The Steam Deal Thread V7 - The soda wars have ended, but the deals rage on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V7! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Since the V6 thread, we've decided to leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Summer sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 5/20

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='louiedog']Thanks for posting the code, but I already have Skyrim.[/QUOTE]

When I post Steam keys on this forum, I don't bury them in spoiler tags. (That's far too annoying.)

[quote name='louiedog']I Am Alive at 66% off ($5.09)
Rayman Origins at 66% off ($6.79)[/QUOTE]

66% off? :nottalking:
Regional price gouging? ($13.58 for Rayman) :bomb:

[quote name='louiedog']I Am Alive at 66% off ($5.09)
Rayman Origins at 66% off ($6.79)[/QUOTE]

66% off? :nottalking:
Regional price gouging? ($13.58 for Rayman) :bomb:

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']i think this is a fair assessment

anno day
prince of persia day (all 75%)
far cry 3 day (especially since it has no discount - probably a 33%)
tom clancy day (all 75%)
ass creed day (iffy on a 50% on ac:iii, 75% on other titles; maybe ac:r will hover at 66%)

might and magic is a strong contender and could beat out pop day. Driver seems doubtful. Rayman seems doubtful. Everything else is extremely unlikely.

But who knows.... We'll have a from dust day and i'll have to do the walk of shame.[/quote]

Quick someone make him do the walk of shame. Two of the ones he said wouldnt happened did, in the same day no less! He broke the rule of steam. If you doubt it, they will come.

[quote name='Mike UFC']Still waiting for I Am Alive to hit that magical 75% off sweet spot. Until then, I'll wait.[/QUOTE]

Good move. It's got some neat ideas that are worth seeing, but it's not a great game. Just by playing the game it feels like what you might guess, at some point its development someone said, "We're done funding this elaborate retail game. Take what you have and turn it into a product we can sell in 6 weeks."

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']No DLC on sale makes Fox a sad boy.

I am waiting for Trainz v. Zombies Part 2 to go on sale.[/QUOTE]

I'm waiting for the 91% off so I can finish picking up the DLC without signing up for layaway. =p

[quote name='asheskitty']I'm waiting for the 91% off so I can finish picking up the DLC without signing up for layaway. =p[/QUOTE]

If it did hit that much off, I'd probably pick up a fair bit of it myself.... :lol:

[quote name='louiedog']Good move. It's got some neat ideas that are worth seeing, but it's not a great game. Just by playing the game it feels like what you might guess, at some point its development someone said, "We're done funding this elaborate retail game. Take what you have and turn it into a product we can sell in 6 weeks."[/QUOTE]

Ya, it looks cool but the middling reviews make it a wait until it's cheaper title. Thankfully, not having to buy a lot lately has really helped me get through my backlog.

I keep being tempted by I Am Alive. I just got paid so I'm feeling a little generous with my money, I think I'll just pick that up as well as Rayman Origins.

Also, I am ridiculously excited by Saints Row 4. I loved SR3 (and still pick it up occasionally for some shenanigans).

[quote name='Eldredpe']

But really, though, that kind of obnoxious hyperbole is sort of the core of the Saints Row experience.[/QUOTE]

Only if the Saints Row experience began at SR3

I don't believe it's been posted here yet, but all you proud new owners of the Civ V Gold Edition, prepare yourselves to be incomplete once again. May I present to you, Brave New World, the expansion that fixes diplomacy and culture. For only $29.99. Coming this summer.

With any luck, GMG will run an awesome sale and let me get it really cheap like I did for G&K.

[quote name='glennfrank']Yeah.. I want SR4.. like now..like.. right now..[/QUOTE]

Isn't saints row 4 just a saints row 3 dlc that they decided to make into a full game? I'm almost positive I read that somewhere.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Isn't saints row 4 just a saints row 3 dlc that they decided to make into a full game? I'm almost positive I read that somewhere.[/QUOTE]

It started that way but they decided to roll it into a full game, probably because THQ desperately needed a $60 product that would be a hit. By the time it releases it'll have been about 2 years since SR3 came out which is how much time there was between 2 and 3 so I'm not worried about it feeling light on content.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Isn't saints row 4 just a saints row 3 dlc that they decided to make into a full game? I'm almost positive I read that somewhere.[/QUOTE]

It started its life that way, yes--as an expansion called "Enter the Dominatrix."

[quote name='louiedog']It started that way but they decided to roll it into a full game, probably because THQ desperately needed a $60 product that would be a hit. By the time it releases it'll have been about 2 years since SR3 came out which is how much time there was between 2 and 3 so I'm not worried about it feeling light on content.[/QUOTE]

That is something that really worries me actually, in the rush for money THQ was I hope they weren't going for a quick cash grab.

[quote name='fantomena']How is Saint's Row 2 on PC?[/QUOTE]

If you can grab it on x360, go for it, not only the PC port is reputed as one of the worst ever (although I've never had a problem with it) it has DLC which was only released for that console.

SR2 is a much more grander game than SR3, albeit the technology is more rudimentary, obviously.

[quote name='guardian_owl']Oh hell, I still haven't touched the SR3 in my backlog.[/QUOTE]
you should, its one of the best games ever made

[quote name='fantomena']How is Saint's Row 2 on PC?[/QUOTE]
I heard it doesnt run great but Im willing to play it, looking for a sale

[quote name='Larce80']you should, its one of the best games ever made

I heard it doesnt run great but Im willing to play it, looking for a sale[/QUOTE]

it's on sale right now on gamersgate!

[quote name='Larce80']you should, its one of the best games ever made

I heard it doesnt run great but Im willing to play it, looking for a sale[/QUOTE]

It's currently on sale at gamersgate.

Edit: ninja'd.

re: SR2

Eh it's cheap right now on GG and there's a mod that fixes a lot of stuff. I don't think you'll get the 360 version for $3 or so unless you find it used or at a garage sale or something. If you shop GG somewhat regularly you might even have enough blue coins to cover the cost of it.

BTW Saints Row 1 is a 360 exclusive, isn't it? The wiki article says there was to be a PS3 port but that it got cancelled. Not that I even have a 360 but is it even worth tracking that one down?

[quote name='Izod517']Someone talk me out of I Am Alive. It has horrible metacritic/user reviews.[/QUOTE]

It gave me a headache when i played the 360 demo.

[quote name='Izod517']Someone talk me out of I Am Alive. It has horrible metacritic/user reviews.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you've already talked yourself out of it. ;)

For realsies though, it has terrible reviews and it isn't even 75% off. So for me that means no sale.

I see that GreenManGaming has a few Steam-redeemable titles in their latest sale, most notably Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams.

Last edited by a moderator:
sweet thx for heads up, got it for $2.99 with coins.

As for sim city.... :( I gave it a chance but the rollbacks are killing it

Traded my 360 copy of Rayman Origins for $12.80 to Gamestop and never finished it. Going to get a steam copy and play through it for $6.79. Sounds good to me.

[quote name='jshackles']Sounds like you've already talked yourself out of it. ;)

For realsies though, it has terrible reviews and it isn't even 75% off. So for me that means no sale.[/QUOTE]

Ah thank you.

I just saw that Resident Evil 6 will be getting the survivors from L4D2 as playable characters in the Steam version.

I'm super on the fence, especially considering the preorder now includes Resident Evil 5 and the Season Pass.

[quote name='sleeping_lights_on']
Bought Tropico4 and look to buy CitiesXL in the near future. Cities XL looks SO pretty.[/QUOTE]

Ive always been tempted by cities xl every time it pops up on sale, but once you read the forum posts it sounds like the game goes to crap once you hit a certain population limit. There are also memory leaks that exist that started with the very first version, and since every version since is basically the original with changed graphics and a few extra buildings, any bugs from the beginning still exist today

Its a real shame too, finger still gets twitchy every time

[quote name='ezelkow1']Ive always been tempted by cities xl every time it pops up on sale, but once you read the forum posts it sounds like the game goes to crap once you hit a certain population limit. There are also memory leaks that exist that started with the very first version, and since every version since is basically the original with changed graphics and a few extra buildings, any bugs from the beginning still exist today

Its a real shame too, finger still gets twitchy every time[/QUOTE]

If you can find somebody (like me) that owns that base game, you can get XL Platinum for only $4.50. It's essentially Cities XL 2012 with a bunch of added stuff.

rayman origins is a great game with a fatal flaw for me

for some reason it won't let you map the start button to the 360 controller, so i actually have to get off my ass, open the laptop, hit ESC and quit. then wait for the display to recover on my TV after i close the laptop . ain't nobody got time for that.

353b575ebxi.gif

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']If you can find somebody (like me) that owns that base game, you can get XL Platinum for only $4.50. It's essentially Cities XL 2012 with a bunch of added stuff.[/QUOTE]

Would you be willing? Can I PM? Pm me?

[quote name='ezelkow1']Ive always been tempted by cities xl every time it pops up on sale, but once you read the forum posts it sounds like the game goes to crap once you hit a certain population limit. There are also memory leaks that exist that started with the very first version, and since every version since is basically the original with changed graphics and a few extra buildings, any bugs from the beginning still exist today

Its a real shame too, finger still gets twitchy every time[/QUOTE]

add "-nocpubinding" to the launch options. and every hour or so just go to the world menu where you select your cities. thats it. takes all of 10 seconds every hour - hour and a half.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']
[/QUOTE]

Well played sir! :applause:

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']I have and it is truly awesome. Works on Doom2 as well.[/QUOTE]

This is a mod I take it?

[quote name='jshackles']Of interest: Civ 5 is getting YET ANOTHER expansion pack. I hate it when companies release all-inclusive DLC packages (in this case, the "gold edition") and then immediately release more content.

http://www.civilization5.com/bravenewworld/[/QUOTE]

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10537852#post10537852

Just recalling a post I made on 3/03. I had a feeling they were not done.

CIV series doesn't play by the same rules as other games. In order for you to have the definitive version of a CIV game you want "The Complete Edition". IF IT IS NOT "THE COMPLETE EDITION" don't assume it is definitive one.

[quote name='Detruire']Not to mention when they do it multiple times....

*cough* Civ V GOTY *cough*[/QUOTE]

They did something similar with CIV IV.

[quote name='Motoki']I think it at this point it's safe to assume that any Platnium Uber Mega Game of the Millennium Collection of Civ V is not the last until Civ VI comes out.
[/QUOTE]

Exactly, until it says "The Complete Edition" DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE! :cool:

[quote name='guardian_owl']Oh hell, I still haven't touched the SR3 in my backlog.[/QUOTE]

Me either :lol:

[quote name='jshackles']
Deep Silver put out the teaser for Saints Row IV.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax5lfDVjF3w
[/QUOTE]
I have to say, it looks glorious. I've really gotta finish 3 and install 2.

[quote name='jshackles']Of interest: Civ 5 is getting YET ANOTHER expansion pack. I hate it when companies release all-inclusive DLC packages (in this case, the "gold edition") and then immediately release more content.

http://www.civilization5.com/bravenewworld/[/QUOTE]
I only paid $2.80 in the end for Civ V and all the DLC, so I'd probably be in for this for $5-10 seeing as I'm playing this game night and day. Three epic games down (won three different ways), started on another today (although I'm only up to normal difficulty). IT'S A SICKNESS.

Really though, the added diplomacy bits with world agreements and stuff should have been in the game to begin with, as should have religion. I'm pretty sure both of those features were in Civ IV to begin with, so it's stupid to add them later (for $30). I really wish you couldn't stack units in Civ IV, because I'd play it then. That feature makes battles utterly tedious, pointless, and annoying. It ruins the game for me.

I hate their DLC tactics, but I'll keep throwing money at them either way. Throwing nickels, mostly. Those hurt more and are cheaper than quarters.

[quote name='plft']Next indieroyale is up.

Snapshot
Cognition Episode 2: The Wise Monkey
AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! - A Reckless Disregard for Gravity
Fieldrunners
Snuggle Truck

Even though I want Cognition Ep2, I have no interest in aaaaa and already have the rest. Skipping.[/QUOTE]
Hey, what do you know? One "headliner" indie adventure game (because we all don't have enough of those), and four puzzle/platformer repeats! Go Indie Royale!

Spoder will be all over this shit.

[quote name='Detruire']
At
least
it
wasn't
as
annoying
as
it
would
have
been
to
click
all
these
freaking
spoiler
b
u
t
t
n
s
oops
I
think
that
I
missed
a letter
there...
b
u
t
t
o
n
s
You know... I really hate when people do this with spoiler tags.
[/QUOTE]
Sometimes I wish I didn't have OCD.

[quote name='Motoki']This is what I think of when I hear rollbacks

[/QUOTE]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPBsfGb3ASo

[quote name='Idiotekque']Hey, what do you know? One "headliner" indie adventure game (because we all don't have enough of those), and four puzzle/platformer repeats! Go Indie Royale!

Spoder will be all over this shit.[/QUOTE]

Maybe you're thinking of Severose, but I'm not sure if even he bought it, the current bundle is very disappointing.

I've passed on a bunch of indie royale bundles, including the current one.

Oh, and FWIW, Aaaaaa! A reckless disregard for gravity isn't a repeat ;)

[quote name='Corpekata']Man, I knew I was playing fieldrunners wrong, I must've missed the jump button tutorial.[/QUOTE]
You're right, I meant to say repeated Puzzle/Platformer/Tower Defense.

NOW I've summarized 90% of Indie Royale's offerings.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Sometimes I wish I didn't have OCD.[/QUOTE]
It's times like those that we should just use the quote button. ;)

[quote name='spoderman']Oh, and FWIW, Aaaaaa! A reckless disregard for gravity isn't a repeat ;)[/QUOTE]
It's just not a very good game. ;)

[quote name='TheArmoredVirus']add "-nocpubinding" to the launch options. and every hour or so just go to the world menu where you select your cities. thats it. takes all of 10 seconds every hour - hour and a half.[/QUOTE]

gracias, ill give it a shot when playing

[quote name='Idiotekque']I have to say, it looks glorious. I've really gotta finish 3 and install 2.

I only paid $2.80 in the end for Civ V and all the DLC, so I'd probably be in for this for $5-10 seeing as I'm playing this game night and day. Three epic games down (won three different ways), started on another today (although I'm only up to normal difficulty). IT'S A SICKNESS.

Really though, the added diplomacy bits with world agreements and stuff should have been in the game to begin with, as should have religion. I'm pretty sure both of those features were in Civ IV to begin with, so it's stupid to add them later (for $30). I really wish you couldn't stack units in Civ IV, because I'd play it then. That feature makes battles utterly tedious, pointless, and annoying. It ruins the game for me.

I hate their DLC tactics, but I'll keep throwing money at them either way. Throwing nickels, mostly. Those hurt more and are cheaper than quarters.

Hey, what do you know? One "headliner" indie adventure game (because we all don't have enough of those), and four puzzle/platformer repeats! Go Indie Royale!

Spoder will be all over this shit.

Sometimes I wish I didn't have OCD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPBsfGb3ASo[/QUOTE]

civ 5 cmon are u kidding me lol ugh try sleeping dogs right after eac hsale another dlc comes lol

[quote name='Blade']I don't think they could have made this trailer any more annoying. Time for me to add Saints Row 4 to my ignore list, that fucking game.

(give me some creative freedom and imagine each word as being its own separate post, all pimped out in purple and gold and full of hyperbole)[/QUOTE]
But you'll miss out on bitch slapping someone with a battery operated dog chew toy.

[quote name='Detruire']
At
least
it
wasn't
as
annoying
as
it
would
have
been
to
click
all
these
freaking
spoiler
b
u
t
t
n
s
oops
I
think
that
I
missed
a letter
there...
b
u
t
t
o
n
s
You know... I really hate when people do this with spoiler tags.
[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back