The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Well shit 1-2 hours of sleep per night is taking its toll
Aren't babies the best?

Edit: @Ashes - shouldn't everyone have a 60hz tv by now? My tv is almost 4 years old and it's 240hz. Heck, the free tv I got when I bought my living room set is even 120hz and that was also 4 years ago.

Now if only Valve would remove Afterfall Insanity from Steam, so the devs would fix that. It's been broken since release.
Really? I've already played a few hours (win7, 64-bit) and had no problems other than the game pretty much sucking.

Actually I do kinda remember hearing it wouldn't start for some people, but trust me, it's doing y'all a favor.

X3 is to celebrate its Linux release and Grotesque Tactics seem to be a random deal. There was no mention of a weekly sale on the blog like there usually is.
It wouldn't be the first time that there wasn't a blog entry to go along with the week's deals. They're both deals that last a week (July 1st - July 8th), regardless of the marketing reasons behind the sale, and both store pages say "WEEK LONG DEAL!". Endless Space was on sale this weekend to celbrate its Disharmony release but we still refer to it as weekend sale because it started on Thursday and ended on Monday.

In general, Steam does a poor job of promoting its Weekly deals. There's no reason they shouldn't have a spot on the front page alongside the Daily/Midweek/Weekend Deals, instead of buried in the specials tab and/or the blog.

Ah, well, that IS quite different.
It's a Diablo Clone in the spore universe. It's not a horrible game but it's one of those games that makes you realize I should be playing Torchlight 2, Path of Exile or Diablo 2.

Speaking of Diablo Clones, I should get back into Borderlands 2 at some point...

Edit: @Ashes - shouldn't everyone have a 60hz tv by now? My tv is almost 4 years old and it's 240hz. Heck, the free tv I got when I bought my living room set is even 120hz and that was also 4 years ago.
My newest/last TV was a 1993 13" TV/VCR combo (29.97 Hz)... I never bothered getting a digital converter box for it after the government took my (analog) TV away. I don't have a TV anymore.

Ubisoft was hacked apparently, so If anyone has a Uplay account, you should probably change your password. They say no financial information was stolen at least, but who knows if they're telling the truth.

My newest/last TV was a 1993 13" TV/VCR combo (29.97 Hz)... I never bothered getting a digital converter box for it after the government took my (analog) TV away. I don't have a TV anymore.
Whoa, you're dating yourself there kitty. ;P Mine was a 54" Panasonic Viera 600Hz 1080p 3D plasma. It won't last very long, but hopefully there'll be integrated/holograms when it goes kaput.

Anyone interested in Baldur's Gate should definitely pick it up at this price.  It's been removed from several other online merchants due to legal issues. 

I'm surprised it's still available on Steam - and even more surprised it's on sale!

Man!  Between the exceptional Xbox Live sales and these awesome Steam Midweek Madness deals, my wallet is going to take a beating!

Hmm... not sure I can justify throwing $5 @ BGEE, I already own the anthology...

Whoa, you're dating yourself there kitty. ;P Mine was a 54" Panasonic Viera 600Hz 1080p 3D plasma. It won't last very long, but hopefully there'll be integrated/holograms when it goes kaput.
>.> I even got it as a free discard/hand-me-down. (I didn't have a TV at the time...) Also 54" is way too big for me.

And what's the big deal with TVs anyway... so 20th century... Are you some sorta so-outdated-it's-cool hipster?

wow this is one of those rare days that I bought both midweek madness deals. I've been waiting on Dust since before it came to PC. I probably wont play Baldur, but I wanted it in my library. 

Shameless plug:

I'm selling Dust for $6.50 & Baldur for $4.50

Kinetic Void for $8, but I don't think anyone wants that.

>.> I even got it as a free discard/hand-me-down. (I didn't have a TV at the time...) Also 54" is way too big for me.

And what's the big deal with TVs anyway... so 20th century... Are you some sorta so-outdated-it's-cool hipster?
I use it for my Beowulf cluster of used MVS consoles. You've probably never heard of them. ;)

Hmm... not sure I can justify throwing $5 @ BGEE, I already own the anthology...
I still have my original BE disc and the GOG version.

From what I've read it isn't worth buying if you already own the game. They basically implemented some mods, fixed a few things (that I think user patches fix too), and added a tiny bit of content.

All the excitement about a possible Steam Sale has turned the topic from what I know is really on everyone's minds:

Caaaarrdddzzz!!!  :whee: 

I wonder if they're going to add a new batch this week and if it will be on Wednesday once more?

Ubisoft was hacked apparently, so If anyone has a Uplay account, you should probably change your password. They say no financial information was stolen at least, but who knows if they're telling the truth.
Ubisoft seems to get hacked a lot, they should spend some of that money they make on better security. At any rate it just turns me off from buying their games anymore. But I do think I will grab Baldurs gate since it has been disappearing from some sites, and Dust. Thank you steam trading card money.

Grabbed Baldur's and paid full price for Edge of Space, I need distractions today so I don't flip out over flying tomorrow.

do'h I bought Baldur's Gate from Amazon during the mayhem sale and now steam has it for cheaper, I haven't even played it yet (sitting in the ol' backlog)... oh well, at least I only spent $6.79 on it so a $1.80 savings in not gonna kill me

Well no Summer Sale this week.
I'm probably the only one hoping the summer sale doesn't start this week, I spent a ton on NIN concert tickets over the weekend and spent what little $$ that left over on PSN cards. I'd hate to miss the first few days of the sale.

I've never played Baldur's Gate before and at $5 it seems like a pretty good deal. Do you guys think it'll get any lower during the steam summer sale? $5 seems low already. 

I've never played Baldur's Gate before and at $5 it seems like a pretty good deal. Do you guys think it'll get any lower during the steam summer sale? $5 seems low already.
at 75% off already and a high probability it will be removed from steam after this sale, no I don't think there is much of any chance it will go lower.

I still have my original BE disc and the GOG version.

From what I've read it isn't worth buying if you already own the game. They basically implemented some mods, fixed a few things (that I think user patches fix too), and added a tiny bit of content.
I've heard this a lot. Thanks.

GOG's guide to modding BG

From http://kotaku.com/5963893/baldurs-gate-enhanced-edition-everything-you-should-know

Wait a minute. I remember playing Baldur's Gate with some crazy mods a few years ago that did similar things. Is there anything you can do here that you can't do with mods?

Probably not. The new content designed by the folks behind Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition will be exclusive to this game, but a lot of the interface changes and BG2 enhancements can be patched into a standard version of Baldur's Gate with a number of free mods.
From http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/75251-baldurs-gate/64923323

The only truly new things in the EE are three new companions and a rather sucky fight arena. The Black Pits was advertised as being a new adventure sidequest that would be over six hours long. In reality, its not a sidequest at all, but rather a fight arena where you fight 15 different fights and that's it. It took me less than two hours to get through it. Remember the Battle Squares from Icewind Dale 2? That's basically what it is.

The rest of the "enhancements" are all fan-made mods that are available for free.

Basically these mods:

Tutu mod
widescreen mod
1pp mod

Use those mods and you basically can make your own EE.

All the excitement about a possible Steam Sale has turned the topic from what I know is really on everyone's minds:

Caaaarrdddzzz!!! :whee:

I wonder if they're going to add a new batch this week and if it will be on Wednesday once more?
Cards are so like 15 min ago.

Ubisoft seems to get hacked a lot, they should spend some of that money they make on better security. At any rate it just turns me off from buying their games anymore. But I do think I will grab Baldurs gate since it has been disappearing from some sites, and Dust. Thank you steam trading card money.
Meh, I've only spent $3.97 at the Uplay store in total. All of that during their four days of $1 games last August, including Driver: SF. Totally worth it.

I don't know if it will get lower, it will likely hit the same price point though. But given the legal issues surronding the game I figured its better to bite while it's still around. But on the other hand if your going to toss it on the back end of your backlog and not play it to who knows might be worth gambling on waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back