The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never played Baldur's Gate before and at $5 it seems like a pretty good deal. Do you guys think it'll get any lower during the steam summer sale? $5 seems low already.
It might be lower on GOG, but it won't get any lower on Steam. It's a great D&D game, although having played it just a little while ago I have to say that it's slow-paced compared to a lot of current RPGs. It came out in 1998.

It might be lower on GOG, but it won't get any lower on Steam. It's a great D&D game, although having played it just a little while ago I have to say that it's slow-paced compared to a lot of current RPGs. It came out in 1998.
Yep. If you like turn-based, isometric party RPGs, this is the grandfather of them all.

Anyone interested in Baldur's Gate should definitely pick it up at this price. It's been removed from several other online merchants due to legal issues.

I'm surprised it's still available on Steam - and even more surprised it's on sale!
Baldur's can continue to sell on amazon and steam because the publisher is Atari on those sites. Its the Beamdog published sites that are getting pulled.

Aren't babies the best?

Edit: @Ashes - shouldn't everyone have a 60hz tv by now? My tv is almost 4 years old and it's 240hz. Heck, the free tv I got when I bought my living room set is even 120hz and that was also 4 years ago.

27" Zenith -- Believe It

Liq__tv_s_-Park_P__002.jpg

Ha, random thought... with BGEE being yanked...

It would make sense to have a Humble BGEE Weekly.

#NoPennyLeftBehind

Beaten to the punch and that's all I drink.

Really? I've already played a few hours (win7, 64-bit) and had no problems other than the game pretty much sucking.

Actually I do kinda remember hearing it wouldn't start for some people, but trust me, it's doing y'all a favor.
Won't start for most people with Windows 7 64-bit without disabling in-game movies. No idea how you got it running with no problems, it's an extremely common issue though.

I wonder how many times you guys will allow yourselves to be trolled by Valve with the summer sale.  lol.  I enjoy watching the build up and let down. 

Any news on cards for this week? Are they still dropping on Tuesdays and Thursdays now that the beta is over?

How many Gabe Slaves benefit from predictably announced card additions?

It seems like a staggered release would allow more people with other interests to get in early.

Stealth Bastard Deluxe just got a 5MB update.

That's the size card updates have been in the past.

Then again, so did Zombie Driver HD at about the same time. I don't have a clue what that means.
Might just be another unrelated update. The Stealth Bastard devs have patched a lot of small things when issues were brought up in their Steam forums.

I have a NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M 3GB graphics with Optimus on a Dell (yes, yes, I know...) XPS 17 laptop that I bought in December 2011 (hi NSA!).

I played through Batman: Arkham Asylum on it in January 2012 without a hitch.  It remained on hard drive since then but I haven't put any time into it since last summer.

This week I decided to do another play through, but the game is a little sluggish.  Once I got to Bane it was completely unplayable.  I discovered that it was the PhysX engine causing the problem, and the game returns to normal speed when I shut it off.

Any idea what might have changed to make the game run differently now? Sure, it's easy enough shut PhysX off, but I like the effects that it adds and it is peculiar that it ran fine a year ago.

Defender's Quest is 75% off ($3.74) on the dev's site through the Humble Store. DRM-free and Steam. The game has trading cards.

link

I have one of those it's 5 months old.
Am I the only one who is seriously worried for that child's safety?

X3 is to celebrate its Linux release and Grotesque Tactics seem to be a random deal. There was no mention of a weekly sale on the blog like there usually is.
Random... or a good indication that Holy Avatar & the Maidens of the Dead is close to getting greenlit...

Also, to anyone considering grabbing BGEE, it's pointless. The original version is far superior once modded, which allows it to be played using BG2's more advanced engine, adds cut content back into the game, and a slew of other upgrades. There are a myriad of complaints about BGEE and lack of support from the developer (slow updates, tons of issues, etc), while the modded original version is a near flawless product, is cheaper, and... you probably already have it.

But yeah, BGEE is the inferior version and it's more expensive. If you're super anal about having EVERYTHING on Steam, have at it, but the original is the better version.

Does anyone know what today's Half-Life 2: Episode 1 & 2 updates are all about? If this is those stupid language updates that hit Half-Life 2 earlier I'll be upset. Restarting Steam didn't make them go away either......    .....    ...

nooooooooooooo.gif

This is a longshot but I would like to see Final Fantasy VII on Steam for the Summer Sale, I've never played it and I want to do so.

Any idea when they will ever release it?

I've bought loads of games on Nuuvem. The Steam keys are always ROW or something similar, so it's not really gray market. You don't even have to lie about your address... they accept PayPal with a US address no problem.

The only time I've not been able to buy something was with an Origin game. When adding it to my cart, it said "this product is not available in your region".

Honestly, Nuuvem is totally legit and safe to buy from.

I've bought loads of games on Nuuvem. The Steam keys are always ROW or something similar, so it's not really gray market. You don't even have to lie about your address... they accept PayPal with a US address no problem.

The only time I've not been able to buy something was with an Origin game. When adding it to my cart, it said "this product is not available in your region".

Honestly, Nuuvem is totally legit and safe to buy from.
No one said Nuuvem isn't legit, it's just gray market if you buy anything from there without living in South America, they don't have the rights to sell outside of there, and it's against their terms of use if you buy anything without living there.

No one said Nuuvem isn't legit, it's just gray market if you buy anything from there without living in South America, they don't have the rights to sell outside of there, and it's against their terms of use if you buy anything without living there.
Spoderman is 2 legit 2 quit

Yeah Nuuvem is totally legit (in fact, their pricing is included by default in Enhanced Steam) just thought I would point out that technically you're not supposed to buy from them if you're not in Brazil.

It's the same way with Amazon - tons of users outside of the US buy from Amazon digital games (see the Amazon thread) although their terms and conditions forbid it.

Boy, do I feel like a horse's patoot!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sO94xn-C6o[/youtube]

Carry on...

I raise you one Saigon whore. Now I just need an ACE on the van down by the river.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3eUlgppsrk[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3BcIm5d6Pk[/youtube]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back