CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
5m86u.jpg

I like how the 'loyalty' discount for DX HR disappears during sales so people like me who already owned the base + Missing Link essentially have to rebuy it.

Goddammit ignorant steam masses, why u gotta vote Guerrilla? I wanted Evochron, you moronic monkeys!

Another stupid community's choice winner. I'm starting to wonder if people with farming accounts are just voting for the worst option to piss people off. (Oh, and that's another winner I didn't vote for.)

I like how the 'loyalty' discount for DX HR disappears during sales so people like me who already owned the base + Missing Link essentially have to rebuy it.
Yeah, pretty bs really. I would have bought it for $1.24, but it's not worth paying $5 for when I already have the original.

[quote name="tebowdragon15" post="11373375" timestamp="1387673595"]i start from west far west in rocky mountain region ehh [/quote]
Which city, if you don't mind my asking?

How did Red Facion Guerrilla win with 53% of the vote. This is a new level of sad.
idiots duh anotheer rage post

Goddammit ignorant steam masses, why u gotta vote Guerrilla? I wanted Evochron, you moronic monkeys!

Yes, yes it is.
yup stupid people can go to hell with me inclduing mysterd

More like Red Faction Gorilla! (Actually if they made that I might play it.)
heh okay if that was game i buy it but it isnt i want to be gorilla then eat mystrd for brunch neuro for dinner

Another stupid community's choice winner. I'm starting to wonder if people with farming accounts are just voting for the worst option to piss people off. (Oh, and that's another winner I didn't vote for.)

Yeah, pretty bs really. I would have bought it for $1.24, but it's not worth paying $5 for when I already have the original.
yup u prolly right steam needs to stop putting bundles games vs non-bundle games bundle games at least we wont be mad and yup

I'm waiting for the Ys series to pop up... love Felghana. The OST is AWESOME, is so great I got myself a copy and listen it while at work, along with the castlevania ost

You know what's sad? It was in an Indie Gala weekly where you could get I think the whole franchise for $3ish. And I think the CAG that hosted a 10 pack still has a few left.
why is that sad? what if you weren't, you know, around for the indie gala? i don't know where to find this CAG, so I voted for the game. what's sad is that people are flipping out over a game they don't want winning over a game they also don't want and will never play

Doesn't Red Faction Guerilla use GFWL?

What the hell are these voters DOING?!
Probably hoping Nordic drops G4WL and moves RFG to Steamworks. ;)

I voted for RFG - best discount of the club (80% off).

60% off for Evoc Merc ain't enough for me to get a vote. It needs 75% off.

Wow I guess I need to start voting for the game I don't want to go on sale. So far I'm batting .0000 :(

I'd be in for Angry Video Game Nerd but I'm getting spoiled by all the sub $5 games so I'll pass until I can get it for a couple bucks.

Voted for Legend of Dungeon.  Been wanting it.  Probably in next HIB but $1.50 Steam with cards bringing to probably $1 is fine by me.

For Posterity: [Popularity Contest] Community Vote Results 

21% - Evochron Merc @ 60%

26% - Zeno Crash II @ 75%

53% - RFG @ 80%

I'm curious about Legend of dungeon. Also thinking about grabing Civ V gold upgrade. Still have Civ V unplayed on my lib (but have played all the old civs, even call to power), should give it a go

why is that sad? what if you weren't, you know, around for the indie gala? i don't know where to find this CAG, so I voted for the game. what's sad is that people are flipping out over a game they don't want winning over a game they also don't want and will never play
His name is Croq if you want the games. It is sad that people are getting ripped off by paying more for games than they should or could. Maybe wasting money isn't sad for you, but then you are on the wrong site.

NFS quality varies considerably... any specific ones in mind? (Also SHIFT 1 & 2, can't be lumped with the rest of the NFS titles)
Al the ones currently on flash: (Not Shift 2, because of Tages THANKS ENHANCED STEAM!!) Hot Pursuit, Shift, Undercover.

Ashes, why are the Need for Speed games rated so high by critics, and mediocre at best by the community? Worth it at $5?
I'm not Ashes, but I can make some guesses. ;)

I'd guess it could be b/c EA publishes NFS games - hehe. ;)

I also think PC gamers might be much more critical of NFS series - especially since in recent years, their ports of NFS games ain't always been the most rock-solid or might have done things many PC gamers don't care for in the PC versions. Namely, I'm referring to how NFS: Hot Pursuit 2010 + NFS: Most Wanted 2012 aren't the best running and optimized PC games upon release; you might be best off locking-down NFS: MW 2012 framerate to 30 frames per sec via game-config files since game's framerate can flat-out go all over the place; and b/c NFS: Rivals PC is more or less hard-coded and synced in every way to 30 frames per sec (PC gamers normally want and prefer 30 60 frames per sec).

Personally, I thought the best NFS's so far was NFS: Most Wanted 2005 + Carbon.

Granted, I ain't even played Underground 1 + 2 - which many seem to love.

I certainly dug NFS: Hot Pursuit 2010, but never finished it.

Most Wanted 2012 is good, but it is missing some personality + character that made MW 2005 so great.

Also, I preferred the "win $ from doing races" MW 2005 had + that you could buy your upgrades; not how MW 2012 does it where you earn them by depending on how you do in a race. Plus, I don't think MW 2012 has as many interesting racing-types, where MW 2005 (Knockout, Drag) + Carbon (Drift, Canyon) and even Undercover (Highway Battles) had a lot more going on there.

His name is Croq if you want the games. It is sad that people are getting ripped off by paying more for games than they should or could. Maybe wasting money isn't sad for you, but then you are on the wrong site.
If you're talking about wasting money then why do you care about ANY of these community deals? Roughly 1% of them are ever better than a game has already been at some point in its history.

Is AVGN a fun game for people who don't care about him at all? I've watched roughly two minutes of one of this videos and hated it. But I do love me a good platformer ...

Is AVGN a fun game for people who don't care about him at all? I've watched roughly two minutes of one of this videos and hated it. But I do love me a good platformer ...
AVGN is love/hate, but he literally gave birth to people like JonTron, PeanutButterGamer, and any other popular Youtube Video Game reviewer.

His influence is massive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back