Tomb Raider Preorder Exclusives Comparison Thread

smackinisaiah

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Sup CAGs!
This is my first attempt at a decent thread on here so any constructive criticism or advice is much appreciated and welcomed! I've saved a LOT of money on games in the past few months and the least I could do is contribute.

I'm currently in the market for Tomb Raider, and after comparing exclusives from some of the reputable retailers, I compiled a list of features for everyone to enjoy. I am aware that this is already a little dated, since Tomb Raider comes out next week, but it's my first attempt at this, and there's still some people on the fence about the game.

Also, this is my first of, hopefully, many posts like this. If anyone would like to give me a hand in compiling one solid, wikified thread that has preorder comparisons for all the upcoming games, please PM me and we can get something working.

3/5/13
TOMB RAIDER (X360/PS3)

Amazon:
  • Tomb Raider: Final Hours Edition $59.99 + FSS/Prime
    • Hunter Skin: An exclusive outfit that camouflages Lara in a heavy coating of mud, action movie-style.
    • The Final Hours of Tomb Raider 'Director's Cut' eBook for Kindle
    • The Art of Tomb Raider 'Amazon Edition' Art Book (Hardcover // 32 pages)
    • Tomb Raider Scavenger Hunt access code to unlock DLC items and chances to win prizes (mobile 'geocaching-esque' app, I believe? please correct me on this)
    • Shanty Town Multiplayer Map

• Receive $5 Amazon credit off the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (exclusions apply).
  • Exclusive codes e-mailed within 2 days of shipment. (including $5 Amazon credit)
  • Art book packaged and shipped with product.
  • Amazon will price match game to lowest cost on Amazon.com during time between preorder and the end of the day on release date.
Best Buy:
  • Tomb Raider $59.99 + FS/Pickup
    • Tomb Raider game
    • Aviatrix Skin: Dress Lara as a classic 1930s adventurer, bomber jacket and all.
    • Tomb Raider: The Beginnings Comic Book: Written by Rhianna Pratchett with cover art by Tomb Raider Art Director Brian Horton. The Beginnings is a 48-page, six-part comic book that explains how the Endurance's ill-fated voyage came to be. This special edition comic book brings together the cast and crew, including a budding young adventurer named Lara Croft, as they search for the Yamatai off Japan's East Coast. (Packages with the game.)
    • Shanty Town Multiplayer Map (thanks DeskLaser)

• $20 Reward Zone Certificate if you are a Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] member (received 30 days from date of purchase)
  • 2X Reward Zone points for new video game purchases
  • 15% off a Limited Edition guide ($32.30 + tax after discount)
    • Guide includes an exclusive 1.5" metal amulet with rope from the game, two special in-game digital downloads and a collectible hardcover strategy guide with a deluxe finish.
  • Tomb Raider Survival XBOX 360 controller ($39.99 when purchased with game)
Walmart:
  • Tomb Raider $59.96 + FS/Pickup
    • Guardian of Light download (1200 MSP / $15 value)
    • Guerrilla skin: This exclusive outfit makes Lara look like a jungle warfare guerrilla
    • Tomb Raider Scavenger Hunt code

• $4.99 VUDU Movie Credits (e-mailed)
GameStop:
  • Tomb Raider $59.96 + FS/Pickup
    • Exclusive Lost Adventurer Challenge Tomb. An exclusive tomb for Lara to raid! In this new location, Lara will encounter all new environment puzzles that will test her abilities.

• 10 points per dollar spent for PowerUp Rewards members
  • Tomb Raider Survival XBOX 360 controller $59.99
Target:
  • Tomb Raider $59.99 + FS/Pickup
    • Exclusive Target steelbook (preorder NOT required)
  • $5 Target GC after purchase

Amazon/Best Buy/Walmart/GameStop:

• Tomb Raider: Collector's Edition $99.99 + FS
    • Includes any store-specific exclusives (including Amazon)
    • Play Arts Kai Lara Croft Figurine: Fully posable figurine with over 40 points of articulation. The dirt on her body and clothes have been realistically recreated to tell the tale of Lara's fierce fight for survival on a desolate island in her first and most harrowing adventure. Comes with alternate set of 3 hands, bow and arrow, shotgun, handgun, and climbing axe. Figure Size: Approx 8.0" Tall
    • Endurance Survival Kit Packaging: Worn and weather-beaten steel tin (not a steel book) recovered from the Endurance shipwreck, and a 15" x 19" Double Sided Island Map and Poster. Discover Key Landmarks from the mysterious island of Yamati, where Lara Croft and her fellow castaways were marooned after the Endurance shipwreck. On the reverse is a poster size image of the box art that epitomizes Lara's origin story.
    • 5" x 7" heavy stock lithograph print with matte frame, designed by Crystal Dynamic's Senior Art Director, Brian Horton, painting by Brenoch Adams.
    • 3 Iron-on badges of the game's key icons (Animal Instincts, Climbing Axe, Fire Arrow)
    • Tomb Raider Original Soundtrack 'Survivalist cut'. A collection of 10 tracks totaling over 60 minutes of music from the game
    • Weapons Pack DLC
Microsoft Store:

• Tomb Raider $59.99 + FS
    • 1600 points card free with preorder from microsoftstore.com ($20 value)
      • Coupon code will be sent to email address associated with purchase within 10 days of game being shipped.
Again, if anyone has any comments, suggestions, or anything please let me know. Hope you CAGs find this useful!

Last edited by a moderator:
not sure if I'm reading right but are people getting standard copies of the game as their preorders at Best Buy - not the BestBuy bundled version?

[quote name='Gamer SDP']not sure if I'm reading right but are people getting standard copies of the game as their preorders at Best Buy - not the BestBuy bundled version?[/QUOTE]

The bundled version includes the standard version in a slipcase with the comic.

i dont know how people reported return regular copy to target but i just picked up a steelbook one at target and the UPC is sure different than the regular at gamestop and of course the bestbuy with comic. People said these are rare but I got one today and there are still at least 7 steelbooks left at my target

[quote name='red_devil32']i dont know how people reported return regular copy to target but i just picked up a steelbook one at target and the UPC is sure different than the regular at gamestop and of course the bestbuy with comic. People said these are rare but I got one today and there are still at least 7 steelbooks left at my target[/QUOTE]

I went to two targets and there were a lot of steelbooks.

[quote name='red_devil32']i dont know how people reported return regular copy to target but i just picked up a steelbook one at target and the UPC is sure different than the regular at gamestop and of course the bestbuy with comic. People said these are rare but I got one today and there are still at least 7 steelbooks left at my target[/QUOTE]

If you open the bundle from Best Buy, the regular version of the game is shrink wrapped with the normal barcode.

[quote name='strizay']stop lying[/QUOTE]

Are you talking to me? Because I'm pretty sure the Targets I went to are from where you are.

I bought both the steelbook at Target and the CE at Amazon. I figured I could return the CE game to Target but it doesn't look like they will be getting the the non-steelbook versions any time soon.

May just have to sell it on Ebay and take a small loss. But I just couldn't pass up that awesome steelbook....

[quote name='STEVE05']I bought both the steelbook at Target and the CE at Amazon. I figured I could return the CE game to Target but it doesn't look like they will be getting the the non-steelbook versions any time soon.

May just have to sell it on Ebay and take a small loss. But I just couldn't pass up that awesome steelbook....[/QUOTE]

I did the same, bought the steelbook and a BBY copy because I wanted the comic. Instead of selling on eBay or CL I'll just trade it back to BBY for $37.80 after bonus. I figured after the $20 RZ it's about the same and less headache trying to ship to someone.

So I ended up getting the limited edition controller but I don't have a X360 so I'm going to give it to a Xbox Tomb Raider fan.

Please only participate if you're going to use the code and not sell it.

First person to answer this correctly will get the DLC code.

- Who is the writer of this Tomb Raider reboot and what is this writer's father known for?

Good luck!

[quote name='kaiyouske']So I ended up getting the limited edition controller but I don't have a X360 so I'm going to give it to a Xbox Tomb Raider fan.

Please only participate if you're going to use the code and not sell it.

First person to answer this correctly will get the DLC code.

- Who is the writer of this Tomb Raider reboot and what is this writer's father known for?

Good luck![/QUOTE]

Rhianna Pratchett, father writes Discworld series of books.

Does anyone know if amazon is still giving out art book with the final hour edition? It doesn't say anything about the art book in the product description.

[quote name='zeonmx']Does anyone know if amazon is still giving out art book with the final hour edition? It doesn't say anything about the art book in the product description.[/QUOTE]

yea i'd like to know as well... it still says it is the "final hours edition" does final hours mean artbook or is that just the dlc?

[quote name='Jodou']For people that got the Amazon Final Hours edition: was the skin DLC emailed or packaged inside the game?[/QUOTE]

packaged inside

[quote name='Jodou']For people that got the Amazon Final Hours edition: was the skin DLC emailed or packaged inside the game?[/QUOTE]

Packaged inside.

That is so bizarre because in comparing sku's from GameStop, Amazon's is the same. In fact you'd never be able to tell the difference otherwise.

BestBuy's is the same too, if you're talking about sealed copy w/o the outer box and crap.

They definitely have retailer-specific DLC sheets of paper inside though.

I was able to return the sealed copy that came with my Best Buy CE to Target with the steelbook receipt with nary an issue. She scanned the receipt, scanned the game, I swiped my REDcard and was on my way.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']BestBuy's is the same too, if you're talking about sealed copy w/o the outer box and crap.

They definitely have retailer-specific DLC sheets of paper inside though.[/QUOTE]
That's crazy. I mean, what if someone accidentally mixed them up. . .

[quote name='Jodou']That's crazy. I mean, what if someone accidentally mixed them up. . .[/QUOTE]
The only mix up I see is when people start returning the game to different retailers, like BB's copy to Target.

maybe not the right place to ask but since this is the preorder exclusives thread.....if anyone has an aviatrix skin code for the pc to sell or trade please let me know, thanks

[quote name='enigma']I was able to return the sealed copy that came with my Best Buy CE to Target with the steelbook receipt with nary an issue. She scanned the receipt, scanned the game, I swiped my REDcard and was on my way.[/QUOTE]

someone that buys a copy at Target will end up getting Bestbuy dlc!

Other than Gamestop that prints their DLC on the receipt, all retail copies of Tomb Raider that promised pre-order DLC: Walmart, Target, Amazon, Best Buy is inside the case. I know as I have them all. LOL

[quote name='cheap05']So Bestbuy decided to screw me over on my pre-order. I went and pre-ordered the Collector's Edition last Thursday and went to pick it up yesterday afternoon, but for whatever reason, they were sold out of the xbox 360 version. Apparently there was either a mix-up with handing out xbox collector's edition instead of ps3 editions to customers, or that one of the employees thought it was okay to allow some of the customers to upgrade from their regular edition pre-order to the collector's edition.

I was then told by one of the employees that there was pretty much nothing they could do. One of my friends also works there, and although he tried to think of different ways to solve the problem (calling other bestbuys, etc.) he pretty much told me to wait it out and see if anyone returns it.

I'm going back tomorrow to see if I could talk to the store manager. Has anyone else dealt with this situation before and have any tips? I was going to give him the ole' you're losing a customer bit, but other suggestions are gladly welcome.[/QUOTE]

This has become a worse since BB moved preorders pick-ups to customer service, who know nothing about it and think the gaming center are still doing them. This results in no preorder copies being held and all of them just sitting on the shelves or gaming center desk with noone there.

[quote name='Tarskidx']Other than Gamestop that prints their DLC on the receipt, all retail copies of Tomb Raider that promised pre-order DLC: Walmart, Target, Amazon, Best Buy is inside the case. I know as I have them all. LOL[/QUOTE]
A friend at GS got extra codes for me and his friend. I guess they can get outside game to. He said he gets them from the computer. I have yet to start single to try gs sp one.

bread's done
Back