The Zack Ryder Wrestling Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='GuilewasNK']If you are in a position where you are making lots of money, why in the fuck would you take a chance to ruin it by smoking weed? Forget the argument for or against it, as long as it is illegal its just stupid to risk all you have for a high.[/QUOTE]

This. I'm all for legalizing marijuana, and I smoke from time to time, but I'd gladly and easily go clean and sober if my job (or position even, as Kendrick was de-pushed rapidly) was on the line.

[quote name='mykevermin']Brian Kendrick walked away from WWE a few years ago just so he could travel the world and actually have wrestling matches.

I suspect Kendrick is therefore much happier doing what he does now as opposed to simply working for WWE.

There's more to life than an income - and I say that agreeing that I, personally, would take money over weed, but that's me, and I don't even like weed to begin with.

Kendrick knew exactly what he was doing and what he risked.[/QUOTE]

If he wasn't happy why not quit instead of burning a bridge? It's almost like Shane Douglas is his adviser. You never know when you might have to go back to a place you didn't like just to make ends meet. Oh well, good luck to him.

Well, we're all making assumptions about his release being due to pot anyway.

The dude was jobbing to Jerry Lawler in two minutes the other week, so it isn't like the writing wasn't on the wall.

welp, i think kendrick kinda brought it upon himself, apparently he would always just kinda pay the fine and keep smoking since they didnt suspend wrestlers for smoking pot, guess with nowhere to put the guy and his refusal to quit smoking it was just logical, but im with you guys, i loved the gimmick, sucks he's out

Weak opening segment. Lashley's reasoning for not joining the Mafia was horrid, and why should Angle and Nash just give Foley and Lashley title shots? Especially when a guy that they like in Morgan even has to qualify to get a world title shot. That was pretty stupid. Joe vs. Hernandez was short, but really good. Unlike the usual giving away of a possibly major match on Impact, this one made me want to see a rematch - Hernandez got the win and was given a great showcase for himself, but Joe was pissed and will certainly want a rematch. I'd love to see them have an even better 15+ minute match on PPV, hopefully for a title of some sort.

The continuity on this show was hilarious. Lashley got "knocked out" in his gym shorts, but when he got to the ring in a last-second save, he was in full gear. Also, before the match, when Beer Money attacked Booker and Steiner, they knocked the legends belt off of a table, but mere seconds later, Nash had it for his entrance. Amazing. It wasn't as amazing as the office set being totally exposed during the Lashley KO beating when they knocked parts of it over, showing the big lights above it and the bendable walls.

Morgan-AJ was great. I loved the pre-match videos for it - they should have aired last week as I didn't care a lick about this series when they first announced it, but after watching them, I did. The match itself was a fine showcase for Morgan - definitely the most entertaining match he's been in. I loved him checking an imaginary watch during a sideslam attempt, then just throwing AJ down and telling to GET READY TO FLY before a catapult. Finally, he did something that made a match of his something I wanted to see. And it was a highlight reel-worthy match due to some of its spots, including the finish with AJ doing a springboard 450 into the ring to win. It looked beautiful and hit perfectly. Great start to the series.

The Tara-DW interview had its moments, as did the tag match, which was highlighted by Kong beating the shit out of Tara on the floor, but what I loved most about the knockouts tonight was Taylor acting so hurt by Traci joining the MEM and saying that Traci was an ORIGINAL~! and one of the reasons she got into the business. For one thing, Taylor can't act, and neither can Lauren who was also in this segment, and for another, if she got into the business because of Traci, she needs higher standards for role models. Traci's H-double D line ruled and she made some great points about not being used by TNA forever.

EY's promo was definitely the best one of his career, but far too long. 3D'd response to EY's good points being IT'S AMERICA, LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT reminded me of the great debate on Raw between Steiner and Nowinski, where Nowinski makes a bunch of good points and Steiner just spouts of jingoistic comments to the crowd's approval. The tables match this set up was rocking until the B-team interfered, then the IWGP Tag titles changed hands off of a bullshit finish. I guess it was better than a tequila bottle to the head, but not by much.

Dr. Stevie issuing a $50,000 bounty seemed...odd, but was amusing. The guy's rates are either insane, he socked a lot of money away in WWE, or his tech review blog earns a bunch of money. Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing his next charge take on Abyss. It's a shame this meant nothing in the show as a whole, but at least it wasn't broken into - twice, like the Rhino-Jesse Neal video package. God, what losers they are.

The Machine Guns doing the Lodi deal in the crowd would have made more sense if they were away from the show for any noticeable length of time - which is about what, a year on this show since 1,000 things happen at once. They'd gone away from that for a while, but it was a huge problem here. Anyway, their point might have also been valid if they weren't featured IN THE SHOW LATER during the Comic Con segment. I'm glad they showcased their Comic Con appearance, and that's something they should have done given that it is a big deal, so why not have the Guns' angle start a week later? It was just an afterthought here anyway and didn't make sense due to the video package on the Comic Con WHICH SHOWED THEM SMILING and appearing to be happy in the company.

Onto the shitty main event. Nothing happens, lights go out, Sting appears, points, stupid heels get distracted, babyface magically comes out in full ring gear, and Foley wins a title to no fanfare. Hell of an ending. At least it should lead to some more good Mafia-Foley promos, and the show itself did a decent job of building up the PPV.

Screens -

This fucking company...

Quotes -
Ad Guy - TONIGHT, IT’S THE WAR OF CHAMPIONS!
Angle - TONIGHT WE TAKE NO PRISONERS!
Booker - PRISONERS!
Steiner - WE GONNA GET ‘EM!
Tenay - Angle and company found Lashley’s rejection UN-ACCEP-TABLE!
DW - Nobody crosses the mafia!
Angle - When you cross the boss, it’s not good for anyone! It’s not good for ratings, me, or that individual! Bobby Lashley, we had an agreement, and for some strange reason, YOU TOOK A GREAT BIG DUMP ON THAT AGREEMENT! Now, why would you do that Bobby?! I DON’T KNOW! PEOPLE DO STUPID THINGS FOR NO REASON AT ALL, BUT THE MAIN EVENT DOESN’T DO BUSINESS WITH THOSE KINDS OF PEOPLE! So Bobby Lashley, face the band like a man, or we’ll find you and disassemble you piece by piece!
Lashley - We had an agreement - who wouldn’t want to be part of the Mafia - it’s the greatest group of superstars I’ve ever seen put together. Of course I wanted to be a part of it, but I saw what it’s about. You guys aren’t hungry anymore. I’m still hungry. I still want titles, I wanna run this how. You guys wanna cheat and steal titles from people. But unlike Joe and Taz, you can’t buy me, Kurt.
Angle - YOU KNOW WHY YOU CAN’T BE HERE BOBBY, BECAUSE YOU’RE YOUNG AND STUPID JUST LIKE THE REST OF THEM!
Angle - WE MAKE UP OVER 75% OF THE TNA PAYROLL! AND YOU KNOW WHY? We don’t get around like we used to, but we’re smarter than anyone else. We use people to get what we want!
Lashley - LIKE HOW YOU ABUSE TNA MANAGEMENT!? You told them that the Mafia equals ratings! LIVE UP TO YOUR WORD! I came out here, Kurt, to make you an offer that you can’t refuse…(Foley comes out)
Foley - Kurt, Lashley’s right - we’ve got an offer you can’t refuse. I want to publicly thank Lashley for saving my butt last week on Impact. The manner in which he saved my butt was by kicking a bunch of MEM butt all over the Impact Zone! I also came out to ask a favor of you, Kurt. Look into the camera there, Kurt. You can practically see the TNA board members looking into a 60 inch TV sitting around waiting for the ratings to arrive. Hi Dixie! Isn’t that what you said the Mafia could deliver - ratings!? Here’s our offer - a tag team contest. Me and Lashley taking on you and Big Sexy! And here’s what’s on the line - a tag match with the singles titles on the line. If one of us beats you, we become TNA World Champion. Kev, if anyone beats you, I could walk away with the TNA Legends title.
DW - THAT SEEMS ONE-SIDED TO ME!
Foley - And if you win…you get those monster ratings you keep talking about. You gonna back up your words or keep working management up in Nashville?!
Kurt - IT’S ON, BOBBY! NOT ONLY ARE THEY GONNA GET THE RATINGS, BUT THEY’RE GONNA GET YOUR ASS AND FOLEY’S ASS ON A PLATTER!
Tenay - ANGLE IS SO WORRIED ABOUT PROVIDING THOSE BIG RATINGS THAT HE HAS A GREED TO PUT UP THE WORLD AND LEGENDS TITLES!
DW - Think of all the twists and turns we’ve had on Impact over 200 shows!?
Tenay - Taz and Joe…so many parallels! The human suplex machine, the Samoan Submission Machine…and so many more!
(after Hernandez pins Joe with a splash)DW - TAZ IS PISSED!
Taz - HE DIDN’T BEAT YOU! YOU BEAT YOU! HEY, YOU NEED TO GO AWAY! (they cut away instantly)
Deep Voice Ad Guy - THE OLD WAYS ARE NOT ENOUGH! THIS IS THE REVOLUTION! ARE YOU READY!?
Morgan - MATT MORGAN’S A PPV MAIN EVENT WAITING TO HAPPEN! AND TONIGHT, IT’S GONNA HAPPEN!
Lauren - LET’S GO TO JB WITH AJ STYLES!
Borash - HELLO IT’S JB IN AJ’S LOCKER ROOM, BUT FIRST LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT TNA MOBILE!
AJ - As far as Eric Young goes, I NEVER SAW IT COMING! OUR PATHS WILL CROSS AGAIN, AND WHEN THEY DO, I’LL MAKE YOU WISH YOU WERE NEVER BORN!
JB - What made you decide to go against the Mafia?
Lashley - I was in negotiations with Angle and I had a big fight with Bob Sapp, and I was gonna come in after I won, and last week, I saw a man fighting for his sheer existence. I changed my mind. I saw someone who believed in the company. All the money Kurt threw at me meant nothing.
Foley - What Bobby didn’t know at the time was that I wasn’t fighting for the company, but I was fighting for my pride. He made a split-second decision and it was the right one for me and everyone else. One thing I learned, from Jeff Jarrett, is that some decisions are best reached after a second, and also after a lot of thought - tonight, we’re gonna take one of the titles away from the Mafia.
Deep voice ad guy - HE IS THE DNA OF TNA! HE IS THE MOST GENETICALLY JACKED, ATHLETICALLY STACKED GIANT IN TNA TODAY! THE BLUEPRINT OF A PERFECT ATHLETE! HE IS MATT MORGAN!
Deep Voice ad guy - HE IS ONE OF ONLY TWO MEN STILL COMPETING IN TNA FROM ITS VERY FIRST SHOW! HE IS THE FIRST TNA GRAND SLAM CHAMPION! HE IS THE PHENOMENAL AJ STYLES!
DW - AJ is in a slump. He couldn’t see Eric Young turning on him - everyone could see that from a mile away!
(during a catapult position)Morgan - GET READY TO FLY!
Tenay - AJ’S GONNA GO SPRINGBOARD…450 SPLASH!
Traci - For months, I’ve been sitting on my sweet ass at home. For months, I’ve called, e-mailed, and texted TNA AND GOTTEN NOTHING! THE KNOCKOUTS ARE IN HD, AND I’M IN H-DOUBLE D! SCREW YOU AND SCREW TNA!
Taylor - YOU BREAK MY HEART, TRACI! YOU WERE THE ORIGINAL KNOCKOUT! YOU WERE THE ONE WE ALL LOOKED UP TO! YOU’RE ONE OF THE REASONS I GOT INTO THIS BUSINESS!
Traci - This business isn’t made for ladies, it’s made for bitches - like me!
DW - Tara, an incredible 10 year career with WWE.
Tara - It was a dream, but all good things have to come to an end. There was a point where I wasn’t sure I’d ever be…happy. I wanted to leave loving the business and tell my future kids that I loved what I did and that their Mom was one of the best female wrestlers of her time.
DW - How has it been since you come here?
Tara - The girls here are amazing - when I was in WWE, I watched Kong and it’s a dream of mine to wrestle her. I want the best…
DW - Speaking of the best, how about the Beautiful People? There’s the controversy at Victory Road where the foot might have been on the ropes - might’ve been bouncing up and down.
Tara - You referring to the sexual favors they performed on Slick Johnson?
DW - WHAT!? This a family show. Sorry everyone. Take the high road.
DW - Can we show a replay of Velvet’s entrance?!
(referring to him getting knees in the nuts last week)DW - That’s as close as the Deaner Diamonds are ever gonna get to the Beautiful People!
DW - SOMEONE STOP TARA FROM CHOKING ANGELINA!
Tara - I’m in the best shape of my career - I didn’t just go home and eat Bon Bons.
DW - Nothing wrong with Bon Bons every now and then!
Tenay - I can’t believe you don’t see the controversy from Victory Road!
DW - To me, what happens between knockouts and referees is their own business.
DW - WE GOT THE MACHINE GUNS IN THE CROWD! AND WHERE HAVE THEY BEEN!? IT’S A CONSPIRACY!
(during a rope choke)ODB - GET OFF ME YA WHORE!
DW - THERE’S CHILDREN WATCHING THIS SHOW! WATCH YER FILTHY MOUTH! They’re gonna make her pay for using such foul language towards the Beautiful People!
DW - I wonder why the crowd is chanting ODB when the TBP are in the ring, but when I look into the crowd, my question’s answered.
DW - Someone needs to get a medic in here to give her a tetanus shot!
Tenay - Velvet’s spraying the Deaner Killer from head to toe! HE GOT REVENGE FOR GETTING KICKED IN THE DEANERS!
Tenay - HERE COMES ERIC YOUNG! WHAT’S HE GOT IN HIS HAND!? HE LEADS KIYOSHI, THE SHEIK, AND THE BRITISH INVASION DOWN TO THE RING!
Brutus - Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to introduce to you the leader of World Elite - Mr. Eric Young!
EY - Hey everybody, look at me - I’m the center of attention! Isn’t this where you wanted me to be? Bring the entertainment, Eric. Eric Young, the clown. Eric Young, make sure everyone has a good time. MAKE US LAUGH, ERIC! Look at this face, WHO’S LAUGHING NOW! Ya see, growing up as a young boy in Canada, I’d here stories about the big old US of A - land of the free, home of the brave. The truth is that I heard so many positive things, I knew it was wehre I had to b - once I became a pro, I knew if I wanted to be a star, I’d have to move here and become a citizen - I sold everything and made it! More importantly, I made it on my own! I AM LIVING MY DREAM!
DW - This is one of the most emotional speeches I’ve ever heard.. LISTEN TO THIS CROWD! THEY DON’T EVEN KNOW IT’S COMING FROM HIS HEART AND SOUL!
EY - For every good piece of press the country gets, it deserves twice as much bad press! EVERY OTHER COUNTRY HATES THE U.S. THEY HATE YOUR CORRUPT GOVERNMENT, YOUR DIRTY PEOPLE!
Tenay - THERE ARE U.S. ARMY SOLDIERS HERE! IN FRONT OF THESE BRAVE MEN, THEY’RE GONNA SAY THIS!
EY - THEY CALL YOU RACISTS, THEY CALL YOU BIGOTS - AND WE’D BE HARD-PRESSED TO DISAGREE! THE FAULT DOESN’T LIE WITH THE COUNTRY, IT LIES WITH YOU PEOPLE!
DW - Just look at this crowd.
EY - Disgusting people like Jeff Jarrett, MICK FOLEY!
(crowd chants GO HOME ERIC)DW - Hey, at least he’s got a home to go to - unlike half the people here.
Tenay - YOU’RE GONNA SAY THAT IN FRONT OF THE TROOPS!
EY - You people would only cheer me when I made you laugh, and if that’s not ignorance, tell me what is! Now, we’re gonna take from you just like you took from us. NO LONGER WILL I BE THE DANCING MARIONETTE YOU WANTED ME TO BE! WE’RE GONNA BE WHO WE WANNA BE! FROM HERE ON IN, I’M GONNA BE WHO I WANNA BE! (he shaves his head) I CALL THE SHOTS! NOT JEFF! NOT MICK! AND CERTAINLY NOT YOU PEOPLE! FROM HERE ON IN, THE ENTERTAINMENT STOPS AND THE VIOLENCE BEGINS! TEAM 3D, I KNOW YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS MATCH, SO COME OUT HERE AND PUT SMILES ON THE FACES OF THESE FOOLS!
Ray - Listen very carefully - this is America! LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT! HOW DARE YOU COME OUT HERE AND INSULT THESE PEOPLE! THEY’RE THE REASON YOU’RE STANDING IN THAT RING! YOU’RE NOT THE WORLD ELITE - YOU’RE A BUNCH OF PUNKS WIT BIG MOUTHS! TONIGHT, WHEN YOU HEAR DEVON GET THE TABLES, YOU WILL KNOW YOU’RE IN THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD! USA!
Tenay - GET THE TABLES COULD BE WHAT’S NEEDED TO GET THE WIN!
DW - Devon…cheating by moving the table!
Tenay - How is that cheating after all the interference from World Elite!?
(after EY places a fallen Devon on a broken table)DW - IT ONLY MATTERS WHAT THE REF SEES AND HE SEES DEVON THROUGH THE TABLE!
Tenay - British Invasion - new New Japan Tag Team Champions!
(interrupting a Neal-Rhino video package)Stevie - FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS! IT’S YOUR FRIENDLY NEIGHBORHOOD THERAPIST! LOOK AT THIS! FLESH WOUND! FREE MONEY TO ANYONE WHO WANTS IT! YOU WANNA BE AN ANIMAL, CHRIS! PREPARE TO BE TREATED LIKE AN ANIMAL! IT’S NEVER OVER, CHRIS!
(video package plays for 30 seconds, then freezes and cuts to Tenay)Tenay - I’M SORRY, BUT WE HAVE TO BREAK INTO THIS VIDEO PACKAGE! I HEAR THAT THERE’S A COMMOTION IN THE BACK! LET’S SEND IT TO JB! (Steiner and Booker beat up Foley and Lashley, and break down part of the Jarrett Office set exposing the lights around it and the open area on one of the walls)
(as Beer Money beats up Booker and Steiner, knocking the legends belt down in the process)DW - THIS IS CHAOS! (Nash then appears mere seconds later with the Legends belt in his entrance)
(as Angle buffs his nails)DW - They’re worried, you can tell!
DW - HE’S HALF-NUTS!
Tenay - HALF-NUTS!? YOU MIGHT BE GIVING HIM 50% TOO MUCH CREDIT!

Last edited by a moderator:
This picture is awesome:

20359219.jpg

I wonder how long before that's the SD main event feud. I expect to see that along with more glorious Punk/Morrison should Jeff re-sign.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']This picture is awesome:

20359219.jpg
[/QUOTE]

The worst part: There's not even an URL for the pic in the quote...

[quote name='JJSP']PWG's already hinting that we'll see Kendrick & London vs. Shelley & Sabin at BOLA.[/QUOTE]

That could be very entertaining. If you find a DL at some point send it my way.

[quote name='mykevermin']Those shirts are hideous.[/QUOTE]

It matches Matt's haircut.

Just watched Jeff Hardy vs. John Morrison from Smackdown tonight. The match is FANTASTIC and worth tuning in for everyone.

So if Edge is out. Jericho is tag champ. And Taker won't be back for a while yet, does main event scene on Smackdown consist of Hardy/Punk/Morrison? That's fucking AWESOME!

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']Dutch Mantel has been let go from TNA creative[/QUOTE]
Good.
[quote name='neocisco']I think Don West is much better now that he's the heel announcer.[/QUOTE]
Agreed.

I'm loving this version of CM Punk....I'm loving it

The second wind ass-whooping is what heels are made of!

I love how the crowd was cheering when Jeff Hardy was all like "I'd like to thank the rejects (YEAH!), the freaks (YEAH!), the outcasts (YEAH!)..." The WWE Universe must really think highly of itself.

Well, that was easily the best show of the week. Damn - every single match was at least great, most were great, and it was a significant show that did a great job of building towards the future. The Cryme Tyme-Hart Dynasty match was CT's best match yet, and I dug JTG's wacky finisher. The post-match Jerishow promo was good, even if it was hurt by the Chewie bit from Shad. They still at least put the tag belts over as a huge deal, and the match for them as a main event-level one for Summerslam.

The divas tag was good stuff. McCool's mafia kicks to the faces were great, and I dug the Styles Clash->Code Red finish. Khali vs. Haas was probably the worst match of the show, and even that I couldn't hate because it was kept short and J.R. was great on commentary during it. Rey and Finlay vs. Ziggler and Knox ruled. Knox was given more of a chance to shine here than I expected, and had great chemistry with both Finlay and Rey. I was expecting him to just be good with his usual brawling stuff, but I was blown away when he hit that massive cross body block on Rey. That was awesome and Rey sold it perfectly - and it led to a good near-fall. Ziggler checking his hair before doing a big Sting-like elbow was a great little addition for his character, and I liked the finish, with Finlay hitting an elbow to the face leading to Rey pinning Ziggler with a rollup.

Morrison vs. Hardy was their best match yet. It had more substance to it than their more spot-filled IC Title matches, and was a great example of just what a main event-level wrestler needs that isn't always evident in an IC Title holder. These two had some great counters to their usual offense, and I loved Morrison kicking Jeff off of the corner dropkick with his own one, and then sending him 3/4 of the way across the ring in the process. Morrison's knee drop counter on the apron to the sunset powerbomb was great. Awesome-looking stuff there.

Morrison kicking out of the swanton was a huge shock, and one that established Morrison as being ready for the main event in the company's eyes - there's no way they'd do that if they didn't have faith in him in that role. Hardy avoiding Starship Pain twice, with the second time leading to the finish was good, and I also loved Grisham and J.R. establishing not only the history of these two men at whatever building the show was held at, but also adding that even dating back to Graham-Bruno, the venue played host to major world title matches and that this could be one as well. The show-opening video package showing Jeff's progression from a kid wearing his homemade belt to a man with the legendary BIG GOLD BELT ruled too.

The post-match beating with Punk was perfect. It was set up nicely earlier in the show with Punk showing some respect to Jeff after NoC, then having him come out after this match to seemingly do the same...then beat him with the mic, elbows, and slam him into every set of dasher boards he could see. The moment where he stopped, thought about what he'd done, and then continued the assault was a great one. And then they showed the kids in shock. God this ruled. This beating also featured what I think was the first blood we've seen on free TV since the Flair-Jericho deal on Raw, which also helped make it seem like a huge deal. They've got something really special with this feud, and I hope they keep the excellent execution of it going on.

Screens -

This. Is. Pro. Wrestling.

Quotes -
Jeff - If this is a dream - don’t wake me! I’m kicking it in the Imag-I-Nation! I would like the outcasts, rejects, freaks, all the people who have stood with me through thick and thin and always believed in what I stand for. Thank you. CM Punk, going into NoC said some rotten things to you and I, and you all, with me said no to just being forcefed this POV. The fact is that is if everyone was like CM Punk, what a boring world it would be - we’re different, that’s why life is full. The only thing I’m high on is being WHC for you! I was born a free spirit and I’ve beat to my own drum ever since because I’m a human, and we have the God-given right to live life the way we choose and be who we wanna be! Now, I know that Teddy has given CM Punk his rematch. (fans boo) Anytime he wants it, against whoever’s the champion at that time - and the reason I bring that up is my opponent is a man who shines like no other - John Morrison! Now John, last time my title reign was way too short and I don’t plan on that happening again. Baltimore, get ready! By the way, this man’s beaten Punk twice - you might be in for one of the most amazing main events in SD history! THANK YOU!
J.R. - On Monday, acting Raw GM Shaq had a conversation with Theodore Long and loaned Cryme Tyme to Raw.
Grisham - What a group - Cryme Tyme and Shaq Daddy!
J.R. - Tonight’s about money, money…
Grisham - YEAH YEAH!
Jericho - Enjoy your little moment, Cryme Tyme - congratulations. Good for you, but know that things are going downhill from here. I can see it in your faces - you’re riding high now, this close to achieving your childhood dreams, but just like the reast of these failures, oh yeah, FAILURES! You’re gonna fall short of your goals as well because we’re gonna destroy your hopes and dreams. You’re dealing with the most powerful duo in sports today - we have a combined 40 titles between us. Do you know how great that makes us? How great we are? We’re the perfect synergy of strength, speed, and honesty.
Shad - J, what I’m looking at is Han Solo and Chewbacca. It’s okay, I speak Wookie!
Jericho - You think this is some kind of joke, huh? THIS IS NOT A JOKE!
JTG - The joke was when Shaq was around, you didn’t have much to say…CHRISTINA! Oh yeah, Shaw told me to give you this! (blows kiss to Jericho) Hey fat boy… (blows kiss to Show as well) You didn’t have much to say after Shaq knocked you on your fat back. At Summerslam, we’re gonna be the ones with the tag team championships around our waist!
Show - You see, the only reason you’re running your mouths is because we’re allowing you to do that. Our credentials already surpass the greatest tag team champs in history - we’re used to having gold around our waist. This man is a five-time world champion and the greatest wrestler of our time. I’m the only man to have held the ECW, WCW, and WWE World Championships - I’m also a giant. I’m bigger than all of you, and yes, that means that I’m BETTER than all of you.
Jericho - So enjoy your party with all of these criminals here tonight, because at Summerslam, the party is over.
Josh - Is it true that you consider Jeff’s victory to be an upset?
Punk - Yeah, where I come from - that was an upset. Some say that he was the better man, but I don’t think the better man lives the type of lifestyle he lives. This isn’t me being preachy, it’s just me stating the facts. I wish everyone was straight edge - he has said he likes to live in the moment and he should live in the moment and I hope he does, because it’s not going to last. Good look to Jeff Hardy, good luck to John Morrison - I’m taking on the winner.
Grisham - J.R. - is that your yacht?
J.R. - I wasn’t gonna say anything… I like Baltimore. I like the Ravens - they have 3 Sooners on their team!
Grisham - Really?
J.R. - He looks like Fort Knox with a beard. He’s been absent from SD for a while - he’s a very unique individual to converse with.
Grisham - I’d stay away.
J.R. - Steel cables are not very forgiving, and neither is Dolph Ziggler.
J.R. - Finlay is a third-generation competitor. Competed all of Europe as a teen before migrating here to the States.
Grisham - Khali’s hands are the size of a laptop computer!
J.R. - MY GOD NOT A LAPTOP!
Sign - CM God Punk’d
Grisham - Three years ago in this building, Morrison and Hardy had a ladder match for the IC Title that Morrison called one of the best of his career.
J.R. - In 1977, Superstar Billy Graham beat Bruno Sammartino in this building for the WWE Title.
Grisham - We’ve seen world championship-level boxers go ten months without a title defense - Jeff Hardy didn’t even get seven days!
J.R. - This wasn’t Jeff Hardy’s decision - it was our GM’s.
Grisham - MORRISON KICKED OUT OF THE SWANTON BOMB!
J.R. - I DON’T THINK I’VE SEEN ANYONE KICK OUT OF THE SWANTON BOMB!
J.R. - Hardy and Morrison are two of the brightest shining stars in the WWE galaxy!
Grisham - Everyone who saw this match was impressed, and CM Punk comes down the aisle applauding.
Punk - Jeff, honestly, the last few weeks… (he then cheap shots him with the mic and beats him up) I want everyone all over the world to tune into SD next week, cuz that’s when I’m gonna take MY WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE BACK!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='neocisco']I think Don West is much better now that he's the heel announcer.[/QUOTE]

Don West is awesome. They better not get rid of him.

Found a great pic of Show & Jericho from tonight:
pennandteller.jpg

Also, anyone else notice when Layla's top came unbuttoned during her match? I'll give her credit, she kept right on wrestling despite the danger of a wardrobe malfunction!

[quote name='pacifickarma']Found a great pic of Show & Jericho from tonight:
pennandteller.jpg
[/spoiler[/QUOTE]

:rofl: I had the show on, but wasn't really watching it. I was walking past the TV when they were out and I had to take a second glance because I could have sworn I saw Penn Gillette on Smackdown.

At PWG now - Brian Kendrick's been announced for next month's August 28th show, and PWG's co-promoting a show a week later with Dragon Gate.

Also on the :lol: front, Billy Corgan's here tonight. He pulled a bigtime at the door and requested a seat out of the way so people wouldn't focus on him and take pictures.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Loved SD tonight.

2hp7sc6.gif
[/QUOTE]

Now that's called "fulfilling your potential".

Man. It's been such a long time since anyone has done that.

Thought Orton could have done it but although he is a good promo, he is a shitty worker.

W02086X.JPG

I really, really like the design for this year's SummerSlam poster.

It stands out incredibly against the typical patina we're accustomed to. Can't recall the last time a PPV poster really drew me in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back