UFC Undisputed 3: CAGFC - Iiit's Tiiime! CAGFC41: KNOCKOUT! (Fights due by 8/18!)

Wow, the custom logo and banner options are INSANE this year! I've actually been able to design a "Jew Claw" banner that is probably more offensive than I would have thought possible, lol. Kinda worried that not everybody would understand the joke and I'd end up getting banned from Xbox Live though, lol. Maybe if I just attached them to my CAF for Borat Sagdiyev...who I'll tell everybody right now, will be my Light Heavyweight CAF for use in this league.

Thanks Nate. I guess Mr. Pennyfeather could cut down to light heavyweight if we use that as one of our classes. Anyway, I'm about to put in some more time with the game.

Updated the OP to reflect the weight class choices that people have made so far. Depending on what kind of balance we get, people may need to be shifted. But at least you can look at the OP and see who has signed up where, and make your choice based on who you want to fight, how much competition there is, etc.

[quote name='Matt Young']Thanks Nate. I guess Mr. Pennyfeather could cut down to light heavyweight if we use that as one of our classes. Anyway, I'm about to put in some more time with the game.[/QUOTE]

No problem. I'm telling you, Matt, just imagine the naked wrestling matches Gail Pennyfeather and Borat could have. Wait...no...don't imagine it. Eww...put your pants back on!

Ok. I made my welterweight fighter. Conrad "The Demolition Man" Silva. Online servers are sucking for me. Can't finish one fight.

Edit: whoops forget the stats.
Name: Conrad "The Demolition Man" Silva
Height: 6'3
Weight: 170

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried playing online earlier and kept getting messages stating the server was unavailable. I was eventually able to download a CAF before it went back to the "servers down" message.

Any you guys watching the free fights on fuel tv? Pretty good. I want this league to start already! I'm so eager to play. Anyone wanna play for fun just add me and tell me you're from cag.

I love this game so far. Dominating with GSP. I'll sign up for welterweight fights. I'll make my fighter this weekend.

We have this game on demo at our Best Buy store. Every day I go in there to work I want this game more and more. I think I'm gonna break down and buy it tomorrow. I'll try and sign up this weekend for the league.

count me in for LHW.

On a side note, i was so focused on the customization aspect of Career Mode rather than even fighting! I was making custom tattoos left and right and putting them on my fighter and oh boy am i satisfied. I also caved in and bought the Early Access Pack and must have spent two hours just looking at all the different entrances/victory celebrations. This is one of the most in depth characterizations of all the games i've ever played.

I caved in and bought the game today. Do I just pick a weight class and create my guy? Any stat distribution rules? I'll play for a bit tonight and wait until tomorrow to create my guy so I can follow all the rules. I'm thinking of making a Heavyweight since that weight class seems to be lacking.

XBL Gamertag: KBURNS10
Name: TBD
Height: TBD
Weight: TBD

[quote name='kburns10']I caved in and bought the game today. Do I just pick a weight class and create my guy? Any stat distribution rules? I'll play for a bit tonight and wait until tomorrow to create my guy so I can follow all the rules. I'm thinking of making a Heavyweight since that weight class seems to be lacking.

Name: TBD
Height: TBD
Weight: TBD
[/QUOTE]

Basically, yes. I would advise you to create your CAGFC fighter from the general "custom > create a fighter" menu rather than through the career mode. In the past, we actually used to require this because of stat limits. But at least initially this year, we're going to use equalized stats, so nobody has to wonder "was it me or was his fighter better than mine?" But at least if you use a non-career CAF, you'll be able to edit him more freely, especially if we have to combine any weight classes...which brings me to my next point.

As far as you making a heavyweight, I'm fine with that. Honestly, I thought the league was more fun with UFC 2009 when we had a champion in each division. But that also comes with the understanding that your division could be small and you might be fighting the same 2-3 guys (or even the same one guy for a little while). It will definitely expand as people are allowed to create 2nd and even 3rd fighters though. You'd just have to be patient in the meantime. It is a great way to create rivalries though.

Nice to see all the activity in here tonight. I'm sure it will pick up as people get a little further into the game and the online servers stabilize.

This should be alot of fun once it gets going. It sucks that there isn't a spectator mode. That was one thing I loved about EA MMA.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Should there be a seperate thread for those of us who just want help in the career mode only?[/QUOTE]

Nah, not a big deal if you have questions. Ask away. :)

[quote name='shotgunshine']If anyone needs a code to get Alistair Overeem then just let me know as I have an extra one.[/QUOTE]

I know Matt Young mentioned a page or so back that he missed out on it. I don't know if you'd want to PM it to him or just wait on somebody to speak up, but he's at least somebody who mentioned it.

i just downloaded the free contenders compatibility pack (diaz/mayhem/stann/davis) and season pass and i went to start a match and saw that i noticed that it had phil davis as an available fighter. i double checked and i have all of the contenders pack fighters and been able to play with each of them. i did not get the gamestop preorder.

am i not understanding something? why is the game letting me play with these fighters?

[quote name='shotgunshine']If anyone needs a code to get Alistair Overeem then just let me know as I have an extra one.[/QUOTE]

Hey if you still have a code left, that would be great!

Also, I got my character created tonight:
Name: Tj "Machine Gun" Taylor
Height: 6'4"
Weight:245

[quote name='kburns10']Hey if you still have a code left, that would be great!

Also, I got my character created tonight:
Name: Tj "Machine Gun" Taylor
Height: 6'4"
Weight:245
[/QUOTE]

Sent it to you, good sir. Love the MF Doom avatar.

[quote name='drStaton']i just downloaded the free contenders compatibility pack (diaz/mayhem/stann/davis) and season pass and i went to start a match and saw that i noticed that it had phil davis as an available fighter. i double checked and i have all of the contenders pack fighters and been able to play with each of them. i did not get the gamestop preorder.

am i not understanding something? why is the game letting me play with these fighters?[/QUOTE]

Thats weird but cool. Maybe you can only use them in single player and not online?

[quote name='drStaton']i just downloaded the free contenders compatibility pack (diaz/mayhem/stann/davis) and season pass and i went to start a match and saw that i noticed that it had phil davis as an available fighter. i double checked and i have all of the contenders pack fighters and been able to play with each of them. i did not get the gamestop preorder.

am i not understanding something? why is the game letting me play with these fighters?[/QUOTE]

I had heard that they were available for purchase temporarily. I have no idea how you could have gotten them for free though. I didn't think that one was included with the season pass either.

Hey fellas, I'm still trying to make my mind up on this. My brother bought WWE so I'm leaning that way but might just get both of them. Ill know for sure by tomorrow, hope that isn't too late.

[quote name='staticz']Hey fellas, I'm still trying to make my mind up on this. My brother bought WWE so I'm leaning that way but might just get both of them. Ill know for sure by tomorrow, hope that isn't too late.[/QUOTE]

Well, there really is no "too late". In all likelihood, we'll probably do a tournament to determine the first champion of each division since it doesn't appear that we'll have any returning champions.

But after that, every new fighter will just start out at the bottom of the rankings and have to work their way up...just like in real life. And the cards are drawn up week to week, so it's not like there will be a strict schedule to stick to either. You can join whenever you're ready.

I do hope some of the other guys who expressed interest in joining will get in here this weekend and at least pick their weight class and post their fighter info. I'd like to start setting up the first few fights.

[quote name='shotgunshine']Sent it to you, good sir. Love the MF Doom avatar.[/QUOTE]

Thanks and thanks! Looking forward to some good battles in the Heavyweight division.

Thanks, Nate, for mentioning me regarding the code. As far as "no returning champions" goes, I do plan to use myself if we do welterweight. If we move to allow 2 fighters, I'll use Gail Pennyfeather. I do went to defend the title if that's an option.

[quote name='Matt Young']Thanks, Nate, for mentioning me regarding the code. As far as "no returning champions" goes, I do plan to use myself if we do welterweight. If we move to allow 2 fighters, I'll use Gail Pennyfeather. I do went to defend the title if that's an option.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I thought you might want to do that. For right now, I do think we should all follow the rules for adding multiple fighters though. I would just "grandfather in" the returning members, but since we've had such a long layoff since the last CAGFC, it's only fair to make everybody follow the same rules.

So, I would advise you to add your WW first, which would allow you to defend your title. Then, after two fights, you could add Pennyfeather. At least this would give you extra time to make him even more sexy...ahem, I mean crazy. Right now, there are three fighters in WW, so adding your guy would even things up nicely.

[quote name='krashhole']Thinking of renting this from Redbox, but I'm not sure if they offer like a 48hr online pass. Anyone know?[/QUOTE]

You get a 7 day trial. The servers have been a bit unstable this first week though, but they're currently working on fixing them. Not sure if you'd want to wait a few days for them to get it straightened out.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']You get a 7 day trial. The servers have been a bit unstable this first week though, but they're currently working on fixing them. Not sure if you'd want to wait a few days for them to get it straightened out.[/QUOTE]
Sounds good. Thanks for the info!

Sooooooooooooo...is the first card going to made tonight? I doubt it because of the server issues and the lack of fighters in the OP. My CAF was dominating in the WAF (i think that's what its called) and after 10 fights of just dominating i decided to move up to the UFC. I'm afraid it was a little premature because the UFC guys are throwing me around like a rag doll. How many fights did you guys win before you went pro?

[quote name='urmomlikesme']Sooooooooooooo...is the first card going to made tonight? I doubt it because of the server issues and the lack of fighters in the OP. My CAF was dominating in the WAF (i think that's what its called) and after 10 fights of just dominating i decided to move up to the UFC. I'm afraid it was a little premature because the UFC guys are throwing me around like a rag doll. How many fights did you guys win before you went pro?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the first card will probably be next week. Give THQ time to sort out the servers, give people time to get their CAFs set up, and also time to learn the game/sharpen their skills. I did set up a Fight Camp though. As I discussed with the logos, it's pretty terrible if cultural humor offends you, but it works hilariously with my Borat CAF (which ironically enough, there was already a Borat CAF up for download on like the 2nd day the game was out...so I DL'd it and made some personal tweaks).

It is called "Jew Claw" (had to make the "e" and the "a" similar looking symbols to get it to go through, lol). I think Ultimate Matt X was also looking to set up a Fight Camp for anyone who doesn't want to throw the Jew down the well...(so my country can be free) But yeah, if anyone wants an invite, just let me know.

As for when to move up to the UFC, well...the formula in 2010 was to milk the amateur and lower ranked fights as long as you could. The reasoning was that you always wanted the easiest training and the easiest win. This was how people were creating super maxed out fighters (especially if they were good enough to play on Expert). Obviously, since we're using equalized stats, that won't matter here. But that method probably would still net your fighter a pretty high rating. Of course, there's always something to be said for just playing the game and having fun too, lol.

[quote name='n8rockerasu'] I think Ultimate Matt X was also looking to set up a Fight Camp for anyone who doesn't want to throw the Jew down the well...(so my country can be free) But yeah, if anyone wants an invite, just let me know.[/QUOTE]

Fight camp? Was ist das?

What is that? I don't care! I want in, I can't seem to get enough of this game. But please do tell me more on what the hell a fight camp is exactly because I'd like to participate.

[quote name='urmomlikesme']Fight camp? Was ist das?

What is that? I don't care! I want in, I can't seem to get enough of this game. But please do tell me more on what the hell a fight camp is exactly because I'd like to participate.[/QUOTE]

It's basically a "clan" for the game. Camp stats are tracked across members online fights, you can do training sessions together, etc. I haven't looked at all the options yet this year, but from what I did see, it looked a lot smoother than in 2010.

[quote name='kburns10']I'd love the Fight Camp name so I can join that and see how that works. My rating is 68 so I REALLY need him to improve lol[/QUOTE]

I'll send you an invite in a minute.

I think my Xbox hard drive is dying :whistle2:( First, Fight Night Champion kept giving me a disc read error. Now UFC has times where there is no audio on the menu (which seems to have been cleared up now) or some fights without commentary (but I can hear crowd chants and corner men). I need this to survive AT LEAST until I'm done with Mass Effect 3 lol

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']I am disappointed by the lack of support for a PS3 CAGFC.[/QUOTE]

lol, dude, MADDEN couldn't even support a PS3 league on CAG. If that game isn't going to do it, there's no way UFC could. People just don't do sports leagues on the PS3. You'd probably have better luck looking on the THQ forums...or maybe even Operation Sports.

I'll be making my CAG anew today now that I have warmed up a bit in career mode. Are we going to dabble at all in Pride modes? And can I get an invite to the camp assuming it is by GT and not individual fighters?

bread's done
Back