The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V8 ~ Summer Sale Encore Day! | Rage $4.99 | Retro City Rampage $2.99 | Crysis $5.99 | Endless Space $10.19 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
It had to be done, welcome aboard the new thread, Steam Deal Thread V8!

You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Disclaimer: Because of the ridiculous number of games on sale and the speed at which sales change, it is likely I will not be able to catch everything . Be sure to check the update time for the OP, and visit the Specials Tab to see all current sales. If you see something not listed in the OP, please feel free to PM me and I will see that it is added. Thanks, enjoy the sale  :D

Before you buy anything be sure to check out both BigSpoonyBard's Super Tips for Steam Sale Newbies (and Vets) and jshackle's Enhanced Steam Extension/Plugin for Chrome/Opera/Firefox!

Steam Summer Sale

Flash Deals

[*]Retro City Rampage - $14.99 $3.00
[*]Endless Space Gold - $34.99 $11.89[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Total War Grand Master Collection - $164.99 $41.24[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rome: Total War - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Empire: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Napoleon: Total War - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Total War: SHOGUN 2 - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai - $29.99 $7.49

[*]Viking: Battle for Asgard - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Total War Battles: SHOGUN - $4.99 $1.24
[*]SHOGUN 2: Rise of the Samurai Campaign - $9.99 $2.49[/customspoiler]

Expired

Community Choice

• Rage - $19.99 $4.99
Expired 

[*]​Round 2

[*]​Round 3

[*]​Rounds 4

[*]Round 5

[*]​Round 6

[*]​Round 7

[*]Round 8

[*]Round 9​

[*]Round 10

[*]Round 11

[*]​Round 12

[*]Round 13

[*]Round 14

[*]Round 15

[*]Round 16

[*]Round 17

[*]Round 18

[*]Round 19

[*]Round 20

[*]Round 21

[*]​Round 22

[*]Round 23

[*]Round 24

[*]​Round 25

[*]​Round 26

[*]​Round 27

[*]Round 28

[*]Round 29

[*]Round 30

[*]​Round 31

[*]Round 32

​​

Daily Deals

[*]Borderlands 2 - $39.99 $10.19 (4-Pack - $89.99 $30.59)[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Bioshock - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock 2 - $19.99 $4.99
[*]Bioshock Infinite - $59.99 $29.99
[*]Torchlight - $14.99 $3.73
[*]Torchlight 2 - $19.99 $4.99 (4-Pack - $59.99 $14.99)
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization - $19.99 $4.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $17.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]The Walking Dead - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $13.79
[*]Dishonored - $29.99 $10.19[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Skyrim: Legendary Edition - $59.99 $36.00[customspoiler='Contents']

Yesterday's Deals

[*]Natural Selection 2 - $24.99 $6.24
[*]Worms Collection - $89.99 $22.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Worms Revolution - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $14.99 $3.74

[*]Starforge (Alpha) - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike Complete - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed Pack - $169.95 $57.78[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Assassin's Creed III - $39.99 $23.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 $3.39
[*]Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $9.99 $3.39
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.99 $7.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $2.23
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $1.24
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $3.74
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $3.74[customspoiler='Contents']

Expired

Persistent Deals

(if you notice a daily/flash sale in here by mistake, please let me know)

-75% or More

-50% to -74%

[*]The Political Machine 2012 - $3.99 $0.99 (4-Pack - $9.99 $2.49)[/customspoiler]

[*]Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity - $19.99 $6.79
[*]The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition - $19.99 $9.99
[*]The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Dead Space - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Dead Space 2 - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Hitman: Blood Money - $8.99 $4.49
[*]Hitman: Codename 47 - $6.99 $3.39
[*]Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package - $29.99 $14.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $29.99 $14.99
[*]The Cave - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Hits Collection - $29.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Sonic 3 and Knuckles - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic 3D Blast - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Adventure 2 - $9.99 $4.99

[*]Sonic Adventure DX - $8.99 $4.47
[*]Sonic CD - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic Spinball - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Sonic Generations - $14.99 $7.49

[*]Mirror's Edge - $19.99 $9.99
[*]McPixel - $4.99 $0.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
[*]Euro Truck Simulator - $8.99 $4.49
[*]FTL - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Cart Life - $4.99 $1.99
[*]To The Moon - $9.99 $2.99
[*]VVVVVV - $4.99 $2.49
[*]Kerbal Space Program - $22.99 $20.69
[*]Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition - $49.99 $24.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Need for Speed: Undercover - $9.99 $4.99
[*]Need for Speed: Shift - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Shift 2: Unleashed - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Magical Diary - $14.99 $5.24
[*]Super House of Dead Ninjas - $6.99 $2.37
[*]The Blackwell Legacy - $4.99 $1.99
[*]Jack Lumber - $7.49 $2.24
[*]Anna - Extended Edition - $9.99 $3.39
[*]The Bridge - $14.99 $7.49
[*]Alice: Madness Returns - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Payday The Heist - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Counter-Strike - $9.99 $2.49
[*]The Orange Box - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Half-Life Complete - $39.99 $19.99[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]Rockstar Hits Collection - $89.97 $44.98[customspoiler='Contents']

[*]LA Noire - $19.99 $9.99
[*]Max Payne 3 - $39.99 $19.99[/customspoiler]

[*]Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.69
[*]The Binding of Isaac - $4.99 $2.49[customspoiler='Contents']

All Current Specials

Preorder Deals - Updated 24/6

• The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="Free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition"]
    Digital poster (printable) 
  • Papercraft mask of The Raven (printable)
  • “Making of” booklet 
  • Story book (plenty of background info and artworks)
  • Soundtrack[/customspoiler]

[*]Europa Universalis IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="The 100 Years War Unit Pack DLC"]
  • This DLC adds new, unique unit models to the belligerent nations of the
    100 Years War. Included are 11 infantry models for the warring nations,
    including England, France, Scotland, Burgundy and many more! [/customspoiler]

[*]Saints Row IV - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler="3 Exclusive Team Fortress 2 Weapon Costumes"]
  • Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV: The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher, only with Pre-Purchases on Steam! [/customspoiler]

[*]Rise of the Triad - Pre-Purchase now and receive: [customspoiler='The Apogee Throwback Pack']
  • The Apogee Throwback Pack is a collection of four classic Apogee
    Software titles all in one kick ass package. Blast your way across the
    galaxy as British Special Agent Blake Stone in "Aliens of Gold" and
    "Planet Strike", then take on an ancient evil menace as the H.U.N.T in
    "Rise of the Triad".[/customspoiler]

[*]Divinity: Dragon Commander - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler='Immediate access to the Divinity: Dragon Commander beta']
  • As an extra bonus, you will also receive a free upgrade to Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Edition.
  • The Imperial Edition includes a golden dragon skin, a Dragons On Earth
    campaign map, a digital soundtrack by award winning genius Kirill
    Pokrovsky, and behind the scenes information like concept art,
    classified design documents, confidential decision tree flowcharts and a
    unique documentary.[/customspoiler]

[*]Total War: Rome II - Pre-Purchase and receive: [customspoiler="The Greek States Culture Pack"]
  • The Greek States Culture Pack includes three new playable Factions for use in Single or Multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles. These factions are the diplomatic Athens, shrewd Epirus and formidable Sparta as playable factions. Each offers range of special tactics to achieve cultural and martial victories, and lethal elite units to crush foes in battle.
  • The Greek States also share a number of common goals, philosophies and general diplomatic aims. However, they are defined by their fierce independence and between them demonstrate a huge variety in approach to civil and military challenges that often brings them into conflict with the wider world, and each other.
  • Plus, Pre-Purchase and receive the Greek Hellenic Armor for The Pyro & Egyptian Cheetah set for The Scout in TF2. More to come!  [/customspoiler]

Indie Bundle Threads

Groupees
Indie Gala
Indie Royale
Humble Bundle

IndieGameStand

Free Stuff

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
I second this question. game sounds great but without the appeal of block building and uncomplete features it could also suck.
Reading the Steam forums, seems there's a lot of unhappy people. Might just be best to wait until the game is fully released instead of dealing with all the alpha problems.

Reading the Steam forums, seems there's a lot of unhappy people. Might just be best to wait until the game is fully released instead of dealing with all the alpha problems.
Yeah, I think I agree here.

Also, for Omerta, you can play against the KKK... which is pretty unique and cool... at least I saw that somewhere...

SR3 what MysterD said.

I like the game a lot, so I have a few pieces of cosmetic DLC (particularly the kitty-car).

Done. I have no horse in this race.

$1.25 cheaper... If you're asking that I don't see why you're set on picking up both SSI and SSZ.
Figures you'd like the Kitty car. :p

I have so far managed to avoid spending anything but wallet money since the card beta began.  I'm starting to run out, though.  Time to sell a bunch more cards.

Strike Suit Zero has a pretty nice campaign. If you've played either of the Homeworld games (I played about 75% of the way through the first, bought the second but never got around to it back in the day), it feels like you're playing as a single over-powered unit in that game. A lot of it comes down to similar music, but ship designs and functions are familiar too.

The story isn't as focused as, say, an adventure game, but it's good for an action game.

I enjoyed SSZ a lot more than SSI. Got a good 8 hours out of the SSZ campaign on my first run, and I'm still going back every now and then trying to improve my scores to see the good ending.

Ha ha, these deals you guys! Can't keep my wallet closed! Steam's taking all my money! Ha ha! Ha ha! Ha ha! Just bought Prison Architect! A banner game during the sale is always a good deal!
Yeah.. at this point I mostly just look through the indie games that I overlooked in the last year and get those while they're at $2.50 or so.

This is a good thread to find those.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=621131

I bought quite a few from this thread and there are some really good recommendations for games under $3-5.

My last thing I'm waiting for is a gunpoint sale.

Ha ha, these deals you guys! Can't keep my wallet closed! Steam's taking all my money! Ha ha! Ha ha! Ha ha! Just bought Prison Architect! A banner game during the sale is always a good deal!

Are you mocking us with cliches? Yes. Do I have any extra fucks to give? No.

Yeah.. at this point I mostly just look through the indie games that I overlooked in the last year and get those while they're at $2.50 or so.

This is a good thread to find those.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=621131

I bought quite a few from this thread and there are some really good recommendations for games under $3-5.

My last thing I'm waiting for is a gunpoint sale.

What about bundles doe!? If you have to, half that can be had for half dollars at the haggling hangout.

Vote Just Cause 2, ya its always on sale, but its a better choice than other 2; plus a reminder, Just Cause 2 Multiplayer is having a beta this weekend (already started!)

there was no discount
We were never promised a discount...

we were promised to get the unit before retail (many people didn't, I only got mine one week prior)
Ya, I got mine pretty late too, but at least a few weeks before retail. Most people that got theirs late were overseas, to my knowledge, and besides, they got WAAAAYYYY more than planned to deal with. When I saw how many backers, I knew to expect delays.

we got technically worse units (retail units have better controllers for example
True, because we were backers/investors. In reality, all we did was invest in the company, and they rewarded us with a early model console. Kickstarter is not a store. Also, the controller issue was resolved pretty early on, and OUYA team offered replacements (of course this required effort to make inquires).

Unfortunately, since I am adamantly against piracy (for myself, don't worry I'm not preaching) and I have little desire for couch co-op, the main draws of the Ouya are wasted on me, regardless of how well the firmware performs.
Its great to be anti-piracy, but piracy is NOT a main draw of the OUYA. Emulation is not piracy, however realistically, I'll agree that's what it gets used for, but that still does not mean piracy is a main draw.

I also had many justified doubts about how much the firmware updates could really fix, as seen in retail copies still having controller input lag (depending on the game), problems consistently syncing with PS3 controllers, etc.
I actually noticed significant improvement in each firmware update; and personally have yet to experience any significant lag from my controller.

And I still stand by the notion that developers for the most part are going to have trouble making money selling their games on the Ouya.
I would be stupid not to agree, but the main pull for developing on the OUYA is less about money, and more about freedom of developing, no matter the size or financial backing of developer.

Overall though, I'm not convinced in the long-term viability of this console, and having been soured by the management's nonchalant, "cover our ears" brand of ignoring tough questions from KS backers and reporters, I decided to jump ship when I could still sell the unit without incurring a financial hit.
I'd agree, I'm not sure about the console lasting either, but it doesn't help when people give up on it so early on.

I'm going against the grain here in the "which is better?" discussion. I played (or tried to) play the Arma II Dayz mod 3 separate occasions. One of them was even with a couple friends. What happened was the majority of the time, you're just wandering trying to figure out what is going on. Whether that means searching for a weapon, or trying to figure out where each other are so you can meet up. What's more likely to happen though is to stumble upon a zombie (or more), and end up running...and running...and running from them. Then, more people started joining the server, and began threatening to kill anyone who wasn't "with them". Nice. I found a lighthouse, but while exploring it, I clipped through the railing at the top and fell to my death (no, I didn't press the jump key).

Between that, how spastic the zombies are, various troubles with the servers, etc. I thought "even if WarZ is bad...if it's just bad in different ways, it could be more enjoyable". So, I wagered the $3.74 on that (as did a few of my friends), and we started playing that game instead. The game is a little annoying upon first start up due to various license agreements and updates, but considering what you have to get through to get DayZ running, it still doesn't seem as bad by comparison. Once in the game, however, things immediately feel more cohesive. To be fair, part of it is just the difference between a full release game and a mod. The menus are cleaner, more concise, and easier to use. And deciding on/joining a server with friends is hassle free. Servers are numbered and load without issue. This was a welcomed change.

The gameplay is also more cohesive. The map is easier to read, it's easier to figure out where you should go, and scavenging items is easier as well. The zombies also don't seem to be as sensitive to sound, which makes it easier to avoid them...which is critical when you don't have much on you. You do spawn with a flashlight, bandages, a bag of chips, and a soda though...which seems fair. Finding other items is just a matter of finding some broken down cars or vacant buildings. I have seen a few weird graphical glitches so far...you can get suck in a lunging position, where you kind of just slide on top of the ground (but switching between 1st and 3rd person fixes this). Also be careful when climbing mountains because apparently, you can get stuck in them.

But it's not like DayZ isn't without issues either though. All things considered, I had a much better time in my 2.5 hours in WarZ than I did in DayZ. It just felt like a more complete thought and was much easier to get into. I'm sure DayZ gets better. But considering most of our time in it was spent trying to find each other, it just felt like a complete drag. And since the experience is even harder playing solo, I wasn't seeing a huge upside there. WarZ might not be the best game ever, but we found (and lost each other) numerous times, found supplies, avoided zombies, and stored some loot in the vault by the end of the night. It might not be a popular opinion, but from my experience, that makes for a better game.
You have a good take on it overall, and I'd agree its not unplayable. The game really isn't the worst thing on the planet like Big Rigs or some crap, but it has alot of problems that are quite annoying. First off is that it exits your game if you fail quick joining a server, thats just idiotic. Then there are the various other crashes, such as the one I got from simply typing into the chat box. Then there are the players, alot of which are like those you described in DayZ, but these seem to be more shoot first and fuck ya who cares later. Also, there is the whole in game purchases of items that makes if feel like it should be a Free-To-Play game...I paid for it, no way should I be expected to pay more for extra crap in order to get an edge over someone. I could go on, but at the end of the day, I would agree with you still that it's at least something to play.

switching between 1st and 3rd person
HOLD UP, there is first person view?!??!

Indie bundles have seriously ruined (saved?) me. I would be all over these deals if I wasn't afraid of them being in bundles later. Chivalry at $4.68 or Worms Revolution at $2.81 sounds amazing, but by the time I would actually play either of them chances are they could be in a bundle for even less.

I've waited I don't know how long for this sale to get Skyrim DLC and am less than thrilled by the price.  Seeing as it probably won't be lower than this anytime soon I might as well get it for the discount on offer (I don't want to wait any longer).  The question for me is should I get it before the timer expires or chance the final sale day? (not because I think it will go lower, just because I could lump it with other stuff in one transaction)  Thoughts anyone?

You have a good take on it overall, and I'd agree its not unplayable. The game really isn't the worst thing on the planet like Big Rigs or some crap, but it has alot of problems that are quite annoying. First off is that it exits your game if you fail quick joining a server, thats just idiotic. Then there are the various other crashes, such as the one I got from simply typing into the chat box. Then there are the players, alot of which are like those you described in DayZ, but these seem to be more shoot first and fuck ya who cares later. Also, there is the whole in game purchases of items that makes if feel like it should be a Free-To-Play game...I paid for it, no way should I be expected to pay more for extra crap in order to get an edge over someone. I could go on, but at the end of the day, I would agree with you still that it's at least something to play.

HOLD UP, there is first person view?!??!
Yeah, like I said. I'm sure the game has a fair amount of problems. But when the main game you're comparing it to has quite a few as well, it somewhat feels like a moot point. My buddy and I did have one pretty cool experience last night. We happened upon a bunch of broken down cars in the road with tons of supplies strewn all about. As we were collecting them, two other players approached from another direction. One asked if we were friendly. We just didn't say anything, and instead of pushing their luck, they just kept moving, not trying to take anything. And for a video game, that was pretty cool. Since weapons are scarce, you can't just assume everyone is armed...but you can't assume that they're not either. It creates a very interesting dichotomy.

Once another friend joined and we had a group of three, I made the observation that people would probably just leave us alone because of us being in a group. It's interesting how the situation starts to reflect real life in that way. If you're just one person wandering the game by yourself, it's probably far more likely that someone (or a group) is going to screw with you. It's also worth noting that you can create groups with people once you've joined a server, which will then allow you to see where your friends are on the map..and even see their player indicator on-screen if you're trying to find them. Again, a feature that feels like the difference between a complete game and a mod.

You can also create clans with friends...but you have to have accumulated 20 hours in the game first. I haven't read anything on it, but our hope is that once we make a clan, it will allow us to spawn near each other, rather than having to track each other down. Even if that's not possible, at least having the player indicators makes a big difference. As for the microtransactions, yeah, I really don't like that either. I just pretend they don't exist, haha.

And yeah, you can switch between 1st and 3rd person view. You could do that in DayZ also though. I can't remember what key it is to switch your view. I used Xpadder to map my 360 controller right away, so I didn't really learn the keyboard commands (I guess that's another difference between the games. Dayz...well, really, Arma II has native controller support. WarZ does not). It's listed in the options though.

Wow, I didn't expect my post to be dismantled line by line like that... I wasn't looking for an argument (arguing on an internet forum...), so I guess I'll just drop it here :)  No point going on and on about Ouya in this thread.

At this point I'm just waiting for Amazon to PM rogue legacy to use GOONCAVE on it, since I highly doubt tomorrow's rehash will include it.  Is it just me or has Tony scaled back his responses in CAG lately?  It's been hard to get PMs (the only game I wanted PM'ed earlier was Gunslinger, which I asked for twice... they missed it though)

As for cards... generally I've just been idling to get cards, but now that most cards have lost so much value, I try to at least play the game to see if it's any fun while I earn a card or two.  Previously this didn't work so well for me, as I could not get past 15 minutes of Terraria while waiting for card drops... I must be playing it wrong, because I was bored out of my mind.  Thankfully, today I tried out Sonic All Star Racing Transformed for the first time.  As other people have stated, this game is incredible!  I love all the homages to long-forgotten Sega Franchises.  I'm only at the beginning but I couldn't help but grin as I raced through Panzer Dragoon and Samba de Amigo tracks...  Great game!

edit: Thanks for the Indie neogaf thread.  Good to see some of my favorites there that others don't seem to be talking about much (hello, Cart Life and Everyday Shooter) but I had no idea Chivalry was considered "indie."  How is that game?  Worth $4.50 from a 4 pack?

sidenote: I just tried playing Papo & Yo... I cannot for the life of me get my Xbox360 wireless controller to work with it.  I've had absolutely no problem with any other Steam game yet... anyone else have this issue?

If Don't Starve comes back on sale, I highly recommend picking it up. I just played a couple games of it and had a blast. The game drops you in a randomly generated world with nothing. The fin is in exploring and figuring out how to build what you need to survive.

y u wer ugly hat

It's hard to say the exact price you should price it at.. I think anywhere from $5-8 is fine though. I have no idea how long that $9 card has been sitting there.
The $9 card was just listed about an hour ago.
Price the card a few cents less than the next guy if you wanna sell it quicker... Don't set your price at $20 (it'll likely NEVER sell at that price), and don't undercut by more than a few cents. 50 cent undercuts and higher just murder the value of foils, especially when said foils are 1. fairly scarce, and 2. not selling very well. There's way too much time in between sales for the new horribly undercut price (like $5 from $9) to get undercut themselves, sometimes by $1+, and then all of the sudden the foil went from being worth $9 to $2. Whee!

(You don't have to listen to my advice, either, but I've bought and sold 5+ foils for around $25 profit so far, so I've had a lot of firsthand experience with the foil market. It's a delicate game.)

. Again, a feature that feels like the difference between a complete game and a mod.
I think DayZ was built around the concept of having to find your way around by having to distinguish your location via landmarks even when you have a map, so something like indicators on a mini map wouldn't really have place in something like this.

I'm really biting my lip over PAYDAY's Wolf Pack DLC. I've been patiently waiting for it to hit 75% off (I purchased it from a fellow CAG about 3 days after it was on sale :headache:) so I can feel as though I can fully commit myself to the game. I really hope it drops tomorrow, or I'm probably going to find someone with a 10% discount and buy it. I'm tired of waiting; I've saved just enough money to afford it and then I am broke, broke, broke. It doesn't help that $4 is in my Steam wallet, so I can't shop elsewhere.

I still stand by my "review" of the sale (prompted by CheapLikeAFox a few dozens of pages back), but the last three days have been disappointing simply because of the number of recaps. I don't remember this being a problem in past sales: sure, there were some repeats (which were great for those who missed it the first time), but we're getting thirds, fourths and daily sales where at least half of the games were already featured.

In retrospect, I wish I had gotten the Strike Suit bundle instead of just getting the key for SSI and picked up the Sonic Bundle on Amazon. As far as everything else I had on my wishlist goes: I'm happy I held out for better discounts (Bioshock Infinite Season Pass, Mars War Logs, Gunpoint, Van Helsing, Shadowrun, FFVII, Runner2, DmC: Virgil's Downfall, and Rogue Legacy).

So, excluding Payday DLC, here's my Summer between Amazon, Steam, Nuuvem and indie bundles/keys:
AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! + DLC
Alan Wake's American Nightmare
Amanita Bundle (Botanicula, Machinarium +OST, Samorost2)
Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Anomaly: Warzone Earth

A.R.E.S.
Assassin's Creed Revelations - Gold Edition
Bard's Tale
Ben There, Dan That
Bionic Commando Rearmed
Blocks That Matter
Borderlands 2 Creature Slaughterdome DLC
Borderlands 2 Psycho Pack
Castle Crashers + DLC
Chaos on Deponia
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
CS:GO

Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition
Death to Spies: Moment of Truth
Defense Grid DLC
DmC Devil May Cry + Weapon Bundle DLC

Deponia
Devil May Cry 3 and 4 Bundle
Don't Starve
Drakensang: Phileasson's Secret
Dungeons of Dredmor CotW
Dust: An Elysian Tail
Edna and Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes

Eets
Endless Space + Disharmony
Far Cry 3 - Blood Dragon

F.E.A.R. 2 - Reborn DLC
Frozen Synapse: Red DLC

FTL Faster Than Light
Garry's Mod
GRID
Guns of Icarus Online
Hard Reset: Extended Edition
Hitman: Absolution DLC
Killing Floor Bundle
Lost Planet Colonies

Mafia II Betrayal of Jimmy DLC
Magicka - a few missing DLC
Maw, The DLC
Max Payne
Max Payne 3 + Season Pass
McPixel
Monaco
Nation Red
Natural Selection 2

NightSky
Oddworld: Munch's Oddysey
Offspring Fling
Overlord Complete Pack
Poker Night 2
Primordia
RAGE DLC

Really Big Sky
Ridge Racer Unbounded Bundle
Risen 2

Rochard + DLC
Saints Row 2
Sanctum 2 Season Pass
Scribblenauts Unlimited

Shank
Skyrim DLC
Sleeping Dogs - The Year of the Snake DLC
Sniper Elite V2 + DLC
Space Pirates and Zombies (SPAZ)
Stealth Bastard Deluxe
Stellar Impact + DLC
Strike Suit Infinity 
Super Hexagon
Surgeon Simulator 2013
Swapper, The
System Shock 2
They Bleed Pixels
Time Gentlemen, Please!
Thomas Was Alone
Ticket to Ride
To The Moon
Toki Tori
Tomb Raider 2013 DLC
Tomb Raider: Anniversary
Universe Sandbox

Vessel
Walking Dead: 400 Days
Worms Reloaded - GOTY Retail
X3: Terran Conflict + Albion Prelude
You Need A Budget 4 (clearly)
Zombie Driver HD + DLC

Oh, and Steam level 30 from card sales/trades. That was a bad night of mania, and my main regret. I hope it pays off in the long run... somehow.

Total Damage: close to $300 (I am not proud of this.) :fridge: IIRC, everything purchased was -70% or better with only a few exceptions.

Despite my totally over-doing it, thanks to those who helped me out with deals, trades, etc.!
I have one hell of a backlog to work on.  :whistle2:#​

Price the card a few cents less than the next guy if you wanna sell it quicker... Don't set your price at $20 (it'll likely NEVER sell at that price), and don't undercut by more than a few cents. 50 cent undercuts and higher just murder the value of foils, especially when said foils are 1. fairly scarce, and 2. not selling very well. There's way too much time in between sales for the new horribly undercut price (like $5 from $9) to get undercut themselves, sometimes by $1+, and then all of the sudden the foil went from being worth $9 to $2. Whee!

(You don't have to listen to my advice, either, but I've bought and sold 5+ foils for around $25 profit so far, so I've had a lot of firsthand experience with the foil market. It's a delicate game.)
The other problem is people panic if their card hasn't sold in 2 hours, so they think if they drop the price by $2, it will all of a sudden make people start searching for the card. The only thing anyone should ever be concerned with is being the cheapest card by one penny...and even then, you could spend days playing leapfrog with another seller, before anybody even thinks about buying that card. Honestly, I don't even undercut sellers anymore. I'd rather keep the market stable by having everything priced the same.

I think DayZ was built around the concept of having to find your way around by having to distinguish your location via landmarks even when you have a map, so something like indicators on a mini map wouldn't really have place in something like this.
That's all well and good. But the Arma maps are huge, and in my opinion, felt overpopulated with zombies. It takes for-freaking-ever just running along the beach to meet up with somebody (even as romantic as it might sound, lol). Then, if you get killed, you just happen to respawn even further away. The intentions can be whatever they want. It doesn't mean it works.

Does anyone know of an easy to way to see ALL of the games I own which have cards? I normally go  to "Badges" but it doesn't show everything under that.

It doesn't? Aside from newly-added games not showing up for an hour or two, I thought it did show you all the games.
I thought it did too, but I'm missing some. It also seems like even when I add new games, the list never gets longer.

Right now I'm missing Binding of Isaac that I know of but I'm sure theres more.

I thought it did too, but I'm missing some. It also seems like even when I add new games, the list never gets longer.

Right now I'm missing Binding of Isaac that I know of but I'm sure theres more.
I have the same problem and mentioned it a few days ago. Nobody was able to provide an answer. The only way is to cross-check from the game list on steam (found on the FAQ), and acquire at least 1 card for that game for it to show up.

Total Damage: close to $300
1369717381466.jpg

The other problem is people panic if their card hasn't sold in 2 hours, so they think if they drop the price by $2, it will all of a sudden make people start searching for the card. The only thing anyone should ever be concerned with is being the cheapest card by one penny...and even then, you could spend days playing leapfrog with another seller, before anybody even thinks about buying that card. Honestly, I don't even undercut sellers anymore. I'd rather keep the market stable by having everything priced the same.
Well, foils sales can happen at ANY time, at any (lowest) price. There are quite a few high leveled Steam accounts who will swoop in and buy one of each of the foils for a game (sometimes I find that they jump in, grab all the foils priced under $10, and wait on the others). This means that when this happens... if you're 1 cent less than the next guy, your foil sells, his doesn't, and he may wait for days while the card drops and drops in value before selling his.

That exact thing happened to me twice on my last foil venture. I bought two foils, one for $2, one for $3. The two dollar one was priced a few cents below the next guy, at about $8.50. Within 24 hours, it sold when a high level account swept through and bought one of each of the foils priced under $10. Sadly, the foil I bought for $3 was the only one on the market, so I had it priced at $11.99. Did that guy buy it? Nope, he passed it up.

The next day when I woke up, my $11.99 foil was still alone, hadn't sold, no undercutters... However, two sold overnight for about $11. Two small undercutters came in, and they were lucky enough to have their foils bought, even though they were only slightly below mine.

So my point is, there's very little point to undercutting by a high amount, while there is a point to undercutting by a low amount. Even if you leapfrog with someone, undercutting for small amounts, a full day of that still may only drop the price down by 50 cents or so. However, if your 1 cent undercuts result in an undercutter chopping his price down by 50+ cents every time, multiple times, you may want to consider putting your price the same as his to avoid him ruining the value. I've run into this too.

For the people who bought the Strike suit infinity/zero megabundles, did it come as separate games if you added it to your gift inventory after purchase? I stupidly bought infinity to try it out not thinking it would hit a flash sale and added it to my inventory already. I want to gift the extra infinity to my nephew if that's the case with the bundle.

For the people who bought the Strike suit infinity/zero megabundles, did it come as separate games if you added it to your gift inventory after purchase? I stupidly bought infinity to try it out not thinking it would hit a flash sale and added it to my inventory already. I want to gift the extra infinity to my nephew if that's the case with the bundle.
Steam bundles never break apart when added to your inventory.

I guess I should revise my previous reply to wuxbustah8: Yes, this answers his question. It does not, however, allow you to see your progress with said games which is pretty inconvenient on Steam's part. If the only way to see your badge status is via the Badge menu option; all games you own with card support should be listed regardless of your progress. Too many times did I do card trades and realized I was missing complete sets for games, as I began selling cards during beta, then collected enough for level 1 about half way through the sale. I think I counted 8 or 9 games that didn't even show up under Badges until I had a card for it in my inventory.

Everyone. If you don't own Worms Armageddon, BUY IT NOW. It's never been this cheap before, and it's hands down the greatest Worms game every created. Hell, multiplayer is still active.

$3.74 is a steal.

In VTMB? Yeah: most of the game is played in first person. It's really only melee fights that are done in third person.
Yep - pretty much.

I <3 Bloodlines - why the hell hasn't that been a $5 daily deal or something?

Maybe they're waiting until after the sale's over to put Bloodlines + Jade Empire on sale. ;)

Everyone. If you don't own Worms Armageddon, BUY IT NOW. It's never been this cheap before, and it's hands down the greatest Worms game every created. Hell, multiplayer is still active.

$3.74 is a steal.
I've tried the demos to Worms games again and again and never could get into them. Is Armageddon really any different from the rest, or should I just assume these aren't games for me?

I've tried the demos to Worms games again and again and never could get into them. Is Armageddon really any different from the rest, or should I just assume these aren't games for me?
If you didn't like the newer ones, I'd still hazard a guess that you may have fun with Worms Armageddon (read below).

What puts this above the newer games? I've seen LP's of Revolution on YouTube and it looks plenty fun.
How does it compare to Revolutions?
I'm not really saying that Revolution is bad game (I own pretty much all of the games, and they're still fun), but Armageddon's engine blows the other game's engines out of the water. Simply put, Worms Armageddon has flawless physics, while the physics in games like Reloaded and Revolution are much clunkier.

The graphics are bit better in the new games, and they add customization and new gameplay elements, but all 2D Worms games are admittedly pretty much the same. That being the case, Armageddon has the smoothest, most flawless physics and gameplay, and that's why it's widely regarded to be the pinnacle of the series.

The best thing about the Worms games is the multiplayer. I haven't known anyone who particularly enjoys playing Worms solo. If you can round up some people to play it with, give it another shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back