flowette']You might struggle to find a UK CAG with the OOPS! GamersGate discount. Most of us were asleep when it all kicked off :lol:[/QUOTE]

*edit: Ninja'ed! But yeah, the .uk site isn't region locked, but some specific games might be. However pretty much if it is they will just block you from seeing or buying it entirely in those cases IIRC.

You don't need to be in the UK to buy from the UK GG site, but it is better to do your gamersgate.uk purchases in blue coins if USD is your native currency to avoid any potential conversion fees.

Also there are some games they do block if your IP is not from Europe but most of them will show up for everyone.

[quote name='Detruire']Can Nightmare in North Point be accessed from the main game?

Even 'though it doesn't really tie in with the story, having to access it through the menu (or completely separately like with that Deus Ex DLC) is less than ideal imo.[/QUOTE]

It's only accessible from a menu when the game starts. You choose main game or the dlc you want to play.

[quote name='Preedatore']It's only accessible from a menu when the game starts. You choose main game or the dlc you want to play.[/QUOTE]
Lame.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']It's Ubisoft Weekend.

I don't wanna get my hopes up but maybe we will see a cheap Ass Creed 3?[/QUOTE]

Well it's already 32 from the basic sale, and it's a given that it will get at least a five dollar ore drop.

Ugh Anno 2070 is ubisofts deal today. :/ really torn on this one since I keep seing some people claiming that tages is patched out and other people saying it's still in.

[quote name='Terlan']Ugh Anno 2070 is ubisofts deal today. :/ really torn on this one sense I keep seing some people claiming that tages is patched out and other people saying it's still in.[/QUOTE]

There's still recent posts on the Ubisoft forums bitching about it, Ubisoft Support recently has told people it's still there and I looked and looked and looked but was not able to find a single official post, blog, patch log, support email etc anywhere in either English or German (the devs are German) that confirms the Tages is gone.

I'm sorry but I'm trusting it until there's something more concrete.

Fitjibo or however the hell he spells it put on his Steam DRM list that it was removed but that was based on someone saying 'Well I think it's gone. I can't find the file on my HD, but I'm not an expert in these things' etc.

Yeah, best to assume that it's still there.

However, it appears to be 50% cheaper in the Ukraine. So if you are absolutely determined to buy it, you might wanna check with Jake Nome to see if he can get you a deal on it.

[quote name='spoderman']New "Indie Gamer Mini Bundle" over at Mac App Deals is live.
https://exclusives.macappdeals.com/sales/the-name-your-own-price-gamer-bundle

$1+ gets you:
iBomber Defense
Aztaka
The Journey Down: Chapter 1

BTA (about $5 currently):
Cubemen
SpaceChem
Blades of Time

All are DRM-free + Steam (except for Blades of Time, which requires Steam)

I don't think the Steam version of Aztaka has been bundled before, and I haven't seen iBomber Defense in a bundle (the other iBomber games have been in one though), nor has Blades of Time. Cubemen and The Journey down were in an Indie Royale, and Spacechem has been in a few bundles IIRC.
Pretty good deal if you don't have Blades of Time.[/QUOTE]

Can anyone tell me if these are separate Steam keys?

Great price for Blades of Time, imo. It's a unique take on the DMC genre. For anyone wondering, the Swamp DLC (part of the Deluxe Ed) is ~1hour romp through the swamps with a gun (gunplay is not a BoT strong point) it mainly serves to tell some meanwhile, elsewhere... story. I enjoyed it for the story, but the Swamp DLC is wholly skippable.

[quote name='The End']They made a tactical mistake putting Aztaka in the $1 tier. Cubeman & Aztaka should have been in each others' spot. As it is, the $1 tier is offering the best value. Therefore people appear to be opting for that tier, and it's driving down the average.

I expect to be able to pick up the BTA tier for about $4.00 in about an hour.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='spoderman']I actually think the BTA tier has the most value. Blades of Time is worth $5 alone. If I didn't already have it I would've BTA. I paid $1 to get Aztaka and iBomber Defense. If Aztaka were in the BTA I probably wouldn't have bought it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='The End']Well, we apparently have differing opinions on the value of Blades of Time. But that's fine. We can agree to disagree on that one.
Could you do me a favor though? Since you bought the $1 tier, could you check & see if it's possible to increase your payment to unlock the higher tier? And if so, are you asked to beat the average at the time of purchase, or the current average?
[/QUOTE]

Just curious, are you judging BoT from the cover art, or have you actually played the game or demo. (Or maybe not a fan of DMC-like games.)

[quote name='TheLongshot']I thought I heard that Aztaka kinda sucked.[/QUOTE]

The demo didn't impress me, it played like run of the mill early/mid 90s shareware. That said, I didn't think it was bad, just dated gameplay. I'd be content picking it up in this bundle.

[quote name='Motoki']I mentioned this in the Gamersgate thread but figured some might not look there so I'd repost it here.

Saints Row 2 (redeems on Steam) is 75% off at Gamersgate UK at £1.74 so about $2.60 or 2600 blue coins.
http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-SAINTS2/saints-row-2

If you have the 20% Bethesda OOPS! discount (google Gamersgate and Bethesda bundle if you don't know what I am talking about but suffice it to say if you don't know you don't have it) then it comes down to $2.08 or 2080 blue coins.

It's cheaper on the UK site than the US one in this case. I'd suggest using Blue Coins to avoid any potential currency conversion fees. You can buy Blue Coins (do it on the US site if you are using USD) in as little as 1000 or $1 increments. Also keep in mind you do get 50 Blue Coins for each star rating you give to a game so if you own any GG games that you haven't given a star rating to yet go through and do that for all of them.
With Saints Row 2 I hear it's highly advisable to use the Gentlemen of the Row mod as it provides a lot of fixes.[/QUOTE]

I'm playing Saints Row 2 right now, recently passed the 50% mark. I'm having a hoot, staying over 30 FPS on my GTX 260 and Phenom II 720 BE @3.2 GHz. Imo, if you like SR3, you'll like SR2.

[quote name='monkeyz']I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on F1 2010 vs 2011 and 2012 because at getgamesgo they are $6.24/10.19/13.59 respectively and on sale, if there isn't much difference I'm thinking the first is a good deal no? I don't think the first has ever been that cheap.
http://getgamesgo.com/specialoffers
here is the link thanks in advance for your input whoever responds.

EDIT: TO be clear they all activate on Steam so I hope this is the right place to ask.[/QUOTE]

IIRC, 2011 refined some of the rough edges on 2010. 2012 is largely the annual update in the sports franchise. They actually follow that year's rules for F1, but if you're that into F1 (meatspace version) you probably already knew that. I happily bit on F1 2012 on GG.

[quote name='asheskitty']Can anyone tell me if these are separate Steam keys?
[/QUOTE]

I can confirm - there are separate Steam keys for each game.

Does Steam have someone that pays attention to what is going on with bundles being sold? If not they need to hire someone because today's deal of Miner Wars 2081 for 9.99 when it is in a bundle you can get for a BTA of a little more than HALF of that sale price is pretty dumb.

[quote name='asheskitty']
IIRC, 2011 refined some of the rough edges on 2010. 2012 is largely the annual update in the sports franchise. They actually follow that year's rules for F1, but if you're that into F1 (meatspace version) you probably already knew that. I happily bit on F1 2012 on GG.[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much for the response ashekitty it is really appreciated. Now that I know the difference I'll probably end up getting the most recent one. Awesome, plus the new one does not require games for windows live like the previous two, I hope that is correct. I don't mind GFWL but it would just be nice to have the steamworks integration opposed to it.

Not sure where to post this, it'd be nice if we had a Desura thread and/or just one unified Indie (and not so Indie) Bundle thread, but IndieBundle.org has a Desura only Point and Click Bundle for $5.

http://indiebundle.org/point-and-click-dark-bundle/

It has Cognition episode 1 (again?), Reversion: The Meeting (Currently on sale @ Desura for $2.99) and Castle Dracula (sells @ Desura for $4.99; not on sale at the moment).

If you pay $7 instead of $5 you get The Journey Down vol 1 (again?)

Kinda meh, but I had already been looking at Castle Dracula and Reversion so I may bite. Given the other two games' history of showing up in multiple bundles though I should probably wait...

They also have the Desura key for Cognition episode 2 with Desura key and DRM free for $6.99 so a little bit of a discount http://indiebundle.us5.list-manage2...4d1fcfa57168f98d6a&id=dc583be4f8&e=c13d493f9b

The IGS 30% discount code QJIVJJDZYLU1 on the season pass upgrade is a better deal (comes to $14 for eps 2-4) but I don't think that comes with Desura keys.

[quote name='jshackles']I can confirm - there are separate Steam keys for each game.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! BTA is $4.19 right now.

I'm only half interested in Aztaka, and iBomber, but at that price, I'm interested in getting BoT to a friend.

[quote name='Detruire']F1 2012 is $8.5 (before screw up discount) on GG.[/QUOTE]
Isn't this in pounds? I see £8.48 which is 12.73 USD. Or can I actually get it for $8.5 somehow?

[quote name='g6grim']Isn't this in pounds? I see £8.48 which is 12.73 USD. Or can I actually get it for $8.5 somehow?[/QUOTE]

Blue coins. $1 = 1000 BC

[quote name='asheskitty']Blue coins. $1 = 1000 BC[/QUOTE]
Hmm, I guess I'm still missing something. It's priced at 12,672 Blue Coins for me... the same thing.

New Borderlands 2 Shift codes for this weekend's special event!

PC / Mac Zaford Gear SHiFT Code: KTCBJ-C9RTC-BSFTJ-33TT3-FBWHF
PC / Mac Golden Keys SHiFT Code: 53WJJ-THTXW-HWRTJ-3TJBT-53R6S

Celebrate the Luck of the Zafords in Borderlands 2 this weekend with special in-game events and gear!

Each year, around this time, the Zaford clan take a break from their war with the Hodunk bandit family to celebrate their good fortune and honor those that have passed on, such as that time Scooter buried their son alive in a shallow grave.

During this time, those who play Borderlands 2 while connected to the internet will see a temporary increase in the drop rates and rarity of shields! Plus, Absorb shields will have a better chance to absorb enemy bullets and Booster shields will have a higher chance of dropping a shield Booster when damaged.

In addition, the Zafords have prepared special gifts! To receive your celebratory Zaford gear, including special green skins for each character and a Chulainn SMG that will be the the same level as (and appear in the backpack of) the first character you load.

Excuse me, about Amazon's "Cars, Jets and Dirt Bike Pack " bundle. That game called "Motorcross World Championship" which looks nice, is not in European store. Do you know if can be activated in Europe?

if you read my previous message, you know what's here
spacechem NBY0H-G5N5R-8EBBI
journey down: chapter 1 790E0-BZTFK-GDADG

[quote name='sunasun']if you read my previous message, you know what's here
[/QUOTE]
Thanks! I managed to grab The Journey Dawn.

[quote name='jshackles']New Borderlands 2 Shift codes for this weekend's special event!

PC / Mac Zaford Gear SHiFT Code: KTCBJ-C9RTC-BSFTJ-33TT3-FBWHF
PC / Mac Golden Keys SHiFT Code: 53WJJ-THTXW-HWRTJ-3TJBT-53R6S[/QUOTE]

I should really actually play this game instead of just redeeming SHiFT codes.

[quote name='Zoenic']Excuse me, about Amazon's "Cars, Jets and Dirt Bike Pack " bundle. That game called "Motorcross World Championship" which looks nice, is not in European store. Do you know if can be activated in Europe?[/QUOTE]

Yup, it sure can. All you have to do is add it to your cart, and upon checkout you apply the following code:

IGNO-RANT-NOOB

That'll fix you right up. ;)

[quote name='g6grim']Isn't this in pounds? I see £8.48 which is 12.73 USD. Or can I actually get it for $8.5 somehow?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='g6grim']Hmm, I guess I'm still missing something. It's priced at 12,672 Blue Coins for me... the same thing.[/QUOTE]

It appears they fixed the price mistake. They fixed the price mistake on the US one earlier but I guess they didn't catch the UK one right away and now they did. :whistle2:/

Such a hypocrite. I suppose its kinda different, but ubi already did the online city builder with anno 2070. I suppose its not 100% online, which is good. Still Ubi is up there in evil publishers in my book next to EA and Activision.

Anyways. Looking to maybe pick up an asscreed, settlers, and maybe Might/Magic Hereos VI if they go cheap enough.

[quote name='Severose']Yup, it sure can. All you have to do is add it to your cart, and upon checkout you apply the following code:

IGNO-RANT-NOOB

That'll fix you right up. ;)[/QUOTE]

Thanks! That worked for me.

[quote name='sunasun']if you read my previous message, you
spacechem NBY0H-G5N5R-8EBBI
[/QUOTE]
Thanks, picked up Space chem, couldn't believe it was still there after almost an hour.

[quote name='Severose']Yup, it sure can. All you have to do is add it to your cart, and upon checkout you apply the following code:

IGNO-RANT-NOOB

That'll fix you right up. ;)[/QUOTE]

That's completely unnecessary. He politely asked a reasonable question. There is no reason to bully him.

Zoenic: Amazon.COM is licensed to distribute games in the US only, the fine print of their TOS excludes other countries. You can check to see if there are similar prices in the store for your country (eg: www.amazon.DE )

[quote name='Woodlands']That's completely unnecessary. He politely asked a reasonable question. There is no reason to bully him.

Zoenic: Amazon.COM is licensed to distribute games in the US only, the fine print of their TOS excludes other countries. You can check to see if there are similar prices in the store for your country (eg: www.amazon.DE )[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I know that. Only amazon.com sells digital games.
I already bought more than 50 games there. All of them worked good, however I know that there is one which can be activated in USA only, "Inmersion" and Inmersion is a capcom bandai game so me and more people from other forum would like to know if those games are region locked.

Yup, it sure can. All you have to do is add it to your cart, and upon checkout you apply the following code:

IGNO-RANT-NOOB
are you trying to be funny? try again dumbass

[quote name='Zoenic']Excuse me, about Amazon's "Cars, Jets and Dirt Bike Pack " bundle. That game called "Motorcross World Championship" which looks nice, is not in European store. Do you know if can be activated in Europe?[/QUOTE]

I just activated all 3 games from the pack, none of them seemed to have region locked tags. Ridge Racer activated as Ridge Racer Unbounded Retail (RoW) which indicates it's region free. MUD activated as MUD - FIM Motocross World Championship, and Ace Combat activated as ACE COMBAT ASSAULT HORIZON Enhanced Edition 3P Retail Key (Online)

It doesn't seem like it's region locked, but I can't be 100% sure as I'm not in Europe.

[quote name='Zoenic']are you trying to be funny? try again dumbass[/QUOTE]

He's just a sad, pathetic little troll. Add him to your iggy list and be done with his stupidity.

[quote name='Zoenic']Thanks, I know that. Only amazon.com sells digital games.
I already bought more than 50 games there. All of them worked good, however I know that there is one which can be activated in USA only, "Inmersion" and Inmersion is a capcom bandai game so me and more people from other forum would like to know if those games are region locked.

are you trying to be funny? try again dumbass[/QUOTE]

Can you not wave a big flag around that you're violating terms of service and using fraudulent addresses here please?

If you want to talk about that sort of thing go to Reddit where they are fine with openly discussing violating Amazon and Nuuvem's terms of service.

[quote name='travathian']He's just a sad, pathetic little troll. Add him to your iggy list and be done with his stupidity.[/QUOTE]

Good point. I ain't afraid of using that ignore list. :p

[quote name='Motoki']Can you not wave a big flag around that you're violating terms of service and using fraudulent addresses here please?

If you want to talk about that sort of thing go to Reddit where they are fine with violating Amazon and Nuuvem's terms of service.[/QUOTE]

I dont buy the games, a USA friend of mine buy them for me. Now my question is, can you STFU please?

[quote name='Motoki']Can you not wave a big flag around that you're violating terms of service and using fraudulent addresses here please?

If you want to talk about that sort of thing go to Reddit where they are fine with violating Amazon and Nuuvem's terms of service.[/QUOTE]

Oh give it a rest man.

You blatantly post about violating Gamersgate's terms of service by buying through the UK site and you do it yourself yet you want to nerd rage at people from other countries doing the same thing?

Hypocrisy at its finest. Can we just let people do what people will do without trying to get all high and mighty about it?

[quote name='Zoenic']I dont buy the games, a USA friend of mine buy them for me. Now my question is, can you STFU please?[/QUOTE]

kewl, now you are the aggressive one.

You first said that you had bought over 50 games there, now it's a friend of yours who does it?? It is weird anyway that after 50 games you are not aware of what's what.

Your original question has been answered, there is no regional locks on this pack, now don't drag the thread into the mud.

[quote name='DonRamon']kewl, now you are the aggressive one.

You first said that you had bought over 50 games there, now it's a friend of yours who does it?? It is weird anyway that after 50 games you are not aware of what's what.

Your original question has been answered, there is no regional locks on this pack, now don't drag the thread into the mud.[/QUOTE]

what is wrong with you? dont say that I violate terms of service and using fraudulent addresses because I never said that.
I dont need to explain how I get the games. If you dont want to help dont help. Also my question had not been answered. Anyway Im done here. Have a nice day.

How did I know he was going to say his friend buys it for him. :roll:

Nonetheless, if you are in a region that those games aren't supposed to be sold to then you can't complain if they don't work in your region.

Anyway at this point he is being Mr. Aggressive Last Word so obvious troll is obvious.

[quote name='DonRamon']now don't drag the thread into the mud.[/QUOTE]
But... But... but... MUD is one of the games on sale!

I know... Bad joke... I'm bored

[quote name='Motoki']How did I know he was going to say his friend buys it for him. :roll:

Nonetheless, if you are in a region that those games aren't supposed to be sold to then you can't complain if they don't work in your region.

Anyway at this point he is being Mr. Aggressive Last Word so obvious troll is obvious.[/QUOTE]

Really?
You blatantly post about violating Gamersgate's terms of service by buying through the UK site and you do it yourself yet you want to nerd rage at people from other countries doing the same thing?

Hate to break it to ya' Last Word Larry but you're on ignore.

[quote name='DonRamon']kewl, now you are the aggressive one.

Your original question has been answered, there is no regional locks on this pack, now don't drag the thread into the mud.[/QUOTE]

Clearly we all need friends who are willing to facilitate buying over 50 games for us.

[quote name='Motoki']How did I know he was going to say his friend buys it for him. :roll:

Anyway at this point he is being Mr. Aggressive Last Word so obvious troll is obvious.[/QUOTE]

I did not complain, I just asked a question.
Really?

[quote name='Motoki']Clearly we all need friends who are willing to facilitate buying over 50 games for us.[/QUOTE]

How is this different from getting people to help you buy steam games that are cheaper in other regions? You and I have both done that sort of thing in the past.

EDIT: Admittedly, he's probably lying about the having a friend do it. But still, in both cases rules are being bent/broken to get games at cheaper prices.

[quote name='The End']How is this different from getting people to help you buy steam games that are cheaper in other regions? You and I have both done that sort of thing in the past.[/QUOTE]

I was just sitting here thinking I bet The End is going to go 'But what about...'

And you didn't disappoint.

Personally, I think he's full of shit and is using the fake address like majority do but just not admitting it so he could tell me to STFU.

If he's not, well any time you get anything from another region it's buy at your own risk.

FWIW I haven't bought anything from Jake and don't recall getting anyone to get me games from Russia or the Ukraine or Brazil or any of that so don't tell me what I've done in the past please.

I do buy from Gamersgate.uk but the site allows you to do it (and blocks you from doing it if it's a game that truly is region locked). Also MysterD asked them if it was okay for non UK to buy from their UK site back when Sacred 2 went on sale and GG said it was.

[quote name='The End']How is this different from getting people to help you buy steam games that are cheaper in other regions? You and I have both done that sort of thing in the past.

EDIT: Admittedly, he's probably lying about the having a friend do it. But still, in both cases rules are being bent/broken to get games at cheaper prices.[/QUOTE]

To me it doesn't matter what he's doing. We've all F5ed to hell when sites are giving out games that should technically be restricted to other countries and some of us even get left with region locked games in our accounts for it (Hitman DLC lol).

Now if someone hasn't done any of that and they want to get preachy about then please do, but its silly for people to set different rules for themselves than others.

So what if he uses a fake address, just because he's more proactive in it doesn't mean it's any more wrong. The whole "well gamersgate doesn't block us from doing it" argument is just a lame excuse to try to justify different behavior and different standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back