CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
New Thread:

This thread has been replaced by TSDT v11 :wave:

Daily Deal:
Please check the Steam homepage.

Weeklong Deals:
Steam usually has week-long deals that change on Mondays at 6PM UTC. They mostly feature indie games, and may not run every week.

Sale summary lists:

Key:
⤷ indicates DLC, — specifies part of a pack, + shows alternative versions, ⚠ highlights things worth knowing, ♫ is obvious, and ... denotes a multi-pack.

Holiday Sale 2013 | 19/12/13 through 3/1/14:
Days 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14.

Spring/Autumn Sale 2013 | 27/11/13 through 3/12/13:
All days.

Steam deals on other stores: (Related threads on CAG.)

Indie* bundle threads: (*Not always indie, nor always a bundle.)

Free stuff:
There are quite a few free games (mostly Free to Play) and mods available via the Steam platform, a comprehensive list of which can be found in this thread on the SPUF.
(NOTE: free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.)

Past Steam Deals Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
that movie's gonna suck

i hope steve erkel plays batman
Dude no, that would be way too good. Christopher Mintz-Plasse as Batman, Zac Efron as Superman, and Ben Stiller as Brainiac.

fuck throw in Anton Yelchin too since he's a tiny white dude. Idk if Michael Cera is an option now since he's p much Eisenberg and it would get confusing

For those familiar with the Legacy of Kain games are they more action/combat or puzzle/platform?  Even though it was $2.50 for the lot I decided to pass up during the EC blowout -- especially being sidetracked with Steamalur.  I'm sure they'll return to another acceptably low price during one of Squeenix's bi-weekly sales but just wanted to tap the pulse of you peeps and see how the games actually play.

For those familiar with the Legacy of Kain games are they more action/combat or puzzle/platform? Even though it was $2.50 for the lot I decided to pass up during the EC blowout -- especially being sidetracked with Steamalur. I'm sure they'll return to another acceptably low price during one of Squeenix's bi-weekly sales but just wanted to tap the pulse of you peeps and see how the games actually play.
neither, they're seduce me knock offs

For those familiar with the Legacy of Kain games are they more action/combat or puzzle/platform? Even though it was $2.50 for the lot I decided to pass up during the EC blowout -- especially being sidetracked with Steamalur. I'm sure they'll return to another acceptably low price during one of Squeenix's bi-weekly sales but just wanted to tap the pulse of you peeps and see how the games actually play.
Does it matter? It's not like you'd like them either way.

They're actually kind of both. Soul Reaver games are more exploration and puzzle based. Defiance is fairly action heavy (and fun, for the time, not sure if it held up). Soul Reavers I would compare to say early Tomb Raiders, where you're off exploring massive areas and pushing boxes, flipping switches, etc and then fighting the occassional enemy in pretty basic combat. Also has metroidvania elements as you fight bosses and take their abilities to access new areas and secrets.

UFO: Afterlight is now free if you own the old version, there should be 2 UFO: Afterlight in your library.

In the stream chat for all of 10 seconds and already won. WTH are you in love with me Carl?
610b53688b5aae933cacef2a2357cdeffb4c043b65aef37a5b3588d848c44ab5.jpg

if you start the game before the free weekend is over, you can play it indefinitely until you close the game or Windows crashes. (windows usually crashes by tuesday) beat the game, then you don't need it anymore. I did this with Dead Island Riptide
Torchlight II transformed into demo and I wasn't able to continue. So probably depends if game checks ownership while in-game or just on startup.

Well folks, January is over, and my "no new games outside of Humble Bundles until Black Friday" resolution begins.

If I can stay strong, you probably won't see much of me outside the humble thread. I'll also hopefully be a bit active in the Steam Borderlands group.

Thanks to everyone for all the fun and deal support. This community is awesome.

I plan to now play this metric ton of games I've bought over the last few years. First up? Bioshock Infinite, Sleeping Dogs, and the Day Z mod :)

I'm thinking about trying to do the four in February thing this year.

If I've got a game that I played to about 80% completion in January, does it still count as one of the four games if I then beat it in February?

Well folks, January is over, and my "no new games outside of Humble Bundles until Black Friday" resolution begins.

If I can stay strong, you probably won't see much of me outside the humble thread. I'll also hopefully be a bit active in the Steam Borderlands group.

Thanks to everyone for all the fun and deal support. This community is awesome.

I plan to now play this metric ton of games I've bought over the last few years. First up? Bioshock Infinite, Sleeping Dogs, and the Day Z mod :)
Biodog Infin-Z?

They're actually kind of both. Soul Reaver games are more exploration and puzzle based. Defiance is fairly action heavy (and fun, for the time, not sure if it held up). Soul Reavers I would compare to say early Tomb Raiders, where you're off exploring massive areas and pushing boxes, flipping switches, etc and then fighting the occassional enemy in pretty basic combat. Also has metroidvania elements as you fight bosses and take their abilities to access new areas and secrets.
Thanks for info. I'm not too keen on the older Tomb Raider type games. Similarly was disappointed when Darksiders turned out to be more platforming than hacking and slashing (haven't gotten around to the sequel yet). Was a great price for the pack but my backlog is over a year long now. Maybe they will be in the infamous Humble Squeenix Bundle.

Anyone else?
Corpekata comparison to early Tomb Raider is pretty apt... Though if my memories are correct the Soul Reaver series had better and more frequent combat.

You should try them at some point... They where steller AAA titles in terms of product and reviews when they came out. Truth be told I'm not sure why Edios stopped releasing them... Well, outside of being Edios. Man, they could kill an IP with too many releases or by completely ignoring it.

Out of curiosity - is that only humble bundles or only bundles (bundlestars, groupees, indie gala, etc)?
No new games except for Humble Bundles, Groupees, Blink Bundle, Bundlestars, GetGamesGo, Nuuvem, GreenManGaming, MacGamesStore, Flying Bundle, Indie Game Stand, Indie Face Kick, Ikoid, Shady-Russian-Key-Scans.com, GameFly, Impulse, GOG, Amazon and maaaayybeee Steam, but only if it's a mid-week or weekend deal.

No new games except for Humble Bundles, Groupees, Blink Bundle, Bundlestars, GetGamesGo, Nuuvem, GreenManGaming, MacGamesStore, Flying Bundle, Indie Game Stand, Indie Face Kick, Ikoid, Shady-Russian-Key-Scans.com, GameFly, Impulse, GOG, Amazon and maaaayybeee Steam, but only if it's a mid-week or weekend deal.
sounds a bit stringent to me

Any bundle.
"Humble Bundle? That's a bundle. Groupees? That's a bundle. Land-Sea Pack on Amazon? That's a bundle. GetGamesGo 2-for-15? You know that's a bundle. Skyrim GOTY? Comes with three DLC... sounds like a bundle to me!..."

:mrgreen:

Having dipped into my bundle backlog, I'd suggest you're better off getting a new $5.99 discounted AAA title every few months than nine crappy bundle games (unless you see something with a real gem, of course). Not that it's any of my business how/if you buy stuff.

Hey guys I have a couple 75% off coupons to give away. They expire in the next couple weeks and I'm not going to use them.  You guys have been so helpful in the past so I wanna give back :)

-75% Avencast

-75% Enclave

LMK if you want them!  Steam name is Lord_Zath

Am I the only one seriously considering throwing $25 at a CAG resaler to get South Park: The Stick Of Truth pre-purchased....?

I mean, who pays that kind of money for a Steam game nowadays?  ....But its South Park - I love that show....  :whistle2:k

Hey guys I have a couple 75% off coupons to give away. They expire in the next couple weeks and I'm not going to use them. You guys have been so helpful in the past so I wanna give back :)

-75% Avencast

-75% Enclave

LMK if you want them! Steam name is Lord_Zath
I'd certainly take 75% off Enclave.

EDIT:

TYSM for the offer.

Though, I just got Fatality's key-drop for Enclave! :D

Thanks, +1 game. I was thinking it was something different other than what it ended up being after I redeemed it though. Another medieval dungeon-crawling RPG. Yay. I'm having enough trouble forcing myself to play Skyrim.
It was a good game when it came out, with a good diversity of classes. But that was like, over 10 years ago.

Damn you guys, making me think I could get a free steam game... only to discover I already have it.

UFO: Afterlight is now free if you own the old version, there should be 2 UFO: Afterlight in your library.
So, I wasted a UFO: Afterlight key? Crap... now the CAGstone cops are going to be after me.

ref

Am I the only one seriously considering throwing $25 at a CAG resaler to get South Park: The Stick Of Truth pre-purchased....?

I mean, who pays that kind of money for a Steam game nowadays? ....But its South Park - I love that show.... :whistle2:k
I'm more excited because it's an Obsidian RPG that's been ruthlessly jerked around by publishers, which tends to mean I'll enjoy it.

I mean, who pays that kind of money for a Steam game nowadays? ....But its South Park - I love that show.... :whistle2:k
Interesting. I have a pre-order locked in at Amazon for $31 after tax, but that's a better deal and Steam. My suspicion is my Amazon pre-order is going to turn into a Uplay key...which I don't necessarily mind, but then it's more expensive too.

I'm actually strongly considering this as well, even though I haven't watched a full South Park episode in a few years. It comes out in a month (and 3 days) and beats the lowest pre-order price (Amazon) by $19.99.

It might be worth taking a leap of faith for something I'd immediately play on March 4th. Hmm... I feel very compulsive right now. Damn the temptation. :joystick:

Edit: Hah. I just realized this post was basically my internal monologue about decision in a post. 8-[ my apologies...

All of us love a good deal, but don't let CAG warp your mind into believing 60% off is a bad deal for a new release you want.
Man, that's deep. So spot-on accurate.....

I pulled the trigger. Thanks, fellow CAGs, for helping me arrive at the decision I wanted to make without feeling remorse in the process. :)

Man, that's deep. So spot-on accurate.....

I pulled the trigger. Thanks, fellow CAGs, for helping me arrive at the decision I wanted to make without feeling remorse in the process. :)
One of the most memorable moments in Tom Clancy's novel "Without Remorse" is when the main character, John Kelly, interrogates a suspect using a hyperbolic chamber...repeatedly raising and lower the pressure.

1054058_2944_625x1000.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back