Toys R Us" Green Tag Sale....90% off--->FREE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

8ballGuy

Banned
Hey just got back from toys r us, and all Green tag items are 0.01 cent and then 90% off which equals free. I picked up Backyard Wrestling, Deus Ex: Invisible War, bunch of PSX games

sorry if it was a repost

employee told me eerything is free and their suppose to throw everything away

[quote name='tubtub']There are actually 2 skns for GT2. One has a UPC over the barcode and one doesn't. I think the one with the UPC isn't green tag and the other one is, but it may be the other way.[/QUOTE]

I believe one was always $14.99 green tagged (removed from green tag awhile ago) and I think the other one that was was removed from green tags recently (i.e. when they took off Twisted Metal 3, Syphon Filter, etc)

The reason that I know is cause they are priced at $6.98...and were green tagged but one of our genius co-workers decided to horde them all. Unfortunately she's a retard and hid them away instead of buying them...by the time I found them they were already off green tag.

My TRU was empty.

Dumpster diving rocks. I've gotten two queen matresses and an Xbox racing wheel /peddals free so far. I bleached the matresses and the cap pops off the shifter.

[quote name='tubtub']There are actually 2 skns for GT2. One has a UPC over the barcode and one doesn't. I think the one with the UPC isn't green tag and the other one is, but it may be the other way.[/QUOTE]
OK, now I see. I should have guessed it was something like that. Thanks.

I am going to take my chances and go see what my TRU has tomorrow.

By the way did you guys know its illegal to dumpster dive. Also homeless people can not dumpster dive at any food place or other fine establishment...how bad has the government gotten.

[quote name='Kayden']I've gotten two queen matresses and an Xbox racing wheel /peddals free so far. I bleached the matresses and the cap pops off the shifter.[/QUOTE]

Ewww... gross. A word of advice - sell the video games and buy a new mattress.

so i stopped by the closest TRU today, which also happens to be the busiest one on the north side of chicago. sure enough, there was a cart of things that i remembered as being green-tagged, including some good games i hadn't even seen at that location before. i grabbed a couple, brought them to the clerk, and she cheerily scanned them all and announced that each one was one cent. i smiled and said i'd be right back, that i was going to grab a couple more. she offered to hold the ones i had so far, and i walked back to the cart with that special CAG feeling in my stomach. as i'm deciding which games i should leave, another clerk comes out of the back, notices where i am, and tells me the games aren't for sale. that they have to mail them back, blah blah blah. goes and grabs the ones i had on the counter and puts them back in the cart. so i calmly ask for the manager, telling him i don't mean to be upset, that he was just doing his job. to make a long story short, the manager was a total douche; i was reasonable, and just asked to be able to buy the ones i initially price-checked. "i will sell them to you at their original price, but if you think i'm going to sell them for a penny, if that's what you're getting at, you're wrong". i explained that i work at a store, and understand what field destroy implies, but that good customer service means honoring your prices, ESPECIALLY when they're casually sitting out on the floor, they ring up as such, the clerk asks you if you'd like to buy them, and you've spent tons of money there in the past. no dice. anyhow, i know everyone here has a story like that, it's just the first time it's happened to me and i wanted to share my frustration.

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']so i stopped by the closest TRU today, which also happens to be the busiest one on the north side of chicago. sure enough, there was a cart of things that i remembered as being green-tagged, including some good games i hadn't even seen at that location before. i grabbed a couple, brought them to the clerk, and she cheerily scanned them all and announced that each one was one cent. i smiled and said i'd be right back, that i was going to grab a couple more. she offered to hold the ones i had so far, and i walked back to the cart with that special CAG feeling in my stomach. as i'm deciding which games i should leave, another clerk comes out of the back, notices where i am, and tells me the games aren't for sale. that they have to mail them back, blah blah blah. goes and grabs the ones i had on the counter and puts them back in the cart. so i calmly ask for the manager, telling him i don't mean to be upset, that he was just doing his job. to make a long story short, the manager was a total douche; i was reasonable, and just asked to be able to buy the ones i initially price-checked. "i will sell them to you at their original price, but if you think i'm going to sell them for a penny, if that's what you're getting at, you're wrong". i explained that i work at a store, and understand what field destroy implies, but that good customer service means honoring your prices, ESPECIALLY when they're casually sitting out on the floor, they ring up as such, the clerk asks you if you'd like to buy them, and you've spent tons of money there in the past. no dice. anyhow, i know everyone here has a story like that, it's just the first time it's happened to me and i wanted to share my frustration.[/QUOTE]

that sucks...next time, get everything you want and dont look back..just pay for it and get out as soon as possible...if AFTER you paid and someone tries to stop you, run!!! :lol:

Tried the TRU in Cuy Falls/Akron OH and the oh so gracious employees let me have my stuff for the 90^% off, but not the .01 price. Oh well, TM3 and Syphon Filter for $3 was worth it.

I WIN!!!! I'M THE NEW KING OF THIS THREAD!!! I was visiting my bro in Parsippany N.J. today and he wanted to go to the Rockaway Mall. So I took a ride. GLAD I DID! They had a TRU and I scored a free XBOX LCD SCREEN!!!!!!!!!!! I also grabbed 4 DC sports Bundles for free! I also grabbed 6 copies of Bloodrayne for the xbox at $3.98 a pop. They had a ton and there good for $10 over at FYE. I'm one happy dude :)

Scan

[quote name='jkam']I WIN!!!! I'M THE NEW KING OF THIS THREAD!!! I was visiting my bro in Parsippany N.J. today and he wanted to go to the Rockaway Mall. So I took a ride. GLAD I DID! They had a TRU and I scored a free XBOX LCD SCREEN!!!!!!!!!!! I also grabbed 4 DC sports Bundles for free! I also grabbed 6 copies of Bloodrayne for the xbox at $3.98 a pop. They had a ton and there good for $10 over at FYE. I'm one happy dude :)

Scan
[/QUOTE]

Hahah you mother fucker. What time did you go? I was at that TRU at 2:00 and it was cleaned out excpet for the Dreamcast Sports games.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Hahah you mother fucker. What time did you go? I was at that TRU at 2:00 and it was cleaned out excpet for the Dreamcast Sports games.[/QUOTE]

This was at 8:30 tonight. It was sitting with all the new bigger Xbox screens. The box is a little beat up but I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it! I'm thinking maybe it was a return...I can't imagine it going un-noticed @ 90% off for $15. The weird think was the guy working the register didn't even flinch when it rang up for nothing.

[quote name='jkam']This was at 8:30 tonight. It was sitting with all the new bigger Xbox screens. The box is a little beat up but I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it! I'm thinking maybe it was a return...I can't imagine it going un-noticed @ 90% off for $15. The weird think was the guy working the register didn't even flinch when it rang up for nothing.[/QUOTE]

If it was the nerdy/retarded looking guy, he knew about it. I asked him if there was any green tag stuff left and he just mentioned the Dreamcast stuff.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']If it was the nerdy/retarded looking guy, he knew about it. I asked him if there was any green tag stuff left and he just mentioned the Dreamcast stuff.[/QUOTE]

He was kind of a stoner. The screen didn't have a green tag or any markings that would make it stand out. That's why I'm thinking it had to be a return. This was just completely dumb ass luck.

[quote name='jkam']He was kind of a stoner. The screen didn't have a green tag or any markings that would make it stand out. That's why I'm thinking it had to be a return. This was just completely dumb ass luck.[/QUOTE]

Oh, you just knew it was supposed to be on sale? No wonder I missed it.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Oh, you just knew it was supposed to be on sale? No wonder I missed it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah some people were getting the screen @ $15 when the original 90% off sale took place. I kept my eye open for them but never found one. The newer intec screens are bigger than 5.4" so when I saw it next to the bigger sized ones I couldn't believe it.

I picked up a free Stretch Panic in the Layton, Utah store. I didn't see anything green tagged anymore so I think you just have to know it is clearance or scan a bunch of stuff. They had some SNES and Genesis games I suspect may be green tag items but they were in boxed cases and I couldn't scan them without taking them out. Nothing special, Jungle Strike and some sports games as I recall. I didn't see anything else but I didn't have a lot of time to look either.

YMMV on dumpster diving. The instructions are to destroy the merchandise and stores are supposed to damage it(sorta how they are supposed to rip the penny guides up before throwing them out). So if you do dumpster dive you may find a bunch of damaged unusable stuff, but there are stores that will just throw it out without destroying it.

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']so i stopped by the closest TRU today, which also happens to be the busiest one on the north side of chicago. sure enough, there was a cart of things that i remembered as being green-tagged, including some good games i hadn't even seen at that location before. i grabbed a couple, brought them to the clerk, and she cheerily scanned them all and announced that each one was one cent. i smiled and said i'd be right back, that i was going to grab a couple more. she offered to hold the ones i had so far, and i walked back to the cart with that special CAG feeling in my stomach. as i'm deciding which games i should leave, another clerk comes out of the back, notices where i am, and tells me the games aren't for sale. that they have to mail them back, blah blah blah. goes and grabs the ones i had on the counter and puts them back in the cart. so i calmly ask for the manager, telling him i don't mean to be upset, that he was just doing his job. to make a long story short, the manager was a total douche; i was reasonable, and just asked to be able to buy the ones i initially price-checked. "i will sell them to you at their original price, but if you think i'm going to sell them for a penny, if that's what you're getting at, you're wrong". i explained that i work at a store, and understand what field destroy implies, but that good customer service means honoring your prices, ESPECIALLY when they're casually sitting out on the floor, they ring up as such, the clerk asks you if you'd like to buy them, and you've spent tons of money there in the past. no dice. anyhow, i know everyone here has a story like that, it's just the first time it's happened to me and i wanted to share my frustration.[/QUOTE]

This is a very sad post . . . not quite on this level but last year the word went out that the Xbox double pack of Tetris and SW Clone was a penny at CC.

I didn't want to run out for no reason so I made the stupid move of calling. Yes, they had 3 of them and then the clerk checked the price (I didn't ask her to) and the whole thing went dead. I ended up at a later time talking to the manager and he said they were only available if you bought a system (no signs or promo for it).

Anyway it really sucked . . . but what happened to you was 10 times worse.

Went back again today. Of course they still have hundreds of those PS1 memory cards left. I found some PC games for free though that I didn't see before. Nothing exciting, but here's what I got (I'm just looking at the receipt, so these might not be the full names):

Alice In Four Seasons
Cyberchase Quest
Snowboard Park 04
Lilo & Stitch Action Game
2x Scooby Doo: Night Of The Phantom

My wife will be pretty excited about the Scooby game.

[quote name='Purkeynator']I picked up a free Stretch Panic in the Layton, Utah store. I didn't see anything green tagged anymore so I think you just have to know it is clearance or scan a bunch of stuff. They had some SNES and Genesis games I suspect may be green tag items but they were in boxed cases and I couldn't scan them without taking them out. Nothing special, Jungle Strike and some sports games as I recall. I didn't see anything else but I didn't have a lot of time to look either.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was up in that area last week, checked out that TRU, and couldn't beleive they still had SNES/Genesis games.

[quote name='Red Hedgehog']Yeah, I was up in that area last week, checked out that TRU, and couldn't beleive they still had SNES/Genesis games.[/QUOTE]

They are from a re-release done several years ago, if I remember correctly.

I remember they had Jungle Strike, some sports games, and Castlevania Bloodlines for Genesis, and for SNES they had the same games except Castlevania Bloodlines, they had Castlevania IV instead.

I think Majesco re-released them, but I'm unsure. I remember picking up Castlevania Bloodlines a few years ago for 9.99 brand new, though.

I guess you guys don't know what "destroy" means, because in my experience, it means time for some dumpster diving. I'll bet that 90% of the employees won't bother to properly destroy this merchandise, and it will be found in the dumpster if you get there before it is picked up.

[quote name='Prfntbtr']I guess you guys don't know what "destroy" means, because in my experience, it means time for some dumpster diving. I'll bet that 90% of the employees won't bother to properly destroy this merchandise, and it will be found in the dumpster if you get there before it is picked up.[/QUOTE]

I don't understand why they have to "destroy" the merchandise.... couldn't they donate these items to a charitable cause or something? If they can't sell to us, they should put it towards some type of good cause... Seems like such a waste. Only in America!

I made 3 trips at a couple different TRUs for the free and green tag items.... I had no problems until the last time when I grabbed a PS2 Intec Turbo controllers (Twin Pack) ... and encountered an elderly lady in her 50/60s at the check-out desk. She told me the system was telling me she couldn't sell it to me and had to pull it. She called the manager over using this walky-talky advice.

I also noticed some N64 WCW Mayhem tucked behind the counter so that TRU was obviously starting to pull the free stuff out of the shelves. I had no problem the other day when I checked out with a younger lad.

Seems like a YMMV deal... the manager at another TRU seemed cool with it and was joking about the deals.

the only green tagged stuff i found was some type of robot ecard things and a few other worthless items. had the girl ring up a wcw item and it rang up 11 cents. wasn't even worth that. the only game i found that i thought was clearence,was xbox mojo (prob ps2) so i tried the scanner but it wouldn't scan. some old lady asked me if she could help,so i asked her and she dais that they were priced as marked. i told her i thoguth it might be cheaper thatn 9.99 and if she could ring it up to check,she snapped they are priced as marked. whatever,it was a bust. but i did find a penny on the ground on my way out.

[quote name='shipwreck']Went back again today. Of course they still have hundreds of those PS1 memory cards left. I found some PC games for free though that I didn't see before. Nothing exciting, but here's what I got (I'm just looking at the receipt, so these might not be the full names):

Alice In Four Seasons
Cyberchase Quest
Snowboard Park 04
Lilo & Stitch Action Game
2x Scooby Doo: Night Of The Phantom

My wife will be pretty excited about the Scooby game.[/QUOTE]

The Alice Four Season software is really pretty cool with Vivaldi's music in it (as kid's software goes it is excellent) I bought one for a couple of bucks months ago . . . truly great deal for a penny.

I found a copy of Sega NFL 2K2 for DC for 1 penny...of course the nasty salesclerk snapped it back and said 'This is not suppose to be sold'. What a cranky bitch.

hey anyone in northern va spot anything good at any of the TRU's at Fairlakes, Sterling, or Manassas?

Its said to see dreamcast games down to pennies, yet old school NES games are running for about less than 20 bucks at eb given the fact most games are nearly 20 years old.

[quote name='sren9']New TRU green tag sale starts in two weeks-30% off all green tag merchandise[/QUOTE]

Can any TRU employees here confirm? When do you think a list will be released to employees?

[quote name='CheapyD']This could make an interesting (but short) front page piece....stores destroying sale merchandise!
Anyone hear of other retailers doing this?[/QUOTE]

It's fairly common. When products are discontinued, and the manufacturer doesn't want to pay to have them returned, they'll give the retailer a 'destroy in field' credit, which means the retailer is "supposed" to destroy the product, since it's the cheaper alternative for the manufacturer.

I am an employee-Green Tag confirmed for first week in July-employees will have two weeks to price everything and the official sale will start after that-however all green tag will be live the first week-as soon as i get an Rzone list I will post

[quote name='sren9']I am an employee-Green Tag confirmed for first week in July-employees will have two weeks to price everything and the official sale will start after that-however all green tag will be live the first week-as soon as i get an Rzone list I will post[/QUOTE]

On behalf of everyone here at CAG, I thank you!

[quote name='sren9']I am an employee-Green Tag confirmed for first week in July-employees will have two weeks to price everything and the official sale will start after that-however all green tag will be live the first week-as soon as i get an Rzone list I will post[/QUOTE]
I hope that you're not lying about this. Not to sound overly paranoid or anything, but we've had a few incidents in the past with people pretending to be employees and posting fake information.

I'll believe it when I see it, I guess.

It's fairly common. When products are discontinued, and the manufacturer doesn't want to pay to have them returned, they'll give the retailer a 'destroy in field' credit, which means the retailer is "supposed" to destroy the product, since it's the cheaper alternative for the manufacturer.

On the green tag stuff TRU doesn't get any credit back from the manufacturers. It's all old stuff that has all been paid for either last year or years prior and TRU marked it so low already they decided that what's left(not much compared to the start) won't sell and it will be more profitable to have that shelf space.

And sren9 isn't lying, like I said earlier there will be a green tag deal in mid-July.

I am a member of mgmt at a TRU in Michigan-I have no reason to lie-As soon as I get a list of Rzone items I will post them-The list will only show what I have in stock, but hopefully it will be helpful. I expect a lot of the 14.99 games from Christmas and our most recent AEC game rack to be included in this-Also someone posted about receiving green tag GBA games this week, all should have been pulled or may never have reached the floor...Any questions???????????

[quote name='tubtub']On the green tag stuff TRU doesn't get any credit back from the manufacturers. It's all old stuff that has all been paid for either last year or years prior and TRU marked it so low already they decided that what's left(not much compared to the start) won't sell and it will be more profitable to have that shelf space.

And sren9 isn't lying, like I said earlier there will be a green tag deal in mid-July.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully, it'll be a nice as the last one at the beginning.

[quote name='sren9']I expect a lot of the 14.99 games from Christmas and our most recent AEC game rack to be included in this[/QUOTE]
Oooh, oooh! That includes Onimusha 3, right? :D :D :D

[quote name='eshbums']It's fairly common. When products are discontinued, and the manufacturer doesn't want to pay to have them returned, they'll give the retailer a 'destroy in field' credit, which means the retailer is "supposed" to destroy the product, since it's the cheaper alternative for the manufacturer.[/QUOTE]What a shame...it would be so easy to have a charity auction or something...

[quote name='schultzed']This is a very sad post . . . not quite on this level but last year the word went out that the Xbox double pack of Tetris and SW Clone was a penny at CC.

I didn't want to run out for no reason so I made the stupid move of calling. Yes, they had 3 of them and then the clerk checked the price (I didn't ask her to) and the whole thing went dead. I ended up at a later time talking to the manager and he said they were only available if you bought a system (no signs or promo for it).

Anyway it really sucked . . . but what happened to you was 10 times worse.[/QUOTE]

When will you people learn to stop calling in for deals that seem too good to be true?:roll: Sorry, but I get a bit tired of people whining about being "screwed" after they call in on a deal like this. You know that either the employee is going to yoink the last copy, or a manager is going to learn of it and pull the game. It's not brain surgery. They don't want customers just walking out with free merchandise. Just take your lazy butt off the couch and go check for yourself or don't complain when you get the shaft over the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back