CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
It turns out I can't trade or sell my extra globe cards for the one I need because I haven't had Steam Guard enabled for 15 days. The whole reason I disabled it in the first place was to get Family Sharing working, as for some reason it wouldn't let me activate family sharing until I did. I'm screwed out of the badge unless I keep spending money. WEAK.

I'm currently debating on the Arkham Origins Season Pass since it's a good price and all. I am also in need of Snow Globes 2,5,8, and 9 if anyone can oblige on them

The background market is weird. Got a Really Big Sky background that was just a purplish blob. Sold for about 60 cents.
^_^ I don't even see them when I look at profile pages because I keep my browser & steam client window aspect ratios sane.

I suppose this was Second Life's model...

The Steam community doesn't seem to be working anymore :( Market doesn't seem to work either, I can't offload my left over cards, and I forgot what I had since I can't view my inventory anymore.

Final Haul:

Magical Diary - $3.74

They Bleed Pixels - $2.49

Bit.Trip.Runner 2 - $2.54

Skyward Collapse - $1.69

Valdis Story: Abyssal City - $3.74

Tropico DLC's - $3.96

Anno 2070 Complete Edition - $12.49

Cook, Serve, Delicious! - $2.49

Guacamelee! Gold Edition - $3.74

Gnomoria - $1.99

Reus - $2.49

The Bridge - $1.49

La-Mulana - $1.49

Total = $44.34

I feel a little dirty for buying Anno, but I've really been wanting it for awhile now. I kind of regret not picking up Long Live the Queen but hopefully it will be in a bundle or on sale for cheaper soonish. I was also really bummed Shogun II wasn't cheaper. I've really been wanting that game + the expansion + all the DLC for a long time but it just refuses to either get a price drop or a complete bundle. I was also pretty disappointed with the lack of 75% off deals this year. There was a lot of good stuff on sale but it seemed like most of it was 50% off or less.

Been playing Valdis Story for a couple hours. Yes, this game is awesome, I'm loving it. It was a nice surprise to me, since I didn't knew about it until this sale. It really reminds me of castlevania SotN in certain ways.

If you like the style, go grab it (and cards are valued around $0.22. 3 cards), you won't regret it

My final haul:

Steam:

The Bridge

Legend of Dungeon

Rest of the pinball fx2 tables besides dr strange

Wizardry Pack

Steam gifted: 

Bioshock Infinite Season pass

Dishonored GOTY

Don't Starve

Thirty Flights of Loving

Amazon:

Bit Trip Beat

Far Cry 3 Deluxe

Quantum Conundrum

Teleglitch DLC

GOG Gift:

The Witcher 2

Been playing Valdis Story for a couple hours. Yes, this game is awesome, I'm loving it. It was a nice surprise to me, since I didn't knew about it until this sale. It really reminds me of castlevania SotN in certain ways.

If you like the style, go grab it (and cards are valued around $0.22. 3 cards), you won't regret it
I also recommend it. I should probably re-play through it on Steam for cheesemints.

My final haul:

Steam:

The Bridge

Legend of Dungeon

Rest of the pinball fx2 tables besides dr strange

Wizardry Pack

Steam gifted:

Bioshock Infinite Season pass

Dishonored GOTY

Don't Starve

Thirty Flights of Loving

Amazon:

Bit Trip Beat

Far Cry 3 Deluxe

Quantum Conundrum

Teleglitch DLC

GOG Gift:

The Witcher 2
be09aaf228b98c2eb3c49b4690f27c7adbf569519349f36cec1b829330e8490a.jpg

I love it too. Bosses are hard, but after dying to them a bunch I typically can get down the pattern and can beat them

I bought Valdis Story too, glad to hear you guys are liking it. I remember seeing it on Kickstarter and thinking it looked promising, but kinda clunky. Also note that it is from the developers of Legend of Fae, which took a couple years to be bundled, so hopefully it's safe for now. ;)

Price Glitches I Missed

1. Borderlands 2: GOTY 75%
  2. Awesomenauts - Starstorm Expansion 75%
  3. Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes DLCs 75%

My Haul

Myq5aLa.jpg

What I Really Need

capsule_467x181.jpg

Wishlist for 2014

20120322.png

Final Haul:

Magical Diary - $3.74

They Bleed Pixels - $2.49

Bit.Trip.Runner 2 - $2.54

Skyward Collapse - $1.69

Valdis Story: Abyssal City - $3.74

Tropico DLC's - $3.96

Anno 2070 Complete Edition - $12.49

Cook, Serve, Delicious! - $2.49

Guacamelee! Gold Edition - $3.74

Gnomoria - $1.99

Reus - $2.49

The Bridge - $1.49

La-Mulana - $1.49

Total = $44.34

I feel a little dirty for buying Anno, but I've really been wanting it for awhile now. I kind of regret not picking up Long Live the Queen but hopefully it will be in a bundle or on sale for cheaper soonish. I was also really bummed Shogun II wasn't cheaper. I've really been wanting that game + the expansion + all the DLC for a long time but it just refuses to either get a price drop or a complete bundle. I was also pretty disappointed with the lack of 75% off deals this year. There was a lot of good stuff on sale but it seemed like most of it was 50% off or less.
Whenever I see Anno I think Anal so...yeah

My (late) Haul post

Bought on Steam:

La-Mulana (regretted this purchase)

Legend of Dungeon

Super Hexagon 2-pack

Deus Ex Invisible War

BIT.TRIP FATE

Don't Starve Soundtrack(at glitched price)

Don't Starve(at glitched price, went in inventory)

PixelJunk Eden

Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut - Soundtrack Edition

Savant - Ascent

Eversion

Total spent: $30.98 in GabeN funbux

Gifted to me on Steam:

Papers Please(from secret Santa)

The Walking Dead Season 2(from non-CAG friend)

Total spent: FREE!

Groupees Bundle:

Blood of the Werewolf

Gentlemen!

Driftmoon(not fully on Steam yet)

Doctor Who Adventures Season 1(not fully on Steam yet)

Draw A Stickman EPIC

Total spent: $2.50 in real monies

Won from Carlmundo streams:

Nether - Chosen level

StarForge

Gun Monkeys

Free from Steam:

Alan Wake Bonus Materials DLC

I already owned Left 4 Dead 2 :p

Won from websites/keys given to me by other people:

Closure

Ether Vapor Remaster

Overlord + Overlord Raising Hell

Neighbors From Hell Compilation

Eufloria

Greed Corp

Solar 2

Sacraboar

Chainz 2 Relinked

Dollar Dash

Majesty 2

Musaic Box

Display Fusion

Frozen Hearth

Blackwell Deception

Broken Sword Director's Cut

Grand total spent:
$30.98 in GabeN funbux + $2.50 in real monies = $33.48

I haven't started my Steam complaining in earnest, but I'll get warmed up.  Just got a coupon for 50% off Crusader Kings II.  I already own it.  Steam knows this of course, so on top of basically cookieing the shit out of my games list, then spamming me with a coupon using said information, they couldn't even be bothered to give me a coupon for something I don't have.  

My (late) Haul post

Bought on Steam:
La-Mulana (regretted this purchase)
Legend of Dungeon
Super Hexagon 2-pack
Deus Ex Invisible War
BIT.TRIP FATE
Don't Starve Soundtrack(at glitched price)
Don't Starve(at glitched price, went in inventory)
PixelJunk Eden
Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut - Soundtrack Edition
Savant - Ascent
Eversion

Total spent: $30.98 in GabeN funbux

Gifted to me on Steam:
Papers Please(from secret Santa)
The Walking Dead Season 2(from non-CAG friend)

Groupees Bundle:
Blood of the Werewolf
Gentlemen!
Driftmoon(not fully on Steam yet)
Doctor Who Adventures Season 1(not fully on Steam yet)
Draw A Stickman EPIC

Total spent: $2.50 in real monies

Won from Carlmundo streams:
Nether - Chosen level
StarForge
Gun Monkeys

Free from Steam:
Alan Wake Bonus Materials DLC
I already owned Left 4 Dead 2 :p

Won from websites/keys given to me by other people:
Closure
Ether Vapor Remaster
Overlord + Overlord Raising Hell
Neighbors From Hell Compilation
Eufloria
Greed Corp
Solar 2
Sacraboar
Chainz 2 Relinked
Dollar Dash
Majesty 2
Musaic Box
Display Fusion
Frozen Hearth
Blackwell Deception
Broken Sword Director's Cut

Grand total spent:
$30.98 in GabeN funbux + $2.50 in real monies = $33.48
Do you regret La-Mulana because of the difficulty? That's why I passed on it.

My larger than expected haul:

Steam:
  • La-Mulana = $1.49 (Steam Wallet)
  • The Bridge = $1.49 (Steam Wallet)
  • Solar 2 = $1.99
  • Reus = 2.49
  • Rise of the Triad = $2.99
  • Pinball FX2 DLC = $9.42
  • Penny Arcade OTRSPOD 4 = $1.49
  • Papers, Please = $4.99
  • Guacamelee Gold = $3.74
  • Wargame Pack = $11.00
  • CoJ: Gunslinger + FC3: Blood Dragon = $8.49 (Steam Wallet)
  • Don't Starve = $2.00 (trade forum, missed the glitch)
  • Dirt 3 = $6.24
  • Giana Sisters Owlverlord DLC = $0.99
  • PixelJunk Eden = $0.99
  • The Swapper = $5.09
  • Legend of Dungeon = $1.49 (Steam Wallet)
  • Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves = $3.74
  • Ys Origin = $4.99
  • Ys 1+2 Chronicles = $3.74
  • Bioshock Infinite: Season Pass = $4.99
  • Iron Brigade = $3.74 (Steam Wallet)
  • Natural Selection 2 = $2.49 (Steam Wallet)
  • Bit.Trip Runner 2 = $2.54 (Steam Wallet)
  • Valdis Story: Abyssal City = $3.74
  • LIMBO = FREE (giveaway from voken)
  • A Valley Without Wind 1+2 = FREE (giveaway from Trusty Mutsi)
Total Spent = $95.36 (Total Real Money Spent = $73.63)

Amazon Steam Keys:
  • Castlevania: Lords of Shadow = $10.19 (used $5 gift card from Bing)
  • Aliens: Colonial Marines = $1.99
  • Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons = $5.99 (used $5 gift card from Bing)
  • XCOM: Enemy Within DLC = $9.99 (used $5 gift card from Bing)
Total Spent = $28.16 (Total Real Money Spent = $13.16)

Overall Total Spent = $123.52 (Total Real Money Spent = $86.79)

Ok we doing these now? leggo!!

Games I bought from Steam:

9.03 m
Amnesia: Machine For Pigs(regretted it)
Antichamber
Assault Android Cactus
Batman Origins Season Pass
Beatbuddy
Bit Trip Fate
Blood Symphony
The Bridge
Brothers
Castle of Illusion
Contagion
Demonicon
DLC Quest
Doorways
Ducktales
Dustforce
Eldritch
Enslaved
FORCED
Gravity Badgers
Homefront
How To Survive
Ms. Splosion Man
Nihilumbra
Papers, Please
Paranautical Activity
Payday 2
Race the Sun
Remember Me
Resident Evil Revelations
Risk of Rain
Savant: Ascent
Sequence
Spelunky
State Of Decay
Steamworld Dig
Super Hexagon
Strike Suit Infinity
Sword of the Stars: The Pit Gold
Teleglitch
Teslagrad
Transformers War for Cybertron
Viscera Cleanup Detail: Santa's Rampage
Wooden Sen'sey
VVVVVV
Wrack

Total spent: aorund $90

Games gifted to me: Nimble Quest(secret santa)

And im still bored after getting all these games ;(

Do you regret La-Mulana because of the difficulty? That's why I passed on it.
No, I really love difficult games. I regretted it because the controls are asinine. Why the developer decided to break the jumping controls in a platformer game I do not know.

In fact I wrote a review about the game and why I did NOT recommend it and every person that disagreed with me pretty much said "you hate difficult games" when I even began the review saying "I love difficult games and platformers but this game has broken controls". Platformers are my favorite genre and La-Mulana is garbage.

Speaking of traditions (posting hauls, complaining about the sale, etc) - whatever happened to utopianmachine and Spoony? Are they still around? Miss their posts....

This is a very interesting game to me over at daily royal: always Remember Me

It's currently up for Greenlighting on Steam, but the question is, will I get a Steam key for it after having bought it through indie, or does that completely depend on the publisher/dev asking to do so. the greenlight FAQ states they get as many keys for prior customers as they want, but is that a given through sites like Indie or no?

It's currently up for Greenlighting on Steam, but the question is, will I get a Steam key for it after having bought it through indie, or does that completely depend on the publisher/dev asking to do so. the greenlight FAQ states they get as many keys for prior customers as they want, but is that a given through sites like Indie or no?
They will end up bundling it. Hold firm! They had a big Winter Wolves bundle over at groupees awhile ago. Planet Stronghold was bundled twice, I imagine this one will also hit a bundle at some point. 3.99 just seems a bit steep for it IMO

I think one of the things that sets it apart for me is that while a lot of indie games these days are retro style they still are modern in their own way and most of them tend to be campy and/or whimsical. Valdis story to me is[/i[ retro, it doesn't seem like a new game, it seems like some lost SNES game that I never knew about and am playing on an emulator (it's actually made with Game Maker FWIW).

Considering Winter Wolves is giving Steam keys for existing owners of Loren the Amazon Princess I would say so, that yes you will get a Steam key if it gets greenlit.

Might be one of those deals where you have to email and request it though. He's apparently concerned that storing a bunch of Steam keys server side might get them hacked. *shrug*

Anyway I think he mentioned on his Greenlight pages for his various games that he would give Steam keys. I'm looking forward to getting my Loren keys soon. :D/

They will end up bundling it. Hold firm! They had a big Winter Wolves bundle over at groupees awhile ago. Planet Stronghold was bundled twice, I imagine this one will also hit a bundle at some point. 3.99 just seems a bit steep for it IMO
That was one of the worst selling Groupees bundles ever and I don't think this daily royale is moving that quick either. I'm not so sure it will get bundled. I don't know if Groupees would touch his stuff again though to be fair they did do an all niche bundle instead of mixing the genres like they usually do and they also didn't promote it much and had another more high profile bundle going on at the same time.

Looks like the snow globe market officially bottomed out at around 12-13 cents and is now back on the rise (currently around 18 cents).  If you have any leftover cards you need to buy (and you can't get a CAG to trade), now might be a good time to do it as it looks like they're going to end up back in the low 20 cent range by the end of the sale.  Or maybe it's better to wait until tomorrow around noon and see if people start panicking again.  Who knows, the market be crazy.

That was one of the worst selling Groupees bundles ever and I don't think this daily royale is moving that quick either. I'm not so sure it will get bundled. I don't know if Groupees would touch his stuff again though to be fair they did do an all niche bundle instead of mixing the genres like they usually do and they also didn't promote it much and had another more high profile bundle going on at the same time.
Planet Stronghold was in another bundle other than the Groupees one....it was a over at indiebundle.org or something...but it was bundled again. He's just looking for too much for this games IMO.

Looks like the snow globe market officially bottomed out at around 12-13 cents and is now back on the rise (currently around 18 cents). If you have any leftover cards you need to buy (and you can't get a CAG to trade), now might be a good time to do it as it looks like they're going to end up back in the low 20 cent range by the end of the sale. Or maybe it's better to wait until tomorrow around noon and see if people start panicking again. Who knows, the market be crazy.
The Holiday Sale 2013 Emoticon are going up in price, the rare ones have jumped up at least 50 cents in the last few hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back