The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
35t5qa.jpg

You knew this was coming right? Right?

(I think you said that on purpose) ;)
That pretty much can be said about most of the ES games. ;)

35t5qa.jpg

You knew this was coming right? Right?

(I think you said that on purpose) ;)
Sheesh, tell me about it. I usually play and exhaust all the content in ES/Fallout games. My first go-around with Skyrim though, I was a Heavy-Armor wearing, shield expert and master with one-handed weapons. I didn't feel right doing the Thieve's/Dark Brotherhood quest. I just imagined my character bumbling around mansions because he keeps knocking things over with his heavy armor and shield, just didn't feel right. Yes, I know you can unequip armor/items, but that doesn't make my character an immediately awesome theif/assassin.

I plan to do those quests my next playthrough, where I'll roll a more stealthy character who is fit to steal/assassinate.

How is the poker in Poker Night at the Inventory. I used to play online at Pokerstars and Full Tilt about 14 hours a day lol. Would I be real board in Poker Night or is the poker aspect decent at least.

How is the poker in Poker Night at the Inventory. I used to play online at Pokerstars and Full Tilt about 14 hours a day lol. Would I be real board in Poker Night or is the poker aspect decent at least.
haven't played it yet, but everything I've heard has been that you play for the characters not the actual poker game. In fact I've heard the AI is pretty lousy, so if you are looking for an actually good poker game then you will probably want to look elsewhere. If you want some witty banter between an unorthodox cast on the other hand, you will probably enjoy it ^_^

Meh I will end up buying it anyway. Gotta increase that backlog.

Also if anyone wants I will trade a key for civ 5: Gods and Kings for Poker Night 2.

That's a hell of a deal for someone :)

Sheesh, tell me about it. I usually play and exhaust all the content in ES/Fallout games. My first go-around with Skyrim though, I was a Heavy-Armor wearing, shield expert and master with one-handed weapons. I didn't feel right doing the Thieve's/Dark Brotherhood quest. I just imagined my character bumbling around mansions because he keeps knocking things over with his heavy armor and shield, just didn't feel right. Yes, I know you can unequip armor/items, but that doesn't make my character an immediately awesome theif/assassin.

I plan to do those quests my next playthrough, where I'll roll a more stealthy character who is fit to steal/assassinate.
Haha, that's actually a great point regarding Heavy-Armor mixed with stealth for realism. That did kind of cross my mind when I joined the Thieves & Dark Brotherhood factions/guilds as a Heavy-Armor wearing character myself. Thief spoiler -
That's where the Nightingale Armor came in handy for such tasks.

I rarely join the darker sides in most games and stay the course of a good character. But it was too tempting to join all the factions and become the person with the greatest connections in all of Skyrim. Or at least try to ;).

I can't remember how that worked out as it's been a while since I've played Skyrim. Once I pickup the Dragonborn DLC I'll dive back in head first.

Thanks all for your input on the Bethesda games.  I think what I will do is spend some time with Skyrim and consider picking up FNV (even though I previously had it from the GG bundle and sold it, oops :p).  My question now is how much does one benefit from having played Fallout games prior to New Vegas? I haven't played any of them.  Kind of sad I missed out on the originals back in the day, but then there's a lot of stuff I've missed out on...and will continue to miss out on, due to my ever increasing backlog and decreasing spare time.

Whoops I thought it said clothes beta :ziplip:

Sorry, man, I couldn't tell y- wait, what's this?

[customspoiler='SPAM']
82f4fe84-8ca7-4392-ae72-a0fd82c22312_zps4afacce8.jpg
[/customspoiler]

This thing must be a virus or a popup I dunno please help

Morrowind holds up well if and only if you mod it. Hell, even for it's time you really almost needed to mod some aspects of it because the default npc character models were subpar even back then. It's totally doable to mod it though and there are packs so you don't have to hunt around all over the place for individual mods.

I actually prefer Morrowind over the newer ones because it has more atmosphere and character plus I think the main quest is better than that of the two games that came after it.

Oh and the version Gamersgate sells of Morrowind and Oblivion is definitely Steamworks and usually they will only sell a Steamworks game if they absolutely have no other option. Not sure about Gamefly though. The wording on their page would seem to indicate it wasn't Steamworks but I didn't even think you could buy those older ES games digitally in non-Steamworks versions anymore.

When is Skyrim gonna get lower than 15$ :(
When you get a time machine and go back to December 2012 and get it from Gamersgate?

Seriously, I'm sure it will eventually but it's a popular game that sells reasonably well even now so I don't think Bethesda has a huge motivation to slash the price.

i'm pretty pumped for rayman legends 

didn't even see that the pc version was announced until i saw the ad pop up in the steam client 

also- $20 cheaper than the console version and comes with rayman origins

Thanks all for your input on the Bethesda games. I think what I will do is spend some time with Skyrim and consider picking up FNV (even though I previously had it from the GG bundle and sold it, oops :p). My question now is how much does one benefit from having played Fallout games prior to New Vegas? I haven't played any of them. Kind of sad I missed out on the originals back in the day, but then there's a lot of stuff I've missed out on...and will continue to miss out on, due to my ever increasing backlog and decreasing spare time.
I suggest you pick-up FO:NV - Ultimate Edition, when you do get it. This way - you have everything.

While the DLC's are at least good, Old World Blues is one of the best DLC's that I've ever played.

This way, if you want to make the game brutally hard, you can use JE Sawyer's Hardcore Mode (now in Version 5.1) - which requires you own ALL of the FO:NV content (base game + 4 Content DLC's + 2 Item Pack DLC's).

JE Sawyer is the lead designer for FO:NV for Obsidian - and he wanted to create something harder for his tastes - and he let it loose on the public.

FO:NV takes place on the West Coast - just like both FO1 & 2. Some factions - like the Brotherhood of Steel, of course - did carry over from FO series into FO:NV, but you won't see a metric-ton of returning characters in FO:NV. I remember Marcus from FO2 returning in FO:NV and Cass is actually the daughter of John Cassidy from FO2.

After about a million card drops I finally got my first foil card drop. Star Wolves 3's Black Stormcrow. The market has it as $2.87 right now. Not too bad but nowhere near the $20+ foils went for at first during the beta. Makes me sad :(

So, I've been idling a lot of cards today and i started today with about 6 gaben bux in my wallet and now i have a grand total of $15.36 gaben bux. Gonna try to save it up toward The Bureau pre-order :)

I suggest you pick-up FO:NV - Ultimate Edition, when you do get it. This way - you have everything.

While the DLC's are at least good, Old World Blues is one of the best DLC's that I've ever played.

This way, if you want to make the game brutally hard, you can use JE Sawyer's Hardcore Mode (now in Version 5.1) - which requires you own ALL of the FO:NV content (base game + 4 Content DLC's + 2 Item Pack DLC's).

JE Sawyer is the lead designer for FO:NV for Obsidian - and he wanted to create something harder for his tastes - and he let it loose on the public.

FO:NV takes place on the West Coast - just like both FO1 & 2. Some factions - like the Brotherhood of Steel, of course - did carry over from FO series into FO:NV, but you won't see a metric-ton of returning characters in FO:NV. I remember Marcus from FO2 returning in FO:NV and Cass is actually the daughter of John Cassidy from FO2.
Is his version of hardcore actually difficult, or is it just tweaked a bit more? I have to admit I am pretty intrigued by it - enough to rebuy the game on PC and all the DLC.

Is his version of hardcore actually difficult, or is it just tweaked a bit more? I have to admit I am pretty intrigued by it - enough to rebuy the game on PC and all the DLC.
I ain't tried the game's original official Hardcore Mode nor JE's HardCore Mode. Can't really speak on that.

I suggest players buy FO:NV Ultimate so that they have everything. This way, if the opportunity comes along they want to make the game (supposedly) harder, they can use JE's Mod. Plus, it's probably best to have everything, in case there's other mods that actually might require you do own everything here.

Plus, IMHO - when FO:NV Ultimate is $5, I think it is a steal (75% off sale). That's a metric-ton of content there, for that kind of money. You're talking in one play-through, over 100 hours I spent w/ this game + its DLC's.

i tried to go back to FO:NV after skyrim, damn is it ugly now

great game tho

and i now have an extra copy of rayman origins in my inventory (thanks jake), if a regular wants it who will actually play it shoot your boy a PM

i tried to go back to FO:NV after skyrim, damn is it ugly now

great game tho

and i now have an extra copy of rayman origins in my inventory (thanks jake), if a regular wants it who will actually play it shoot your boy a PM
everyone who is even remotely a fan of platformers needs to play Origins! So so good ^_^

Oblivion really isn't as bad as people say.. the entire Oblivion gates thing was a pretty cool aspect of it, and calling the world generic is kinda silly when Skyrim is 90% snow.

i only played it on consoles, but i hear it has the largest collection of mods out of the ES games too.

Oblivion was a good game. First 360 game I owned and I can say that I enjoyed it. Most of the DLC was pretty much crap(the various lairs, spell tomes, horse armor) but I did enjoy Knights of the Nine and immensely loved The Shivering Isles. There are good ways to do DLC and then wrong ways to do DLC. Most companies usually hit one side or the other but I think Bethesda hits right down the middle of both.

I'm still holding out on the Skyrim DLC... Was hoping for about $14 for Dragonborn and Dawnguard. 

Finally got my first booster pack. RO2 and only one card was a duplicate. Not terrible.

ES is not a series that forces you to down a linear path, Call of Duty style. You take on whatever quests you want - and go. All on you.
That's not true at all. I tried to do that in Skyrim and all it did was make it so that I was unable to do any missions. It's linear with the illusion of choice unless you want to grind up your level and then you have more freedom to actually do what you want.

That's not true at all. I tried to do that in Skyrim and all it did was make it so that I was unable to do any missions. It's linear with the illusion of choice unless you want to grind up your level and then you have more freedom to actually do what you want.
Once you get passed the opening, you should be able to freely roam the game-world and level-your character as you see fit.

Skyrim isn't a Black Isle, Obsidian or a BioWare game - if you're looking for dialogue trees w/ tons of detailed pre-determined choices based on your skills + stats, when you go and do quests and where you have tons different outcomes per quest. Some quests might have a few choices, while many quests here don't.

So joined that free beta of Skullgirls thanks to CAG. 

And guess what? That caused a sale. I wasn't expecting to want to buy it, but I did. And yes, I got a good rate on it, I'm a cheapass here, I ain't paying no 14.99!

Only sad part is I fully expect to be pwned online more often than not. But I'm learning my character favorites. Ms. Fortune and Fillia (sp?) 

So joined that free beta of Skullgirls thanks to CAG.

And guess what? That caused a sale. I wasn't expecting to want to buy it, but I did. And yes, I got a good rate on it, I'm a cheapass here, I ain't paying no 14.99!

Only sad part is I fully expect to be pwned online more often than not. But I'm learning my character favorites. Ms. Fortune and Fillia (sp?)

The fact you didn't list how much you paid for it leads me to believe it wasn't that good a rate ;)

The fact you didn't list how much you paid for it leads me to believe it wasn't that good a rate ;)
The opposite. 3 TF2 keys. And finally used sourceop to get the keys. Haha, though first time I bought off market was during the summer sale...when keys were cheap, so whatever...

And let this be my glowing recommendation for the game.

Japanese Doujin (indie) Bundle is coming next week.

doujin_teaser4.jpg

The middle picture of the girl with the apron on is Cherry Tree High Comedy Club. Anyone recognize the others?

Cherry Tree High has Steam cards btw, it's a fun little game too.
cool, turn a little profit possibly

68259d0c-14a5-4a28-87fe-be1f407890f4_zps0ee6a1cc.jpg

None of my Steam cronies have this. 8-[

I bought Delve Deeper + DLC from the Steam store earlier in history, but I have 2 DD keys from old bundle pages.

I feel strongly that one of them is used and one is unused.

[customspoiler=GCMWX-XGH6B-V33MY]Spoiler[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler=KHKCD-3NM6E-32PM2]Spoiler[/customspoiler]

All this Skyim talk made me boot up my game. But it loves crashing on me. Every time I try to play recently, it crashes not more than 20-30 in. Sucks. I'm trying to disable the Steam Cloud stuff. I have a relatively high-end gaming PC, and no idea why I have this problem. According to the Steam forums, I'm not alone. Seems like it might be caused by DLC.

All this Skyim talk made me boot up my game. But it loves crashing on me. Every time I try to play recently, it crashes not more than 20-30 in. Sucks. I'm trying to disable the Steam Cloud stuff. I have a relatively high-end gaming PC, and no idea why I have this problem. According to the Steam forums, I'm not alone. Seems like it might be caused by DLC.
I think I remember it being something about DLC loading in the wrong order. Check to see under the data files, I think the forums had a list somewhere. Or maybe that's how I fixed a different problem, it's been a while.

I understand Bethesda and Obsidian often make "big as Hell games w/ tons, tons, and tons of content" and that it's apt to have some problems b/c there's so many varaibles, instances, circumstances, and things like that...

...but you'd think their QA departments would often do a BETTER job than what they've done!

I was a little disappointed that the Skullgirls demo doesn't allow single player.  I guess I understand since they don't want anyone to blow through the SP game and then not buy the game but playing SP is about the only thing I'd do with it. 

Skyrim was a game that started out promising and then quickly became an exercise in "Well, this feels pointless" until I blow through the main quest line just to say I finished it.  I think the breaking point was the Mage guild quest.  Go through a series of quests, receive the (frankly ludicrous) reward of being the Archmage of the college and... nothing.  You get a new room to hang out in and decorate.  All the other mages treat you the same, the college librarian is like "pppfttt... whatever" and the idiot wizard in Whiterun still greets you with "Hey, if you like magic you should visit the mage college... derp!"  It was 100% pointless and changed the world exactly not at all.  Feeling of accomplishment: Nil.

This isn't even counting all the caves and tombs that are pointless.  Lots of things to explore... provided you like looking at the same same cave architecture over and over, fighting the same Viking zombies and being rewarded with the same barrel of potatoes at the end for your heroic efforts.

I was a little disappointed that the Skullgirls demo doesn't allow single player. I guess I understand since they don't want anyone to blow through the SP game and then not buy the game but playing SP is about the only thing I'd do with it.

Skyrim was a game that started out promising and then quickly became an exercise in "Well, this feels pointless" until I blow through the main quest line just to say I finished it. I think the breaking point was the Mage guild quest. Go through a series of quests, receive the (frankly ludicrous) reward of being the Archmage of the college and... nothing. You get a new room to hang out in and decorate. All the other mages treat you the same, the college librarian is like "pppfttt... whatever" and the idiot wizard in Whiterun still greets you with "Hey, if you like magic you should visit the mage college... derp!" It was 100% pointless and changed the world exactly not at all. Feeling of accomplishment: Nil.

This isn't even counting all the caves and tombs that are pointless. Lots of things to explore... provided you like looking at the same same cave architecture over and over, fighting the same Viking zombies and being rewarded with the same barrel of potatoes at the end for your heroic efforts.

(snort) See... completely different opinions.  I thought the Dwemer dungeon dives were EXCELLENT.  I didn't particularly care for the Mage quest but I thought the Thieves, Dark Brotherhood, and Companions were all well done.  The Thieves guild was the most annoying IMO because of the back and forth runs across the land.  Especially since with that toon I chose to do no fast travel.  I did find all sorts of excellent ruins to explore which unlocked even more content.

The vampire expansion was great in that I really enjoyed the underworld.  Just dug it.  I also thought that the narrative was well done.  I didn't pick up Hearthfire or Dragonborn.  Waiting for a significant price drop.

And don't get me started on that crazy mage dude with the Elder Scroll up north.  His quests were barrels of crazy laughter.

I was a little disappointed that the Skullgirls demo doesn't allow single player. I guess I understand since they don't want anyone to blow through the SP game and then not buy the game but playing SP is about the only thing I'd do with it.
I hate that too. My internet sucks so I can't play games like this online.

They could've just added a sort of "Endless" mode, with no story content, so we could fight against the computer without having to go into training mode.

(snort) See... completely different opinions. I thought the Dwemer dungeon dives were EXCELLENT
Those actual "missions" were fine when seen as self-contained dungeon dives. The whole "Hey, you person we've known for a week... I guess we'll make you the Archmage now!" ending was ridiculous and the fact that no one apparently gave a shit that I was Archmage (I guess that's why they can bestow the honor on any wandering hobo) made the whole thing seem pointless.

Oh,

I'll not argue that.  I agree in fact that the Mage one seemed eh.

The Companions, I felt like I was part of the group.  I was MORE upset when that one ended cause I was left expecting more.
I really felt they could have drawn the questline out more involving the werewolves v. the hunters.  It built up nice and then kinda meh'd out.  Especially when I was given the option to cure myself

The Dark Brotherhood,
I loved sneaking aboard the boat to kill the emperor

The Thieves guild,
My favorite was setting the beehives on fire and sneaking through that house

I remember those.  The only thing I remember about the mage quests were a bunch of go fetch this's.  Only reason it was REALLY good was cause I pickpocketed the hell out of people so I could get my enchanting up.

Well, I had played through as a "pure mage" style character.  The only weapon I ever held was a dagger enchanted to steal souls.  So the whole idea of becoming Archmage was the culmination of my character's existence -- even more so than the Dragonborn thing.  You can imagine how fulfilling that felt in the end.

And, as I said, the world itself boils down to the same as most of these Bethesda open world adventures: Great big world to explore and not really very much to see in it.  I felt the same about Oblivion and Fallout 3.  Fun for a while until you realize how pointless exploring that next cave or warehouse is.  Then I just burn through the main plot to say I finished it and move on.  I have no idea how people can invest thousands of hours in those games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back