TRU BOGO coming Friday, May 28th *List added - now with prices* + $7.99 games.

hoshi

CAGiversary!
This one is a bit odd. TRU is trying to clear out its "aged inventory" now. So, for the next month starting Friday, over 800 games are eligible for BOGO. I can't leave work with a list that big without raising some eyebrows. So, give me a bit to somehow get that list if no one else does. I can say with certainty that 99% of the remaining N64, PS1, DC, GBC, NGPC, GG, and even Genesis stock qualifies. Some TRU, somewhere, still has Game Gear and Genesis games, otherwise they wouldn't have been on that list. :)

For PS2, XB, GC, and GBA: They call it "aged inventory," which means it's been discontinued as well. You can actually tell which games have been discontinued by looking at the shelf tags. If there's a lone "X" on the far right of the shelf tag, then TRU will likely not be stocking the item anymore. Every game on the list of 800+ is X-ed out, but I think only older games are on that list. For instance, Prince of Persia for XBox is X-ed out, because TRU doesn't want anymore of them or can't get anymore of them. However, that isn't exactly "aged." Though, I could be wrong and it could be sitting there on that list. I guess I need to just go take a better look at the list. I'm also getting some wires crossed with that big-ass Best Buy blowout from the past couple of days. So, none of that list stuck with me. Whatever. Stay tuned.

Edit by Hoshi: This was just posted today. Also starting on the 28th, all PS1 and PS2 games in the budget program are $7.99. (Those same games that TRU has had BOGO deals for on and off since Christmas.) If your store wasn't cleared out by dealers or some such like mine was, you can still find games like Hitman 2, DMC, VF4 Evo, GT3 A-Spec, Silpheed, Sly Cooper (non-GH), and others I know I'm forgetting. I'm pretty sure they're already picked through by now, after two BOGO deals this year on them. But, I thought some of the newer CAGs would like the heads-up.

-Hoshi

***Added by CheapyD***
Full list by console and alphabetized (Msoft Word format). Thanks, Hoshi & benboxer!
Click here

I try not to think of it a BOGO I think of it more as 2 games for a really reduced price... not that I expect to find more than 3 or 4 games I want at this point but here's hoping after that travasty of a BB deal.

[quote name='jkam']Cheapy how do you get the colum look in Word without using tables?[/quote]

there is a column option, you can make as many columns as you want =)

[quote name='elprincipe']cool avatar bvaldez :)[/quote]

Thanks. It's actually what used for one of my tats.

i'm getting ready to leave and do a few errands, i'll let you all know what i found out at a TRU in St. Louis.

:cry: Called my local Toys R Us store -- Albany, New York -- and they have heard NOTHING about this sale. According to the guy I spoke to in the games departmet (R Zone, whatever), there is no such sale going on -- at least not starting today.

Called a TRU and they knew nothing of this deal. Of course I also had spend 10 minutes last Saturday to convince them that I wasn't lying about the BOGO deal on the value games.

I just got back. The ladies there knew nothing of it, but they definately got wind of the deal. The computer was ringing value rack games at 7.99 as well as ringing up PROMO for the buy one get one free deal on certain games. It was funny because no one knew what was going on yet the deals were in the computer. I asked if they had a list and they said no... funny that I can get a list here and the R zone isnt even given one :wink:

I just got back from my local TRU. They didn't have much available. There was a guy running around the area with a big list of games, trying to grab them and throw them into a bin they had outfront of the game area. So, the BOGO is on in Greenville, but unfortunately there's nothing worth paying the price for.

:whistle2:/

Went to the one on Sepulveda in Culver City, minimal selection. I ended up getting a bunch of Dreamcast games ($9.99 ea, so $5 after the deal), but that's about it.

Oh, and they had one Arc the Lad collection remaining.

Yes, the deal is in effect in Tallahassee..
Unfortunately, the copy of Vagrant Story I've been eying for what seems like two years has attained a massive fracture.. woe is me.

There are about 10 games on the list I'd buy, but my Best Buy only has so mcuh in stock..

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Called a TRU and they knew nothing of this deal. Of course I also had spend 10 minutes last Saturday to convince them that I wasn't lying about the BOGO deal on the value games.[/quote]

lol, same thing happened to me. the woman said there is not bogo deal on the value games. she told me to come back in a couple of months, LMAO!

[quote name='bvaldez'][quote name='elprincipe']cool avatar bvaldez :)[/quote]

Thanks. It's actually what used for one of my tats.[/quote]

calvin & hobbes is the best comic strip ever!

BOGO is on in MInnesota! They didn't have much, but I did score VF 4: Evo and Clock Tower 3 for $20. I also picked up a few $7.99 games.

They had a few Jak & Daxters for $7.99 if anyone wants one. I can pick it up and sell it or trade it to you. PM me if interested. I remember there was at least one person looking for one.

I have been to two TRUs in my area and they had nothing to indicate that this sale was in effect. I spoke with a guy at one of them and he knew nothing about it.

[quote name='bfg9k']I have been to two TRUs in my area and they had nothing to indicate that this sale was in effect. I spoke with a guy at one of them and he knew nothing about it.[/quote]

Watch out, mine wasn't actually advertised. Not marked, nothing. They were in a buggy in the back. The guy knew, but he just hadn't done anything.

It's plausible that they feigned ignorance due to laziness (not having them out yet), as employees have a tendency to do that.

Sorry Solinari . . . When I was there I saw two copies of Vagrant Story. . . I grabbed the one without the crack.

What time did you go?

[quote name='SolinariDotCom']Yes, the deal is in effect in Tallahassee..
Unfortunately, the copy of Vagrant Story I've been eying for what seems like two years has attained a massive fracture.. woe is me.
[/quote]

BOGO is here in St. Louis!
like most people tho, there's nothing in the bin of games that i wanted. and it looked like about 30% of the games on the list that is on the first page wasn't in the bin, so YMMV

[quote name='The_Continental']Sorry Solinari . . . When I was there I saw two copies of Vagrant Story. . . I grabbed the one without the crack.

What time did you go?

[/quote][/quote]

Wow, I hate you. Heh, I went at about 10 or 10:30.

I never knew they had a second Vagrant Story (before the sale).

Yeah, TRU's stock seems wierd like that. I swear I've seen multiple copies of Front Mission 3 at our store, but I couldn't find a single one for the BOGO sale - and I went Wednesday.

[quote name='SolinariDotCom'][quote name='The_Continental']Sorry Solinari . . . When I was there I saw two copies of Vagrant Story. . . I grabbed the one without the crack.

What time did you go?

[/quote][/quote]

Wow, I hate you. Heh, I went at about 10 or 10:30.

I never knew they had a second Vagrant Story (before the sale).[/quote]

Just got back from the Paramus TRU. It was pretty disappointing considering all the hype. The only games I saw that were worth mentioning were Virtua Tennis DC, Dexter's Chess Challenge and Dragon Warrior 3 for GBC.

On a sidenote there were about 20 copies of ET for GBC jammed into a box. The irony... made me think of Defender's theory.

I've been to two in NM, one had no idea, but when I made my purchase, they rang up at BOGO. The other one had little signs and orange stickers on some of the games that said "BOGO on these games" The only problem, they were all crap. Oh well.

None of the games were marked BOGO, but I just shopped around and when I brought the games up to the counter, they rang up as BOGO. Not bad :)

Agreed.

ATL: Collection was worth it though.

[quote name='SolinariDotCom']I've only seen one copy of FM3 there. 40.. ugh. What a joke TRU is and always will be.[/quote]

VF4 EVO was $7.99 at my TRU. So was Hitman 2 for PS2. Unreal Tournament XBox PH. Nothing else good for that price.

The BOGO was horrible. Frequency for $29.99. Madden 2002 for $15. Tony Hawk 2X and 3 for $19.99.

How are Red Faction 2 (marked $20) and the GBA F-Zero (marked $30)? Those were the only things even remotely worth convincing me to drop $30 on Amplitude (there were 6 copies of that so I didn't feel like rushing).

Hell, maybe if they are still left, I'll just buy two copies of Amplitude and sell one. I wouldn't call it rare like Panzer Dragoon rare, but game stores don't usually have it new or used anymore.

the tru in brea didn't have squat! the woman behind the counter was nice enough to let me take a look at the list and i walked around for about 30 minutes trying to figure out what i wanted to buy. unfortunately, the only games that i saw on the bogo list was skygunner and batman vengeance :(

the one i went to had a rack of 7.99 stuff, which was very limited and had a poor selection, and a box of even worse stuff BOGO. making me wonder why i bothered to look into this.

I went to one in the Bay Area, and the BOGO was crap, much like everyone else's it seems. They had an ok selection of $7.99 games so I picked up a couple. The clerks had no idea the $7.99 Value games were on sale as there was no indication anywhere until they price-checked.

Hmm, I just came back from my TRU and the experience was mixed. The BOGO table of games wasn't anything great, and games were pretty overpriced. However, I did notice a copy of aggressive inline (XBOX) for $14.99, and Amplitude, but like Elwood said, it was $29.99. The rack of $7.99 titles was ok, I saw onimusha 2, kelly slater's pro surfer, metropolismania, mad maestro, harvest moon save the homeland, and dave mirra 2.

Well i just got back and got a pleasant surprise, there were Neo Geo Pocket Color games int he list, and they were as followed: Neo Cup 98, Baseball 98, Metal Slug 1 @ 14.90 a pop, also as a bonus i got KOF r-2, Card Fighter's clash SNK vers., MOTM, and Bust a move for 9.90 each since they were all cleared out. a great day for me !

[quote name='bigsyxxy']I went to one in the Bay Area, and the BOGO was crap, much like everyone else's it seems. They had an ok selection of $7.99 games so I picked up a couple. The clerks had no idea the $7.99 Value games were on sale as there was no indication anywhere until they price-checked.[/quote]

Hey which TRU in the Bay Area did you go to? Theres like 4 of them in each Bay. I live in the East Bay and theres 2 of them 10 mins away (in the opposite directions) and another 20 mins down. Give me a heads up if you can.

What a joke this was for me. First, nothing's marked. So i have the list from this thread, pick out several games. Take them to the counter, the one guy was cool about checking the prices but his buddy was a prick, saying there was no sale and that was last week for the value rack games. So I ask them to just ring them up as a sale (not just price scan them as the BOGO automatically comes into effect only when rung up as a sale) and see if they come up BOGO. Again, the one guy was cool, but his buddy gave me major attitude. So he huffs and puffs with his slicked back greasy hair and rings them up, yeah, not BOGO, not on sale, not anything, leaving me standing there looking like a damn idiot. I hate the ghetto TRU here, everytime I go in there I swear that it's the last time, but I always end up back there for some damn reason.

So From my experience, even though this shouldn't be YMMV, it looks like it is.

[quote name='KingNES']Well i just got back and got a pleasant surprise, there were Neo Geo Pocket Color games int he list, and they were as followed: Neo Cup 98, Baseball 98, Metal Slug 1 @ 14.90 a pop, also as a bonus i got KOF r-2, Card Fighter's clash SNK vers., MOTM, and Bust a move for 9.90 each since they were all cleared out. a great day for me ![/quote]!_! they have any more? I need the SNK version of Card Fighter's Clash

Just got back from TRU in Niles,IL (Golf and Milwaukee) .. to anyone who is planning to check that store out dont bother. Their selection sucks, the ones that are marked are mostly overpriced bargain games.

Just got back from my TRU, ended up with Gran Turismo and Driver for $15 total (both were $15 originally), as well as VF4 Evolution and Orphen for $8 each. Overall it was a pretty good sale for me, but it could've been much better if the BOGO rack hadn't been raped by the time I got there.

[quote name='scsg75']What a joke this was for me. First, nothing's marked. So i have the list from this thread, pick out several games. Take them to the counter, the one guy was cool about checking the prices but his buddy was a prick, saying there was no sale and that was last week for the value rack games. So I ask them to just ring them up as a sale (not just price scan them as the BOGO automatically comes into effect only when rung up as a sale) and see if they come up BOGO. Again, the one guy was cool, but his buddy gave me major attitude. So he huffs and puffs with his slicked back greasy hair and rings them up, yeah, not BOGO, not on sale, not anything, leaving me standing there looking like a damn idiot. I hate the ghetto TRU here, everytime I go in there I swear that it's the last time, but I always end up back there for some damn reason.

So From my experience, even though this shouldn't be YMMV, it looks like it is.[/quote]

I don't think it's YMMV. The cashier actually has to get to the part where they total the amount up. Just ringing two things up won't automatically set off the BOGO, I think the Total button has to be hit, also. Maybe one of the TRU employees can explain it better than I can?

[quote name='"Richter"'][quote name='"KingNES"']Well i just got back and got a pleasant surprise, there were Neo Geo Pocket Color games int he list, and they were as followed: Neo Cup 98, Baseball 98, Metal Slug 1 @ 14.90 a pop, also as a bonus i got KOF r-2, Card Fighter's clash SNK vers., MOTM, and Bust a move for 9.90 each since they were all cleared out. a great day for me ![/quote]!_! they have any more? I need the SNK version of Card Fighter's Clash[/quote]

Sorry I got the last of what they had and they have all seen sold/traded.

[quote name='The_Continental']Agreed.

ATL: Collection was worth it though.

[quote name='SolinariDotCom']I've only seen one copy of FM3 there. 40.. ugh. What a joke TRU is and always will be.[/quote][/quote]

I picked up about 20 Arcs a couple years back, no need for overpriced ones here.

[quote name='bradr'][quote name='scsg75']What a joke this was for me. First, nothing's marked. So i have the list from this thread, pick out several games. Take them to the counter, the one guy was cool about checking the prices but his buddy was a prick, saying there was no sale and that was last week for the value rack games. So I ask them to just ring them up as a sale (not just price scan them as the BOGO automatically comes into effect only when rung up as a sale) and see if they come up BOGO. Again, the one guy was cool, but his buddy gave me major attitude. So he huffs and puffs with his slicked back greasy hair and rings them up, yeah, not BOGO, not on sale, not anything, leaving me standing there looking like a damn idiot. I hate the ghetto TRU here, everytime I go in there I swear that it's the last time, but I always end up back there for some damn reason.

So From my experience, even though this shouldn't be YMMV, it looks like it is.[/quote]

I don't think it's YMMV. The cashier actually has to get to the part where they total the amount up. Just ringing two things up won't automatically set off the BOGO, I think the Total button has to be hit, also. Maybe one of the TRU employees can explain it better than I can?[/quote]

I can confirm that. You have to completely finish the transaction before the BOGO shows up. So you have to hand over the cash/swipe the card for it to work.

bread's done
Back