The Steam Deal Thread V7 - The soda wars have ended, but the deals rage on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V7! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Since the V6 thread, we've decided to leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Summer sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 5/20

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The End']Truthfully, I haven't played the game or demo. So my impessions of the game is based entirely on the the screenshots & video on steam as well as the fact that it's a DMC type game (which isn't really a favorite game style/sub-genre). Having said that, I wouldn't say I'm dead set against it or even repulsed by it. I would describe my feelings towards it as slightly below lukewarm. It's just that Sunghost seemed fairly enthusiastic about the game. So that's mostly what the discrepancy of opinions was about.[/QUOTE]

^_^ Ah. I *think* I've seen a lot of people bash it just because of Ayumi's outfits.

[quote name='juanjava']
:bouncy:

BTW, I bought this pad to make a pair with the CM Xornet Storm Mouse (which I LOVE, thanks all who told me to get it!) and complete the $25 for free shipping...
I always saw people using that kind of pad and saying its comfortable... I can't get use to it. I don't know If I'm doing something wrong, but I still prefer no pad... just the cold and heartless feel of the table

About Blades of Time: Just saw some gameplay videos and it seems fun, but... she's always speaking everything!! The voice acting is awful, and she's always saying something!! Is like that all the time?[/QUOTE]

I hate mouse pads with wrist rests. They've been around since the '80s FYI. If you don't have the terrible mousing habits they're supposed to correct they get in the way, and restrict you to only one/two mouse grips.

I liked the English voice acting. You can change it to Russian/German/Japanese (and quite a few more) if it bothers you.

[quote name='MysterD']Yeah, that was the other thing - really glad GG said it was cool to go for it.

Even better when my push for getting the game to go DRM-FREE (since it had no Securom on Steam-version) there and then they added the DRM-FREE Edition to our GG accounts for free. :D
I also remember a few times I asked GG about "Plz put Krater on sale" - and one day, it went on sale and they sent me a Twitter to let me know "Krater's on sale."

Except for the Bethesda-keys madness (and leaving people hanging for a while), they can be pretty good about customer-support type of things... :D[/QUOTE]

The DRM-FREE issuing Sacred 2 Gold was an A+ customer service move.

[quote name='Terlan']Also to stay on the topic of steam sales. I would like to point out that World of Conflict is currently a decent price due to it being ubi weekend.[/QUOTE]

But we have Thread of Conflict here, and it's free. :razz:

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']You know, I never used one of those pads, though I've been tempted to use some of those wrist gloves to avoid carpal tunnel sometimes. Glad to hear you are loving the Xornet. I've actually put mine through hell this week due to drops n stuff and still running strong. I recently bought a CM Lapdesk with a fan and it has done wonders on bringing down the heat on my laptop. I guess I'm a coolermaster fanboy now :)[/QUOTE]

The wrist lock gloves are a total PITA unless you're already hurting or are on the edge of pain. Adjust your workspace, don't overreach, etc. I've recovered from RSI (it was to the point where I could lift a coffee pot) and gone on to live a healthy normal cheapass lifestyle =p. (I'm so glad I can cycle again.)

[quote name='MysterD']I'm hoping for a Watch Dogs day... ;)[/QUOTE]

Swatch Dogs and Diet Coke Heads?

Okay you should have gotten that reference, you're in the right age bracket. But like so many references from
Heathers (1989, Christan Slater, Winnona Ryder)
no one ever does. Though they do eventually remember the movie.

[quote name='Motoki']So no Petz day? Damn. :lol:

In all seriousness though I kind of want the Petz Pack but come on now, 35% off? And it's now just this sale. It never goes below that price. EVER.
http://www.steamgamesales.com/aF562/petz-pack

Funny thing is, that's actually 40% off now as a pre-order. Some people on Reddit thought it was a price mistake but if so it's been up for a while now.
[/QUOTE]

This!

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']Hmm... dunno if my computer can run this.

2i8aap.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Why to so many games like that lack AA?

[quote name='gilby']
Quietly adding someone to an ignore list is certainly more polite than and a better choice than just flaming away at those who annoy you--especially if everything and everyone is starting to annoy you. I say that as someone who is currently avoiding a long-time regular forum hangout because everything and everyone there is annoying me.
I see nothing restricting use of Gamersgate to specific regions in its terms of service. (Interestingly, I do see that both the US and UK sites say that legal jurisdiction is considered to be in the state of New York.) With the terms of service they have posted I don't see any equivalence here.

Also, I'm not going to speak for anyone else, but the problem I see isn't so much with people ignoring terms of use but with people not keeping it on the down-low.[/QUOTE]

Your account is shared across the .com and .co.uk sites, blue coins work across both. You don't need to fake an address, and they do prevent you from buying certain restricted titles from the wrong side of the pond (and other parts of the world as well), thus implying if they're not stopping you from buying a certain title, it's okay.

[quote name='asheskitty']
The DRM-FREE issuing Sacred 2 Gold was an A+ customer service move.[/quote]
Amen.

But we have Thread of Conflict here, and it's free. :razz:
I got World of Conflict free during that UbiSoft Friends promo. ;)

Swatch Dogs and Diet Coke Heads?

Okay you should have gotten that reference, you're in the right age bracket. But like so many references from
Heathers (1989, Christan Slater, Winnona Ryder)
no one ever does. Though they do eventually remember the movie.
Even though I was born in 1980 and whatnot, I just don't recall that movie...

[quote name='WilliamG']Sure![/QUOTE]

Sent.

And God I hope I didn't send another used key. That was so embarrassing the other day.

[quote name='The End']Sent.

And God I hope I didn't send another used key. That was so embarrassing the other day.[/QUOTE]

Worked a treat! :) You're awesome!

[quote name='Jugglenaut']Key drop for Zombie Pirates!
[/QUOTE]

Somebody claimed it, and of course.... didn't say anything. WEAK! Anyone else have a Zombie Pirates code?

[quote name='Jugglenaut']Key drop for Zombie Pirates![/QUOTE]

Thank you for the random key drop. I got it. ~

[quote name='WilliamG']
Somebody claimed it, and of course.... didn't say anything. WEAK! Anyone else have a Zombie Pirates code?[/QUOTE]

No, it just so happened you posted before I did.

[quote name='Raikuden']Thank you for the random key drop. I got it. ~

No, it just so happened you posted before I did.[/QUOTE]

Yeah...well... you still suck! :D :D :)

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']
I only started playing AC1 and I like what I played so far, but I was playing with KB/M and it really felt like a game that would be most enjoyable with a controller.[/QUOTE]

It is best played w/ a controller, IMHO...
...like many other games that focus on tons on platforming (like Tomb Raider series and POP series).

[quote name='MysterD']It is best played w/ a controller, FACT...
...like many other games that focus on tons on platforming (like Tomb Raider series and POP series, Devil May Cry, Alan Wake etc, and pretty much every game that isn't an FPS/strategy game).[/QUOTE]

Fixed. :)

@WilliamG
You can add brawlers like Mortal Kombat series and Street Fighter series to list of games that normally play better w/ a controller, IMHO.
Add racing games to that list of games that normally play better w/ a controller, IMHO, too. ;)

Alright, I'm off to bed. A little code drop before I go. These are from the current Humble Android bundle.

Nightsky Steam Key -
J2KE2-6A9IA-IDX97
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP Steam Key -
3QAM9-NR8RQ-2500L
Crayon Physics Deluxe Steam Key -
ZIJCE-NAPZN-3C0EW

Enjoy.

[quote name='The End']
Nightsky Steam Key -
J2KE2-6A9IA-IDX97
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP Steam Key -
3QAM9-NR8RQ-2500L
Crayon Physics Deluxe Steam Key -
ZIJCE-NAPZN-3C0EW

Enjoy.[/QUOTE]

Looks like I chose the perfect hour to lurk, and I feel guilty about it now. Especially, after I just picked up Zombie Pirates just a few minutes ago. Thank you though! ~

Sorry WilliamG and anyone else out there. ;(

[quote name='MysterD']@WilliamG
You can add brawlers like Mortal Kombat series and Street Fighter series to list of games that normally play better w/ a controller, IMHO.
Add racing games to that list of games that normally play better w/ a controller, IMHO, too. ;)[/QUOTE]

Hah for sure. I wish PC gamers weren't so stubborn about using keyboards/mice, and then exclaiming in what appears to be utter surprise that playing Just Cause 2 or Burnout Paradise isn't much fun.

USE. A. GAMEPAD.

[quote name='Raikuden']Looks like I chose the perfect hour to lurk, and I feel guilty about it now. Especially, after I just picked up Zombie Pirates just a few minutes ago. Thank you though! ~

Sorry WilliamG and anyone else out there. ;([/QUOTE]

Yep stole those from under me, too. :)

I only started playing AC1 and I like what I played so far, but I was playing with KB/M and it really felt like a game that would be most enjoyable with a controller.
Yes, beyond a doubt.

I'm using an XBox360 controller and it works great for these games.

[quote name='MysterD']
Add racing games to that list of games that normally play better w/ a controller, IMHO, too. ;)[/QUOTE]

True, though I played the old Papyrus Indy 500 game with a keyboard.

[quote name='WilliamG']Hah for sure. I wish PC gamers weren't so stubborn about using keyboards/mice, and then exclaiming in what appears to be utter surprise that playing Just Cause 2 or Burnout Paradise isn't much fun. [/QUOTE]

With games like Grand Theft Auto and Saint's Row much of the game works best with a controller, but many shooting sequences cry out for a mouse and keyboard. I'm not sure if Just Cause 2 is the same.

For anyone who cares Impire now has a demo up on Steam. Reaffirmed what I already heard: clunky interface, unresponsive controls, and fairly tedious.

[quote name='jshackles']New Borderlands 2 Shift codes for this weekend's special event!

PC / Mac Zaford Gear SHiFT Code: KTCBJ-C9RTC-BSFTJ-33TT3-FBWHF
PC / Mac Golden Keys SHiFT Code: 53WJJ-THTXW-HWRTJ-3TJBT-53R6S[/QUOTE]
Goddammit, the SMG I got has no ironsight.

[quote name='guardian_owl']Thanks, picked up Space chem, couldn't believe it was still there after almost an hour.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='poxi']Thanks! I managed to grab The Journey Dawn.[/QUOTE]
glad they didn't go unused :)

My kid wants those Petz games, hopefully they go on sale for more than the currently lame 35% off.

I'm glad I never put anyone on ignore so I could go through all those pages of discussion/mudslinging about who's ignored whom and how it should be handled. /popcorn

Good news is that in the time it took catching up on posts, the MacAppDeals Bundle has continued its steady average price decrease and is now $4.06. I might go in on that some time tomorrow.

[quote name='asheskitty']All this bickering and no mention of SimShitty? For shame!

SimCity's offline mode - Ars

also Serious Deficiencies in Sims Modeling[/QUOTE]

But, that's an Origin-required game and isn't available on Steam. ;)

But, sure - we got some stuff for you. ;)

PC Gamer -> "SimCity tested: offline play, phantom Sims, and other controversies verified or debunked."
Kotaku -> "SimCity Creators Say They’re Fixing The Game’s Road Traffic Weirdness."

Tweets from Erik Reynolds of Maxis yesterday:
https://twitter.com/buzzspinner/status/312342876581416961
Erik Reynolds ‏@buzzspinner
Media, Conspiracy theorists and overall @SimCity fans - Being 1000% transparent. In next tweet so pay attention, okay?

https://twitter.com/buzzspinner/status/312343408754700288
Erik Reynolds
‏@buzzspinner
Due to our ToS we need to delete the thread about the hack/mod from our forums. Please move it to other places and continue the dialogue

https://twitter.com/buzzspinner/status/312344180099801088
Erik Reynolds
‏@buzzspinner
In the past we've supported the modding community and in the future we are committed to supporting. Hacks are not mods.

Hacks are mods, if they are fixing your broke ass game that should have never been released in that mess you call "ready".....ohh and proving that the devs were lying outright about the game "needing" online to function anyway (which was just a cover for their version of "pirate proofing".

So if you pirate the game to be able to play the single player offline (even if you actually paid for it), without the fear that the game will wipe out your save game when it syncs to the server, your're in the wrong because you aren't playing the game in the manner the devs deem to be the "right way", and yet....

When you mod the game to actually make it playable, you're (according to EA) a hacker, who's just as bad as a pirate, and yet....

When you demand for a refund because of all the drama just trying to play the game you bought, EA tells you to screw off.

EA.....really?

Not to derail the simcity discussion but...

The Heroes VI expansion (the one that isn't out for a month and is currently in preorder) is 40% off with the Ubi sale. I couldn't find it in their list, and it doesn't show up under regular Heroes IV, but if you search it up it's on sale with the rest of the games.

Considering it's not out yet, I doubt it'll go below 40%, so if people are interested this is probably the time to jump.

[quote name='sunasun']My kid wants those Petz games, hopefully they go on sale for more than the currently lame 35% off.[/QUOTE]

I would be blown away if Steam had a PETZ DAY! :D

[quote name='utopianmachine']I would be blown away if Steam had a PETZ DAY! :D[/QUOTE]

Stranger things have happened...

.. nothing leaps to mind but I'm sure it's true. :D

[quote name='gilby']Quietly adding someone to an ignore list is certainly more polite than and a better choice than just flaming away at those who annoy you--especially if everything and everyone is starting to annoy you. I say that as someone who is currently avoiding a long-time regular forum hangout because everything and everyone there is annoying me.[/QUOTE]

Quietly is one thing. Announcing an ignore is the height of "this isn't your blog" prima Donna nonsense.

[quote name='jshackles']Stranger things have happened...

.. nothing leaps to mind but I'm sure it's true. :D[/QUOTE]

I have to admit I'd buy it if it was cheap enough. These things tend to amuse me, because if it's not Nintendogs, it's pretty horrible. And horrible can be funny.

[quote name='utopianmachine']I have to admit I'd buy it if it was cheap enough. These things tend to amuse me, because if it's not Nintendogs, it's pretty horrible. And horrible can be funny.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if the PC version is the same as the one for the Wii, but my kids were OBSESSED with Petz Cats 2 for the Wii. You would pick your cat's breed, name it etc, then you would walk around different areas doing quests or missions for NPCs which would unlock new cat toys or fashion accessories or furniture for your house. Eventually you would unlock new areas, which had more NPC cats that let you get progressively better stuff. It was like WoW for 7 year olds.

ALSO:

Deep Silver put out the teaser for Saints Row IV.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax5lfDVjF3w

[quote name='gilby']Quietly adding someone to an ignore list is certainly more polite than and a better choice than just flaming away at those who annoy you--especially if everything and everyone is starting to annoy you. I say that as someone who is currently avoiding a long-time regular forum hangout because everything and everyone there is annoying me.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Rsmobile']Quietly is one thing. Announcing an ignore is the height of "this isn't your blog" prima Donna nonsense.[/QUOTE]

I'm not disagreeing with it, it is ridiculous drama. I just let people get under my skin, push my buttons and take me there.

It is rather like giving someone the middle finger then clicking a mute button on a remote so you can't hear them ranting and raving back at you and just going LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU LA LA LA. Childish yes, but at the time when someone is really getting your goat there's a certain crass satification in it.

But yeah, I need to work on saying 'You're an asshole. *click* Ignored' with my inside voice.

What Gilby said is absolutely how I feel. I think it's the lesser evil to put people on ignore than to argue with them or constantly be annoyed by their bullshit, but I just need to work on the quietly part of quietly ignoring.

Anyway, it's not like other people around here don't stir up the shit in various other ways, like oh say intentionally trolling about indie games.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jshackles']Of interest: Civ 5 is getting YET ANOTHER expansion pack. I hate it when companies release all-inclusive DLC packages (in this case, the "gold edition") and then immediately release more content.[/QUOTE]
Not to mention when they do it multiple times....

*cough* Civ V GOTY *cough*

I think it at this point it's safe to assume that any Platnium Uber Mega Game of the Millennium Collection of Civ V is not the last until Civ VI comes out.

SR4 looks interesting if maybe a bit more of them same. But it's a uniquely weird game so more of the same in that case is not a bad thing.

[quote name='jshackles']
ALSO:

Deep Silver put out the teaser for Saints Row IV.
[/QUOTE]

This feels way too quick for yet another Saints Row game, but I think that is primarily a problem with buying games so much later after they release.

[quote name='jshackles']Of interest: Civ 5 is getting YET ANOTHER expansion pack. I hate it when companies release all-inclusive DLC packages (in this case, the "gold edition") and then immediately release more content.[/QUOTE]

While I can agree that is annoying, I find that getting new content 3 years after release is worth it.

Well that and it doesn't really bother me. It didn't bother me with Warhammer 40k or Neverwinter Nights and it still really doesn't now.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']:applause:Impressive. Most impressive[/QUOTE]

Indeed, that trailer looks awesome. The dreamer in me is hoping for the SR the Fourth Dead Island DLC pack. The Zombie Gun, shoots zombie from earth to reach out and devour your enemy. Zombie body parts to beat enemies to death. Who knows, maybe even a few missions based on Zombies.

:whee: It looks like SR4 is on track and is a wilder descendant of SR2 & SR3.

That release date will put it just shy of two years since the SR3 release.

Next indieroyale is up.

Snapshot
Cognition Episode 2: The Wise Monkey
AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! - A Reckless Disregard for Gravity
Fieldrunners
Snuggle Truck

Even though I want Cognition Ep2, I have no interest in aaaaa and already have the rest. Skipping.

The rest are bundle repeats I believe (though maybe I have Fieldrunner only from the $0.10 sale on android.)

I'm wondering if this means that we'll see Cognition Ep2 in another bundle soon, given observations with Ep1.

Another bundle with a mix of leftover past-bundle crap from other misc junk. Lovely. :roll:

As much as I'd like Cognition Ep 2, (and wouldn't mind fieldrunners,) I don't want to support IR if they're going to keep pulling this sort of thing. There are hundreds of other indie games that they could have chosen from, yet they go and include games from other bundles and rubbish like Aaaaaa! A Reckless Disregard For Gameplay. (I don't have anything against Snuggle Truck - which I enjoy playing every now and then - or Snapshot, but I'm freaking sick of all these repeated games.)

[quote name='jshackles']Deep Silver put out the teaser for Saints Row IV.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax5lfDVjF3w[/QUOTE]

I don't think they could have made this trailer any more annoying. Time for me to add Saints Row 4 to my ignore list, that fucking game.

(give me some creative freedom and imagine each word as being its own separate post, all pimped out in purple and gold and full of hyperbole)

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Indeed, that trailer looks awesome. The dreamer in me is hoping for the SR the Fourth Dead Island DLC pack. The Zombie Gun, shoots zombie from earth to reach out and devour your enemy. Zombie body parts to beat enemies to death. Who knows, maybe even a few missions based on Zombies.[/QUOTE]

Saints Row 3 had zombie missions.

I hated them, but they were there.

[quote name='Blade']I don't think they could have made this trailer any more annoying. Time for me to add Saints Row 4 to my ignore list, that fucking game.

(give me some creative freedom and imagine each word as being its own separate post, all pimped out in purple and gold and full of hyperbole)[/QUOTE]

Saints Row 4 will not be ignored!

But really, though, that kind of obnoxious hyperbole is sort of the core of the Saints Row experience.

[quote name='Blade']I don't think they could have made this trailer any more annoying. Time for me to add Saints Row 4 to my ignore list, that fucking game.

(give me some creative freedom and imagine each word as being its own separate post, all pimped out in purple and gold and full of hyperbole)[/QUOTE]

At
least
it
wasn't
as
annoying
as
it
would
have
been
to
click
all
these
freaking
spoiler
b
u
t
t
n
s
oops
I
think
that
I
missed
a letter
there...
b
u
t
t
o
n
s
You know... I really hate when people do this with spoiler tags.

[quote name='Detruire']
At
least
it
wasn't
as
annoying
as
it
would
have
been
to
click
all
these
freaking
spoiler
b
u
t
t
n
s
oops
I
think
that
I
missed
a letter
there...
b
u
t
t
o
n
s
You know... I really hate when people do this with spoiler tags.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting the code, but I already have Skyrim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back