The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Woodlands']No, I got mine from trading coal during the Winter Achievements in 2011.[/QUOTE]

I got mine DRM-free and it's sitting on my disk drive (and a DVD backup) - suck on that, Gabe!

[quote name='utopianmachine']My Whispered World is gone too. I just started playing it a week or so ago and was thinking of going back to it tonight. Guess not.[/QUOTE]

Well, as you have it installed and steam running, could you go into the game's folder and run the .exe to see if it will start?

We're trying to do some detectiveing here.

[quote name='EarthKing']Just wondering. Is unreal tournament collection worth it? Is anybody online still for the game??[/QUOTE]

Also, does the valve collection go on sale?

[quote name='utopianmachine']http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10770341&postcount=595[/QUOTE]

[quote name='spoderman']http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10770339&postcount=594[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Idiotekque']http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=342391[/QUOTE]

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10767385&postcount=1496

Just asking in here since it's the current weekend deal and to see if there's any interest here for those who don't check the other thread.

[quote name='Jon7']I would have never noticed if you hadn't mentioned it. Yeah, it's vanished from my games list but the store still shows I own it, weird bug.[/QUOTE]

Late to the convo, but same here.

[quote name='seamoss']I got mine DRM-free and it's sitting on my disk drive (and a DVD backup) - suck on that, Gabe![/QUOTE]

I actually own it boxed since Half Price Books had it and it had never gone on sale through Steam at the time, but having it inaccessible through Steam leaves me demanding satisfaction!

[quote name='EarthKing']Also, does the valve collection go on sale?[/QUOTE]

It does go on sale sometimes. Bought it at 30$ish last year from JakeNome. Just be patient.

Whispered World isn't listed on SteamDB anymore. Well, it's listed, but as an unknown app. Last record update was yesterday afternoon, but I don't know if that date is specific to this game, or just when they refreshed their database in general.

http://steamdb.info/app/18490/

Any CAGs playing Dark Souls? I love the game but I haven't done any multiplayer, seems like it may be fun. I've got two characters, one rung the first bell and the second just beat the Taurus Demon, really isn't very far.

PM me. :)

[quote name='sleeping_lights_on']Van Helsing looks pretty cool. I just get a bad taste in my mouth from "Helsing" but I guess its based on Bram Stoker's dracula loosely? which is wicked cool.[/QUOTE]

Played about 3 hours so far and it's pretty cool. But don't fool yourself - it's more like the movie with Hugh Jackman than Bram Stoker.

That being said, it's a competent ARPG but keep in mind there is no "New game+" like most ARPG games have. Once you're done with the story, the only thing you can do is start a new character and play through again, though at a higher difficulty if you'd like. But you can't bring your weapons/armor/stats with you.

Not totally a dealbreaker for me though. The storyline is pretty good and the gameplay is awesome. I hear a playthrough takes about 10 hours or so, which I thought would be well worth the $14 asking price, and so far I'm not disappointed.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Any CAGs playing Dark Souls? I love the game but I haven't done any multiplayer, seems like it may be fun. I've got two characters, one rung the first bell and the second just beat the Taurus Demon, really isn't very far.

PM me. :)[/QUOTE]

I need a DS buddy! Will collar you tonight for a multiplayer session. :)

[quote name='Idiotekque']Any CAGs playing Dark Souls? I love the game but I haven't done any multiplayer, seems like it may be fun. I've got two characters, one rung the first bell and the second just beat the Taurus Demon, really isn't very far.

PM me. :)[/QUOTE]
I'm in the midst of Borderlands 2, so I won't be back to Dark Souls PC soon.

Every now and then I play Dark Souls PC, when I feel like getting my ass constantly handed to me, 90% of the time. ;)
I've made my way to Blighttown.

Good luck battling the Capra Demon!
Mwahahahahaha!

So I tried some Dust: An Elysium Tail today.

Dust is fucking awesome, well the game is until you realize the developer forgot to Beta Test it. The game runs 100% on all 4 core of my core i5 processor, and they are apparently working on a fix for it. :bomb:

Their response is because they used XNA, it is somehow rendering everything on the CPU or most of it. Either way it's an annoying glitch. If they fix it though, I will recommend the game because it's awesome as hell.

Assassin's Creed 3 is cheapest in the UK by the looks of things, at £13.99. That's ~$21.

If you're after it, look for a UK CAG.

[quote name='Flowette']I need a DS buddy! Will collar you tonight for a multiplayer session. :)[/QUOTE]
But you're never around. Dang time zones. >.>

[quote name='MysterD']I'm in the midst of Borderlands 2, so I won't be back to Dark Souls PC soon.

Every now and then I play Dark Souls PC, when I feel like getting my ass constantly handed to me, 90% of the time. ;)
I've made my way to Blighttown.

Good luck battling the Capra Demon!
Mwahahahahaha![/QUOTE]
I beat him like... 3rd or 4th try, lol. Skipping through the Valley of Drakes to get to Blighttown doesn't count anyways, you've gotta beat the Capra Demon, get the key to the Depths, get through the Depths, kill the Gaping Dragon to get the key to Blighttown, THEN I'll nod in your general direction. ;)

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']So I tried some Dust: An Elysium Tail today.

Dust is fucking awesome, well the game is until you realize the developer forgot to Beta Test it. The game runs 100% on all 4 core of my core i5 processor, and they are apparently working on a fix for it. :bomb:

Their response is because they used XNA, it is somehow rendering everything on the CPU or most of it. Either way it's an annoying glitch. If they fix it though, I will recommend the game because it's awesome as hell.[/QUOTE]
Weird, Doom & Destiny was made with XNA and I never noticed it taxing my CPU like that. Then again, it looked like an RPG Maker game, so maybe it didn't have much to render.

[quote name='Idiotekque']But you're never around. Dang time zones. >.>

I beat him like... 3rd or 4th try, lol. Skipping through the Valley of Drakes to get to Blighttown doesn't count anyways, you've gotta beat the Capra Demon, get the key to the Depths, get through the Depths, kill the Gaping Dragon to get the key to Blighttown, THEN I'll nod in your general direction. ;)[/quote]
Bosses, in order, that I've fought:
Taurus; Butterfly; Capra; Gaping Dragon.

[quote name='MysterD']Bosses, in order, that I've fought:
Taurus; Butterfly; Capra; Gaping Dragon.[/QUOTE]
No Belltower Gargoyles?

I saw the Butterfly (I think) and launched some arrows up at it, but I think it was too far away. Is it in the Darkroot Garden?

[quote name='Idiotekque']

Weird, Doom & Destiny was made with XNA and I never noticed it taxing my CPU like that. Then again, it looked like an RPG Maker game, so maybe it didn't have much to render.[/QUOTE]

Dust is really beautiful for a 2D game (everything is hand drawn) so yeah I would imagine there is a lot to render on that end. I am thinking it's partially the guys fault and partially microsoft. Then again since basically one guy programmed the whole game, I can give it a pass.

Now the most amazing part of this game. It's published by Microsoft but it doesn't use GFWL :D.

[quote name='Idiotekque']I saw the Butterfly (I think) and launched some arrows up at it, but I think it was too far away. Is it in the Darkroot Garden?[/QUOTE]

yes

The best thing about Dust for me is how devoted Dean Dodrill, the sole creator, was to the project. He used to work for Epic Games and was the cinematic animator on Jazz Jackrabbit 2, working alongside Cliffy B. Then he went solo and entered Elysian Tail in the 2009 Dream.Build.Play challenge and came in first. That prototype version was freeware and might still be over on Megazell's topic. Then he spent the next three years drawing all of the panels by hand, coding the game, writing the story, and co-writing all of the music. So when you drink the game in thinking it's a high budget title, you're really just tasting the sweet mind nectar of one dude working from home.

And he plans on making more beautiful games like this in the future. Here's his Twitter.

[quote name='Blade']So when you drink the game in thinking it's a high budget title, you're really just tasting the sweet mind nectar of one dude working from home.
[/QUOTE]

And it took him the better part of a decade to do it.

On one hand everything about his production of Dust is undeniably impressive.

On the other hand, he probably could have kept the same kind of creative control and quality if he'd hired a few contacts he had from his time in the industry to do a little of the work with him past its first showings in competitions.

I'm sure it would have shaved a few years off development and doubt the game would be of any lower quality.

[quote name='Eldredpe']And it took him the better part of a decade to do it.[/QUOTE]

For serious? That seems a tad lengthy.

I've been impressed with the game. Combat has been smooth, and the first boss battle was challenging. It looks like the game encourages you to go back to previous areas to access previously-inaccessible areas, but not sure if I'll end up doing that. I usually just wanna get to the end and have little patience for replaying areas.

[quote name='Eldredpe']And it took him the better part of a decade to do it.

On one hand everything about his production of Dust is undeniably impressive.

On the other hand, he probably could have kept the same kind of creative control and quality if he'd hired a few contacts he had from his time in the industry to do a little of the work with him past its first showings in competitions.

I'm sure it would have shaved a few years off development and doubt the game would be of any lower quality.[/QUOTE]

It took 17 years for The Fellowship of the Ring to be written and published. He made the whole game alone, which in itself is more commendable than hiring other developers for his studio. He gets all the profits, too. You can Captain Hindsight it, but the game is still excellent the way he did it and we can't speculate on how it would be if he had done it another way. I think it's inspiring that someone made such a game alone, not giving up on the vision he had, so why put a negative spin on it? True, it doesn't exactly bode well for any of his future games, but some indie developers have 10-man teams and still take years to develop anything.

Stolen from the Groupees thread. Y'all mighta wanna know.

[quote name='spoderman']Sherlock bundle is up, starts tomorrow (in about 7 hours).

https://groupees.com/sherlock

Video says there's 7 games, but only 6 were mentioned so far:

Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet
Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened Remastered Edition
Sherlock Holmes Nemesis
Sherlock Holmes and The Hound of the Baskervilles
Sherlock Holmes: The Case of the Silver Earring
Dracula: Origin[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Blade']It took 17 years for The Fellowship of the Ring to be written and published. He made the whole game alone, which in itself is more commendable than hiring other developers for his studio. He gets all the profits, too. You can Captain Hindsight it, but the game is still excellent the way he did it and we can't speculate on how it would be if he had done it another way. I think it's inspiring that someone made such a game alone, not giving up on the vision he had, so why put a negative spin on it? True, it doesn't exactly bode well for any of his future games, but some indie developers have 10-man teams and still take years to develop anything.[/QUOTE]
I am a software developer and well I can tell you that yeah outside help might make things go faster, but that doesn't mean it will be the same product. Even if he had a team of 2-3 other designers/developers, they might have wanted to add/change stuff that wasn't part of the original design (sometimes it's for the worse). This guy made it his life's passion to make this, and I can understand why he wanted to do it himself. Sometimes people have such an attention to detail (not that it is a bad thing, but it's more of a OCD thing, lol), that they just need complete control.

What I like about this is the guy seems like a generally decent guy, because yes he made it by himself, but he isn't some attention whore like Phil Fish.

[quote name='Idiotekque']No Belltower Gargoyles?[/quote]
Nope, ain't fought them.

I saw the Butterfly (I think) and launched some arrows up at it, but I think it was too far away. Is it in the Darkroot Garden?
Yup. That's the boss of that area.

[quote name='asheskitty']yes[/QUOTE]
Moonlight Butterfly and Gaping Dragon are some of the easier bosses I've battle.
Have you been to Blighttown?

[quote name='MysterD']Moonlight Butterfly and Gaping Dragon are some of the easier bosses I've battle.
[/QUOTE]

Gaping Dragon was so intimidating looking and then it was such a pushover fight, he was very disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back