The Steam Deal Thread V7 - The soda wars have ended, but the deals rage on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V7! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Since the V6 thread, we've decided to leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Summer sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 5/20

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Idiotekque']I just saw a bone axe thingy for Dota 2 that regularly sells for $90. Really?[/QUOTE]
Valve players are fucking nuts. Trust me, the hardcore TF2 players and probably Dota players are that insane.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Hat Fortress 2 has been a moneygrab ever since it went F2P. Hats galore, the store, crates, etc. These cards are just extra fuel for Hat Fortress 2. I have a hardcore friend who plays it and well he tells me Bills hat from LFD 2 fetches a premium if you sell it :lol:. Hat Fortress 2 players are fucking crazy.[/QUOTE]

I had to turn off a store option to keep people from bugging me about Bill's hat. Shit gets crazy!

Well I'm headed to Bellvue in the morning to check out Valve headquarters! I'd like to say I'll take a lot pictures but they would only be of the lobby. :) Maybe I can talk them into upgrading Doom Rails to include trading cards.

[quote name='jshackles']Well I'm headed to Bellvue in the morning to check out Valve headquarters! I'd like to say I'll take a lot pictures but they would only be of the lobby. :) Maybe I can talk them into upgrading Doom Rails to include trading cards.[/QUOTE]

Did you pick which questions to ask?!? Inquiring minds want to know!

[quote name='seamoss']Not to distract you all from playing with your little made-up cards 'n' all but here's a nice bundle of e-books for those interested in video game history (in case you want to see what video games were like before Steam):

http://storybundle.com/

I particularly want the Jordan Mechner books & 250 Indie Games You Must Play but I'm not sure I'm willing to pay $10 to get the bonuses...[/QUOTE]
The Spec Ops books is really good too, I just finished it.

I hope you have a great time jshackles!

Yeah, it's just highlights some of what I loathe about F2P games... the fact that you can easily spend more on them than you would on a AAA game at full MSRP.

[quote name='jshackles']Well I'm headed to Bellvue in the morning to check out Valve headquarters! I'd like to say I'll take a lot pictures but they would only be of the lobby. :) Maybe I can talk them into upgrading Doom Rails to include trading cards.[/QUOTE]
That's awesome, have a good time. Gaben should give you a job for all the great work you do. :applause:

[quote name='asheskitty']I hope you have a great time jshackles!

Yeah, it's just highlights some of what I loathe about F2P games... the fact that you can easily spend more on them than you would on a AAA game at full MSRP.[/QUOTE]
It's a sickness, it's like I will try this game it's free. Then your like I wont spend any money but this game is good. $80 later you realize, fuck. League of Legends was like that for me with their fucking champ sales. Luckily I quit LoL for awhile. (Although I didn't spend $80, more like $50 over the course of a year).

[quote name='sleeping_lights_on']Would you mind reporting here when you find out? I'm interested too.
[/QUOTE]
As long as someone don't beat me to it, sure. ;)
Tony still has yet to reply in that thread on its upcoming cost.

Have a great time, dude! Don't let Gaben eat you.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']That's awesome, have a good time. Gaben should give you a job for all the great work you do. :applause:
[/QUOTE]

We need to start a petition for this to happen. ;) I've submitted my application, but I'm sure they get a hundred thousand of those every day so I doubt it even gets in front of someone.

How about smacking the crap out of the dev to remove the stupid DRM instead? :p

Good luck, man.

So, I get an invite and just start playing the games listed? Do I have to install anything? (Says it's already in my library?) I is so confuzed.

I don't know if anyone cares about this other than me.. Ever17 recently showed up on steamdb.info

http://steamdb.info/app/200090/

I don't recall any other non-indie japanese Visual Novels being added on there (I could be wrong though).. Ever17 is one of my favorites.

[quote name='evophile']LOL out of my 4 possible card drops for HL2, I got 3 Alyx

I also got 2 doubles off of Portal 2. What crappy luck.[/QUOTE]
I got doubles on every game I played. That's how it goes.

I think Alyx is the best HL2 card though (best prices), so nice.

[quote name='Idiotekque']I got doubles on every game I played. That's how it goes.

I think Alyx is the best HL2 card though (best prices), so nice.[/QUOTE]

True. Seems to be going for $1 or so, so shouldn't complain heh. Also I guess getting doubles is Valves way of encouraging trading and using the marketplace.

I sold all the cards I could get (3 for Don't Starve, 4 for Portal 2, 4 for Half-Life 2) for a bit over $11 total. Not too bad, it'll be a nice free game or two.

ok who has dont starve 2 trade (will give like $7.50 worth from amazons sale, ur choice)

Um, no love for Bad Rats or Coconut Queen?

[quote name='earvcunanan']Can't wait for Metal Gear Rising to hit Steam :D

http://www.kjp.konami.jp/gs/hideoblog/

Jut confirmed for PC today.[/QUOTE]
Happy to hear that it's coming to PC but it annoys me when it takes forever for the port. It's not even the waiting to play it, it's I know by the time it comes to PC, the PS3/360 will be $20 somewhere. Then I decide do I support PC or do I buy it cheap on consoles.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Happy to hear that it's coming to PC but it annoys me when it takes forever for the port. It's not even the waiting to play it, it's I know by the time it comes to PC, the PS3/360 will be $20 somewhere. Then I decide do I support PC or do I buy it cheap on consoles.[/QUOTE]

Support it on PC AND buy it cheap on PC during a sale! Win/win

Hopefully Rising on PC is a good sign that Metal Gear Solid 5 will be on PC as well when that comes out.

I'm actually kind of annoyed that I didn't get a single duplicate card. I have virtually nothing to offer for a trade, so I either have to find someone willing enough to just give me a card or I have to buy the ones I need.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Happy to hear that it's coming to PC but it annoys me when it takes forever for the port. It's not even the waiting to play it, it's I know by the time it comes to PC, the PS3/360 will be $20 somewhere. Then I decide do I support PC or do I buy it cheap on consoles.[/QUOTE]

I imagine this is how Wii U owners must feel:lol:

[quote name='Larce80']ok who has dont starve 2 trade (will give like $7.50 worth from amazons sale, ur choice)[/QUOTE]

I've got it. PM me.

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']Duke Nukem 3D is the daily for $4.99. And no, it doesn't stack with the 50% coupon.[/QUOTE]
This is unfortunate, I'll probably hold off on getting it for now since I have the coupon.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']I imagine this is how Wii U owners must feel:lol:[/QUOTE]

What?!? People actually own it? I thought it was like the TurboGrafx 16...

I've known Atari Lynx & Jaguar owners, but some other consoles just don't exist in the real world.

[quote name='asheskitty']What?!? People actually own it? I thought it was like the TurboGrafx 16...

I've known Atari Lynx & Jaguar owners, but some other consoles just don't exist in the real world.[/QUOTE]

I have one friend who is in love with his (really Nintendo in general), and he basically buys everything on it. I asked him if he had play Dues Ex HR yet, and his response "I might get it on Wii U".

Maybe it's the CAG in me, but buying a game for $50-$60 just because it's on a new console when you could get it for $10 with 90% of the same content is just crazy talk:headache:

Wii U is possibly the console I have been least interested in ever. Even the Virtual Boy seemed more innovative at the time. And had its own games.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']I have one friend who is in love with his (really Nintendo in general), and he basically buys everything on it. I asked him if he had play Dues Ex HR yet, and his response "I might get it on Wii U".

Maybe it's the CAG in me, but buying a game for $50-$60 just because it's on a new console when you could get it for $10 with 90% of the same content is just crazy talk:headache:[/QUOTE]

That is crazy talk for sure. Consoles are only really good for exclusives. Even bad PC ports are still usually better than the console version AND cheaper.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']I have one friend who is in love with his (really Nintendo in general), and he basically buys everything on it. I asked him if he had play Dues Ex HR yet, and his response "I might get it on Wii U".

Maybe it's the CAG in me, but buying a game for $50-$60 just because it's on a new console when you could get it for $10 with 90% of the same content is just crazy talk:headache:[/QUOTE]
From what I understand, this one is supposed to be a lot more than just a port. I guess it's supposed to be a director's cut version that streamlines the Missing Link into the main "campaign", and actually reworks the boss fights to be more in line with a traditional Deus Ex experience. (You probably won't be able to talk them down or anything, but there are now ways to deal with them for non-tanky builds)

BUT, that all said, yeah. It's not going to be the ideal package (or rather, package + price combination) for the majority of CAGs. ;P

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']I imagine this is how Wii U owners must feel:lol:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='asheskitty']What?!? People actually own it? I thought it was like the TurboGrafx 16...

I've known Atari Lynx & Jaguar owners, but some other consoles just don't exist in the real world.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Jon7']That is crazy talk for sure. Consoles are only really good for exclusives. Even bad PC ports are still usually better than the console version AND cheaper.[/QUOTE]

How DARE you scoundrels utter the language of console peasants in the STEAM THREAD! You will be punished beyond imagination for such treason!

joffface2.jpg

(PC gaming master race always repays its debts)

[quote name='Woodlands']Dragon's Lair has been Greenlit and is now available at 10% off.

Quick! Someone remind me how much cheaper it'll be during the summer sale so that I don't pay $9 now for a 30 year old game![/QUOTE]

Presumably at least $2.33 cheaper. Possibly $4 cheaper. I wouldn't count on more.

[quote name='Woodlands']Dragon's Lair has been Greenlit and is now available at 10% off.

Quick! Someone remind me how much cheaper it'll be during the summer sale so that I don't pay $9 now for a 30 year old game![/QUOTE]

I can remind you that youtube is free.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']This one is all about nostalgia...I'll buy it at 75% off[/QUOTE]

I actually think I like Elder Pee's idea better.

Those Bluth laserdisc games looked beautiful but they were aggravating as hell. :roll:

[quote name='warreni']I actually think I like Elder Pee's idea better.

Those Bluth laserdisc games looked beautiful but they were aggravating as hell. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, absolutely. I can imagine they'll fool some unsuspecting gamers with the pretty pictures. Boy are those games annoying as hell to play. YouTube will give you practically the full experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back