The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
some summer sale wish lists since i see people making them Im being realistic

Anno 2070 Complete 15.00-20.00

Borderlands 2 complete for 25.00

Titan quest gold for 10.00

Bioshock infinity 25 ish

Sarcasm

Secret world 13.99

Vampire bloodline 18.99 

/Sarcasm

@Ashes

Just think of this good news for you, for now - I still ain't beat your 100M+ score on Sorcerer's Lair table (in Pinball FX2)...YET.
^_^ I guess I'll just have to beat my own score then. ^_~ I'll pretty sure I'll be playing it on and off (I love short play session games). I'm definitely keeping an eye out for more tables on the steam sale. I'm playing with controller and (preferably) vertical monitor, (and View mode 1,1w,or 2 (I forget, static view). I'm curious how you're playing.

Edit: And if you haven't seen midnight, well, there's a whole different experience.

Bioshock infinity 25 ish

Sarcasm

Secret world 13.99

Vampire bloodline 18.99

/Sarcasm
TQ: Gold has been $5 before, I think.

Vampire: Bloodlines has been $5 before.

I'd love to see TSW at $10 or less - but, I'm probably dreaming here.

We'll probably never see that TSW for $5.xx deal GMG once had (back when the game had subs). :(

Not unless it goes completely F2P.

Dishonored really turned me off when I got to a point while sneaking up a set of stairs where two guards would spawn right behind you. I tested it out by clearing out every guard in the area and walked up the stairs one at a time. As soon as I crossed about half way, guard spawn. What's the point of giving multiple paths if you are going to put cheap spawns into the stealth areas.

@Ashes

Just think of this good news for you, for now - I still ain't beat your 100M+ score on Sorcerer's Lair table (in Pinball FX2)...YET.
^_^ I guess I'll just have to beat my own score then. ^_~ I'll pretty sure I'll be playing it on and off (I love short play session games). I'm definitely keeping an eye out for more tables on the steam sale. I'm playing with controller and (preferably) vertical monitor, (and View mode 1,1w,or 2 (I forget, static view). I'm curious how you're playing.
I play w/ X360 controller.

My monitor = HP 2311x (widescreen, 1080p).

and I normally use View-mode 5 (the one that follows the ball).

Yes, I'm certainly hoping for some nice table-DLC sales on Pinball FX2.

Who knows if it'll happen, though!

I expect to play Sorcerer's Lair on and off - as like you, I think I need a game like this, for short play sessions.

Especially since I keep bashing my head over and over here in Dark Souls: PTD - I'm STILL stuck in Sen's Fortress.

And maybe, I'll get good enough to even get in the range of your 100M score. Though, some of the 1,000M+ overall leaderscores for Sorcerer's Lair are crazy. :p

Bioshock infinity 25 ish

Sarcasm

Secret world 13.99

Vampire bloodline 18.99

/Sarcasm
You might want to check about using the enhanced steam extension. It is a great tool for checking the historical low price of games. If you don't want to use ES, you could check out one of the sites in Ashe's sig. A couple of those games you listed have been cheaper than what you're hoping for in this coming SS.

Sidenote: Big thank you to Severose for helping me with my comp issues. I can now play AAA titles with out experiencing a seizure.

I was just setting my sights high ive seen some cheaper yes but with the total disappointment with sales lately i was trying not to be to disappointed.

@Ashes

I play w/ X360 controller.

My monitor = HP 2311x (widescreen, 1080p).

and I normally use View-mode 5 (the one that follows the ball).

Yes, I'm certainly hoping for some nice table-DLC sales on Pinball FX2.

Who knows if it'll happen, though!

I expect to play Sorcerer's Lair on and off - as like you, I think I need a game like this, for short play sessions.

Especially since I keep bashing my head over and over here in Dark Souls: PTD - I'm STILL stuck in Sen's Fortress.

And maybe, I'll get good enough to even get in the range of your 100M score. Though, some of the 1,000M+ overall leaderscores for Sorcerer's Lair are crazy. :p
I'd suggest trying to play in the 1w view. I'm just not a fan of the moving camera... then again, I'm a bit of a retrogrouch... I miss the standing, The feel of the glass and chrome on my hand. The feel of those arcade buttons. The sound of the solenoids switching. ...and my head not following the ball so darn close. (also, no need to tweak with AA settings ;))

^_^ I like the controller implementation, I'm using R1/R2 (RB/LB) on my DS3 (I really should remap LS & RS in BetterDS3 to get the tilt stick on my right thumb... can't do that in the in-game settings... though trying to remap the SixAxis bit to that seems even more interesting). I feel their rumble implementation adds nicely to the experience.

Scores go up pretty exponentially due to multipliers and such... later on I was hitting 1M/hit. Also note that you can start off with with 1.3M by doing a Skill Shot (launch the ball lazily, hit the first switch but don't pass through the one-way door... you get a 300K Skill Shot off the bat. Then the ball gets auto-launched into the vertial U and rolls down your right flipper. If you can hit one of the targets on the upper left in one motion, there's a 1M Super Skill Shot (and harder than the Skill Shot), but always feels nice to get off to a good start, be it 300K or 1.3M.)

@Ashes Thanks for the suggestion of Better DS3 since I always hated the callback "feature" in MotioninJoy. The other benefit is Pinball FX2 plays a lot better with the DS3 controller for bumping compared to the Xbox controller (at least for me). Am still terrible at pinball though since I never know when to bump properly.

I don't even care about the Summer Sale this year. This time last year I put 1k in my Steam Wallet - this year i put $50 in. GMG, Amazon, and especially bundles make it pointless to shop directly with Valve. I have a feeling that, this year, Valve will emphasize silly things like cards in place of actual sales. 

I'm not all that excited about the Summer Sale either. Simply because I already own a big chunk of the games that they're gonna feature. And for the games that I don't own, most of them are either bundle fodder, or are likely to end up cheaper on amazon or GMG or Gamersgate.

I'm probably gonna concentrate my efforts on weird things that will never go on sale anywhere else and are too low profile to make it into an indie bundle. And even with this restriction, I'm probably gonna try and get JakeNome to help me with some of that. Which means that I might be hard pressed to spend the $50 in steam card money that I've amassed over the past month.

@Ashes Thanks for the suggestion of Better DS3 since I always hated the callback "feature" in MotioninJoy. The other benefit is Pinball FX2 plays a lot better with the DS3 controller for bumping compared to the Xbox controller (at least for me). Am still terrible at pinball though since I never know when to bump properly.
I don't have a good feel/integration for bumping. I think I lacked enough strength to properly smack pinball tables around. And well, when I tried it tended to draw unwanted attention (gingers' gone wild).

^_^ I'm glad Better DS3 is working better for you! (I also prefer the interface of Better DS3 too... remapping seems nicer... and putting it in DirectInput emulation is clearly labeled.)

I don't even care about the Summer Sale this year. This time last year I put 1k in my Steam Wallet - this year i put $50 in. GMG, Amazon, and especially bundles make it pointless to shop directly with Valve. I have a feeling that, this year, Valve will emphasize silly things like cards in place of actual sales.
I totally agree. But the Steam Sale still has the DLC advantage since other stores don't carry all the DLC and tend to discount the DLC less often. (Imo, DLC is a major advantage of having the steam version of a game.) Also steam has a large catalog with some oddities and gems that don't get any attention so the best time/place to pick them up is on the general discount during the steam sale.

If I'm looking for a game to do some co-op on the pc with, should I be considering that Mount and Blade pack?  It goes on sale like every 2 weeks and I always pass on it.  Thanks in advance for any rec's, sorry if this kind of question isn't acceptable here.

Only way I could spend $1,000 on Steam is if I just started buying dozens of games and handing them out to people. Last night I went through the entire Steam catalog and (excluding stuff I feel will eventually be in indie bundles or are currently preorder/early access games that won't get discounts) I spotted maybe ten things I'd be interested in buying given the right discount.

If I'm looking for a game to do some co-op on the pc with, should I be considering that Mount and Blade pack? It goes on sale like every 2 weeks and I always pass on it. Thanks in advance for any rec's, sorry if this kind of question isn't acceptable here.
Thing to know about Mount & Blade is Warband is the only worthwhile purchase (well, maybe Napoleonic wars, too, if you like 19th century gunfire combat). Warband has everything vanilla M&B has plus some editions/updated mechanics. Fire & Sword is extremely underwhelming and wasn't done by the original developers. I got it for $2.50 once and regretted it. It just doesn't feel like M&B not because of the firearms (although that's a major difference) but it's more designed as a 'campaign' than a sandbox and it's extremely half assed.

As far as co-op, it's not really a co-op game. It's large scale multiplayer (although it's perfectly playable as single player sandbox and that's what I do) battles. So, if that would interest you then go for it. But I'd only get Warband.

Only way I could spend $1,000 on Steam is if I just buying dozens of games and handing them out to people. Last night I went through the entire Steam catalog and (excluding stuff I feel will eventually be in indie bundles or are currently preorder/early access games that won't get discounts) I spotted maybe ten things I'd be interested in buying given the right discount.
Out of curiosity, what's your game count on steam?

Only way I could spend $1,000 on Steam is if I just buying dozens of games and handing them out to people. Last night I went through the entire Steam catalog and (excluding stuff I feel will eventually be in indie bundles or are currently preorder/early access games that won't get discounts) I spotted maybe ten things I'd be interested in buying given the right discount.
Out of curiosity, what's your game count on steam?
Mooby's gamecount is 285.

I'm stalking him.

Yep I'm pretty selective.  I've even passed on $1-2 bundles where I admitted to myself I have little to no interest in the games.  I've yet to buy a single Indie Royale and skipped the last couple of Galas.  Granted the pull of caaaaaaaaards was swaying me to buy some of these just for the caaaaaaaaaards but now bundle game card probably don't sell for more than a quarter with foils going for maybe two or three bucks.  In the end you're just trading 'real' currency for maybe a dollar more in GabeN bux and that isn't really worth it when I already have more than what I'll probably spend this sale.

Yep I'm pretty selective. I've even passed on $1-2 bundles where I admitted to myself I have little to no interest in the games. I've yet to buy a single Indie Royale and skipped the last couple of Galas. Granted the pull of caaaaaaaaards was swaying me to buy some of these just for the caaaaaaaaaards but now bundle game card probably don't sell for more than a quarter with foils going for maybe two or three bucks. In the end you're just trading 'real' currency for maybe a dollar more in GabeN bux and that isn't really worth it when I already have more than what I'll probably spend this sale.
I think I was the only one who didn't like Royale's at all, even Gala's are not that good. The only bundles I almost always buy are the HiB's, the rest need to do better. I like your game buying philosophy mooby.

It's not that I have anything against the Royales it's just that they never managed to have more than two games out of the five or so that I actually wanted/didn't already own.  At that price (since I'm rarely able to jump on them within the first thirty minutes) it's no different than buying games individually on Steam or Amazon or whatever.  Galas are hit or miss for me.  They tend to be lower tier publishers looking to push a bunch of their games that flopped/have been forgotten.  Paradox stuff I tend to like, the other random junk not so much.

If I'm looking for a game to do some co-op on the pc with, should I be considering that Mount and Blade pack? It goes on sale like every 2 weeks and I always pass on it. Thanks in advance for any rec's, sorry if this kind of question isn't acceptable here.
Thing to know about Mount & Blade is Warband is the only worthwhile purchase (well, maybe Napoleonic wars, too, if you like 19th century gunfire combat). Warband has everything vanilla M&B has plus some editions/updated mechanics. Fire & Sword is extremely underwhelming and wasn't done by the original developers. I got it for $2.50 once and regretted it. It just doesn't feel like M&B not because of the firearms (although that's a major difference) but it's more designed as a 'campaign' than a sandbox and it's extremely half assed.

As far as co-op, it's not really a co-op game. It's large scale multiplayer (although it's perfectly playable as single player sandbox and that's what I do) battles. So, if that would interest you then go for it. But I'd only get Warband.
I have Warband (amazing game) and a couple months ago I bought Napoleonic wars. NW is great too, but there are more people playing Warband. I don't know if these are good "coop" games, but I had a blast playing online against (and with) unknown people.

That beign said, I enjoyed more War of the roses on MP, because that is the game's main focus. M&B is more SP oriented, with a TON of content, even without mods

BTW, I am the only one who hasn't craft any game badge? I sold almost every card I had.

Only reason I crafted a badge (TF2) was because I needed it to get to level 10 -- obviously that was before they removed the level requirement for foils and boosted everyone's level with the collector badge.

BTW, I am the only one who hasn't craft any game badge? I sold almost every card I had.
I crafted 2 badges, one was when you needed to be level 10 to get foils.. I didn't expect them to remove the requirement so I bought the cheapest cards available (TF2), and I crafted an Offspring Fling badge for the hell of it, cuz I had an extra HB key so I activated it on an alternate account, sold any dupe cards, bought any I didn't have for the same price I sold the dupes and basically ended up with a free badge.

Only reason I crafted a badge (TF2) was because I needed it to get to level 10 -- obviously that was before they removed the level requirement for foils and boosted everyone's level with the collector badge.

I crafted 2 badges, one was when you needed to be level 10 to get foils.. I didn't expect them to remove the requirement so I bought the cheapest cards available (TF2), and I crafted an Offspring Fling badge for the hell of it, cuz I had an extra HB key so I activated it on an alternate account, sold any dupe cards, bought any I didn't have for the same price I sold the dupes and basically ended up with a free badge.
I only knew about the level requeriment when they removed the restriction xD

Is there a post or something out there somewhere on this site or another that talks about what you need to do to craft badges? The FAQ from what I saw just says that's something you can do but no details on how.

Sorry if its a stupid question but I've just used Steam to play games before all this card stuff started to make news. Thanks.

Are you in the Steam Trading Card Beta?  (You'd know if you are.)  Sorry, if it seems like a stupid question, but 50% of people *are* below average.

@MysteryD...

Did it again... the target I mentioned for the SuperSkillshot is the left tower (rotates when you hit it).

Also hit the table info... you need to hit a special area (upper left paddle) to collect an extra ball when you get it.

I haven't crafted any either. Sold all my cards except for Offspring Fling and Magicka. I haven't even bothered to idle for Brutal Legend yet. Figured at 20 cents a pop I might as well save these cards till next week in case they become worth anything once the summer sale starts.

amazon and GMG were having better sales last year too tho

Incidentally, just beat FTL again on my very next playthrough! Used a different ship, and this time it wasn't even very difficult.  I'm definitely getting the hang of it.

I think it might be worth getting more excited about whatever Tony and GMG are cooking up to compete with Valve. Competition is good.

I'd suggest trying to play in the 1w view. I'm just not a fan of the moving camera... then again, I'm a bit of a retrogrouch... I miss the standing, The feel of the glass and chrome on my hand. The feel of those arcade buttons. The sound of the solenoids switching. ...and my head not following the ball so darn close. (also, no need to tweak with AA settings ;))

^_^ I like the controller implementation, I'm using R1/R2 (RB/LB) on my DS3 (I really should remap LS & RS in BetterDS3 to get the tilt stick on my right thumb... can't do that in the in-game settings... though trying to remap the SixAxis bit to that seems even more interesting). I feel their rumble implementation adds nicely to the experience.

Scores go up pretty exponentially due to multipliers and such... later on I was hitting 1M/hit. Also note that you can start off with with 1.3M by doing a Skill Shot (launch the ball lazily, hit the first switch but don't pass through the one-way door... you get a 300K Skill Shot off the bat. Then the ball gets auto-launched into the vertial U and rolls down your right flipper. If you can hit one of the targets on the upper left in one motion, there's a 1M Super Skill Shot (and harder than the Skill Shot), but always feels nice to get off to a good start, be it 300K or 1.3M.)
Oh, yeah - I miss the old actual pinball machines, too. Ahhh, the good old days at the arcades....

Yeah, I like the rumble effects on the controller, as well - I'm using X360 controller, though. Definitely helps to try to give a little bit of that arcade pinball feel.

Thanks for the advice on the multipliers & scoring. :D

@MysteryD...

Did it again... the target I mentioned for the SuperSkillshot is the left tower (rotates when you hit it).

Also hit the table info... you need to hit a special area (upper left paddle) to collect an extra ball when you get it.
Thanks for the info.

Be prepared to lose your top 100M score. :p

I think it might be worth getting more excited about whatever Tony and GMG are cooking up to compete with Valve. Competition is good.
But I don't have $40 in Amazon or GMG money. Sure, Amazon or GMG will probably have better prices with coupons and all that, but when I've got this much credit I hardly spent anything to earn, I'm willing to overlook that fact. I don't really care that I'll end up spending a couple dollars more.

Only thing is - Amazon DVG doesn't sell Zenimax/Bethesda products (Dishonored + DLC's; Skyrim + DLC's; other Elder Scrolls games; etc). And I'm sure there's some other games on Steam (like Jade Empire) that Amazon DVG don't carry.

So, I'm always interested in what Amazon DVG, Steam, Gamersgate, GMG, and any of the PC digital competitors do. More competition, the better.

Incidentally, just beat FTL again on my very next playthrough! Used a different ship, and this time it wasn't even very difficult. I'm definitely getting the hang of it.
now do it on normal :twoguns:
Haha, I plan to, but I want to beat it with all the ships I have on Easy first. And I want to unlock the Mantis ship so I can practice boarding techniques.

Only thing is - Amazon DVG doesn't sell Zenimax/Bethesda products (Dishonored + DLC's; Skyrim + DLC's; other Elder Scrolls games; etc). And I'm sure there's some other games on Steam (like Jade Empire) that Amazon DVG don't carry.
So, I'm always interested in what Amazon DVG, Steam, Gamersgate, GMG, and any of the PC digital competitors do. More competition, the better.
Maybe the big surprise will be that they pick up some new publishers. Wasn't Tony in talks with Bethesda back when?

I've crafted several badges (roughly 50% of all badges I've been eligible for) and it's not cost me any actual money so far.

There are many reasons why I crafted cards, chief amongst them being that I like pointless stuff, but most importantly I can do this in Steam chat and look cool:

:eek:oh:

Totally worth it.

Not that anyone really cares, but Go Home Dinosaurs is pretty awesome.
agreed, most fun I've had with a tower defense game since Plants Vs Zombies :bouncy: Very happy I picked it up with some card cash, and the cards are still in the $0.50 range so I got most of it back ;)
I'm with you. I'm not big on tower defense, and the last game of similar type I enjoyed was also Plants vs Zombies. My husband and I played that game bigtime when it first came to 360, and we each beat it. I think I recall PvZ2 is supposed to be coming out this summer.

Not that anyone really cares, but Go Home Dinosaurs is pretty awesome.
agreed, most fun I've had with a tower defense game since Plants Vs Zombies :bouncy: Very happy I picked it up with some card cash, and the cards are still in the $0.50 range so I got most of it back ;)
I'm with you. I'm not big on tower defense, and the last game of similar type I enjoyed was also Plants vs Zombies. My husband and I played that game bigtime when it first came to 360, and we each beat it. I think I recall PvZ2 is supposed to be coming out this summer.
Only on iOS :(

Only on iOS :(
we still get this though :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back