Toys R Us" Green Tag Sale....90% off--->FREE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

8ballGuy

Banned
Hey just got back from toys r us, and all Green tag items are 0.01 cent and then 90% off which equals free. I picked up Backyard Wrestling, Deus Ex: Invisible War, bunch of PSX games

sorry if it was a repost

employee told me eerything is free and their suppose to throw everything away

Went to TRU today, thinking I'd try my hand at this sale. But as I knew deep down inside, the store was empty. Turns out that on the first day when everything became free they actually sold a number of items to people, so oh well, you win some and you lose some.

All TRU stores are getting in GBA Spirit, GBA Star Wars Attack of the Clones, and GBA Sega Super Smash Pack as part of a sale coming up(2 for $25). The only cool thing....all 3 are green tag. Spirit and Attack of the Clones are a penny, so they ring up free while Smash Pack is $10 but rings up $1. They are fixing this, but it might still ring tomorrow for those who want to check and stores should actually have these on the shelf as they aren't part of the pull list.

[quote name='tubtub']All TRU stores are getting in GBA Spirit, GBA Star Wars Attack of the Clones, and GBA Sega Super Smash Pack as part of a sale coming up(2 for $25). The only cool thing....all 3 are green tag. Spirit and Attack of the Clones are a penny, so they ring up free while Smash Pack is $10 but rings up $1. They are fixing this, but it might still ring tomorrow for those who want to check and stores should actually have these on the shelf as they aren't part of the pull list.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a go today.

[quote name='tubtub']All TRU stores are getting in GBA Spirit, GBA Star Wars Attack of the Clones, and GBA Sega Super Smash Pack as part of a sale coming up(2 for $25). The only cool thing....all 3 are green tag. Spirit and Attack of the Clones are a penny, so they ring up free while Smash Pack is $10 but rings up $1. They are fixing this, but it might still ring tomorrow for those who want to check and stores should actually have these on the shelf as they aren't part of the pull list.[/QUOTE]

Whoa..

Thanks for the heads up I gotta check this out at lunch time. I remember the cashier's face when Mucha Lucha rung for $1.50 (which was still overpriced).

I was able to pick up a copy of Sega Smashpack for $1.00 today, so it's still in the system like that. I didn't see any copies of Spirit or AOTC though.

[quote name='shipwreck']I was able to pick up a copy of Sega Smashpack for $1.00 today, so it's still in the system like that. I didn't see any copies of Spirit or AOTC though.[/QUOTE]

You didn't happen to try and scan it yourself, did you?

[quote name='CocheseUGA']You didn't happen to try and scan it yourself, did you?[/QUOTE]

No, there aren't any scanners in the Rzone at my TRU. It comes up as $9.99 though and then the 90% comes off when the cashier hits the total button.

[quote name='shipwreck']No, there aren't any scanners in the Rzone at my TRU. It comes up as $9.99 though and then the 90% comes off when the cashier hits the total button.[/QUOTE]

:(
I may stop by, but I doubt it. As I don't have any way of currently playing it (seriously thinking about the GBP, though), if I miss it I won't be dissapointed.

Crap, I couldn't find any of those GBA games. I did liberate some psone green tag games and found a KOF EX 2 on GBA. I could of sworn that was green tagged but I went ahead and bought it anyway at full price, thus ending my 3 year streak of not paying full price for any game.

The games still ring up today for a penny and Smash pack for a dollar. There was an e-mail sent to the stores saying that the two penny games will be marked up to $14.99 this week sometime, so some stores may pull them, but the e-mail didn't say they had to be pulled. Good luck...

[quote name='tubtub']The games still ring up today for a penny and Smash pack for a dollar. There was an e-mail sent to the stores saying that the two penny games will be marked up to $14.99 this week sometime, so some stores may pull them, but the e-mail didn't say they had to be pulled. Good luck...[/QUOTE]

Spirit & AOTC just rang up $1.50 each for me. Still not too bad for $1.50.

[quote name='Engineer_J']Is Spirit that Disney game?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, about the horse. I haven't seen the movie so I know absolutely nothing about it.

Picked up Smash Pack ($1.00) and AOTC ($1.50) tonight. Surprised, and so was the clerk. BTW, they WILL scan on the price checker if your RZone has one. (I tried checking several other things, too)

Is there any chance of anything to be left? All I remember being leftover from last time I went in was a bunch of WCW Mayhem and maybe a copy or two of a few other DC/N64 games.

Thanks I also picked up a Smash Pack the heads up on this one is much appreciated especially since the window of opportunity is probably gonna be small on this one :)

Kind of funny how it rings up for a dollar when everything else is ringing up a penny.

The guy I know at TRU was telling me how they found afew AOTCs and destroyed them wouldn't even let him buy have them (as they were cool about him taking the penny guides). From what he told me it sounds like they didn't get a new shipment of these 3 games in (or at least not that he knew of)

I also got one of them phone survey deals for a $3 coupon I always seem to get them when I buy something cheap as I got one shortly after the 90% started when I stopped by just to buy a Dreamcast 3 sports pack for a buddy.

Man, I ran to TRU last night after work, and they didn't have any copies of those three GBA titles at ALL. :(
I was hoping for at least a Smash Pack for GBA, but nope...nothing.

Star Wars for GBA is back up to $14.99 today. I scanned the UPC at a price check, didn't try Spirit but Smash Pack is still $1.00. Got the last copy at my local TRU, the cashier couldn't believe it.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Star Wars for GBA is back up to $14.99 today. I scanned the UPC at a price check, didn't try Spirit but Smash Pack is still $1.00.[/QUOTE]
OK, no big loss on Attack of the Clones. But I'm heading out to TRU now, hoping to find the Smash Pack...I hope it's there. I've been at a friends house the past coupla days, intentionally keeping away from computers...I always pick the worst times to do that. >_

I got the last copy of the Sega Smash Pack today. Spirit rang up @$14.99. No Star Wars to be found but per the above post I see its back up anyway. Good deal though. Thanks OP.

I went to my TRU today and got some awesome items, combined for a penny! I got two Yu-Gi-Oh startegy guides, a NFL Fever 2004 guide, a 2002 Winter Jampack and Street Racquetball for PS1! ;P

Haha, ya, I got crap, but it was still fun to confuse the new girl at the register and make her keeping calling over the manager AND keep asking her, "is this okay? is this okay?" ^__^

Thanks for heads up OP, even if it took me forever to go!

[quote name='schultzed']I didn't want to run out for no reason so I made the stupid move of calling.[/QUOTE]

OMFG schultzed, you called it in?! :D

[quote name='MaxBiaggi2']OMFG schultzed, you called it in?! :D[/QUOTE]

TRU Personel: "Hello, electronics department."

schultzed: "Um, yeah, you wouldn't happen to have any free items lying around would you?"

TRU: "Come agian?"

schultzed: " Yeah, well I got a tip that eveything that was once part of your greentag sale is free now, would you happen to have any free games lying around?"

TRU: "..."

*long pause*

TRU: "No sure, we have no greentagged items left, good day sir"

Shultzed: "wait, sir, are you sure. . ."

TRU: "I SAID GOODDAY!"

*hangs up*

*TRU guy looks up at the rows and rows of greentagged merchandise*

TRU: "Mine, all MINE!"

I'm sure it went something like that :p

[quote name='-Never4ever-']TRU Personel: "Hello, electronics department."

schultzed: "Um, yeah, you wouldn't happen to have any free items lying around would you?"

TRU: "Come agian?"

schultzed: " Yeah, well I got a tip that eveything that was once part of your greentag sale is free now, would you happen to have any free games lying around?"

TRU: "..."

*long pause*

TRU: "No sure, we have no greentagged items left, good day sir"

Shultzed: "wait, sir, are you sure. . ."

TRU: "I SAID GOODDAY!"

*hangs up*

*TRU guy looks up at the rows and rows of greentagged merchandise*

TRU: "Mine, all MINE!"

I'm sure it went something like that :p[/QUOTE]

I wish I worked in a video game store or section. I'd be that guy. Put me in a gamestop and some guy asks for a rare game that we have over the phone, "nope sir we don't have it". I'd then grab it for myself. Big cc clearance sale? I'd come in an hour before my shift and clear out the place.

[quote name='tcrash247']:gasp: You had copies of AutoCAD 2002 for a penny?!?!?!?!?!?!? You lucky bastard. I could really use that on my computer since I'm going to college for CADD and they won't give us a full version.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it was only the one copy. I do so much in the store that the RTV (return to vendor) date had passed and I just didn't catch it. A few months later it came up as one cent. I try to catch as many as I can but sometimes something will slip through.

I went to the Danville, VA TRU and found nothing. I did by some regular priced DVDs though. I got these Batman animated movies....

Mask of the Phantasm, Mystery of the Batwoman, and Sub-Zero. $9.99 each. I could have gotten them cheaper at Wal-Mart but considering all those guides I got last time I figured I'd give them my business.

[quote name='Deadpool']I can't believe i missed this..... shit![/QUOTE]

You didn't miss out on much man. The majority of TRUs here have been whiped clean for a good long time. there might've been a few items missed, but I didn't see any in my searches.

[quote name='tH3 $iLeNt On3']how long is tis offer for?[/QUOTE]

..I guess the obvious answer would be until all the previously green tagged items are either destroyed or sold, but just for shits and giggles, i'm going to say that it ended July 4th. Sorry.

The items will always ring up a penny, if you find them you'll get them for that price. But almost everything should be destroyed by now. In January they'll probably completely delete those items from the system, so they won't even ring if anywhere had some left. Also, you will have to pay a penny now for the items instead of them coming up free(they won't ring up 90% off a penny now).

Smash Pack now scans for a 2 for $25 promotion. I didn't try taking one to the register to see if it still is $1.00 (I didn't even bother looking for it since I already got it but I was just checking since I had my UPC list with me so I checked anyway) but it doesn't sound good

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back