This OTT's sucks more than any other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']
New girl just left, btw. We watched some Futurama and some Arrested Development. :cool:[/QUOTE]
She sounds hot. :drool:

Morning OTT

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']The next issue in postdom is going to be themed threads. We see it all the time on fatwallet. Someone finds an increadible deal X, above the nortm, and post it in a large thread that is to cover Y type of deals from store Z.

Well, anyone with common sense might realize the deal needs its own thread. it's that nice. But when someone posts the new thread pointing out X is whatever price, people start complaining, "duplicate thread." It's a big problem with Fatwallet. And I'm seeing it more and more in CAG and DVDTalk and SB.[/QUOTE]

This is something that bugs the crap out of me as well. I think it's that the people who created, keep up with/contribute to the massive thread want everyone else to have to sort through the pile of mostly worthless posts to get to the gold just like they did. When you see it just post that the deal seems worth it's own thread to you.

[quote name='wubb']Morning OTT

This is something that bugs the crap out of me as well. I think it's that the people who created, keep up with/contribute to the massive thread want everyone else to have to sort through the pile of mostly worthless posts to get to the gold just like they did. When you see it just post that the deal seems worth it's own thread to you.[/quote]

Glad someone could make sense out of that... I think I understand it more now that you've posted up a synopsis, wubb.

Yahoo Mail down for anyone else?

[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']Glad someone could make sense out of that... I think I understand it more now that you've posted up a synopsis, wubb.[/QUOTE]

I had to read it a few times. :mrgreen:

good morning OTT! i'm goin into work for a bit even though i usually have the day off. the big boss on site asked me if i'd help out HR for some extra hours. i get to work on projects that they were supposed to accomplish but didn't have the manpower to actually complete. the one that i'll be working on today is completing the half-done paperwork for and assembling the service award plaques for the people that have been there 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 and 35 years. nothing mindblowing but at the same time, it's much better than the shit i've been doing.

New Man Vs. Wild on tonight (finally) and Bob's final Price Is Right is on in prime time.

I prefer Survivorman, but Man Vs. Wild is pretty good.

Anyone familiar with these brews:

Saison DuPont
Allagash White
Flying Dog Old Scratch Lager

Going to a pizza joint this weekend that has these three on tap (among others) and I think I'm going to try the Allagash White.

Also that Cherry Wheat Sam Adams really grew on me Makler, any others you'd recommend?

I such a fatty. I was making myself waffles (of the toaster variety) and I saw that I had some Nutella in the pantry. Naturally, I made myself a waffle nutella sammich.

:whistle2:(

I don't drink beer often, but Smithwicks is tasty.

[quote name='LiquidNight']I such a fatty. I was making myself waffles (of the toaster variety) and I saw that I had some Nutella in the pantry. Naturally, I made myself a waffle nutella sammich.

:whistle2:([/QUOTE]

That sounds delicious.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']That sounds delicious.[/QUOTE]Indeed. It sure started off my morning right :lol:.

Anyways, I'm off to class OTT, lest I show up late again.

[quote name='wubb']Anyone familiar with these brews:

Saison DuPont
Allagash White
Flying Dog Old Scratch Lager

Going to a pizza joint this weekend that has these three on tap (among others) and I think I'm going to try the Allagash White.

Also that Cherry Wheat Sam Adams really grew on me Makler, any others you'd recommend?[/quote]

I've had the flying dog, but not recently. The only one I really remember from them is "doggystyle".

Wait, a Saison is going to be hoppy/bitter like a pale ale right? Don't really care for that myself.

I love Anchor Steam and apparently Old Scratch is the same style, maybe I'll give it a try.

The place has this as their description for Miller Lite:

"Miller Lite - For those still learning to truly love beer"

:rofl:

Here's their full list in case anyone is curious:

http://www.fireworkspizza.com/Beer LIST.pdf

Lots of stuff on there I don't know anything about, but I'm probably going to stick to the stuff on tap.

[quote name='LiquidNight']I such a fatty. I was making myself waffles (of the toaster variety) and I saw that I had some Nutella in the pantry. Naturally, I made myself a waffle nutella sammich.

:whistle2:([/quote]
You need to throw in a couple slices of bacon, a sausage patty, an egg and douse the thing in syrup. Then you can call yourself a fatty.

[quote name='dcfox']You need to throw in a couple slices of bacon, a sausage patty, an egg and douse the thing in syrup. Then you can call yourself a fatty.[/QUOTE]

Then finish it off with a glass of warm melted butter.

Collected another 15-20 gallons of water today :). Off to class now.

Stay the hell away from Magic Hat #9 - it's a Bass-style Pale Ale w/ Apricot flavoring. If that doesn't sound bad enough, it's (1) overpowering, and (2) not *real* apricot flavoring. It tastes like those syrupy additives you buy in brewer's stores. Fine if you're making some at home, but not for something with national distribution. fuckin' hell, man.

I didn't know Thirsty Dog was a Maryland brewery - I thought they were Ohio or PA. Doesn't matter: Hoppus Maximus is great if you like those tormentingly hoppy IPAs (and it's cheaper than both Dogfish Heads).

North Coast is also decent, though I've had their Red Seal ale (not the Scrimshaw Pils). Very different styles, so I can't really speculate on that 'un.

The bottom right section can be entirely ignored. Personally, I like to peg down the beer nerd at places like this (rarely someone other than the floor manager and/or bartender) and ask them what they drink when they're off. If that fails, give the local brewery listing (Dominion) a try.

Thanks for the thoughts myke. Yeah I kept Magic Hat off as I'm not too interested in that one, plus you can get it on tap at lots of places, at least around here anyway.

Definitely not a fan of hoppy IPAs. Dog Fish Head is a cool place to visit if you are ever in their area. Their website used to have a buy a pint, get a pint free coupon that we'd use if we took a trip to the beach. :beer: No idea if it's still on there or not.

[quote name='wubb']New Man Vs. Wild on tonight [/quote]

Oh hell yes. Forgot about that. Hopefully my dvr is still set to pick them up from the first season cause I'll surely forget that its on tonight. Actually, I'll probably be to drunk to even realize its on :)

[quote name='zewone']She sounds hot. :drool:[/QUOTE] :lol: ;)

:whistle2:([/QUOTE] I'm out of nutella. :cry:

Works fine for me as well.

Hmm ... there was something I wanted to post in here, but now I can't remember. :whistle2:k

Oh well, it must not have been important. When is it ever? :lol:

EDIT: Now I remember. It was that I fell asleep last night with the lights on again. And also without my pillows.

It looks like I won't be getting Vista today :(. I've had my computer ready to go for 3 days and can't do anything with it because I don't have an OS :(. Can't wait for Monday!

So it seems I've now got a Wii. I wasn't able to get out to TRU since I have work all day, but since it was my mom's day off and I had left some of my graduation money around the house, she went out and picked one up for me at TRU. Guess I now have to figure out what games I wanna get.

[quote name='dcfox']You need to throw in a couple slices of bacon, a sausage patty, an egg and douse the thing in syrup. Then you can call yourself a fatty.[/quote]

He already qualifies for President of the United States of America. He used "sammich". Next thing you know, he'll be talking about "nukular" weapons. :roll::lol:

[quote name='Roufuss']Can't believe CAG's new affiliate is now talking shit against his other affiliates.[/quote]

And calling and harrassing members who insult them for selling bootleg shit.

Where's this going down? Juicy thread somewhere?

And by calling do you mean actually calling them on the phone? Cheapy should drop them if that's the case.

[quote name='Maklershed']And calling and harrassing members who insult them for selling bootleg shit.[/QUOTE]

Well, I announced in the thread that I'm pulling all my support from every CAG affiliate link - if Cheapy doesn't feel like responding, I just won't dump money into CAG anymore, and if this is the type of site he wants to affiliate with, then I hope more people follow my lead.

Which sucks, because I love the site, and love using the affiliates to help keep the site running, but I won't support this.

His loss, because I was about to make a $200 + order through Play-Asia, as well as some things from Amazon.

Why he didn't contact Liongames is beyond me - the owner posts here regularly and is a nice guy.

[quote name='Roufuss']Well, I announced in the thread that I'm pulling all my support from every CAG affiliate link - if Cheapy doesn't feel like responding, I just won't dump money into CAG anymore, and if this is the type of site he wants to affiliate with, then I hope more people follow my lead.

Which sucks, because I love the site, and love using the affiliates to help keep the site running, but I won't support this.

His loss, because I was about to make a $200 + order through Play-Asia, as well as some things from Amazon.

Why he didn't contact Liongames is beyond me - the owner posts here regularly and is a nice guy.[/QUOTE]
He responded in the CAGcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back