This OTT's sucks more than any other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='zewone']He responded in the CAGcast.[/QUOTE]

What did he say?

I don't listen to the CAGcast, at all. Just once I think for the ViolentLee stuff.

I just think it's low that the dude just shit all over Play-Asia with claims that aren't even real. I basacially asked him why his import prices are so high compared to other sites like P-A and NCSX, and he decided to just rip into P-A without actually answering the question.

[quote name='Roufuss']Well, I announced in the thread that I'm pulling all my support from every CAG affiliate link - if Cheapy doesn't feel like responding, I just won't dump money into CAG anymore, and if this is the type of site he wants to affiliate with, then I hope more people follow my lead.

Which sucks, because I love the site, and love using the affiliates to help keep the site running, but I won't support this.

His loss, because I was about to make a $200 + order through Play-Asia, as well as some things from Amazon.

Why he didn't contact Liongames is beyond me - the owner posts here regularly and is a nice guy.[/quote]

He responded on the CAGcast. He basically said that this guy kept kinda nagging him to join the affiliate program and Cheapy put it off and put it off and after awhile basically said .. yeah what the hell, it will give CAGs one more place to get decent deals. And he said that he just kinda approved this VGC or whatever the site is without even really checking the site to see what kind of prices they have or if they sell bootlegging stuff or not. And now he's in a bind. He doesnt know if he's going to drop them or just let it continue.

I would hope Cheapy would drop them. This is a reputable site with a good community. We dont need to invite hackers/bootleggers into this site and with having an affiliate store that sells that type of material, I think it might make other people think that Cheapy (and other members) find hacking/bootlegging to be an acceptable practice when we all know thats not the case.

[quote name='Maklershed']He responded on the CAGcast. He basically said that this guy kept kinda nagging him to join the affiliate program and Cheapy put it off and put it off and after awhile basically said .. yeah what the hell, it will give CAGs one more place to get decent deals. And he said that he just kinda approved this VGC or whatever the site is without even really checking the site to see what kind of prices they have or if they sell bootlegging stuff or not. And now he's in a bind. He doesnt know if he's going to drop them or just let it continue.

I would hope Cheapy would drop them. This is a reputable site with a good community. We dont need to invite hackers/bootleggers into this site and with having an affiliate store that sells that type of material, I think it might make other people think that Cheapy (and other members) find hacking/bootlegging to be an acceptable practice when we all know thats not the case.[/QUOTE]

I really hope he drops them too. At this point, it has nothing to do with the bootlegging shit, read the owner's comments - the dude has a horrible guy. Then go to the LionGames thread, and read that owner's comments - Tony is an awesome guy, and if I had a 360, I'd definitely be buying from him.

I think Tony would definitely want an affiliate deal, because the guy is already really helpful to CAG's, and you can definitely tell we spiked his business.

The problem is VGC has no decent deals.. the deals the guy gave us were $9.99 copies of BMX XXX and 18 Wheeler.

hi OTT. Home from work. Stopped at the hardware store to get the freshly sharpened lawn mower blade, a back-up blade, a replacement frost free hose bib and accessories. Got the lawn mower blade back on and cut the lawn. Now we need to back to the store (only a mile away) to exchange the frostfree hose bib because it's the wrong size (even though we brought hte original in last weekend when we ordered it).

[quote name='XchikaXchikaX']hi OTT. Home from work. Stopped at the hardware store to get the freshly sharpened lawn mower blade [/quote]

mm hmmm

slingblade.jpg

Hey pooky, could you link to that because all the ones you have don't work :lol:. We need a new PC and that looks like as good as it gets.

Good'Morrow OTT. Going to go eat bbq sandwiches :drool:.

I also hope Cheapy drops that VGC douche. I don't see why anyone would buy from him after all his comments and shitty "deals".

Disappointing that he's still associated with us.

Type 53180083351 into a calculator and hold it upside down. Then read what it says.

Obviously, you need a calculator that can handle 11 digits.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Pretty hot deal at Dell.com - $220 shipped

Components
Dell Dimension C521
AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual-Core 3600+

Genuine Windows Vista™ Home Basic

No Monitor

1GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz- 2DIMMs

160GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/DataBurst Cache™

16x DVD+/-RW Drive

NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE Integrated Graphics GPU

Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio

Dell USB Keyboard and Dell Optical USB Mouse[/QUOTE]

Dell took of the 'no monitor' option so this is dead. Feh.

[quote name='Number83']Type 53180083351 into a calculator and hold it upside down. Then read what it says.

Obviously, you need a calculator that can handle 11 digits.[/QUOTE]

Or the ability to visualize it.

[quote name='wubb']Dell took of the 'no monitor' option so this is dead. Feh.

Or the ability to visualize it.[/QUOTE]
I looked at their site and you can still choose to have no monitor, but it doesn't come out to $220 (unless I messed it up somehow). I'd really like to get in on this too since we need a new PC :cry:.

speaking of dell, my mother took a risk and bought from ebay this grab bag of 8 dell items. This store she bought from is notorious for being disorganized because they have so many auctions, I think they are the #3 in feedback on ebay.
The picture on showed a laptop bag. A nice one at that. And the auction listed a keyboard and the bag and said there was more. Well the auction went for 81 dollars. She was hoping there was something in the laptop bag if you catch my drift. The reason why was the shipping was so high so it was heavy (they calculate weight)
She tends to buy broken laptops and fixes them and resells them. So... she gets the dell stuff in today. It was various junk in seperate boxes in a big dell box. So she gets the last box and she was disheartened cause it was so light. But she opens it and sure enough it was a laptop, a Dell Latitude.
So that was cool.

[quote name='AngellicLulu']speaking of dell, my mother took a risk and bought from ebay this grab bag of 8 dell items. This store she bought from is notorious for being disorganized because they have so many auctions, I think they are the #3 in feedback on ebay.
The picture on showed a laptop bag. A nice one at that. And the auction listed a keyboard and the bag and said there was more. Well the auction went for 81 dollars. She was hoping there was something in the laptop bag if you catch my drift. The reason why was the shipping was so high so it was heavy (they calculate weight)
She tends to buy broken laptops and fixes them and resells them. So... she gets the dell stuff in today. It was various junk in seperate boxes in a big dell box. So she gets the last box and she was disheartened cause it was so light. But she opens it and sure enough it was a laptop, a Dell Latitude.
So that was cool.[/quote]
What was the other stuff in the grab bag?

[quote name='shrike4242']What was the other stuff in the grab bag?[/quote]
a charger, an external drive, some expansion bay thingie, I think a mouse.
I haven't seen it so I only can remember what she told me... and I'm on medication so my brain is fuzzy.

Oh and that razr/ds combo I got for 80 came in. The DS's top screen has a huge white bar so we're going to try to fix it with another broken one we have. The razr is locked but works otherwise.

I may start renting The Sopranos (using Total Access, so it's not like I'm wasting money).

Also, the tiered Blockbuster Online thing isn't bad at all. It's going to be $16.99 for normal, $17.99 for Total Access. No point in not getting the latter.

Well I just talked to my mom she went to dell and priced her items
went to dell.com found the laptop and all the parts...laptop is on sale for 1199.99 after 280.00 off...the docking system is 199.99...The disk drive is 199.99 the disk drive case is 49.99 the keyboard is 49.99 the mouse is 20.00 the bag is 49.99

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Your mom got a good deal then![/quote]
After shipping it was 105 dollars. Compared to 1700 on Dell... it was a risk and she won... this time. :lol:

I need a cheap laptop.
Preferably 13" or smaller.

Really really need one.

EDIT:
UPS delivers on Saturdays right?
Why does Newegg say they don't deliver on Saturday, and my HDD is going to sit for two days....?

So here's her theory. The place listed this as 8 Dell Accessories and only pictured the nice leather laptop case. There was a big box from dell filled with 8 separate smaller boxes. All of those boxes had been opened EXCEPT for the laptop box. So here theory is they had no idea a laptop was in there or they would have listed it as such. The place is very disorganized (they sent her a sweatshirt instead of a CPU), I wouldn't be surprised.

[quote name='dallow']I need a cheap laptop.
Preferably 13" or smaller.

Really really need one.

EDIT:
UPS delivers on Saturdays right?
Why does Newegg say they don't deliver on Saturday, and my HDD is going to sit for two days....?[/QUOTE]

UPS doesn't deliver on Saturday unless you pay extra, and most companies don't pay extra.

It sucks, but it happened to me: My PC case got here Friday, and the parts sat in a UPS hub all of fri / sat / sun until they were delivered Mon. That's one reason I'd rather use USPS over UPS.

[quote name='Roufuss']UPS doesn't deliver on Saturday unless you pay extra, and most companies don't pay extra.

It sucks, but it happened to me: My PC case got here Friday, and the parts sat in a UPS hub all of fri / sat / sun until they were delivered Mon. That's one reason I'd rather use USPS over UPS.[/quote]

::slaps face::

Totally bummed out now.
Paid for "rush processing" for nothing!

[quote name='dallow']::slaps face::

Totally bummed out now.
Paid for "rush processing" for nothing![/QUOTE]

Don't worry, I paid for Rush Processing too on my Vista OEM, I bought it Tuesday with 2 day shipping, I figured if I rushed it, they'd ship Wednesday, I'd get it Friday when my XP 30 day's died, right?

Nope, they didn't ship until Thursday, and I got it Monday.

[quote name='AngellicLulu']a charger, an external drive, some expansion bay thingie, I think a mouse.
I haven't seen it so I only can remember what she told me... and I'm on medication so my brain is fuzzy.[/quote]
I'd be curious to see what they are, if someone could grab pics. ;)

[quote name='Roufuss']Don't worry, I paid for Rush Processing too on my Vista OEM, I bought it Tuesday with 2 day shipping, I figured if I rushed it, they'd ship Wednesday, I'd get it Friday when my XP 30 day's died, right?

Nope, they didn't ship until Thursday, and I got it Monday.[/quote]

Ouch man.

Apparently my Grandma(The one I don't live with) fell and hurt her back earlier this week. She was supposed to go to the doctor today so I'm going to go check up on her. Later OTT.

Man, I can't take anymore of that VGC thread, it's way too hard to take that guy seriously.

I had my fun in there causing the dude to have a freak out, though.

Shrike, just go lock it :rofl: It's nothing but a huge flame war on the first page of the deals thread! I've had my fun I think.

[quote name='Roufuss']Man, I can't take anymore of that VGC thread, it's way too hard to take that guy seriously.

I had my fun in there causing the dude to have a freak out, though.

Shrike, just go lock it :rofl: It's nothing but a huge flame war on the first page of the deals thread! I've had my fun I think.[/quote]
Nope, I'm not locking that. I'm leaving it where it is, and merging posts when there's 2+ posts in a row from the same poster.

It's Cheapy's thread, I'm not doing anything more than post merges.

[quote name='shrike4242']Nope, I'm not locking that. I'm leaving it where it is, and merging posts when there's 2+ posts in a row from the same poster.

It's Cheapy's thread, I'm not doing anything more than post merges.[/QUOTE]

It's the best thread in the world.

Funny how that guy nagged and nagged to be an affiliate, yet now that he is one, it just backfired.

But nah, I'm done, before I get a ban stick or something. I got a feeling I'm walking the line anyways.

Hey I found that Live card for you too!

[quote name='Roufuss']It's the best thread in the world.

Funny how that guy nagged and nagged to be an affiliate, yet now that he is one, it just backfired.

But nah, I'm done, before I get a ban stick or something. I got a feeling I'm walking the line anyways.

Hey I found that Live card for you too![/quote]He has nothing I want, so I'm not buying anything from him. Simple matter.

And he posts like an idiot, anyway. Doesn't endear me to his site, either.

Cool, I'm glad you found that card. I completely forgot about it.

[quote name='shrike4242']He has nothing I want, so I'm not buying anything from him. Simple matter.

And he posts like an idiot, anyway. Doesn't endear me to his site, either.

Cool, I'm glad you found that card. I completely forgot about it.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I need to find a penny or something to scratch it off for you, and NOT A PEN!!! ;)

And done!

[quote name='Roufuss']Yea, I need to find a penny or something to scratch it off for you, and NOT A PEN!!! ;)

And done![/quote]Worked like a champ, so I'm good until 12/17/08. Now, I just need to find a cheap 1 year card so I'm covered until the end of 2009.

[quote name='shrike4242']Worked like a champ, so I'm good until 12/17/08. Now, I just need to find a cheap 1 year card so I'm covered until the end of 2009.[/QUOTE]

Woot, awesome.

[quote name='Roufuss']Woot, awesome.[/quote]Yeah, I'd picked up a couple years of XBL from various sources for $25 and under per year, plus the random 3 month card here and there. That month card you hooked me up with rounded out the year.

I think I've spent less than $60 on almost 2.5 years of XBL, via XBL card deals here and there. Hopefully, the kits with the 06/30/07 expiring card will get discounted somewhere.

Sold my last PS1 game, so now I'm down to only NES and PC games left on Ebay - down from 64 BIN's to 29 now, so good show.

I've already got lots planned to auction in case this stuff doesn't sell. Only two weeks to go until I move =O

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back