The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember in high school for Christmas I asked for the id Anthology. http://doom.wikia.com/wiki/Id_Anthology i was scared my mom might not get it for me because she's a devout Catholic and the box has crazy cult symbols on it. But lo and behold I got it and played every goddamn game in it, even Commander Keen. I've lost it since, but damn good times. Wish I could tell my past self to hold on to it :)

Poo. I have everything but Crossworlds and I don't want to beat the average for just one game.
For what it's worth, for anyone who's a KB aficionado like me you might find Crossworlds a very worthwhile upgrade. I didn't really get into the Armored Princess campaign until I tried Crossworlds. Some nice new units and spells.

Also, just a note, the Commander Keen pack is not complete. I believe it is missing Episode 6 and Keen Dreams. I put some time into those back in the day. Can't see myself doing it now. Maybe I'd pick em up if they had cardzzz... ;)

Humble Weekly is all Steam games

Pay What You Want ($1+ for Steam keys)

• Men of War
  • Men of War: Red Tide
  • King's Bounty: The Legend
  • King's Bounty: Armored Princess
Beat the Average
  • Men of War: Assault Squad
  • King's Bounty: Crossworlds
https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

This weeks humble weekly seems like it should be an indie gala weekly

I wonder if the humble guys feel dirty using indie gala and groupees sloppy seconds

Does anyone else get motion sickness playing the old Doom games?
Times like a freaking BILLION

I know why I avoided all these games when I was younger, the whole character sliding everywhere makes me so sick.

Thank GOD they have movement that's more like real life or I wouldn't be able to play FPS games.

Quakecon is here again. Awesome. I have everything on that list though except for Quake IV, maybe it's time to pull the trigger... And if we could get Heretic 2 on Steam I'd be ecstatic.....

So I never played Commander Keen when it was first released. Does it hold up at all, or is it just a nostalgia thing for those of you that are buying it?

Episodes 1-3 are nostalgia only. They have aged horribly. Episodes 4 and 5 are just the opposite: aside from the VERY old school sound effects they held up amazingly well. Episode 4 was the only one I had as a kid, and it's still my favorite, but Episode 5 was pretty amazing too. If you enjoy platformers like Mario you should enjoy them, next to Super Mario World they are easily my favorite old school platformers.

Times like a freaking BILLION

I know why I avoided all these games when I was younger, the whole character sliding everywhere makes me so sick.

Thank GOD they have movement that's more like real life or I wouldn't be able to play FPS games.
Haha yeah I remember that. I couldn't play Doom for more than an hour or so at a time. If you really want to feel motion sickness, pull out a laptop and try to play Doom in the car.... I will never do that again :(

But Doom wasn't nearly as bad as the motion sickness for Quake 1, 10 minutes in and I was fighting not to barf. I don't think a game's ever come close to making me feel that sick that quickly before/since.

You kinda adjust if you play the games a lot, but I still can't spend more than an hour or two on any of them.

Last edited:
Haha yeah I remember that. I couldn't play Doom for more than an hour or so at a time. If you really want to feel motion sickness, pull out a laptop and try to play Doom in the car.... I will never do that again :(

But Doom wasn't nearly as bad as the motion sickness for Quake 1, 10 minutes in and I was fighting not to barf. I don't think a game's ever come close to making me feel that sick that quickly before/since.

You kinda adjust if you play the games a lot, but I still can't spend more than an hour or two on any of them.
Children, please. Don't you remember Descent? That literally brought an entire new dimension to motion sickness.

I'm really trying to fight the urge to buy BFG and RAGE with Scorchers DLC. I'm struggling.
Do you own DOOM 3? If so, you might be better off skipping BFG. RAGE+Scorchers would be money better spent, imo.

I actually liked DOOM 3, but between the hella-long campaign and the expansion pack, I really feel no need to double-dip.

Do you own DOOM 3? If so, you might be better off skipping BFG. RAGE+Scorchers would be money better spent, imo.

I actually liked DOOM 3, but between the hella-long campaign and the expansion pack, I really feel no need to double-dip.
I use to own Doom 3 what seems like a long time ago, I barely remember most of the game lol and I have no idea where t disc went.

I don't know why I don't want RAGE. I like almost all ID titles... But can't feel that "attraction" towards RAGE

About the motion sickness... I didn't had it back then with those games... I played A LOT of Quake 1 and descent

Yeah, it was pretty good. Not sure how it aged graphically, but gameplay it's a solid shooter.
It's somewhere between an N64/PS1 game and Gamecube/PS2. I imagine there are mods/patches to pretty up the textures/graphics but I never bothered to look for them.

For $6.25, you really should buy Rage and Scorchers DLC.  Good game with good graphics and gameplay, not so good ending.  DLC helps this game and makes me wonder why not included from the start.

I don't know why I don't want RAGE. I like almost all ID titles... But can't feel that "attraction" towards RAGE

About the motion sickness... I didn't had it back then with those games... I played A LOT of Quake 1 and descent
Things were more PC-centric on the PC back then.

I think when more modern things like head-bob; blur; other PC effects and graphics stuff; and when more PC-games got ported w/ low "Console" FOV - this is when motion sickness started becoming a problem.

EDIT:

I don't know why you don't want RAGE, either!

The shooting & combat - like most Id Games - is absolutely fantastic. I wish the textures in the game-world were better - but, they ain't. They're ranging from blurry and muddy to good - it's all over the place. The actual backgrounds and character-models look fantastic, though.

RAGE base game's ending sucks and is worse than the ME3 Endings (base game - before Extended Cut).

The Scorchers DLC was pretty good, actually - and it actually has a pretty good boss fight. And, the story in the DLC actually completes, too! Was worth the $2.50 that I spent on it, back when I did, few months back or so.

I believe the DLC is necessary to own. W/out the DLC, you can't go back and do ANY mission you missed, once you hit a certain point in the game. With the DLC, it opens up the game - and allows you to continue the game and revisit old areas.

Things were more PC-centric on the PC back then.

I think when more modern things like head-bob; blur; other PC effects and graphics stuff; and when more PC-games got ported w/ low "Console" FOV - this is when motion sickness started becoming a problem.
True. My first FOV headache came with Amalur on PC. I didn't understand all that "FOV sickness" chat until I tried that game.

True. My first FOV headache came with Amalur on PC. I didn't understand all that "FOV sickness" chat until I tried that game.
I used to get headaches playing the old shooters, but I could power through and within a couple days of playing I'd get used to it and they'd go away. But Portal and Half-Life 2 put me down for the count...ten minutes and I was done. Until I discovered FOV.

I will buy doom3 on a couple hours. Still not convinced about RAGE (still have issues with amd cards?)

For $6.25, you really should buy Rage and Scorchers DLC. Good game with good graphics and gameplay, not so good ending. DLC helps this game and makes me wonder why not included from the start.
Understatement in regards to the not so good ending. I typically horde my items for the inevitable boss battle so when the credits started to roll I had to reload my save just to use the items I had never touched. The worst part is that you couldn't even go back into the world to complete the job board quests or races or anything.

The ending was complete garbage; I had a tougher time doing the TV-show quest.

http://www.thegreenlightbundle.com/

greenlight_zps1414b42f.png

greenlightgames_zps5cdc8e02.png
Wonder which games will make the next round of greenlights?

Yeah, I wouldn't count on it.  This is the like 5th time Ichi has been bundled (including the original Greenlight bundle) with no greenlight.  I think total 2-3 games out of all these bundles have made it.  Dawn of Fantasy and Depth Hunter come to mind. 

Edit:

Nevermind, was getting Depth Hunter confused with something else.

So maybe 1 greenlit game?

None. The Greenlight Bundle is where games go to die, not get greenlit.
I wish I could disagree with this, but data clearly states that the inclusion in so called "Greenlight" bundles has something of a reverse effect, causing various well made games to sit forever in limbo as they feebly try to gain entrance into Steam, never realizing that their habits of bundling up with those stuck with a similar fate is doing nothing to help them as again and again they are passed over for the unbundled stars.

Of course the real problem is none of these games have zombies :shame:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back