The ''This OTT will be closed before the new OTT is made'' OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='crystalklear64']Get that christian guitar hero. I hear all the songs are $ and it has perfect difficulty balance.[/quote]

But I'm Jewish. :(

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']Rock Band charts are easier.
However, GH is more lenient with how you play.[/QUOTE]
True. That's especially notiicable in HOs/POs.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']It's not about easier. Their medium is too easy and their hard is too hard.[/QUOTE]
Practice. Trust me, I thought the same thing, it gets easier.

[quote name='Mojimbo']"Temporaryscars is godawful at Rock Band." - me[/QUOTE]

don't forget me. :wave:
I blame it on my guitar. :cool:
I also have a 0.52 ratio on CoD4, which is worse than Wubb's.

[quote name='Rocko']True. That's especially notiicable in HOs/POs.

Practice. Trust me, I thought the same thing, it gets easier.[/quote]

I just don't want to invest the time.

It's fine though, there weren't any songs on RB2 that really jumped out at me anyway.

Will DLC for RB2 work with RB1?

Crystalklear .. I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on that HP m9300t you recommended last night. Here's the base configuration:

* Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1 (32-bit)
* Core 2 Quad processor Q6600 (2.4GHz)
* 3GB DDR2-800MHz dual channel SDRAM from 2GB
* 256MB NVIDIA GeForce 9300, DVI-I, VGA adapter, HDMI
* 320GB 7200 rpm SATA 3Gb/s hard drive
* Blu-ray DVD player & Lightscribe SuperMulti DVD burner [Bluray reader, DVD burner]
* ATSC-NTSC TV tuner with PVR, FM tuner, remote
* Integrated 7.1 channel sound w/ front audio ports
* Norton Internet Security 2008 - 15 month
* HP keyboard and HP optical mouse

What changes/upgrades (if any) would you recommend ....

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/computer_can_series.do?storeName=computer_store&v1=Entertainment+powerhouse&a1=Category&category=desktops&series_name=m9300t_series&aoid=35252

[quote name='Maklershed']Crystalklear .. I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on that HP m9300t you recommended last night. Here's the base configuration:

* Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1 (32-bit)
* Core 2 Quad processor Q6600 (2.4GHz)
* 3GB DDR2-800MHz dual channel SDRAM from 2GB
* 256MB NVIDIA GeForce 9300, DVI-I, VGA adapter, HDMI
* 320GB 7200 rpm SATA 3Gb/s hard drive
* Blu-ray DVD player & Lightscribe SuperMulti DVD burner [Bluray reader, DVD burner]
* ATSC-NTSC TV tuner with PVR, FM tuner, remote
* Integrated 7.1 channel sound w/ front audio ports
* Norton Internet Security 2008 - 15 month
* HP keyboard and HP optical mouse

What changes/upgrades (if any) would you recommend .... [/QUOTE]

That looks pretty slyck!

Don't bother with any of the HP or norton software.
Upgrade the card to a 4850.
Probably buy an additional HDD.

[quote name='Maklershed']Do you have any input on my question budge?[/quote]

That looks very good. The link doesn't work for me, but I would get a Video Card upgrade if you can.

[quote name='crystalklear64']Hows that rap song coming along?[/quote]

I don't have any lyrics or beat yet... did you or Brak get that done? I haven't been on all day.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Hey, JohnnyFoxDarko, I'll get right on that as soon as they get a singer with a vagina. :cool:[/quote]
Loophole: The bassist has a vagina, and she sings sometimes. :cool:

[quote name='Moxio']That looks pretty slyck!

Don't bother with any of the HP or norton software.
Upgrade the card to a 4850.
Probably buy an additional HDD.[/quote]

Probably a stupid question but, upgrade what card to a 4850? :oops:

[quote name='darthbudge']That looks very good. The link doesn't work for me[/quote]

I got it from here. Fourth option down.

Graphics card; 9300 or whatever. Dump that shit off at the pool and get a real card. If you want cheap with medium-good graphics, 8800GT. If you want a really solid card for like $150 or so, 4850.

Ah I just saw that Mak stupidly owns a PS3, so, eh, unless the BR drive is free or something, put that money towards the card.

[quote name='Maklershed']Probably a stupid question but, upgrade what card to a 4850? :oops:
[/quote]

Your graphics card Mak.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']That doesn't answer my question.

Seriously, do you plan on watching movies on your PC?[/quote]

Um, for people who have a kickass monitor and no PS3, it is a good deal.

Plus, there might be time when BR's get used regularly and then that computer can handle it.

[quote name='darthbudge']Your graphics card Mak.

Um, for people who have a kickass monitor and no PS3, it is a good deal.

Plus, there might be time when BR's get used regularly and then that computer can handle it.[/quote]

Oh yeah, because I want to sit at my desk for two hours, watching a movie. Good call.

fuck the BR, get a regular drive, and then, in the future, when (if?) BR becomes the format of choice, pick one up for cheap. They're easy to put in.

Some reason I don't see blu ray being adopted as a pc standard. Maybe you could use it for backing up and archiving.

I won't even consider using BR until it is seriously dirt cheap. Until then I can backup just fine on blank DVDs and flash drives.

It Lives!!

My PC now has 750 Watts of power coarsing through it's veins...And then it turns out that it was a bad video card all along. $139.00 A/R down the tubes. #-o

Oh well...I was planning on upgrading anyways. :joystick:

[quote name='Rocko']I don't know of any, but I have a $5 off $50 coupon I could give you if that helps.

Just in case you haven't seen 'em, here's the best Mario gashapons they have right now:

Mario Kart keychain
Mario Galaxy enemy keychain
Mario Galaxy Mario (with star) keychain

I just got 6 of the second one in today, they're great.[/quote]

Not planning on spending that much...thanks anyways. Oh and I had already put one of each of those you linked in my cart :D

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Oh yeah, because I want to sit at my desk for two hours, watching a movie. Good call.

fuck the BR, get a regular drive, and then, in the future, when (if?) BR becomes the format of choice, pick one up for cheap. They're easy to put in.[/quote]

I have watched lots of movies on my computer and it is just fine.

Either way, Mak only had that in there cause it came default.

[quote name='Number83']It Lives!!

My PC now has 750 Watts of power coarsing through it's veins...And then it turns out that it was a bad video card all along. $139.00 A/R down the tubes. #-o

Oh well...I was planning on upgrading anyways. :joystick:[/QUOTE]

Video cards usually have good warranties on them; what brand made it?

[quote name='Temporaryscars']That doesn't answer my question.

Seriously, do you plan on watching movies on your PC?[/QUOTE]
My question to you is why wouldn't you?

z-5500 speakers, sexy 22in monitor, the software needed to actually play blu-ray, and a sweet comfy chair.

You could argue that I'm not getting the "full" benefit of blu-ray because my monitor only has a max res of 1680x1050, but its still better than the 720xwhatever of a regular dvd.

[quote name='darthbudge']I have watched lots of movies on my computer and it is just fine.

Either way, Mak only had that in there cause it came default.[/QUOTE]
Its not default, but you need to get the cost up to 1000$ to get the 400$ off.

Might as well grab two or three of those Mario Kart and Galaxy enemy keychains- make your shipping cost worth your while since they're only $2 each.

[quote name='crystalklear64']Its not default, but you need to get the cost up to 1000$ to get the 400$ off.[/quote]

Oh ok, I see. The affiliate links won't work on my computer.

[quote name='crystalklear64']My question to you is why wouldn't you?

z-5500 speakers, sexy 22in monitor, the software needed to actually play blu-ray, and a sweet comfy chair.

You could argue that I'm not getting the "full" benefit of blu-ray because my monitor only has a max res of 1680x1050, but its still better than the 720xwhatever of a regular dvd.[/quote]

1. They're still not the confirmed format.
2. They expensive.
3. The movies are expensive.
4. Only $$$$as watch movies at their computer.
5. Mak owns a PS3.

[quote name='Moxio']Video cards usually have good warranties on them; what brand made it?[/quote]

Hmm...Good Point. I should look into. It's almost 3 years old.

It's an eVGA GeForce 7800 GTX. I had 2 of them in SLI, but now I'm gimped! :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back