The Steam Deals + Cards Thread V9 | Torchlight II Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psydero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
117 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V9! I'm your new host, Psydero.
You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

Steam Sales on Steam

$6.79

$14.99

Steam Sales Elsewhere on CAG - Updated 11/2

Indie Bundle Threads - Updated 8/26

Free Stuff - Needs Updating

There are quite a few free and free2play games and mods on steam. You can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Past Special Sales
Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
md8sthz.jpg

Well, i have another shitload of steam cards. i'll give you guys 1st dibs again before I CL or ebay them.

2 for 30, paypal only plz. not gonna do 1 at a time right now because i have so many.

and no, they're not stolen. check my feedback.

md8sthz.jpg

Well, i have another shitload of steam cards. i'll give you guys 1st dibs again before I CL or ebay them.

2 for 30, paypal only plz. not gonna do 1 at a time right now because i have so many.

You can get a steambox and PS4 with that money doe. dayum.

TELEMUNDO: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/whosgamingnow/announcements/detail/2055056305662561780

Gamefly is offering FUEL (Steam) for $1.35 if you take a Clive Barker's Jericho or Overlord (no DLC) direct download for free.

After today the 20% promo code expires and you'll have to pay $1.69 for FUEL like back when I was a little Allen Iverson-stan whiteboy.

Thanks, went ahead and picked this up for Jericho and Fuel. I'm sure the Codemasters Humble is going to make me regret my purchase...lol

md8sthz.jpg

In my Rick Ross voice...

I got Steam Cardz, the REAL Steam Cardz. I'll give you 300 for two of your fake ones.

On a serious note, I'll repeat that I bought two from Mr. Carter the first time he had them and I still have the funds/games in my account!

The game (DI:R) starts you at level 15 for no apparent reason. Then the game proceeds to give me weapons that hardly fulfill any means of murder, leaving me to have to stomp and kick the zombies to death. Dead Island was bloody brilliant, DI:R somehow got worse. The guns felt useless half of the time I had one in possesion, and melee weapons were so degraded I would lose almost all of my money trying to repair the halfway decent ones. It could just be the new guy just completely sucked (I lost both my saves when my Xbox took a nosedive and my MU took the blunt of the fall). The game left a lot to be desired.

My bad, I thought we were talking about the first one! I am 70% done with the first one and probably won't get to Riptide for a while. I've heard so many mixed things about it so I am not sure if I am really looking forward to it at this point.
I was going to give my impressions on Riptide but started thinking about the mod I've been using, and maybe that's giving me a better experience than described. If Riptide is getting you down I suggest giving this mod a try, it's still feeling very challenging but I only use kicks to save weapon usage, not cause it's the only effective technique. I haven't upgraded any, just repaired ones I find.

That mod increases critical hit chance, reduces stamina usage for most things, increases stamina regen speed, makes you run faster, but on the flipside it lets zombies detect you from a further distance and makes them faster.

Whoa, on second thought I just watched a video of this mod in action and apparently it was not in effect on my game, the guy is running so fast, maybe it's cause I installed the mod after already starting the game instead of using a fresh game.

TELEMUNDO: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/whosgamingnow/announcements/detail/2055056305662561780

Gamefly is offering FUEL (Steam) for $1.35 if you take a Clive Barker's Jericho or Overlord (no DLC) direct download for free.

After today the 20% promo code expires and you'll have to pay $1.69 for FUEL like back when I was a little Allen Iverson-stan whiteboy.
PSA:
Warning: This title uses 3rd party DRM (Games for Windows Live)
Warning: This title uses 3rd party DRM (SecuROM)

In my Rick Ross voice...

I got Steam Cardz, the REAL Steam Cardz. I'll give you 300 for two of your fake ones.
BOSS!!!

On a serious note, I'll repeat that I bought two from Mr. Carter the first time he had them and I still have the funds/games in my account!
{plays the beat to "Mr. Carter" by Lil Wayne Ft. Jay-Z}

"Hey Mr. Carter/Tell me where you been?/They've been asking/They've been searching/They've been wondering why."

In my Rick Ross voice...

+1

I just bought two and he threw in a slice of pie to sweeten the deal. You never do that with your IGHHs.

md8sthz.jpg

v_c hooked me up again. Gotta get the wallet ready for the upcoming holiday Steam disappointments sales.

PSA:

2/2

The game I acquired before FUEL? Batman: AA.

PSA:

Elves (adds another race and lots of new units) and Armageddon (adds a new game mode).  The rest you can live without out.  Powerful Lords is just a couple of different perks and hero units (more of a cheat), Power of the Serpent is a new resource plus a couple of new low/mid-tier units, and the artifacts DLC lets you create grossly overpowered items to give to your heroes.

I would have stabbed that dirty, no-good bitch in the ass. You gotta stay sharp around these shark-ass...

PROTECT YA GODDAMN NECK
They be stealing cardz, man. Biting cards. All of that.

This is Only Built 4 Gaming Linx, man.

I say get your own cardz, make trades, and be original.

BTW, Mink Link - do you sing your own hooks? ;)

Son of a boob, when CAG got redesigned I didn't realize that the feedback form had changed, so I've been writing my feedbacks in the wrong field and then the private memo part (which doesn't appear to exist anymore) in the actual feedback field. Whoops.

Son of a boob, when CAG got redesigned I didn't realize that the feedback form had changed, so I've been writing my feedbacks in the wrong field and then the private memo part (which doesn't appear to exist anymore) in the actual feedback field. Whoops.
That's OK. I always seem to forget to change the dropdown if I'm a trader or seller. :dunce:

They be stealing cardz, man. Biting cards. All of that.

This is Only Built 4 Gaming Linx, man.

I say get your own cardz, make trades, and be original.

BTW, Mink Link - do you sing your own hooks? ;)

Sharks: A CAG got dat fresh-azz baby-avatar and then, next thing ya know, some wannabe willies over there be havin' baby avatars and shit.

Posters be bitin' mad styles.

That's OK. I always seem to forget to change the dropdown if I'm a trader or seller. :dunce:
I did the same and even after I found out about it I still didn't bother because it's hassle. I started doing it though once someone PMed about filling out the FB wrong. Didn't know people cared, but since then I just put it to trader for everything and leave it vague.

Sharks: A CAG got dat fresh-azz baby-avatar and then, next thing ya know, some wannabe willies over there be havin' baby avatars and shit.

Posters be bitin' mad styles.
And after all the baby-pictures avatars, Nothing Was The Same.

Everybody wants to be Illmatic like that cover, man.

For my avatar, I'm gonna be stuntin'.

I'm gonna age a pic of myself at 90, Benjamin Button.

md8sthz.jpg

Vinny... Gimme some love :wave:

* reminds MysterD of the "lousy bonus" bitching of the Humble Origin Bundle...
Hey, we all knew how crappy that was. Don't act like you weren't expecting Dead Space 2, all the Mass Effects, both Dragon Age games and Dragon Age Inquisition as a bonus. And then also a second bonus consisting of blowjobs.

Hey, we all knew how crappy that was. Don't act like you weren't expecting Dead Space 2, all the Mass Effects, both Dragon Age games and Dragon Age Inquisition as a bonus. And then also a second bonus consisting of blowjobs.
I was definitely NOT one of those people. I already have DS2, both DA games and all that is Mass Effect. I would have settled for just Inquisition and an OTPHJ.

I was definitely NOT one of those people. I already have DS2, both DA games and all that is Mass Effect. I would have settled for just Inquisition and an OTPHJ.
Inquisition in the Origin Humble Bundle would've been insane!

I would've even been happy w/ for bonuses ALL DA2 DLC + DA2: Exalted Marches actually got finished + ALL ME2 DLC + ALL ME3 DLC. ;)

Inquisition in the Origin Humble Bundle would've been insane!

I would've even been happy w/ for bonuses ALL DA2 DLC + DA2: Exalted Marches actually got finished + ALL ME2 DLC + ALL ME3 DLC. ;)
I could have gotten down on some DA2 DLC. Gotta work on the first one, though. It's in my list of next plays. After I finish Riptide once or twice, I'm moving back to BL2, then an ARPG. Either Dark Souls, The Witcher 2 or Dragon Age, not sure which yet.

I could have gotten down on some DA2 DLC. Gotta work on the first one, though. It's in my list of next plays. After I finish Riptide once or twice, I'm moving back to BL2, then an ARPG. Either Dark Souls, The Witcher 2 or Dragon Age, not sure which yet.
DarkSoulsDarkSoulsDarkSouls. Game is frickin awesome. If you get really into the mysterious nature behind the game, some of the Dark Souls lore videos you can find on youtube are pretty fascinating. Witcher 2 is on my list as well, but I'm planning on playing the first one, first.

DarkSoulsDarkSoulsDarkSouls. Game is frickin awesome. If you get really into the mysterious nature behind the game, some of the Dark Souls lore videos you can find on youtube are pretty fascinating.
{throws controller at my monitor and curses wildly for a few minutes}

EDIT:

Dragon Age: Origins is more of a STRATEGIC-RPG than ACTION-RPG.

All gone guys

- Thanks for scooping them so quickly and saving me the indecency of resorting to CL

- Sorry I couldn't hit you all off, I got so many damn messages

- It's kind of creepy the amount of people who read this thread without posting in it

Oz286Db.gif

All gone guys

- Thanks for scooping them so quickly and saving me the indecency of resorting to CL

- Sorry I couldn't hit you all off, I got so many damn messages

- It's kind of creepy the amount of people who read this thread without posting in it

-
Oz286Db.gif
ah darn! Missed out again :bomb:

i was disapoointed i was expected bulletstorm and i didnt need ds2 and want airborne but i was expecte much but i knew it was ea they woulld do evil stuff

If GFWL isn't patched out I doubt we'll be seeing DIRT games in any Humble Bundles. I do hope they get Humble Bundled though, as I'd like to see GFWL patched out.
I'd like to see GFWL patched out of everything. Extra layers on top of steam is just silly. But why do you think that'd have to happen before going to HB? I wouldn't expect DRM-free versions of the CM games.

I'd like to see GFWL patched out of everything. Extra layers on top of steam is just silly. But why do you think that'd have to happen before going to HB? I wouldn't expect DRM-free versions of the CM games.
Well, we could always also make the complaint that in Steam-versions that Steam shouldn't force to be always ran in the background for 3rd-party games when playing them (i.e. Origin games, G4WL game, etc). :p Sure, Steam could be used just for one-time online activation per PC - and that's it. But of course, Valve didn't really go that route and forced Steam down our PC gaming throats so they could make sure we try out their (awesome) extra features they implemented so that eventually they could take over the digital market, right?

The thing is - I think some dev's/pub's were (early on) expecting G4WL to take off, since M$ was behind it. So much for that - as they (M$) pretty much did a very extremely poor job w/ keeping G4WL relevant and got themselves further away from the PC with each waking moment. Only reason they (Dev's and pub's) probably put some G4WL games on Steam - was to try to make more sales b/c Steam began taking off more and more w/ each year. Plus, there are often ways to launch G4WL-title on Steam-versions w/ the old "run the game EXE from the game-folder" or "create a shortcut for the EXE from game-folder" trick (i.e. see GTA4/EFLC PC; RF:G PC; etc).

Knowing G4WL is going away - do you think many gamers-in-the-know plan to buy G4WL-supported games knowing G4WL is closing?

I doubt it - and the only way some gamers might not care about dropping money on a G4WL-supported game, is knowing it'll get tossed into a CM Humble Bundle for $1 minimum.

Say some of us own Non-Steam versions of games using G4WL from CM. If CM doesn't allow for us game-owners to activate Dirt 2 (G4WL-only version/Non-Steam version) keys onto Steam, we'll have to re-buy the game. Hence why we'd want them to make at least the Steam-version to drop G4WL in favor for Steamworks - so, I think many won't mind dropping a measly $1 in a HB or so on CM games where they offer-up Steam-versions that ditch G4WL and replace it with full-blown Steamworks.

I don't expect DRM-free versions of the CM games, but I highly doubt HB is stupid enough to put games that you won't be able to play after July 2014 in their bundles. This is why most games in Humble Bundles/Weekly deals don't have draconian DRM, a DRM that doesn't even allow the game to function anymore would be the worst kind of DRM possible, HB most definitely wouldn't allow it.

What I was saying was they'd have to patch out GFWL in the Steam versions of the games. I doubt they'd patch them out to make them entirely DRM-free, but who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back