The Target Clearance Thread Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDirty

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Copied from OP of former Target Clearance threads* (Links Coming)

Winter 2k6 thread
Summer 2K5
Spring 2005 thread
Original Target Clearance Thread

Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to http://upcdata.info/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

Games that do not sell after being discounted are often donated to local Goodwills for sale at their retail stores, so check there when the clearance items dissappear.

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

*Thanks to CheapyD and BigDirty for the info*

Keep it on topic or your post may be deleted to prune down the thread size.

Im upset because there is one Target in Cincinnati that has Kameo (There may be more, but I have been to about 4 different stores), and it is marked (and rings up as) $20.99. I will keep waiting for a better deal...

[quote name='donut']
Most of the stores around me have not reduced anything but the wii sling bag and dog tags....[/QUOTE]

Yeah, those, annoyingly enough, seem to be 100% consistent at each store (for being on clearance). If only the games were that way.

So it seems, in any case, that there were drops this week. That means I need to head WAY out to the one Target that I know of that had Barnyard and Chicken Little on clearance. Still, seems like too much effort even to get those two games for cheap. Meh...

Ugh..... ^&$*

The Dog Tag/Pin set was the #1 Wii swag I was trying to find, our store is frickin sold out and has been since around Christmas time. They never got more after the initial shipment :/

We have the lame magnet set though...

[quote name='io']
So it seems, in any case, that there were drops this week. That means I need to head WAY out to the one Target that I know of that had Barnyard and Chicken Little on clearance. Still, seems like too much effort even to get those two games for cheap. Meh...[/quote]

The only Target where I've seen the games on clearance is over an hour away for me. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little tempted, but...they could be sold out, or they could have not dropped, and I refuse to make a trip like that for a waste of time.

And with gas prices the way they are, unless I made a really good haul, I'd be breaking even.

Sometimes you win, and sometimes you miss out. This time, I'm missin' out.

It was just luck, i was not even looking for any deals but estumbled into this:

prey.jpg

im not sure if its a company wide clearance or what, but hey check it out

Yep. I got it for that price about a week ago. A few weeks back it was clearanced to $9.98 and I almost bought it. Then this past week I went and it was $4.98.

Definite drops this week. Found the following between 3 stores in the atlanta area today.

Two had the original xbox live 12 month card for 35 and one had it unmarked as clearance and it was 25! Oddly, this was the first drop for all 3 stores, so one skipped to 50% off as I scanned it at all 3 last week after someone posted that they found one on clearance. Remember you can use it w/360, too.

Most xbox accessories dropped a level in clearance. Mad catz memory card and some headset.

Might and Magic DM finally dropped to 10.

Splinter Cell DA (PC) dropped to 5.

Kameo dropped to 8.

I know a lot of people have already reported these sometimes weeks ago, but I figured I'd post for the local readers and so everyone knew it was a good week to recheck for pricedrops. By the way, I picked up a pair of 3 month original live kits for 10 from TRU last week, but since I picked up the $25 year card I could return them. The rub is that I need a pair of original xbox live headsets, so are the kit headsets good or are they junk and should I go for the ones on clearance at target? Thanks.

Hit the only store in my area that had any Wii clearance games. Last week they had a few of everything but were all still priced too high for me. Tonight all that was left was one copy of WSOP 2007 edition for $9.98. Meh, picked it up anyway...wth, a Wii game for $10. I don't think they could screw up a poker game that bad.

Picked up..

Condemned: Criminal Origins (PC) - $7.48
Buccaneer's Bounty (which includes 3 games - Patrician 3, Port Royale 2 & Tortuga: Pirates of the New World) (PC) - $4.98

They also had Messiah of Might & Magic (PC) - $9.98 and Happy Feet (PC) - $4.98 but I didn't get those.

NW Exp store in OKC:

picked up:
Wii chicken little for 9.98
Wii happy feet for 12.48

they also had Wii sling bags for 17.48 and old 12 month xbox live cards for 34.98

Zoo Keeper was marked to $00.00, there was an associate who saw me check the price and scanned it on a Telxon gun and said, "Just tell them it is $3.74" Mos def a YMMV, but not a bad deal for the Zoo Keeper.

I love nights like this one, my girlfriend called me a cheap ass without even knowing about this site because of my constant, "This is Target, it has a couple more clearances in it!" when I see a game with a red sticker marked down.

[quote name='soonerdoc']NW Exp store in OKC:

picked up:
Wii chicken little for 9.98
Wii happy feet for 12.48

they also had Wii sling bags for 17.48 and old 12 month xbox live cards for 34.98[/quote]

fuck you, fellow Okie. You're always taking all my Target phat lewts! That's why all my Targets blow! :p

[quote name='blandstalker']The only Target where I've seen the games on clearance is over an hour away for me. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little tempted, but...they could be sold out, or they could have not dropped, and I refuse to make a trip like that for a waste of time.

And with gas prices the way they are, unless I made a really good haul, I'd be breaking even.

Sometimes you win, and sometimes you miss out. This time, I'm missin' out.[/QUOTE]

I hear ya. Last week I tried calling the Target to see if the price had dropped. I wanted simply to give them the UPC over the phone and have them type it in and tell me what it was - didn't even want them to find the game. Well, I ask the woman who answers the store phone if she can do this and she says sure, then asks me what type of product it is. I say video game and promptly get transferred to the gaming area (d'oh! I didn't WANT that!). Then the guy there asks what I'm looking for and completely ignores my pleas to just look it up via UPC. So he goes over to look for Kameo, which I KNOW he will not find. Then he comes back and says he can't find it, and most likely since it is a 360 game it will be "between $50 and $60" :roll:. Finally I convince him to enter the UPC to look up the price. He tells me it is an invalid item so they don't carry it. The next day I went in and scanned my Kameo UPC just fine on the floor scanners only to find out it hadn't dropped from $20.98 the previous week.

So, anyway, my attempt to save time and gas was all for naught due to this nob's incompetance. Last week I had other reasons to head out that way at least. This week I don't really have a reason to drive 1/2 hour (each way) to a Target only to possibly get the 1 copy of Chicken Little that they had (and I hid, but was probably uncovered) at $9.98 (IF, it in fact dropped from $19.98).

So let's say I am interested in finding a way to make my $20 Dark Messiah purchase into a $10 DM purchase. Should I watch the Target I bought it at for a price drop that I may return/rebuy if unopened? Should I try running it to another Target?

So the clearanced Wii titles should pretty much be clearanced at all Targets, right? If so, I think I may just be able to get Super Paper Mario for dirt cheap from GameStop with that Trade in 2, Get 1 Free deal for Wii titles. :)

[quote name='Tsukento']So the clearanced Wii titles should pretty much be clearanced at all Targets, right? If so, I think I may just be able to get Super Paper Mario for dirt cheap from GameStop with that Trade in 2, Get 1 Free deal for Wii titles. :)[/QUOTE]

Uh, those Wii titles are clearanced at VERY FEW Targets from what I've seen ;). I'd love to be able to do that myself, but it seems unlikely at this point.

[quote name='RollingSkull']
So let's say I am interested in finding a way to make my $20 Dark Messiah purchase into a $10 DM purchase. Should I watch the Target I bought it at for a price drop that I may return/rebuy if unopened? Should I try running it to another Target?
[/quote]

Just try the same Target once you have verified the drop via a UPC scan. They can't price adjust clearance items (computer won't let them) and they are not supposed to do a return/repurchase, but that is YMMV. I've had luck recently doing that. If it doesn't work once, just come back again when different people are working returns, or try another store. I was able to adjust (via return/repurchase) an Xbox Live kit TWICE - once from $42.98 to $29.98 and again from $29.98 to $14.98.

[quote name='io']Just try the same Target once you have verified the drop via a UPC scan. They can't price adjust clearance items (computer won't let them) and they are not supposed to do a return/repurchase, but that is YMMV. I've had luck recently doing that. If it doesn't work once, just come back again when different people are working returns, or try another store. I was able to adjust (via return/repurchase) an Xbox Live kit TWICE - once from $42.98 to $29.98 and again from $29.98 to $14.98.[/quote]

Well, does it help at all that I'm not even opening the Dark Messiah?

Yesterday seemed to be a big clearance day in my local Target, a lot of PSP accessories on clearance, loads of Ipod stuff including docks but unfortunately not a lot of games, saw a Splinter Cell DA on PC for $7.48 I think.

I did spot a couple of the old Xbox Live 12-month cards, currently ringing up at $34.98 but I'll keep my eye on them and hopefully they'll drop further.

in my area the "new" targets do not have any clearanced games. These are the ones with large electronics sections and several glass cases for games. Another thing in common is that they all also have starbucks inside and pizza hut express.

the old targets have had all of the clearanced games, but unfortunately all of the games were picked up before the prices got anywhere near interesting.

the target closest to me has several copies of Kameo for 7.98 and Tomb Raider for $9.98. Also various sports titles and one that looks like a waterski / jetski title (?) Didn't look too close as I do not have a 360.

If I make it back I may pick a few copies up for trading. The one I was most interested in, Monster 4x4 for the Wii, ended up going at $38...

I hit a motherload this morning on the way to work.

:ds:

Need for Speed Carbon $7.50
Danny Phantom $5

:wii:

Chicken Little Action Ace(?) $10
Monster Truck (w/ steering wheel) $12.50

The Wii games were marked at only 50% off, but a quick scan showed them to be at the 75% level.

The only problem was the outer box of the Monster Truck game's outer box was opened, but the game was still sealed and the wheel was still in plastic. The wheel that comes with is a nice heavy plastic, I expcected cheap foam.

EDIT: Wii Games are GONE! and DS games are for me

Take those Wii games to Gamestop! I picked up 4 copies of The Ant Bully for $7.48 each yesterday and went immediately to Gamestop and traded for fully paid preorders on Super Paper Mario and Mario Party 8. I got no flak from the salesperson about them all being the same game, and I even left the price stickers on. He just said "Wow, you only paid $7 for these?". It's hard to beat $14 each for two new games.

[quote name='mephitical']Take those Wii games to Gamestop! I picked up 4 copies of The Ant Bully for $7.48 each yesterday and went immediately to Gamestop and traded for fully paid preorders on Super Paper Mario and Mario Party 8. I got no flak from the salesperson about them all being the same game, and I even left the price stickers on. He just said "Wow, you only paid $7 for these?". It's hard to beat $14 each for two new games.[/quote]
Yeah, I would but I dont have a Wii yet.:cry:

And from what I've played so far, I probably wouldn't get one anytime soon...:lol:

I just wanted to help some CAGs out.

[quote name='manthing']I hit a motherload this morning on the way to work.

:ds:

Need for Speed Carbon $7.50
Danny Phantom $5

:wii:

Chicken Little Action Ace(?) $10
Monster Truck (w/ steering wheel) $12.50

The Wii games were marked at only 50% off, but a quick scan showed them to be at the 75% level.

The only problem was the outer box of the Monster Truck game's outer box was opened, but the game was still sealed and the wheel was still in plastic. The wheel that comes with is a nice heavy plastic, I expcected cheap foam.

If any one here wants the Wii games, PM me. Just be aware that I only ship USPS Priority Mail.[/quote]

lol you got those at the 124th store I take it? I was there Saturday and ran those threw a random scanner and they came up as the price listed on the boxes ...... The game I want from there Is Lunar:Dragon Song but ever time I go it's still $14.99

Fair enough. Well, the advice still holds for any Wii gamers. I'm still riding high - it's my best haul from Target or Gamestop in a long time.
I did check one of the newer Targets here and the advice listed above seems sound - lots of the "clearance" titles in the glass cases and all scanned at full price.

I've been to quite a few Targets up and down the west coast and the Monday electronics markdowns seem pretty standard. If you see something on Saturday, stash it or just hope, and come back on monday. Each store reprices at a different time, but the new prices seem to be in effect by 1 or 2 usually.

[quote name='mephitical'] the advice still holds for any Wii gamers. [/quote]

Oh, I completely agree with that. If I had or wanted a Wii, I would have been at GS/EB at opening.

I just don't think I want to have that credit sit at GS/EB for over a year(or whenever Wii Smash Brothers comes out...:roll:)

I picked up Prey 360 for $7.48 and Dead or Alive 4 for $9.98 today.

I also saw Hitman 360 for about $10, Pimp My Ride 360 for $10, and World Series of Poker for 360 and Wii for about $10.

Man...none of the Targets in my area have any clearance games. (except for 1 pc game that is $15 and is REALLY old)

So if anybody picks up an extra Chicken Little for the Wii, please let me know!

Got the last Xbox Live Arcade Unplugged at the Cherry Hill, NJ Target for $9.98. Condemned and Dreamfall are now $7.48.

(The clearance games have been moved to the books section, logically enough.)

I saw one last copy of Kameo at my local Target, but it was behind a glass case and it's still marked at $29.99. What are the chances that it's on clearance?

I just picked up 2 copies of Kameo for $7.48. The copies of Pimp My Ride and Blitz the League still rang up full price though. Clerk said it was a matter of time before they go down.

I took some UPC's of some of the latest Wii drops to a target a half hour away from the one where I'd gotten the last three Wii for $12.48 and thought I found the motherload. There were multiples of every single game so I took the upc's to the scanner and they all rang up fucking full price.

[quote name='manthing']PC Warhammer: Mark of Chaos now down to $25.[/quote]

That was $25 at my store for a while, and yesterday I went and they were all gone, after sitting there for two weeks. Leads me to believe they dropped further at my store.

If anyone see's the monster truck 4x4 with the steering wheel for the wii at target, If it's clearanced could you pick it up for me and Ill buy it with paypal.

It hecka sucks cuz I cant find these at my target :(.

Also if you find ant bully could you get that to? I feel like a friken retard askin you guys but i cant find them anywhere..lol PLZ HELP :cry:

PM me back or post on the thread

[quote name='Orrimarrko']Picked up for the Wii:

Chicken Little x2 (one for trade)
Barnyard $12.48

Anyone need them let me know.[/quote]

PMed

Picked up today:

NDS Super Mario 64 DS - $7.48
NDS Sims 2 - $4.98
360 Fight Night 3 - $7.48
360 Dead Rising - $14.98
Wii Avatar - $12.48

Pretty good haul...

Brent

My target actually had Monster 4x4, Barnyard, Ant Bully & Chicken Little. Yea!

They were all full price. :(

They did have the Zelda bag for $20. Still too rich for my blood. No 360 deals.

[quote name='frostcoma']Picked up today:

NDS Super Mario 64 DS - $7.48
NDS Sims 2 - $4.98
360 Fight Night 3 - $7.48
360 Dead Rising - $14.98
Wii Avatar - $12.48

Pretty good haul...

Brent[/quote]

Were those clearly marked clearance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done