The stick it, swirl it, smell it OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='darthbudge']This line to get books is absolutely insane.[/QUOTE]

Do you rent textbooks, or does the school make you buy them?

[quote name='manthing']Do you rent textbooks, or does the school make you buy them?[/QUOTE]

Rent? That's an interesting concept.

If you're buying books, budge, get a list of ISBN numbers and go home and pop them into Half.com.

Wizards of the Coast sent about 1000 of those free M:TG decks to our Housing Department. But since our university won't give them out, I have about 200 of them now.

[quote name='manthing']Some smaller schools buy all the texts, and then students rent them from the school for the semester[/QUOTE]

Interesting, never knew that.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Rent? That's an interesting concept.

If you're buying books, budge, get a list of ISBN numbers and go home and pop them into Half.com.[/QUOTE]

Check out bigwords.com too. Compares prices from a shitload of online bookstores from Abebooks to Valor and most of the reputable ones in between. Also includes Chegg where you rent books.. but that's a rip.

The uberbot is pretty awesome.. with his bad list of jokes.

Budge, check Amazon....my sis started college yesterday and she's doing her book shopping at Amazon because she found them cheaper.

-------------------

No Recon for you today, TFN?

[quote name='TheRock88']Interesting, never knew that.[/QUOTE]

I'd imagine that public colleges renting texts are becoming more scarce with all of the state budget deficits.

if you can get the online version of your book it's like $20 usually.

the school library always has a copy of the teacher's edition of text books... it's a hassle going back and forth to copy what you need but if you really want to save $ that's your best bet.

Amazon does not have great prices for books.

Half.com is solid.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Mix Master Munch, did you buy the GH5 Bundle from Frys.com yesterday?[/QUOTE]

of course not. I don't need it. And don't call me that.

[quote name='lordwow']Wizards of the Coast sent about 1000 of those free M:TG decks to our Housing Department. But since our university won't give them out, I have about 200 of them now.[/QUOTE]

eBay.

Speaking of, I need to eBay that collector's card they gave as a promo for buying M:TG XBLA.

I am gonna buy a lot of my books online, but there are two of them that I need by the end of the week and I don't have any money to buy them with, but the bookstore will give me a book loan thingy.

[quote name='darthbudge']I am gonna buy a lot of my books online, but there are two of them that I need by the end of the week and I don't have any money to buy them with, but the bookstore will give me a book loan thingy.[/QUOTE]

A lot of universities will let you buy books and return them in . Keep your receipt, be careful with the book, and in the meantime, try to scrounge up the cash to buy them on half and return the original books to the bookstore for a refund. This way you have what you need until you can get your cheap copy off the interwebs.

[quote name='munch']Hey stoneface, why aren't you :cool:[/QUOTE]

I dunno, I've looked into it. Probably would have done it myself by now if I had a desktop.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Ho-lee sh!t.

Why hasn't anyone posted this here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4PMRFkx07g

CTF is my absolute favorite objective gametype and it's why I still play WAW, glad to see they got it into MW2. Now that I think about it, when the 360 launched all I played for months was CTF in COD2.[/QUOTE]

Kayden posted it earlier.

CTF is a huge plus to me.

[quote name='st0neface']I dunno, I've looked into it. Probably would have done it myself by now if I had a desktop.[/QUOTE]

What kind of drive do you have? It's the best $30 you'll ever spend if you can't do it yourself.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']You are a fucking tank in that game. Crazy how much they upped the damage that you take.[/QUOTE]

What the hell are you talking about?

Again, I don't know. There's a guy in town that does it for $35. I think there's something in my brain that prevents me from spending small amounts of money to upgrade things like that, or something. It's just like how I have a ballin' cd deck that's been gathering dust in my closet since I bought it but haven't gotten the wiring harness and bracket. It's a bizarre combination of broke, lazy, and forgetful, I suppose.

Sure Mojimbo doesn't talk but he listens and is always where he's supposed to be, Linkin on the other hand, how he hasn't been fired or accidentally killed himself by now, I'll never know.

[quote name='seanr1221']I'm kind of embarrassed to say I'm playing through Uncharted a second time :oops:[/QUOTE]

You wanna maybe send it to me when you're done?
__
As geeky and lame as it is, I have all-region choir in two weeks and I'm not even close to ready. I'm gonna have to work my ass off if I'm gonna make it.

[quote name='zewone']What the hell are you talking about?[/QUOTE]

Dude baconsizzlers the fucking rocket when he walks down the stairs and keeps on truckin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back