The Steam Deal Thread V7 - The soda wars have ended, but the deals rage on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V7! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Since the V6 thread, we've decided to leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Summer sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 5/20

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='spoderman']That shift key is over a month and a half old.. doesn't work. That, or I redeemed it ages ago.[/QUOTE]

I'm just the messenger.

ZhZOd10.jpg

[quote name='Flowette']Thanks for this! Been looking at it in the hope it would be a solid game, I'm running out of things to do with Defender's Quest so Prime World could be the next thing.

Or maybe I should play something in my backlog.

*chortle*[/QUOTE]

At least you're making progress through your tower defense games. I've built up a steady backlog of them and I've still only played Defense Grid.

[quote name='louiedog']Here's another SHiFT key for Borderlands 2. 5 Golden keys.

W35JB-XT66C-ZWFBT-3TTT3-H9F6F[/QUOTE]

Damnit louiedog, another bad key!

...Just kidding, that one worked. Thanks.

Today's deal is Heroes of Might and Magic VI at 60% off ($11.99)
Gold Pack (w/ DLC) - $15.99
DLC - $3.99 each
Might and Magic Franchise pack* 69% off - $29.99
Other M&M games 75% off
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic - $2.49
Heroes of Might and Magic V - $2.49
Heroes of Might and Magic V: Hammers of Fate - $4.99
Heroes of Might and Magic V: Tribes of the East - $4.99
Might & Magic Clash of Heroes - $2.49
Clash of Heroes - I Am the Boss DLC - $0.74
The Heroes Pack (M&MV games + Dark Messiah) - $4.99
*VI Gold Pack + The Heroes Pack + Clash of Heroes + DLC is the same content as the Franchise pack, but only $24.21.

Weekend Deal

Tomb Raider 50% off
$24.99 regular
$28.99 Survival Edition
Tomb Raider: The Final Hours - $1.49
No DLC is on sale
Tomb Raider Collection - $34.99
All other Tomb Raider games - $4.99
Guardian of Light is not part of the sale

Last edited by a moderator:
WTF Steam. Step it up.... I mean I guess the collection is a decent deal if you don't have any of them yet. But I got the collection for $12, and TR was $20 this past week, which would be $32 - and that's if you're talking retail.

Note: Guardian of Light is not on sale.

They could have thrown us a bone and put the DLC on sale (and by that I mostly mean the skins, multiplayer whatever who cares about multiplayer)

[quote name='louiedog']Today's deal is Heroes of Might and Magic VI at 60% off ($11.99)
DLC - $3.99 each
Might and Magic Franchise pack 69% off - $29.99
Other M&M games 75% off

Weekend Deal

Tomb Raider 50% off
$24.99 regular
$28.99 Survival Edition
No DLC is on sale
All other Tomb Raider games - $4.99[/QUOTE]

I think M&M 6: Heroes has reached a price where I may pick it up.

[quote name='louiedog']Today's deal is Heroes of Might and Magic VI at 60% off ($11.99)
DLC - $3.99 each
Might and Magic Franchise pack 69% off - $29.99
Other M&M games 75% off

[/QUOTE]

Looks like there is also a Might and Magic Heroes Pack for $4.99 that has HoMM5, its expansions, and Dark Messiah bundled together. Was a good enough deal that I bit on it. Figured I would share for the two other people out there that are interested in these games and don't already have them hanging out in the backlog.

I really enjoyed the Tomb Raider reboot. It does have QTEs, mostly in the beginning. It opens up soon and there's quite a bit of exploration (though sadly very few actual tombs). Combat is also fun, for the first time in the series. It took me about 12 hours to get 100% completion.

Of course, if you want to wait it'll probably be 66% off this summer.

[quote name='garrion81']Looks like there is also a Might and Magic Heroes Pack for $4.99 that has HoMM5, its expansions, and Dark Messiah bundled together. Was a good enough deal that I bit on it. Figured I would share for the two other people out there that are interested in these games and don't already have them hanging out in the backlog.[/QUOTE]

Good catch.

Unfortunately I don't play Steam games anymore. I'm all about the Candy box now.

So you could buy the Might and Magic Heroes pack for $5, the Heroes of Might Magic VI gold pack for $16, and the complete Clash of Heroes for $3.25, for a total price of $24.25 rather than the complete pack at $30??? Seems like enough money to be worth a few extra clicks.

[quote name='asheskitty']Damnit, they don't say if they're vegan or not.[/QUOTE]

The candies? Well I have a lollipop farm now and I'm role playing it as hormone free, free range, and 100% plant fed. Of course I bought a copper sword and used it to murder a bunch of goblins who were minding their own business in what I can only assume is their home. I mean, it is called Mount Goblin. All bets are off.

I can't believe candy box is so addictive.. I blame louiedog for getting me addicted.

BTW, what does throwing candy on the ground do? Nothing? I know that eating candy increases your HP.

[quote name='spoderman']I can't believe candy box is so addictive.. I blame louiedog for getting me addicted.

BTW, what does throwing candy on the ground do? Nothing? I know that eating candy increases your HP.[/QUOTE]

The more you throw on the ground, the sadder the emoticon becomes. I stopped at 80. Maybe something happens with more.

[quote name='louiedog']The more you throw on the ground, the sadder the emoticon becomes. I stopped at 80. Maybe something happens with more.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I noticed that. I got to 500 and stopped.. lol

"You threw 500 candies on the ground...? (;_;)"

[quote name='louiedog']Good catch.

Unfortunately I don't play Steam games anymore. I'm all about the Candy box now.[/QUOTE]

Why am I still clicking this thing!? Ooo, I have another candy!

I really want to pick up Might & Magic Heroes VI at some point, but I seem to keep passing at the 66% off price.

[quote name='Necrotron']Why am I still clicking this thing!? Ooo, I have another candy!

I really want to pick up Might & Magic Heroes VI at some point, but I seem to keep passing at the 66% off price.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='spoderman']Yeah I noticed that. I got to 500 and stopped.. lol

"You threw 500 candies on the ground...? (;_;)"[/QUOTE]

[quote name='louiedog']The more you throw on the ground, the sadder the emoticon becomes. I stopped at 80. Maybe something happens with more.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='louiedog']Good catch.

Unfortunately I don't play Steam games anymore. I'm all about the Candy box now.[/QUOTE]

So this thread has officially degenerated into a James Woods episode of Family Guy now. . . .?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=b5cZHyMqE5g

[quote name='zerox4']Hi i want the heroes pack but i live in europe. European price is almost the double in € than USA $.

Anyone could make me a favour and buy 2 of them for me? I will give him 2 keys for Broken Sword 1&2 and maybe another random key for the favour.

Thanks in advance.

PS: I tried to look for an official post for trading steam games from other regions but i havent found none.[/QUOTE]

It's the same as the thread for group buys and general Steam mayhem (http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10711556#post10711556).

[quote name='warreni']It's the same as the thread for group buys and general Steam mayhem[/QUOTE]

thanks i have posted there and edited my post here :)

May be tomb raider collection will be 66% off this summer.
It's too bad some games in the collection from gamersgate is not steam. :cry:

[quote name='tfr']May be tomb raider collection will be 66% off this summer.
It's too bad some games in the collection from gamersgate is not steam. :cry:[/QUOTE]

It's about $10 in Russia lol. Includes the newest Tomb Raider as well.

Grabbed the HOMMV pack. Too good to pass since I don't own any of the games and didn't played any HOMM game since HOMM 2. Yes, I need to buy the 3 and 4 too :)

[quote name='spoderman']It's about $10 in Russia lol. Includes the newest Tomb Raider as well.[/QUOTE]

But in Soviet Russia, Tomb Raider raids you.

damnit, i shouldve just held off on the GMG deal and waited to buy the tomb raider pack with my steam wallet money instead..oh well, that's what happens when you're impatient with steam

[quote name='tfr']But in Soviet Russia, Tomb Raider raids you.[/QUOTE]

Actually, shirtless Putin is substituted for Lara.

Well since people were talking about Candy Box...can anyone answer this question from the frog, I'm totally stumped:

"Now, just type the answer to
that question and I'll give
you a very special present :
what is the only thing to go
beyond the limits of our
universe ? "

[quote name='spoderman']It's about $10 in Russia lol. Includes the newest Tomb Raider as well.[/QUOTE]

The newest Tomb Raider game is region locked. It's possible that they've extended the region lock to the whole collection. Sometimes they don't bother to do that, but it's something that people should be aware of as a possibility until we have some sort of confirmation either way.

It's probably a moot question though. There aint no Russian CAGs here that I'm aware of.

BTW, New Borderlands 2 Shift code: W35JB-XT66C-ZWFBT-3TTT3-H9F6F
Good for 5 keys.

[quote name='asheskitty'][/QUOTE]

How's the long history look?
Can you predict any awesome upcoming deals?
Is your game backlog getting ridiculously huge, too?

EDIT:
[quote name='tfr']But in Soviet Russia, Tomb Raider raids you.[/QUOTE]
LMAO! :whistle2:X

DLC - $3.99 each
Might and Magic Franchise pack* 69% off - $29.99
Other M&M games 75% off
The Heroes Pack (M&MV games + Dark Messiah) - $4.99
*VI Gold Pack + The Heroes Pack + Clash of Heroes + DLC is the same content as the Franchise pack, but only $24.21.

Weekend Deal

Tomb Raider 50% off
$24.99 regular
$28.99 Survival Edition
No DLC is on sale
Guardian of Light is not part of the sale[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up, Louie. I've been looking to pick up a copy of Clash of Heroes for my brother. For anyone unfamiliar, it's an utterly charming strategy puzzler in SNES-era rpg trappings. I put 30 hours into beating it the past couple weeks, and I can't recommend it highly enough. Best gaming surprise I've had in a while. There's a demo if you want to try it out first; beware though, the demo doesn't support saving as far as I could tell.

[quote name='louiedog']
Weekend Deal

Tomb Raider 50% off
$24.99 regular
$28.99 Survival Edition
No DLC is on sale
Guardian of Light is not part of the sale[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna wait for the TR stuff to drop. 50% off ain't enough.
Plus, got a bunch of Crystal Dynamics developed TR's that I ain't finished (TR: Underworld & Anniversary) or ain't even began (TR: Legend, Lara Croft: GOL).

I'm actually also surprised Amazon DVG doesn't have a Tomb Raider Collection pack w/ all the TR's from Core's TR 1996 up to the new Crystal Dynamics TR 2013 reboot.

[quote name='annihilator']Thanks for the heads up, Louie. I've been looking to pick up a copy of Clash of Heroes for my brother. For anyone unfamiliar, it's an utterly charming strategy puzzler in SNES-era rpg trappings. I put 30 hours into beating it the past couple weeks, and I can't recommend it highly enough. Best gaming surprise I've had in a while. There's a demo if you want to try it out first; beware though, the demo doesn't support saving as far as I could tell.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I was just trying to make a decision on that one.

[quote name='MysterD']I'm actually also surprised Amazon DVG doesn't have a Tomb Raider Collection pack w/ all the TR's from Core's TR 1996 up to the new Crystal Dynamics TR 2013 reboot.[/QUOTE]

I asked Tony about the possibility of them getting the older games for sale. But he's been too busy playing with the Loch Ness Monster over in Iceland to answer my question.

[quote name='The End']I asked Tony about the possibility of them getting the older games for sale. But he's been too busy playing with the Loch Ness Monster over in Iceland to answer my question.[/QUOTE]

I don't know the backstory to this joke. All I know is that you'll never find a Nessie in the zoo.

[quote name='The End']I asked Tony about the possibility of them getting the older games for sale. But he's been too busy playing with the Loch Ness Monster over in Iceland to answer my question.[/QUOTE]

I figured he'd been testing out that World of Darkness MMO... ;)

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Well since people were talking about Candy Box...can anyone answer this question from the frog, I'm totally stumped:

beyond the limits of our
universe ? "[/QUOTE]

Have you tried "no thing"? Or "nothing"?

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Well since people were talking about Candy Box...can anyone answer this question from the frog, I'm totally stumped:

beyond the limits of our
universe ? "[/QUOTE]

It's "The answer"

[quote name='Palinn']Thanks! I was just trying to make a decision on that one.[/QUOTE]

No problem! I'm such a huge fan. It combines old-school simplicity of function with new age mechanics and genre blending. As far as I know, there's nothing else like it, more's the pity. They need to make a sequel!

[quote name='Mac the Geek']Have you tried "no thing"? Or "nothing"?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='spoderman']It's "The answer"[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll try both of these (I don't know why this game is so addicting:whee:). Problem is my browser crashed, and I didn't write my code down. Oh well, guess I'll have to start again:drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back