Too Human - Gen. Discussion & Info

Would have kept some people on the "4 player coop" train by lowering it to 3 instead of 2. Demo was alright. Controls take getting used to. Might buy it. Don't know why I'm typing like this lmao.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']I wish Sony and Snowblind Studios would just make Champions of Norrath 3 already[/quote]
This

For people who did not like the camera. If you press the D-pad you can change how far the camera is away from your character. I moved it out one which made a big difference for me.

As for the controls. First time I played i was a little put off. Then i read the advance controls in the menu, played again and really got it. Once you know how to do everything you will be moving all over the place, doing air moves, unleashing power attacks, etc.

[quote name='CaptDS9E']For people who did not like the camera. If you press the D-pad you can change how far the camera is away from your character. I moved it out one which made a big difference for me.

As for the controls. First time I played i was a little put off. Then i read the advance controls in the menu, played again and really got it. Once you know how to do everything you will be moving all over the place, doing air moves, unleashing power attacks, etc.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the camera tip, it helps out ALOT, I enjoyed it a lot more. I'm now seriously considering picking this game up the week it comes out. I love games like this but before the camera was just too close. I think the ISO camera is the best!

[quote name='CaptDS9E']For people who did not like the camera. If you press the D-pad you can change how far the camera is away from your character. I moved it out one which made a big difference for me.

As for the controls. First time I played i was a little put off. Then i read the advance controls in the menu, played again and really got it. Once you know how to do everything you will be moving all over the place, doing air moves, unleashing power attacks, etc.[/quote]

will have to give that a try

I just came from Gamestop and they have Too Human on 360 to be released on 8/5/08, I ask the guy who works their and he said they just got a letter from Corporate to place release dates on Hot upcoming games on the wall and trade in values.....but the computer still says 8/19/08...

Just played through the demo a second time. Liked it much more than I did the first time. I'll probably definitely pick this up at some point unless it gets absolutely terrible reviews--but from the demo it seems like it should be solid.

Still won't be a day 1 purchase as I won't have the couple games I'm playing now/have waiting on the shelf done by then and I still don't see it as a $60 purchase.

Too many damn cutscenes for a dungeonhack. I went into this expecting a Diablo or Kingdom Under Fire Circle of Doom. And if thats what they're trying to go for, THEY NEED A CUTSCENES OFF OPTION, DAMMIT.

Ugh, if I wanna story I'll go read a book or play a JRPG. To each their own, but GAWD did that demo turn me away from a game I was really anticipating. Oh well, only thing I ever really liked of Silicon Knights any way was Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen. Hope you guys that like it have fun.

Still will prolly give it ONE more shot though, the demo. And check vids when it comes out... been more than a few games I've hated the demo of and ended up loving the retail release. *crosses fingers

You can just hit B to skip the cutscenes.

I'm just hoping the story is good, one of the reasons I don't generally like dungeon hacks is lack of story to keep me going forward after I get bored of leveling and finding new gear.

This is a demo that gets better with more than one playthrough. Anyone on here who didn't like it here before because of camera and control issues read a few tips here and try again the game gets better as you get more use to how it plays. Its not as easy to pick up and get use to as most games I've run into anyway. Not without it feeling sort of clunky at first.

well if you want to play more characters just do this.

turn off the xbox 360
Unplug the internet cable or wireless device.
turn it back on and go to your system settings
Date and time and change the year to 2009.
Play the demo and now more classes have been unlocked.

and if you want to try you can do that switching characters to try to get the bio-engineer

I played through the demo again, and still found various menus to be very bothersome. My opinion on the Too Human demo is still the same. I'll pick it up when it drops to around 30 dollars.

I really didn't expect to enjoy the game much, but I liked it a lot. The only major flaw was the camera. I'll probably pick it up along with the bulk of the August/September/October releases I want at the October Toys R Us buy 2 get 1 feee sale.

I love this game and already pre-ordered it but dont you feel something at the back of your mind that there is a chance that when you buy the game and then you come home and check gameranking and it gets a shitty score? lol the score doesnt matter to me but if everyone says its broken its broken

[quote name='Wolve11']Gameinformer just came in and it gave it a 6.75.

Hopefully I'll get to disagree with them on this game.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I LOVE this game. I'll need to read some reviews about length and to see if most people's gripe is about the camera. I didn't mind the camera since you have the ability to zoom it out but a 6.75 seems a little harsh for this game.

[quote name='seanr1221']I used the 40% extra trade in credit for madden deal and put the money on this.

Anyone know what the free armor is like?[/quote]

It's armor made out of horse; specifically, Mr. Ed.

[quote name='dmaul1114']C- review from 1up.

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3169393

Odds of buying falling fast given I was thoroughly on the fence after playing the demo twice. Will wait for more reviews before deciding, but it's definitely at best a pick up at $20-30 game now (pretty much already was after the demo anyway).[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm with you there, I was going to pick this up at TRU but now I don't know. I'll wait for IGN and Gamespot, but I was a little worried about the problem with the loot expressed in the 1Up review. I'm a review whore as well and the demo didn't really provide me with enough play time to make a decision. I really liked the demo A LOT, but being a small snippet of the game I could see things growing old such as the skill tree and excessive loot. Looks like I'll just be picking up on some games I've missed and wait for Mercenaries.

[quote name='FrankySox']Yeah I'm with you there, I was going to pick this up at TRU but now I don't know. I'll wait for IGN and Gamespot, but I was a little worried about the problem with the loot expressed in the 1Up review. I'm a review whore as well and the demo didn't really provide me with enough play time to make a decision. I really liked the demo A LOT, but being a small snippet of the game I could see things growing old such as the skill tree and excessive loot. Looks like I'll just be picking up on some games I've missed and wait for Mercenaries.[/quote]

Same thoughts here. I don't usually play that close attention to review scores but when I'm on the fence as with this game, the scores it gets is enough for me to decide.

The loot comment worried me as well. When i play a loot collecting game I want a chance to find really good stuff, but it has to be rare. What I hate is games that let you find... say +1 sword, then next time you find... +2 sword..... then!!! +3 sword. Ugh. Plus what is the point in saving money if the store stuff is quickly obsolete? I WANT to save for a long time to buy that awesome ring, shield, helmet, whatever. Plus its so expensive I have to choose :)

This plus all the other problems, stiff cut scenes, uninspiring monsters, etc will make this a wait till its cheap buy.

That 1up review wasn't very descriptive, so I'll withhold judgment until I play the final version of the game. I'm hoping that I can find this on the cheap and go through it with a friend at least.

It's too bad that four player co-op was cut — that would have probably bolstered this game considerably.

[quote name='CdnArmy33']Same thoughts here. I don't usually play that close attention to review scores but when I'm on the fence as with this game, the scores it gets is enough for me to decide.
[/QUOTE]

Same here. I generally don't pay much attention to reviews or other's opinions on games in general.

Just when it's something I'm very much on the fence about, especially a game like this where I was still on the fence after playing a demo.

Gamespot review (5.5):

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/toohuman/review.html

IGN review (7.8)

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/899/899826p1.html

EGM's James "Milkman" Mielke wrote this about Too Human on NeoGaf forums:

As for the game itself, I reviewed it as well for EGM, and arrived at the same score as GianCarlo, independent of GianCarlo (we don't discuss our scores with each other until the text is handed in, to avoid hive-mind stuff). As a freak for loot whoring type games (Diablo II, Phantasy Star Online, Final Fantasy XI, Monster Hunter) I found Too Human unsatisfying on all levels. I can appreciate the spin on Norse myth, but once past that, there's so little else to keep me coming back to Too Human.

If you fell for the pre-order trap dangling special armor sets in front of you, I weep for your money. On some levels -- make that many levels -- I think Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom did a better job appeasing loot whores than Too Human. I've nothing against Silicon Knights, but if you're looking for a cheap copy of the game, I'd wait about two days, then go visit your nearest EB or Gamestop.

Here are the Pros and Cons of the game according to him:

Pros: Nice attempt at reinventing Norse mythology. Decent variety of accessory and armor looks.

Cons: Poor controls, poor camera angles (camera makes you do all the work, so not fun). Wants to be Halo-level epic, the visuals seem like they were pulled from unused Halo levels, then pulled back so as to be less recognizable. Wants to be Contra-meets-DMC, but go juggle some shit in DMC4 with Dante or Nero and them shoot your enemies in the air. The go try it in Too Human. One's awesome. The other isn't. Ray Barnholt of 1UP/EGM said it best when he said "if only the game were the first level repeated til the game's finish, then it would have been almost fine." While I didn't like the first level any more than the others, this says a lot.

So we have a C-, 5.5, and 7.8. Given I was so-so on the demo, I'm definitely passing on this.

Life is too short to play mediocre games.

[quote name='pete5883']Gamepro liked it. 4/5.[/QUOTE]

Gamepro likes everything...

Man Mielke's review really made me not want this anymore. KUF: Circle of Doom has better loot? WOW. That game sucks so bad even the loot couldn't save it for me, and he's saying its better than Too Human's loot? Lose.

It's getting pretty beat up in the reviews. As far as journalist integrity goes, I wonder how many reviewers had their write-up started before they got the final build of the game.

[quote name='Dezuria']Wasn't this made by Silicon Knights? They really didn't have a great track record to begin with.[/QUOTE]

Eternal Darkness is about the only good game that I know of from them. Other then this if it is good. I remember reading that they were having issues with the unreal engine with this game so I guess we will find out today how good it is.

Today or tomorrow?

Stupid dates always confuse me. SOMETIMES release date means "The store will have it that day". Sometimes it means "The game will ship to the store that day, and arrive the next".

Anyone know which it is with this one??

I asked at the local Gamestop last week...they said the 20th.

On another note: I don't much care about the reviews. I played the demo through with 4 of the different character types and it was a blast. Be even more fun with my wife playing "sidekick"......

As long as the story doesn't COMPLETELY suck, I'll be OK with it. And I suspect it'll be a decent way to kill time until Fable 2 and Fallout 3 hit.

[quote name='pilferk']Today or tomorrow?

Stupid dates always confuse me. SOMETIMES release date means "The store will have it that day". Sometimes it means "The game will ship to the store that day, and arrive the next".

On another note: I don't much care about the reviews. I played the demo through with 4 of the different character types and it was a blast. Be even more fun with my wife playing "sidekick"......

As long as the story doesn't COMPLETELY suck, I'll be OK with it. And I suspect it'll be a decent way to kill time until Fable 2 and Fallout 3 hit.[/QUOTE]

I haven't received a phone call to pick up my preorder so I'm starting to believe it is tomorrow... hopefully I'm wrong.

It is tomorrow. The shipdate is today. However some places will sell it today. I went to pick mine up and they told me they will have it around 5-6pm. This shipdate and release date is getting out of hand. In the past it was what ever day it said was the day you could pick it up. Now it is just all chance. You go to pick it up and chances are it could be that day but chances are it could be the next. Tuesday has allways been new release day so now this shipday is just bullshit. Most of it is just because some place payed a shit load just to have it one day early.

[quote name='pilferk']Today or tomorrow?

As long as the story doesn't COMPLETELY suck, I'll be OK with it. And I suspect it'll be a decent way to kill time until Fable 2 and Fallout 3 hit.[/quote]
The ads I've seen posted in the deals forum mention that it's not available until tomorrow.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Gamepro likes everything...

Man Mielke's review really made me not want this anymore. KUF: Circle of Doom has better loot? WOW. That game sucks so bad even the loot couldn't save it for me, and he's saying its better than Too Human's loot? Lose.[/QUOTE]
Mielke liked KUF: CoD though. So it's not supposed to be much of an insult.

I had mine preordered at a gamecrazy and that is where I got mine. I played some of it. It isn't bad but starts to get to be a little to much on screen at times. Half the achievements seem to be a secret. I actually think the demo was better then the game. However the game still is fun just the controles don't seem to be all that great. Also last I checked armor codes are not working and that chances are because the game does not come out till tomorrow.

[quote name='FrankySox']No[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, let me rephrase the question, based on your prior post:

Is anyone who is actually planning on picking the game up interested in coop this weekend?

There, that's better.

bread's done
Back