Toys R Us" Green Tag Sale....90% off--->FREE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

8ballGuy

Banned
Hey just got back from toys r us, and all Green tag items are 0.01 cent and then 90% off which equals free. I picked up Backyard Wrestling, Deus Ex: Invisible War, bunch of PSX games

sorry if it was a repost

employee told me eerything is free and their suppose to throw everything away

Went to the one in Murrieta, CA and they only had a ps1 power cord for $2.38 (probably left over from the last green tag sale). Asked the guy about any green tag sales going on, said he didn't know of any, but that they might be having one in the next few days. Guess I'll stop back in this weekend or something.

[quote name='MorPhiend']I doubt they'll have anything (I haven't seen anything for like five months), but I'll check for you Scorch. If they have it, it'll just be shipping.[/QUOTE]

Hey did you make that NES revolution pic? That is awesome. I'd so buy one on day one if it looked like that! :)

I just stopped by the TRU in West Melbourne, FL and they didn't have a single green tagged item. They had tons of next-gen stuff, but it was all full price, and the PSX stuff they had was in the $15 range. Very disappointing.

[quote name='CheapyD']This could make an interesting (but short) front page piece....stores destroying sale merchandise!
Anyone hear of other retailers doing this?[/QUOTE]

I work for a College Bookstore (it is a national chain). It is policy that whenever computer software is pennied out we are supposed to destroy it. The official reason given is that it can screw with inventory if we don't but IMO that is bull. The reason they do that IMO is so that employees won't order too much of a particular item then be able to get it for .01 a year later. We have had software that I have missed sending back and it went to a penny. Autocad 2002 comes to mind. I overlooked it and a lady wanted to buy it so I let her have it for a penny.

What the balls! It seems that a lot of green tag stuff has been marked up, or is holding steady. I guess I should of bought that PS2: Blow the Lid Off book earlier.

Arg...I hope the next greentag sale (starts mid-July is the rumor, right?) yields some good stuff...I'm hoping for cheap SMT:Nocturne, or cheap PS1 screens...

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']There's also some PS1 games and, if I'm not mistaken, the PS1 Screens are green tagged.

I must go first thing in the morning. Which means I'll probably be up all night. o_O[/QUOTE]
The PSOne screens are on clearance, not green tagged. $22.98 if I remember correctly.

I remember getting an Xbox screen for $15 (90% off). Imagine picking up one of those for free.

[quote name='yeldarb367']The PSOne screens are on clearance, not green tagged. $22.98 if I remember correctly.

I remember getting an Xbox screen for $15 (90% off). Imagine picking up one of those for free.[/QUOTE]
Hmm...oh, well. Maybe they'll green tag them at the next Green Tag sale (*wishful thinking*). Either way, the PS1 games, which are clearly green tagged, are coming up full price...bleh.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']What the balls! It seems that a lot of green tag stuff has been marked up, or is holding steady. I guess I should of bought that PS2: Blow the Lid Off book earlier.

Arg...I hope the next greentag sale (starts mid-July is the rumor, right?) yields some good stuff...I'm hoping for cheap SMT:Nocturne, or cheap PS1 screens...[/QUOTE]

It was mid-August when they had the one last year.

but it didnt get good until around october when it hit 50%, than it gor REALLY good around new years when it hit 75%, and oh man, do i even have to mention the 90%?

[quote name='shrike4242']It was mid-August when they had the one last year.[/QUOTE]
Right...I just seem to remember Tubtub mentioning July. I could be wrong, and I'm too lazy to go look it up in the TRU Summer Clearance Thread. ;)

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Right...I just seem to remember Tubtub mentioning July. I could be wrong, and I'm too lazy to go look it up in the TRU Summer Clearance Thread. ;)[/QUOTE]

July was the CC $5 sale.

August was the TRU Green Tag Sale.

October (I think it was October) was the B2G1 sale at TRU.

I think those were the three big ones from 2004's memory since I came to CAG.

[quote name='punqsux']but it didnt get good until around october when it hit 50%, than it gor REALLY good around new years when it hit 75%, and oh man, do i even have to mention the 90%?[/QUOTE]

Punq, do you need a moment alone? :whistle2:s

[quote name='shrike4242']July was the CC $5 sale.

August was the TRU Green Tag Sale.

October (I think it was October) was the B2G1 sale at TRU.

I think those were the three big ones from 2004's memory since I came to CAG.[/QUOTE]

December was the Any two games less than $10 coupon for TRU as well...I'm sure many people remember this...

[quote name='rywateska']December was the Any two games less than $10 coupon for TRU as well...I'm sure many people remember this...[/QUOTE]

Oh, yes, I forgot about one. :D Thanks for the reminder.

ryan get your ass off cag and head over to monroeville now! i havent been there since the 90% sale but they had a TON of everything!

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Autocad 2002 comes to mind. I overlooked it and a lady wanted to buy it so I let her have it for a penny.[/QUOTE]

:gasp: You had copies of AutoCAD 2002 for a penny?!?!?!?!?!?!? You lucky bastard. I could really use that on my computer since I'm going to college for CADD and they won't give us a full version.

[quote name='punqsux']ryan get your ass off cag and head over to monroeville now! i havent been there since the 90% sale but they had a TON of everything![/QUOTE]

What constitutes everything? :lol:

I'm sure you made out like a bandit, punq.

[quote name='Trakan']What constitutes everything? :lol:

I'm sure you made out like a bandit, punq.[/QUOTE]
actully im in new york right now, so i dont know what was there for free but during the 90% off sale they had a TON of ps1 games n64 games, and accessories and all kinds of stuff.

[quote name='punqsux']ryan get your ass off cag and head over to monroeville now! i havent been there since the 90% sale but they had a TON of everything![/QUOTE]

I remember getting a handful of green tags from there back in the day...I stopped by Ross Park today and talked to about 3 employee's and the manager. I tried every trick I had and man, STILL no luck. I even went as far to locate the dumpster only to find it under padlock. It's not worth the $1 turnpike fee and that wasted time to go to Monroeville only to get the same results. If I had decent luck with today's findings at Ross Park things would've been different.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Wayne eh? That's pretty damn close to me (I'm in Rockaway). Looks like I'll have some competition for the next CC sale.[/QUOTE]

I have a girlfriend, also in games, who works outta da home. She senses a CC sale in the works, and is ready as soon as either of us find out.

IT'S ON ;)

[quote name='rywateska']December was the Any two games less than $10 coupon for TRU as well...I'm sure many people remember this...[/QUOTE]

That "magic" coupon was soooo great . . . I picked up many games with it . . . some for play and some for trade-in deals. How I miss the magic that worked at the register.

How'd this work?i

I must have missed out on this somehow.

Monroville...thats where they filmed the original Dawn of the Dead. I envy you.

Anyone in the San Diego area know if any TRU's have anything? I haven't been to a TRU in quite a while now.

I could just kick myself... was there a few days ago... store was loaded with too much green tag crap... though crap... it was free...

i think they had a ton of "e-mail for game boy color" wireless thingys, a ton of sports/wrestling DC games, as well as, get this, some game gear games (best I could find was a golfing game, new in box, still factory sealed).

[quote name='punqsux']does anyone need a TON of sealed dreamcast sports games? :lol:[/QUOTE]
Which games you got and how much do you want for them? Send me a list via eMail or PM. Thanks.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Anyone in the San Diego area know if any TRU's have anything? I haven't been to a TRU in quite a while now.[/QUOTE]

Made stops at 3 TRU's today and found very little. Went to Murrieta and they had nothing. Went to San Marcos/Escondido and they knew nothing about it. Tried the one in La Mesa and couldn't find anything. Asked him if they had any Primal's (only game I could remeber someone mentioning was green-tagged) and he said he would look. Found one in the back and I asked him how much. Scanned for a penny so he called the manager. Manager said I could have it for 90% off of the original price, so I got it for $2 + tax. However, right after I was rung up, manager told him to make sure everything from green tag was put away and nothing else is to be sold. :cry: You might wanna try the one off the corner of I-8 and I-5.

Well, I went back to TRU and was able to find a Thunder Strike (PS1). I also picked up some more PS1 memory cards and more Gamecube game wallets. I found out that the game wallets trade in at GameRush for $1.50, so I think that's what I'm going to end up doing with them.

Hit two TRUs today (I left Tally TRU for Coffeedge), found nothing although they did have plenty of PS1 games. Are Twisted Metal PS1 games green tagged and jus not marked?

I know Twisted Metal 3 is green tag. Or it was at one point. I tried Twisted Metal 4 during the 90% off and had no luck.
Don't know about 1 and 2, if any TRU had them.

At the TRU in Murray, UT, they had as many Golf and Tennis e-Reader cards as you could carry. I already have each of them (I can't believe I feel getting them for $1 on clearance now was a bad deal) or I might have grabbed.

[quote name='shipwreck']Well, I went back to TRU and was able to find a Thunder Strike (PS1). I also picked up some more PS1 memory cards and more Gamecube game wallets. I found out that the game wallets trade in at GameRush for $1.50, so I think that's what I'm going to end up doing with them.[/QUOTE]

Which one's are those? (err... the game wallet, which one is it?)

BTW: on a side note I field 2 phone calls about Green tags and had two people ask me about Green tags...*sigh*

It's over. The stuff is gone. Culver City store is dry. Stop calling. Wait for the next one.

[quote name='asianxcore']I work at TRU. anyone who is selling the stuff that is supposed to be destroyed is pretty much going to be terminated. So get on this while you still can, since most stores have gotten word to get rid of all green tag items.[/QUOTE]

Are you serious about TRU people getting fired if they sell green-tag items?

I got some stuff today... i was looking at the TRU employee's name tag and saw that he had been working at TRU since 1986. I'd hate for him to lose his job after nearly 20-years of service, just because he sold me some green-tag items.

Hope you're wrong.

I know Twisted Metal 3 is green tag. Or it was at one point. I tried Twisted Metal 4 during the 90% off and had no luck.
Don't know about 1 and 2, if any TRU had them.

Twisted Metal was taken off green tag about a month ago as were a bunch of other PS1 games - Syphon Filter, Spyros, Crash Bandicoots, and Gran Turismo 2.

[quote name='Pookymeister1234']Doesn't Primal sell to FYE for $15? :hot:[/QUOTE]

Actually $10 at FYE... I believe $7.50 at Wherehouse B&M.

I was surprised to find games at TRU... I picked up one or two of each... This father and 6-year old son who was buying Fifa Street (PS2) asked if they could get some and I gave them a few of mine since I had extras... in the process, I also found pennied-out RE:Outbreak and Ninja Gaiden guides.

Actually the most expensive thing I bought was a 50-cent Tak GBA SP bag. I hope my new DS can fit in there. I'm glad I made the special trip, I almost sat this one out thinking TRU was cleaned out months before.

Sega GT 2002
NFL 2K3 (XB)
NCAA 2k3 (XB)
Universal Studios (GC)
Sneakers (XB TRU exclusive)
Perfect Dark (N64)
WCW Mayhem (N64)
NHL 2K2 (DC)
N64 Gameshark
GC Battery

Apparently PS2 Twin Shock controllers were pennied out too but none were left... i think some PC games were on free too (High Heat Baseball with Curt Schilling).

[quote name='tubtub']Twisted Metal was taken off green tag about a month ago as were a bunch of other PS1 games - Syphon Filter, Spyros, Crash Bandicoots, and Gran Turismo 2.[/QUOTE]
That's another odd thing I ran into. While all the other PS1 games were ringing up full price (everything from Spyro to Twisted Metal to Syphon Filter and more), Gran Turismo 2 was coming up for 90% off, 70 cents. I wonder why that one thing remained tagged?

That's another odd thing I ran into. While all the other PS1 games were ringing up full price (everything from Spyro to Twisted Metal to Syphon Filter and more), Gran Turismo 2 was coming up for 90% off, 70 cents. I wonder why that one thing remained tagged?

There are actually 2 skns for GT2. One has a UPC over the barcode and one doesn't. I think the one with the UPC isn't green tag and the other one is, but it may be the other way.

OK, semi stupid question, but are they just putting stuff in the dumpster? I know which dumpster at the mall goes to TRU because it always has empty cardboard boxes from toy companise

[quote name='smalien1']OK, semi stupid question, but are they just putting stuff in the dumpster? I know which dumpster at the mall goes to TRU because it always has empty cardboard boxes from toy companise[/QUOTE]

I would imagine. Go dumpster dive, smalien! Don't forget about people going home from college. I know a guy that dumpster dove by a college and found a PS2 with San Andreas.. who would dump that stuff!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back