The Steam Deal Thread V7 - The soda wars have ended, but the deals rage on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V7! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Since the V6 thread, we've decided to leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Summer sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 5/20

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Eldredpe']Speaking only from personal experience, Bully runs on my PC with literally zero issues.

Clearly that's not the case for anyone else.

Regardless, I only made the comment to squeeze Bully into the conversation.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='tfr']I don't know what are you guys talking about. I finished bully at 1080p @ 60fps without any freeze or ctd.[/QUOTE]
And you guys have summed up Rockstar ports in a nutshell.

Some people install and play them perfectly, no problem. Some people have to try every fix in existence, and still can't as much as launch the game.

I tried installing L.A. Noire awhile ago, and I couldn't even get a crash. It simply wouldn't even launch. I tried literally every single fix (bar reinstalling my OS), with absolutely no change. All the while, some people installed the game and played it all the way through without a hitch.

tl;dr Rockstar ports are utter nonsense.

That's why I have a Wii (non-U). I don't have to worry about my GPU not being compatible with my CPU and the game disks being from a different region or the RAM not being enough GHZ of side cache for a game. It's almost like you need a new computer for every game.

For my Wii (non-U) I just make sure the game says "Wii" on it and the case is white and the game will work with no issues.

[quote name='Idiotekque']And you guys have summed up Rockstar ports in a nutshell.

Some people install and play them perfectly, no problem. Some people have to try every fix in existence, and still can't as much as launch the game.

I tried installing L.A. Noire awhile ago, and I couldn't even get a crash. It simply wouldn't even launch. I tried literally every single fix (bar reinstalling my OS), with absolutely no change. All the while, some people installed the game and played it all the way through without a hitch.

tl;dr Rockstar ports are utter nonsense.[/QUOTE]

I can't get Bioshock to run anymore.

Have tried all the fixes. The process starts, then it gives up.

Just putting that out there.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']That's why I have a Wii (non-U). I don't have to worry about my GPU not being compatible with my CPU and the game disks being from a different region or the RAM not being enough GHZ of side cache for a game. It's almost like you need a new computer for every game.

For my Wii (non-U) I just make sure the game says "Wii" on it and the case is white and the game will work with no issues.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget how you can get Mario.

[quote name='Eldredpe']I can't get Bioshock to run anymore.

Just putting that out there.[/QUOTE]

Bioshock 1, 2, or Infinite?

[quote name='Idiotekque']And you guys have summed up Rockstar ports in a nutshell.

tl;dr Rockstar ports are utter nonsense.[/QUOTE]

I luckily had no major problems w/ LA Noire PC on my current rig, as well.

I did have to switch from DX10 mode to DX9 mode, to fix the framerate, at some later points in the game...
...especially in the sewer mission near the end, as that area would MAJORLY slow-down my framerate.

[quote name='Eldredpe']I can't get Bioshock to run anymore.

Just putting that out there.[/QUOTE]
There's another hit or miss one. I had absolutely no problems whatsoever on that one.

[quote name='MysterD']I luckily had no major problems w/ LA Noire PC on my current rig, as well.

I did have to switch from DX10 mode to DX9 mode, to fix the framerate, at some later points in the game...
...especially in the sewer mission near the end, as that area would MAJORLY slow-down my framerate.
[/QUOTE]
Know what slowed the framerate down even more? Rockstar. #30fpsfail

[quote name='Eldredpe']yes.[/QUOTE]

Did you check the shortcut's properties and....

Run Bioshock 1 into Compatibility Mode for an older OS Bioshock 1 was built really for (i.e. switch to run the game in either Win XP SP2 or SP3 Mode)?
Disable all of the Aero features (check box to Disable Desktop Composition and Disable Visual Themes)?
And put check the box to "Run As Admin?"

[quote name='MysterD']Did you check the shortcut's properties and....

Run Bioshock 1 into Compatibility Mode for an older OS Bioshock 1 was built really for (i.e. switch to run the game in either Win XP SP2 or SP3 Mode)?
Disable all of the Aero features (check box to Disable Desktop Composition and Disable Visual Themes)?
And put check the box to "Run As Admin?"[/QUOTE]

Yes.

I have spent quite a bit of time looking for fixes, and have more or less tried them all.

I was just using it as an example of another non-Rockstar game that can be very finicky.

[quote name='Eldredpe']Yes.

I have spent quite a bit of time looking for fixes, and have more or less tried them all.[/quote]
It's not fair that you can't get it going correctly. :(

I was just using it as an example of another non-Rockstar game that can be very finicky.
Yes, I understand this... :(

[quote name='Eldredpe']I was just using it as an example of another non-Rockstar game that can be very finicky.[/QUOTE]
Although... Take Two = 2K = Rockstar, in a roundabout way. :lol:

Different devs of course, but maybe 2K caught Rockstar's SPD (shitty port disease) when they ported Bioshock...

[quote name='Trakan']Try to keep it on topic, please.[/QUOTE]
Back to beer and soda, you mean?

[quote name='Idiotekque']Although... Take Two = 2K = Rockstar, in a roundabout way. :lol:

Different devs of course, but maybe 2K caught Rockstar's SPD (shitty port disease) when they ported Bioshock...[/quote]
LOL!

Back to beer and soda, you mean?
Well, Torchlight 2 is on sale...and it's certainly worth that ($10).
That game is always worth talking about.

[quote name='MysterD']LOL!

That game is always worth talking about.[/QUOTE]

Torchlight 2 support steam workshop now.

And they just release an update with new monster, items and new pets! (Panda, owl, deer, headcrab and ALPACA!)

[quote name='asheskitty']Here
Green_Light_Bundle.png
[/QUOTE]
Wow, could you imagine the flood on Steamgifts if this would've been real.

For Gingers' eyes only
sugar sweet bittercube can't remember the whole name of it. 5PRML-C02CH-3ZNAC

[quote name='Preedatore']I think I'm regretting not putting Biosharks on hard difficulty. It just seems pretty easy on normal so far.[/QUOTE]
You can adjust the difficulty on the fly, I believe. At least the slider still appears under Options while you're playing.

[quote name='sunasun']Wow, could you imagine the flood on Steamgifts if this would've been real.

For Gingers' eyes only
sugar sweet bittercube can't remember the whole name of it. 5PRML-C02CH-3ZNAC
[/QUOTE]
Son of a bitch, I bet one of those damn brunettes lurked it. They're evil, I tell you.

[quote name='Eldredpe']I disagree, as Bully is a perfectly fine PC port, and that's the only Rockstar game that matters. ;)[/QUOTE]

It ran fine for me back in the day on XP, no tweaks.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Son of a bitch, I bet one of those damn brunettes lurked it. They're evil, I tell you.[/QUOTE]

This!

[quote name='Jon7']Anyone excited for the new Deus Ex sequel? :roll: http://www.deusex.com/humandefiance[/QUOTE]

Hell yeah!

hdinfo3.png

[quote name='dbolt']Dawn of Fantasy: Kingdom Wars is now on Steam. You can use your Desura CD key to activate it on Steam, just remove the dashes.
https://secure.desura.com/cart/cdkeys[/QUOTE]

thx 4 bilesharx

Bully is indeed a marvelous game, but before the latest PC patch, it was an atrocity of an abomination of an outrage. Bike Race 1 ftw (not on the official soundtrack
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqGaevqWh_Q
sadface)

[quote name='MysterD']LOL!

Oh fuck, I got a friend who wants to get in on Torchlight 2. Just messaged him about it :D. I still need to play T2. I had it since launch :lol:.

[quote name='dfg']Hell yeah!

hdinfo3.png
[/QUOTE]

This is a terrible April Fools joke. Such a dick move to tease us with a bunch of 8-bit awesomeness we'll never get to play.

Really looking forward to Zeno Clash 2 but even at the two pack that's kinda expensive. Anyone who wants to share with me maybe some Gamersgate wizardry or a better deal 2-pack should probably PM me if you're short a second man.

I like how they brought back the only attractive human girl from the first and now she's the co-op partner.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Really looking forward to Zeno Clash 2 but even at the two pack that's kinda expensive. Anyone who wants to share with me maybe some Gamersgate wizardry or a better deal 2-pack should probably PM me if you're short a second man.

I like how they brought back the only attractive human girl from the first and now she's the co-op partner.[/QUOTE]

Gamersgate is usually slow to add pre-orders to their site. I've had some success posting on their facebook wall asking when their going to have a game up to pre-order so you might try that.

[quote name='MysterD']Well, Torchlight 2 is on sale...and it's certainly worth that ($10).

Ugh. I just downloaded the demo to check it out, and it won't run; get an "out of memory" error at launch! A bit of googling seems to indicate that this is a known problem the developers haven't finished addressing yet. Well, I guess I know what I won't be purchasing this week...

[quote name='annihilator']Ugh. I just downloaded the demo to check it out, and it won't run; get an "out of memory" error at launch! A bit of googling seems to indicate that this is a known problem the developers haven't finished addressing yet. Well, I guess I know what I won't be purchasing this week...[/QUOTE]

That's sad, it's a great game. I've had no issues myself.

[quote name='annihilator']Ugh. I just downloaded the demo to check it out, and it won't run; get an "out of memory" error at launch! A bit of googling seems to indicate that this is a known problem the developers haven't finished addressing yet. Well, I guess I know what I won't be purchasing this week...[/QUOTE]

Over 30 hours and no issues for me. I've owned it since release.

[quote name='asheskitty']Over 30 hours and no issues for me. I've owned it since release.[/QUOTE]

RE: Torchlight II

To follow up on this, I believe there was around a 800mb patch released recently.

It was mentioned in another thread but Gamefly has a sale on Spec Ops and The Darkness II which includes Steam codes.

http://www.gamefly.co.uk/Download-Sp...undle/5005653/

If anyone is still interested then just go to the Gamefly UK site as noted above and enter the following code at checkout:

GFDAPR20UK

Total should be £2.66 (~ $ 4.03) with £3.33 ($5.03) before the coupon

Hurry up, they still have it in stock!

And can confirm that the Steam codes activate just fine.

The best lead I could find on the issue was this, where the spokesperson for the developers said they were aware of the issue but that it still might be broken in the demo. In my case the game won't even start up though. I get the out of memory error at launch.

[quote name='jshackles']I'm not sure how Valve can continue to list The War Z on their featured page - apparently the company was hacked and took the game servers offline, which they have been over 15 hours now. User names and passwords were compromised, so if there are any players of that game here I suggest you change your passwords if you use the same password on another service.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/04/02/the-war-z-taken-offline-after-hackers-gain-access-to-player-data/[/QUOTE]

The ineptitude, lies, and overall terrible stuff surrounding that game make me wonder how it can continue to sell. Surely most people have seen at least one of the stories by now, right? I've heard it isn't even a very good game. Do they just not care?

[quote name='louiedog']The ineptitude, lies, and overall terrible stuff surrounding that game make me wonder how it can continue to sell. Surely most people have seen at least one of the stories by now, right? I've heard it isn't even a very good game. Do they just not care?[/QUOTE]

I think some people see a screenshot with zombies and instantly hit the "Buy" button. It doesn't help that it's still a "featured" game on Steam.

Today's deal is the Painkiller Complete Pack at 75% off ($12.49)
Painkiller Hell & Damnation - $4.99
Painkiller Overdose - $1.24
Painkiller Redemption - $1.24
Painkiller: Black Edition - $2.49
Painkiller: Recurring Evil - $2.50
Painkiller: REsurrection - $2.49

Midweek Madness

Metro 2033 at 7% off ($13.99) Yes, this is a hilarious typo that will probably be fixed to 75% off ($3.74)
edit: Fixed to 67% off ($4.99). It's been given away bunch of times. I bet there are some codes floating around for it if you look.

Orcs Must Die 2 at 75% off ($3.74)
Complete Pack - $6.24
Complete Pack 2-pack - $9.99
Franchise Pack (both games with all DLC) - $8.74
Original game by itself - $2.49
individual DLC is not on sale

[quote name='Rirse']Metro shouldn't be wasting a midweek madness slot at this point. It daily deal fodder now.[/QUOTE]

All the ex-THQ titles are going through a weird period where their new publishers are trying to sell them at a price that pretends THQ didn't completely devalue those games as they sank into bankruptcy. Probably the right move on their part, I guess. If they don't keep pretending they have value now, then they ensure that they really never will again.

[quote name='louiedog']The ineptitude, lies, and overall terrible stuff surrounding that game make me wonder how it can continue to sell. Surely most people have seen at least one of the stories by now, right? I've heard it isn't even a very good game. Do they just not care?[/QUOTE]

I don't have demographic information but I have a feeling the demo for this game skews extremely young. The type of people who enjoy griefing others out of their paid-for items are generally younger (physically or emotionally) and will put up with terrible gameplay and in-game systems just to piss others off.

Maybe some people buy it just out of curiosity? Any press is good press and all that?

[quote name='Eldredpe']All the ex-THQ titles are going through a weird period where their new publishers are trying to sell them at a price that pretends THQ didn't completely devalue those games as they sank into bankruptcy. Probably the right move on their part, I guess. If they don't keep pretending they have value now, then they ensure that they really never will again.[/QUOTE]

According to this link, you're able to get Metro 2033 for free. Hopefully nobody buys this thinking that $3.74 is a deal.

To explain the War Z you need only to look at just how popular zombies are right now. The Walking Dead TV show is a monster hit and often struggles with being barely competent.

[quote name='annihilator']The best lead I could find on the issue was this, where the spokesperson for the developers said they were aware of the issue but that it still might be broken in the demo. In my case the game won't even start up though. I get the out of memory error at launch.[/QUOTE]

Update: having done exactly nothing except turn off my monitor and take a nap, I awake, hit play, and the demo decides it feels like launching now. Now that I have to go to work and don't have time to play, of course. I guess there must have been an update: Steam says it downloaded something 33.5 mb in size, although the timing seems screwy.

[quote name='jshackles']I'm not sure how Valve can continue to list The War Z on their featured page - apparently the company was hacked and took the game servers offline, which they have been over 15 hours now. User names and passwords were compromised, so if there are any players of that game here I suggest you change your passwords if you use the same password on another service.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/04/02/the-war-z-taken-offline-after-hackers-gain-access-to-player-data/[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jshackles']I think some people see a screenshot with zombies and instantly hit the "Buy" button. It doesn't help that it's still a "featured" game on Steam.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Genocidal']I don't have demographic information but I have a feeling the demo for this game skews extremely young. The type of people who enjoy griefing others out of their paid-for items are generally younger (physically or emotionally) and will put up with terrible gameplay and in-game systems just to piss others off.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='annihilator']Maybe some people buy it just out of curiosity? Any press is good press and all that?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Corpekata']To explain the War Z you need only to look at just how popular zombies are right now. The Walking Dead TV show is a monster hit and often struggles with being barely competent.[/QUOTE]

Zombies!

I do tend to buy anything Zombie related at the right price. I never use any real passwords on most of these game sites so I'm not worried about anything else getting hacked. I do use the same username and I do recall getting a random "someone requested a password on your Origin account" email a few days ago which I have to assume was related.

They are completely incompetent at this company, which is odd just considering the War Inc game they run doesn't seem to have as many issues.

That said, Sony's been hacked as have plenty of other companies with bigger resources so it is what it is.

Yeah, it sucks, but at least no personal information or credit card information is divulged.

I really do think some people just use any excuse to rag on them as a company because of preconceptions. I'd feel pity on them if the guys running it weren't complete a-holes.

The game itself is not great, but decent for what it is, so I hope they get it back online so I can mess with it when I get the itch from time to time.

Edit:
And Walking Dead is a great show. It's not perfect, but it's not super popular just because zombies are, the show itself is good.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Edit:
And Walking Dead is a great show. It's not perfect, but it's not super popular just because zombies are, the show itself is good.[/QUOTE]

Except the ending of Season 3, where you're screaming "JUST fuckING DO IT" the whole episode. Season started off very fast-paced, then resumed the stereotypical slow lumbering of any popular series. And zombies.

(no spoilers, just a generalization to get my point across; don't worry kiddos, I didn't ruin it for you)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back