Toys R Us" Green Tag Sale....90% off--->FREE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

8ballGuy

Banned
Hey just got back from toys r us, and all Green tag items are 0.01 cent and then 90% off which equals free. I picked up Backyard Wrestling, Deus Ex: Invisible War, bunch of PSX games

sorry if it was a repost

employee told me eerything is free and their suppose to throw everything away

[quote name='Oktoberfest']god what a waste... why would they simply throw away so many games?[/QUOTE]

I think there's a remote location in NM you'd might be interested in "digging" around. ;)

I doubt my TRU have anything left, went there about a month ago for the Star Wars stuff and there wasn't any green tag stuff left except a couple of crappy PC games.

[quote name='Scorch']I went to the Antioch store a few weeks ago.. only thing I saw were a bunch of Primal's and a ton of Dreamcast sports 3 packs.. went back this past weekend and didn't see any of it, but then again I didn't look too hard..[/QUOTE]

That's classic... more Primals. I just picked up the last batch last week for $1.50 each... No one seems to want them even after they've been sitting there for months. How many copies of this disc did Sony press out?

Seems like most green tag items have slowly dissapeared over the last month or so... i doubt i'll find anything but it's worth a shot.

[quote name='roguejedi5']I doubt my TRU have anything left, went there about a month ago for the Star Wars stuff and there wasn't any green tag stuff left except a couple of crappy PC games.[/QUOTE]

which tru in s. california do you usually hit up???

[quote name='atomsk']Anybody go dumpster diving?[/QUOTE]
I would, but my TRU has a compactor. You don't mess with those. Was FFT or Legend of Dragoon part of the green tag sale?

I scored some free games on Monday at TRU. I doubt they are still on the shelf, management probablly removed them all after I left.
They were some generic psone games but I did see some Soul Cali II guides that I'm going to have to check out.

[quote name='asianxcore']I work at TRU. anyone who is selling the stuff that is supposed to be destroyed is pretty much going to be terminated.[/QUOTE]

Running Man style?

[quote name='erehwon']I would, but my TRU has a compactor. You don't mess with those. Was FFT or Legend of Dragoon part of the green tag sale?[/QUOTE]

And the headlines read..... "Gaming Ethusiast Killed In TRU Trash Compactor".

If anyone is going to toysrus and they happen to have a copy of Klona 1 or 2 i forget which (sp) for GBA can they just check it for me, because mine had it green tagged for twenty and in retrospect im stupid for not checking but i'd be interested in knowing if it's next to nothing.

[quote name='CheapyD']I know this is a long shot for many reasons, but anyone check out TRU in Times Square (NYC)?[/QUOTE]

Thought that this was suppose to be closing up soon?

[quote name='uzumaki_star']Thought that this was suppose to be closing up soon?[/QUOTE]

That could be one of the "many reasons" that it is a long shot.

[quote name='Scorch']I went to the Antioch store a few weeks ago.. only thing I saw were a bunch of Primal's and a ton of Dreamcast sports 3 packs.. went back this past weekend and didn't see any of it, but then again I didn't look too hard..[/QUOTE]

Doesn't Primal sell to FYE for $15? :hot:

A few weeks back I got a bunch of free or .01 guides from TRU in Danville, VA. I don't think they had any .01 or free games at the time though. I know for sure the Ace Combat 5 and MGS3 guides were on the green tag list. I have more at home but I can't remember what they were.

In general retailers are supposed to destroy pennied-out merchandise. I know that is how it is in the bookstore I work at. There has been a few times I'll sell .01 stuff though. That's better than throwing it out IMO.

[quote name='uzumaki_star']Thought that this was suppose to be closing up soon?[/QUOTE]I'm pretty sure you are thinking of the Union Square location.

[quote name='CheapyD']I'm pretty sure you are thinking of the Union Square location.[/QUOTE]

Yea that one is going to be out really soon, the places to check now (or at least that ill be checking) are the ones near kings plaza mall and on bay parkway I believe is another one (near bestbuy and a khols).

[quote name='CheapyD']I'm pretty sure you are thinking of the Union Square location.[/QUOTE]
My bad since I know that I heard one was closing in New York didn't know which one.

[quote name='subhumanx1']Don't even bother checking our store. We haven't had any green tag games since March.
Oh... correction.... there's actually still a bunch of copies of NFL 2K3 for XB in the back. If anyone cares lol....[/QUOTE]

Which one?

This is a lame thread that will grow to 200 pages . . .

I know my TRU (Racine, WI) cleared out absolutely all green tag leftovers months ago. It sucked because they had a bunch of GBA card reader cards and I passed on them but then got a reader for $7.50 at Target . . . went back and they had dumped them. I asked a friendly electronics worker and she said the district manager ordered it.

Mostly, people are pretty anal-retentive in Wisconsin (the ole German work ethic) so managers make employees work their whole shift and most stores clean up very quickly.

I absolutely despise any of you who say their store has a pile of this or that green tag stuff left . . . :) Although I scored like a bandit back in Dec. with the magic coupon that took $10 ANY pair of games.

In Wayne, NJ, 18 copies of Perfect Dark will soon meet their grave. Damn bastards wouldn't let me take a single one!

why throw away games rather then at least sell them for a dollar each (or even lower) ..I bet the NYC toys r us in times square has SHIT to sell blahhhh -=/

[quote name='portnoyd']In Wayne, NJ, 18 copies of Perfect Dark will soon meet their grave. Damn bastards wouldn't let me take a single one![/QUOTE]

Oh the humanity!!!! Think of the children!!!

[quote name='portnoyd']In Wayne, NJ, 18 copies of Perfect Dark will soon meet their grave. Damn bastards wouldn't let me take a single one![/QUOTE]

My TRU had afew copies left that disappeared about the same time that the green tag stuff went to 70% off I would have been very happy to have gotten a copy for a dollar it's sad to hear that so many copies of Perfect Dark have been sitting at this store for so many months for a buck and couldn't sell when I would have probably picked up afew of them for no good reason at all if they weren't selling if this was happening at my local TRU :D

stopped at my local TRU and couldn't find much of anything with a green tag. I did find XB guide "Blow off the Lid" with a green tag price of $14.99 but when I scanned it, it showed no reduction, price was $14.99.

No other sales indicated.

You guys are lucky. I just called my Toys R Us and they said that they have to destroy all of their green tagged items instead of giving them out. I think it total is B.S. Get on this deal before they might decide to destroy the games at your TRU too.

Well, I got some stuff. Here's the really exciting list of what I found.

Games:
Breakout (PS1) (This was in some crazy longbox packaging like you would see at Sam's or Costco)
Donkey Kong 3 e-Reader game

Accessories:
5 PS1 Interact Memory Cards (they literally had 100+ of these)
2 Xbox RFU adapters
2 GameCube Minidisc carriers (not sure why I grabbed these, I guess I'll figure out something to do with them)
1 N64 Power Adapter
1 Universal earbud for some cell phone or something (I figured I might be able to use it on something else)

Guides:
2 Yu-Gi-OH FBK (GCN)
Yu Yu Hakusho (GBA)
GameShark Pocket Guide
Toys R Us Book Of Codes
X2: Wolverine's Revenge

I also picked up 2 copies of Gran Turismo 2 because I had picked this game up on green tag earlier in the sale. They rang up as $6.98 though, so those will be returned.

[quote name='CheapyD']Struck out at Times Square NYC TRU.
They did have Full Spectrum Warrior for PS2 for $8 or $9 bucks.[/QUOTE]

Hooray, even CheapyD can not compete with my haul to end all hauls! :) I will go back to TRU, buy the rest of the PS1 memory cards, corner the market on third-party PS1 memory cards, and rule the world! Then maybe I'll figure out what to do with these GCN minidisc cases.

[quote name='The Don']You guys are lucky. I just called my Toys R Us and they said that they have to destroy all of their green tagged items instead of giving them out. I think it total is B.S. Get on this deal before they might decide to destroy the games at your TRU too.[/QUOTE]

im surprise no one read the post I made. I work at TRU and it isn't a "might" to destroying green tag items, it is a must. It is an order given to all TRU stores to destroy green tag merchandise.

[quote name='asianxcore']im surprise no one read the post I made. I work at TRU and it isn't a "might" to destroying green tag items, it is a must. It is an order given to all TRU stores to destroy green tag merchandise.[/QUOTE]
Sarge_Drawing.gif

THATS AN ORdER, MAGGOTS!

went to 2 tru in san jose and 1 in sunnyvale, i got

ncaa final four 2003 - ps2
psone multitap
mlb2k2 -dc
wwe no mercy -n64 x4 or 5
wcw mayham -n64 x2 or 3

not the greatest stuff, but the greatest price

This could make an interesting (but short) front page piece....stores destroying sale merchandise!
Anyone hear of other retailers doing this?

I got in on the Roanoke , VA. store, but I don't think they liked it. I went Monday and picked up 2 Talknet PS2 headsets and a Psone screen ( intec ) for a penny each. Went back an hour later to get some more stuff, and everything was gone! Seemed as if they missed the memo and I reminded them! They did have a bunch of ereader cards, a few psone games and ps2 jampacks...I guess they got piled.

Wayne eh? That's pretty damn close to me (I'm in Rockaway). Looks like I'll have some competition for the next CC sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back