The Target Clearance Thread Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDirty

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Copied from OP of former Target Clearance threads* (Links Coming)

Winter 2k6 thread
Summer 2K5
Spring 2005 thread
Original Target Clearance Thread

Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to http://upcdata.info/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

Games that do not sell after being discounted are often donated to local Goodwills for sale at their retail stores, so check there when the clearance items dissappear.

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

*Thanks to CheapyD and BigDirty for the info*

Keep it on topic or your post may be deleted to prune down the thread size.

[quote name='thebob101']I just found Civil War for 360 for $13 (it didn't have the normal clearance sticker on it, it was an "As Is" sticker).

I also saw Warcraft III Frozen Throne for $5, couple of Civilization games ($10-15) and Dark Messiah: Might and Magic for $25.

The Target is in Hyattsville, MD.[/quote]

damn, i would love to find Civil War for that price

the cameras are likely just recording and don't have a person watching them all the time. the only reason they would need to watch the video is if someone did steal something (and was caught) and they use the video for evidence.

so even though the cameras are everywhere, the chance of you actually being seen is relatively low.

that being said i've tried hiding a copy of monster 4x4 at my target several times, only to find it put right back with the rest of the clearance stuff. the dog food area was great until the whole pet food recall... and guess what mine was behind... recalled food :)

now i'm just leaving it there because if anyone wants the game at anything above $20 i say let them have it. it's worth far less to me.

I just don't know that hiding the stuff is the right thing to do. It's great for the potential cheapy buyer because they're almost guranteed their copy of X when it drops to 75% off... but it hurts the store, because they may have sold it at 30% or 50% off. =\

If you shop at a busy store, chances of hiding something and it still being there are slim. Busy stores get shopped hard, with stuff winding up all over the place at the end of the night. Most things are found and put back in the right place.

[quote name='ogbaka']was this prey for pc or 360? doom 3 for box or pc? thz[/QUOTE]

Saw them both for PC at that price today. Picked up Prey. : )

[quote name='guinaevere']I just don't know that hiding the stuff is the right thing to do. It's great for the potential cheapy buyer because they're almost guranteed their copy of X when it drops to 75% off... but it hurts the store, because they may have sold it at 30% or 50% off. =\[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, that's the funniest thing I've ever heard!

does anyone know when target will drop price on 360 games... i got couple at $14.98+tax but if it drops more, i will wait to open them for the stop said i can get a price difference. thz

[quote name='ogbaka']does anyone know when target will drop price on 360 games... i got couple at $14.98+tax but if it drops more, i will wait to open them for the stop said i can get a price difference. thz[/QUOTE]

Video game clearance hit on Mondays but it might not happen every Monday. Also, they don't do the price difference on clearance items, only way for it to work is to return them and try to get them to sell it you again which I am guessing you are shooting for.

[quote name='Roufuss']I have to assume Prey is for PC, since Doom 3 for PC has been on clearance lately... but yea, I'd like confirmation on this too, because I'd snag Prey for PC for $5.[/quote]

I had asked him earlier - he said they were all PC.

[quote name='Orrimarrko']I had asked him earlier - he said they were all PC.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, someone I know grabbed me a copy and sold it to me for $9 shipped... it sure beats driving an hour (each way) to the only Target I know that has it.

Here is what else I found for PC... didn't buy anything though:

Civilization IV: Warlords - $7.48 and $14.98 (two different stores)
Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne - $4.98
Hitman: Blood Money - $20.98
Condemned - $14.98
Caesar IV - $14.98 (I think)
Civcity: Rome - $19.98
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic - $9.98 and $19.98 (two different stores)

I will definitely go back this Monday and check again for Condemned and Hitman... I'll get them for $7 and some change and $14.98, respectively.

[quote name='Roufuss']Thanks, someone I know grabbed me a copy and sold it to me for $9 shipped... it sure beats driving an hour (each way) to the only Target I know that has it.

Here is what else I found for PC... didn't buy anything though:

Civilization IV: Warlords - $7.48 and $14.98 (two different stores)[/quote]

Which local store had Warlords for $7.48? I've been waiting for it to drop to that price, but it was still $14.98 at the 9th St. N. Target earlier this week.

[quote name='elmyra']Which local store had Warlords for $7.48? I've been waiting for it to drop to that price, but it was still $14.98 at the 9th St. N. Target earlier this week.[/QUOTE]

It is the Pinellas Park Target... it's at the very end of electronics in a 30% off clearance endcap on the back wall in some children's books and children's software. It's marked $7.48, they only had ONE LEFT THOUGH!!!

If you stop by the Target on 9th this Monday for whatever reason, and games have dropped, let me know... I'll be going that afternoon, I'm mostly just waiting for Condemned and Hitman to drop one more time.

[quote name='Roufuss']It is the Pinellas Park Target... it's at the very end of electronics in a 30% off clearance aisle in some children's books and children's software. It's marked $7.48, they only had ONE LEFT THOUGH!!![/quote]
Thanks! I'm headed out to Clearwater in a little while anyway, I'll stop by and see if it's still there. If not, 9th. St. will probably hit $7.48 Monday. I was just worried they'd disappear locally rather than going 75% off, that sems to happen a lot lately.

Oh, and I'll definitely let you know about price drops on those games if I see them on Monday.

[quote name='elmyra']Thanks! I'm headed out to Clearwater in a little while anyway, I'll stop by and see if it's still there. If not, 9th. St. will probably hit $7.48 Monday. I was just worried they'd disappear locally rather than going 75% off, that sems to happen a lot lately.

Oh, and I'll definitely let you know about price drops on those games if I see them on Monday.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

They had two or three Hitman's and two or three Condemned's, as well as a shitload, at least 11 + of Dark Messiah for $9.98.

This Civ 4 Warlords isn't with the other PC clearance stuff, so I don't think anyone is really going to scoop it up before you get there. It's the new Super Target they just built next to the movie theater, too.

If you get a chance to stop by the Clearwater Super Target on US 19, share what they have ;)

I love how Target jumps the gun so damn quick on clearancing PC games.

Stopped by Target today and bought Dark Messiah for 10 bucks and Condemned for 7.50.

I also saw Warhammer Mark of Chaos for 25.

No Wii games were clearanced at my store. >

My target really sucks for clearance stuff!!!!! (although it was good about the wii launch seeing as I got mine on launch day from them easily after failing at walmart earlier that morning)

But anyways, the only clearanced game they had in the entire store was Left Behind: Eternal Forces for the PC and it was around $15 still. I was really hoping to score Chicken Little for the Wii (which I didn't care about until I read some good reviews that said it is similar to Ratchet and Clank) or something decent at least.

Oh well, at least I got to pick up a 256 mb flash drive for $8 which I was in need of.

And while I was there I saw a guy and his wife (???) that had a pricing gun and were checking the games section for possible clearance stuff. This was in the Target in St. Mary's in Maryland by the way. I wonder if an employee just let them have the pricing gun or something...

At least my day wasn't a total failure because the Best Buy in that area still had a few clearance items.

My target today had 20+ Kameo for $7.48. I'd been watching for a while and it looks like no one has really touched em.

Saw Last Night At my last TARGET..Time to Start the week long rounds again.

FARCRY XBOX 360 $19.98
Ninety Nine Nights $20.98
DOA 4 XBOX360 $24.98

No Wii Games. :cry:

Wii games are on sale in the Galesburg, IL Target (Area Code 61401)

Avatar, Cars, Chicken Little, GT Pro Racer, Excite Truck were all either $24.95 or $34.95. Hope this helps anyone looking for Wii games!

Thanks. I knew all the crap licensed kids games were on clearance along with the two Ubisoft racing games but didn't know about Excite Truck. That's insane that a game that good is already on clearance. I'll have to go pick it up now.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']What are the prices on those DS games? Metroid Prime Pinball and Sudoku would be nice at the right price.[/quote]

No... trust me you do not want Sudoku Gridmaster.
Pinball is fun though, I bought it for full retail in 2005.

Gah. Scanned one of the 10 copies of Viewtiful Joe DS on the shelf, and its out of the system already. Thats what I get for not checking there often. Oddly enough I scanned the upcs for most of the 360 games reported on clearance, most of them rang up full price, and others still at $25-30 ending in .98 - seems like those might be a couple cycles behind or something.

Ok, so I got the LOTR : BFME2 game for the 360 at $20.98. I read in this thread that the price had dropped and I still had the game unopened in my car. So I went in to see if I could have a price correction or return-and-re-buy. I was told that it wasn't possible on clearance items and that they have to be returned to corporate for repricing. It sounds like a crock to me. Just for fun, I then scanned the item into their system and it came up $29.99. What is up with that?

I just picked up Kameo for $7.50 from target. They had about twenty of them but they were behind in the book section on a clearance shelf with some pc games.

[quote name='guinaevere']I just don't know that hiding the stuff is the right thing to do. It's great for the potential cheapy buyer because they're almost guranteed their copy of X when it drops to 75% off... but it hurts the store, because they may have sold it at 30% or 50% off. =\[/quote]

It's extremely dishonest...but we're only allowed to talk about how scummy the people that do it are in the shopping morality thread.

[quote name='Decker']Ok, so I got the LOTR : BFME2 game for the 360 at $20.98. I read in this thread that the price had dropped and I still had the game unopened in my car. So I went in to see if I could have a price correction or return-and-re-buy. I was told that it wasn't possible on clearance items and that they have to be returned to corporate for repricing. It sounds like a crock to me. Just for fun, I then scanned the item into their system and it came up $29.99. What is up with that?[/quote]

I bought Mercenaries on clearance for 13.98 a few weeks before the best buy clearance. Got it for 5 at bb and returned one at the target by my house. The next day or the day after, I was there again and stumbled across that copy unmarked on the 19.99 shelf. A buddy of mine had wanted a copy if I found another so I rebought for 4.98. Since it went right back out, I think that means that "returning it to corporate" is bull.

By the way, when scanned on a customer scanner it rang up out of system, on the hand scanner the electronics guy had it was 4.98, and at the register it rang up out of system. When the cashier asked me how much it was and I told her what the guy had said she pretty much called me a liar and went to cust serv to find out the price. When she came back I rubbed it in her face for being such a jerk. It's cool for her to check on the correct price and not take a stranger on their word since that's her job, but to insult someone like that is uncool.

Sorry to ask this again, but what is the last digit of the price that signifies no further reductions? I know anything that ends in a 8 is likely to continue to drop.

Have my eye on a printer but hoping it will drop further.

[quote name='jdawgg76']By the way, when scanned on a customer scanner it rang up out of system, on the hand scanner the electronics guy had it was 4.98, and at the register it rang up out of system. When the cashier asked me how much it was and I told her what the guy had said she pretty much called me a liar and went to cust serv to find out the price. When she came back I rubbed it in her face for being such a jerk. It's cool for her to check on the correct price and not take a stranger on their word since that's her job, but to insult someone like that is uncool.[/QUOTE]

I think workers who hook up their friends are usually the only ones who challenge this. In all honesty why would a cashier really care. They receive a crappy paycheck and rarely do items sold at a lower clearance price come back on the cashier. I would have come back at the biotch too. Like you said it is cool if you want to cover your ass, but your in retail, which means your goal is to not piss off the customer.

I got Caesar IV for $7.48. The really cool thing is that is comes with the History Channel show "Rome: Engineering An Empire" on a DVD. Just a sleeve, but still, worth the change I slapped down.

Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this but I figured it's at least sort of related, so:
Is there a Wal-Mart Clearance Thread, or are Wal-Mart deals too YMMV to bother listing? I ask because I found a ton of games on clearance in the back of the electronics section of my Wal-Mart... picked up Phantasy Star Universe for 360 for $20.

The main reason a thread like this is worthwhile is that many people can find the same deals across the country (although Target seems to be becoming more variable in this regard). Walmart seems to be entirely different from store to store, so there's not much point in listing clearance items at Walmart.

[quote name='grendel19']Sorry to ask this again, but what is the last digit of the price that signifies no further reductions? I know anything that ends in a 8 is likely to continue to drop.

Have my eye on a printer but hoping it will drop further.[/QUOTE]
If it ends with a 4.

Check the first post for future reference.

Target in St. Louis on Lindbergh

Dark Messiah $10
Myst V $5
Spongebox Nightmare $5
JSF (Joint Strtike Force) $10

And the kicker
12 Month XBL $3.29

Sorry they only had one left!

[quote name='turls']Target in St. Louis on Lindbergh

And the kicker
12 Month XBL $3.29

Sorry they only had one left![/QUOTE]
SCORE!!!!!! Lucky you.

[quote name='turls']Target in St. Louis on Lindbergh

Dark Messiah $10
Myst V $5
Spongebox Nightmare $5
JSF (Joint Strtike Force) $10

And the kicker
12 Month XBL $3.29

Sorry they only had one left![/quote] Damn, that's the Target in my backyard. :wall:

Where the heck was that hiding? I was there yesterday to pick up FFIII. :whistle2:s

Another Target I was at, the one in Fenton, MO @ Gravois Bluffs has Splinter Cell: DA for PC for $19.98 and Prey for $9.98.

[quote name='ogbaka']is it official for the 75% off games? or YMMV. I still want to get price adjustment. thanks[/quote]
FYI, It is target's policy that there is no price adjustment on clearance stuff. You might get lucky if you have a clueless clerk.

[quote name='jdawgg76']I bought Mercenaries on clearance for 13.98 a few weeks before the best buy clearance. Got it for 5 at bb and returned one at the target by my house. The next day or the day after, I was there again and stumbled across that copy unmarked on the 19.99 shelf. A buddy of mine had wanted a copy if I found another so I rebought for 4.98. Since it went right back out, I think that means that "returning it to corporate" is bull.

By the way, when scanned on a customer scanner it rang up out of system, on the hand scanner the electronics guy had it was 4.98, and at the register it rang up out of system. When the cashier asked me how much it was and I told her what the guy had said she pretty much called me a liar and went to cust serv to find out the price. When she came back I rubbed it in her face for being such a jerk. It's cool for her to check on the correct price and not take a stranger on their word since that's her job, but to insult someone like that is uncool.[/QUOTE]

I was in a Target the other day and they had Dragon Quest VIII for ps2. Upon further inspection, under the target price tag was...(drum roll)...the remains of a Gamestop price tag...

[quote name='xdl']Gah. Scanned one of the 10 copies of Viewtiful Joe DS on the shelf, and its out of the system already. Thats what I get for not checking there often. Oddly enough I scanned the upcs for most of the 360 games reported on clearance, most of them rang up full price, and others still at $25-30 ending in .98 - seems like those might be a couple cycles behind or something.[/QUOTE]

I had the same problem - so I took it to Customer Service and told them I thought it had recently been on clearance. They honored the last clearance price...

It's not a clearance and I guess it could be YMMV but I was at 3 Target stores this morning and all of them had new temporary price reductions (that's PC term for a sale :roll:) of 20% off on a large selection (probably a dozen or so) of good NDS titles if anyone's interested in some $24 DS games. Mario 64, Spectrobes, I think Mario Kart and Sims 2 Pets, as well as others.

A copy of Spectrobes eliminated my Pokemon pre-reserve cards quite nicely. I should've gotten 2 of each stylus to maximize my benefits, but that probably would've been pushing my luck.

EDIT: Then as Roufuss points out it's not YMMV and probably really old news.

[quote name='fairtrade']It's not a clearance and I guess it could be YMMV but I was at 3 Target stores this morning and all of them had new temporary price reductions (that's PC term for a sale :roll:) of 20% off on a large selection (probably a dozen or so) of good NDS titles if anyone's interested in some $24 DS games. Mario 64, Spectrobes, I think Mario Kart and Sims 2 Pets, as well as others.

A copy of Spectrobes eliminated my Pokemon pre-reserve cards quite nicely. I should've gotten 2 of each stylus to maximize my benefits, but that probably would've been pushing my luck.[/QUOTE]

Those are all on sale this week in the weekly ad.

[quote name='daminion']the cameras are likely just recording and don't have a person watching them all the time. the only reason they would need to watch the video is if someone did steal something (and was caught) and they use the video for evidence.

so even though the cameras are everywhere, the chance of you actually being seen is relatively low.[/quote]

Not true I interviewed for loss prevention at target and there are undercover employees walking the floor at all times. What sections do you think they keep an eye on the most?

[quote name='spug21']
Not true I interviewed for loss prevention at target and there are undercover employees walking the floor at all times. What sections do you think they keep an eye on the most?[/QUOTE]

I worked for Target for awhile, and I can also verify this is true.

The entire LP staff at my store was undercover at all times... they never even introduced us to most of them, just the head LP guy, so we never knew if even WE were getting watched.

[quote name='EmeraldKing']XBL cards work for both Xbox and 360.[/QUOTE]
I know. That's why I asked, so I know what card to be on the look out for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back