UFC Undisputed 3: CAGFC - Iiit's Tiiime! CAGFC41: KNOCKOUT! (Fights due by 8/18!)

[quote name='Pure Apathy']I just made my guy but I'm not sure if I'll have him ready to go before the next card. Are you guys just making your fighter in career mode or in CAF?

Here's my info:

WW
Name: Jack "The Ripper" Jackson
Height: 5'8"
Reach: 69"[/QUOTE]

You should make him in CAF. All stats are going to be normalized anyway. He'll have a 90 in everything. And that way you can change him around whenever you want...rather than being locked in to the career fighter.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']You should make him in CAF. All stats are going to be normalized anyway. He'll have a 90 in everything. And that way you can change him around whenever you want...rather than being locked in to the career fighter.[/QUOTE]

Alright, I will do that tomorrow. I'm going to keep the same name and weight class but I may change the height. I'll be sure to post my updated stats on here after I remake him.

The lag in this game makes the submissions garbage. I couldn't control anything. I lost.

Man, I had him, too. He was gassed and on the ground. I thought they were going to stop the fight but they didn't.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good fight!

End result:

Justin Kane | Jack Ryan | Submission | 2:08/R1

2_25_2012W.sized.jpg

I did not want to stand up with that as my head only 2 minutes in . . . ouch!

Also, I added everyone to my friends list from the camp. If anyone is up for playing sometime, feel free to give a yell. I'm enjoying this game too much . . . assuming the servers stay up. Gamertag: BeFlatLine

[quote name='moojuice']Wanna try to get ours in sometime tonight Nate (before or after the real thing, whichever)?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that sounds good. How about like 9 PM EST?

I got some things I have to do this late in afternoon a couple hours before that (I know I said before the event, but I should have clarified a bit, thats my bad), but I should be back by that time. Worse case scenario, after?

[quote name='moojuice']I got some things I have to do this late in afternoon a couple hours before that (I know I said before the event, but I should have clarified a bit, thats my bad), but I should be back by that time. Worse case scenario, after?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I should be able to do after.

hey DarkTower80 i should be on today after UFC 144 EST just send me a message on xbox or here if you're available, i can also do monday and sunday after 3pm EST

[quote name='moojuice']I got some things I have to do this late in afternoon a couple hours before that (I know I said before the event, but I should have clarified a bit, thats my bad), but I should be back by that time. Worse case scenario, after?[/QUOTE]

Hey, Alan, how about we just shoot for after UFC tonight? The wife wants to catch up on some TV shows before then, so it would probably be easier for me to play later tonight anyway. Hope that's cool.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Hey, Alan, how about we just shoot for after UFC tonight? The wife wants to catch up on some TV shows before then, so it would probably be easier for me to play later tonight anyway. Hope that's cool.[/QUOTE]

That works.

So, I spent a good amount of time making a badass tattoo and would like you all to check it out and rate it. It's called "Gir". Title of it says it all.

Domingoo Ayala | Borat Sagdiyev | TKO | 2:55 of Rd 3

Great fight, Alan. Your movement and timing was much better than mine. I need to go into Borat's moveset and actually customize it. I just picked the boxer set, and it's pretty limited. You had a great variety of strikes and judo throws. Very nice! I laughed my ass off seeing the Jew Claw banner for both of us during the intros though.

Domingoo "Big Papi" Ayala | Borat "The Butcher" Sagdiyev | TKO | 2:55 RD 3

Will have video of fight up shorty, complete with Yves grabbing Borat's Junk

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Domingoo Ayala | Borat Sagdiyev | TKO | 2:32 of Rd 3

Great fight, Alan. Your movement and timing was much better than mine. I need to go into Borat's moveset and actually customize it. I just picked the boxer set, and it's pretty limited. You had a great variety of strikes and judo throws. Very nice! I laughed my ass off seeing the Jew Claw banner for both of us during the intros though.[/QUOTE]

Haha yeah, combine that with seeing your awesome fro, I had to quickly compose myself before we started fighting.

Edit: Ill fix Domingo's name before the next fight, had to quickly change it since my Career fighter has the same name, but I'm going to end up deleting the Career CAF guy

[quote name='moojuice']Domingoo "Big Papi" Ayala | Borat "The Butcher" Sagdiyev | TKO | 2:55 RD 3

Will have video of fight up shorty, complete with Yves grabbing Borat's Junk[/QUOTE]

LOL...awesome! I was hoping you recorded it (since your capture card is much better than mine). I can't believe I didn't do more than 32% head damage though, as I felt like I caught you a few good times, and considering I've got Borat set up with a boxing background, they seemed pretty brutal. I probably would have abandoned that strategy if I had realized how ineffective it actually was. It was a fun fight though, and I definitely feel like there's more strategy to this year's game. I think we could have a lot of good fights this year.

EDIT - Oh, also...I almost feel like there should be a requirement of having an awesome stache to fight in the Light Heavyweight division, lol. Anyone without one is just less of a man. :lol:

Part of it is damage "heals" over the fight, and doesn't show on the final stats. For example, in the middle of the fight, you definitely did damage to my body, which showed red on the HUD, but in the final stats, showed 0%.

It was definitely a fun fight, and we can probably all learn from each other in Fight Camp sessions.
I guess the thing is though with Boxing, Muay Thai, etc, is that since we are playing equalized stats, regular strikes don't really differ from style to style, just the types of strikes

Will actually probably get the video posted in this thread tomorrow, going to convert the raw file a bit down to something more manageable to upload (the raw is 1.2 gigs lol; slimming it down to about 500MB) overnight while I sleep.

[quote name='moojuice']Part of it is damage "heals" over the fight, and doesn't show on the final stats. For example, in the middle of the fight, you definitely did damage to my body, which showed red on the HUD, but in the final stats, showed 0%.

It was definitely a fun fight, and we can probably all learn from each other in Fight Camp sessions.
I guess the thing is though with Boxing, Muay Thai, etc, is that since we are playing equalized stats, regular strikes don't really differ from style to style, just the types of strikes

Will actually probably get the video posted in this thread tomorrow, going to convert the raw file a bit down to something more manageable to upload (the raw is 1.2 gigs lol; slimming it down to about 500MB) overnight while I sleep.[/QUOTE]

Haha, damn. Put that file in the sauna and make it get on the stationary bike! Yeah, I do feel like the equalized stats kinda make everybody "too good" at everything. But at least we do all know we're on even ground. And honestly, you were much more effective in that fight anyway. Just looking at the statistics, you threw less strikes, but landed more, I was far more gassed than you, etc.

I would almost feel bad if I had landed a lucky punch and ended up winning. I guess it does happen in real life, but for a video game, I think it just pisses people off. I didn't have a problem losing that fight because I knew you did a better job, and I didn't feel that the game screwed me in any way. It's a nice feeling playing a game online and being able to say that. I still like the feeling of just trying to hang on too. When you rocked me the first time, I thought I was in trouble. Can't wait to see the video!

Nice fight. Its good to see a good, technical battle. I swear, half of my fights online are people that have no idea how to play properly. Also, I need to tweak my guy after seeing all the great moves yall had. I didnt even bother messing with that. I just picked "boxer" style which is very plain.

I think I'll go with a welter weight for my second character...but I have to have one more fight before I can do that...which I guess will be a rematch with Kburns since hes the only other heavyweight haha.

So pissed right now. Just ruined my ranked record because every fucking fight that I was going to win went "Connection has been lost." Seriously, what the fuck?

I went from 12-7 to 12-15 or 16 now. Every single time I was going to win it says no . . . fuck ranked mode.

Seems like the servers are still wonky enough that it's hard to tell if people are dropping, or if dashboard still isn't punished. Regardless, this is your third UFC game THQ, and you still can't get the servers right...

No worries if you made a comeback too Nate, I'm totally cool with "Shit happens." It happens in real life, so I'm OK with it...on the other hand if you kicked my leg, it went through my body and continued onto my head to knock me out...kinda like another sport game that seems to have collision issues...then ya, that would be a different story ;)

[quote name='shotgunshine']Nice fight. Its good to see a good, technical battle. I swear, half of my fights online are people that have no idea how to play properly. Also, I need to tweak my guy after seeing all the great moves yall had. I didnt even bother messing with that. I just picked "boxer" style which is very plain.

I think I'll go with a welter weight for my second character...but I have to have one more fight before I can do that...which I guess will be a rematch with Kburns since hes the only other heavyweight haha.[/QUOTE]

Haha I'll be waiting! I did boxer style too, so I should probably go customize that. My second character is going to be a LH (Yay, more of those, right? lol) but I'm pretty good with him.

Never got a PM back from urmomlikesme but we were supposed to play today at 6 P.M. Eastern. I waited and played some career mode, but now I'm getting offline for a while.

[quote name='Matt Young']Never got a PM back from urmomlikesme but we were supposed to play today at 6 P.M. Eastern. I waited and played some career mode, but now I'm getting offline for a while.[/QUOTE]

Just seen you're post. I've been home all day. Just waiting for a pm to get on XBL. sorry about the lack of communication

Got a couple of questions for you guys. First, when I've been rocked and the guy is standard over me pummeling me what is the best way to get out of this? I've been rotating the stick and that seems to work, but I just still feel helpless most of the time and it seems like chance. Not sure if I'm missing something or not.

On the subject of rotating the stick, when I shoot in for a takedown should I rotate it to win or just push it towards my opponent?

How do you upload videos? Is it an option once you make the highlights/clips?

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']1.)Got a couple of questions for you guys. First, when I've been rocked and the guy is standard over me pummeling me what is the best way to get out of this? I've been rotating the stick and that seems to work, but I just still feel helpless most of the time and it seems like chance. Not sure if I'm missing something or not.

2.)On the subject of rotating the stick, when I shoot in for a takedown should I rotate it to win or just push it towards my opponent?

3.)How do you upload videos? Is it an option once you make the highlights/clips?[/QUOTE]

1.) AFAIK, you just have to chose left or right on the left stick to lean that direction to try to dodge the strikes

2.) Rotate the stick

3.) I don't know about uploading from the game itself, but I was using an external recording device for my video.

[quote name='urmomlikesme']Just seen you're post. I've been home all day. Just waiting for a pm to get on XBL. sorry about the lack of communication[/QUOTE]

No problem. As I just said in the PM response, I swore we had agreed to 3 P.M. Pacific, but maybe I was wrong. I figured since you had been on browsing the thread, a post in here might get your attention. I'd like to set an exact time for tomorrow if you'll be available.

[quote name='Matt Young']No problem. As I just said in the PM response, I swore we had agreed to 3 P.M. Pacific, but maybe I was wrong. I figured since you had been on browsing the thread, a post in here might get your attention. I'd like to set an exact time for tomorrow if you'll be available.[/QUOTE]

I do browse the thread often but sometimes I think it says I'm on but I'm really not. The best way to reach me is via PM. I replied to your PM as well. Yeah we never agreed on a specific time. Just the afternoon.

[quote name='moojuice']Seems like the servers are still wonky enough that it's hard to tell if people are dropping, or if dashboard still isn't punished. Regardless, this is your third UFC game THQ, and you still can't get the servers right...

No worries if you made a comeback too Nate, I'm totally cool with "Shit happens." It happens in real life, so I'm OK with it...on the other hand if you kicked my leg, it went through my body and continued onto my head to knock me out...kinda like another sport game that seems to have collision issues...then ya, that would be a different story ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't really understand how some developers just don't understand online play. MLB The Show has been the same way. Just year after year, the servers are HORRID. Random disconnects, lag, framerate issues, etc. I'm at least hopeful that UFC has a better starting point this year, but it wouldn't surprise me either to see them completely crap out.

And good point. I could have "Tim Boetsch'ed" your ass, lol.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Got a couple of questions for you guys. First, when I've been rocked and the guy is standard over me pummeling me what is the best way to get out of this? I've been rotating the stick and that seems to work, but I just still feel helpless most of the time and it seems like chance. Not sure if I'm missing something or not.

On the subject of rotating the stick, when I shoot in for a takedown should I rotate it to win or just push it towards my opponent?

How do you upload videos? Is it an option once you make the highlights/clips?[/QUOTE]

1. Yeah, I think you can still ground sway while rocked. So, that would be RB + tapping left stick in any direction. Alternatively, you can just cover up and hope to God that you're not close enough to being TKO'd.

2. When you shoot, you should be rotating the stick. When you defend a takedown, you just hold back on the right stick.

3. What moojuice said.

Welterweight title fight set for tomorrow at 4 P.M. Pacific time. For the hour and a half that I was online with the game today, though, the servers were down. hopefully that isn't the case tomorrow.

Corky Buchek | Kevin 'The Hitman' Cepeda | TKO | 4:35 / Round 1

And to whoever's the CAG fight camp manager, swing me an invite or a pm please! It's time to start getting better lol

Nice! Corky Buchek vs Domingo Ayala for the Light Heavyweight title! :)

And, yeah, nycmetsfan, I'll get you a camp invite the next time I'm on. I forgot about it after I saw that you had accepted my friend request.

New welterweight champion. I already knew I had a lot to work on, and this bout reinforced that point. Congrats, Conrad Silva!

Conrad Silva l Matt Young l KO (head kick) l 3:40 of Round 1

[quote name='Matt Young']New welterweight champion. I already knew I had a lot to work on, and this bout reinforced that point. Congrats, Conrad Silva!

Conrad Silva l Matt Young l KO (head kick) l 3:40 of Round 1[/QUOTE]

AAAAAND THE NEW!!!!!

Haha I guess Benson Henderson wasn't the only new champ this week. Good fight Matt Young. I'm pretty sure we'll fight again soon. And to the rest of the Welterweight division, Bring it on!

Do any of your spar in the camp? I finally got it, but no one seemed to be active in the camp when I was there. If anyone wants to spar or have an exhibition, let me know!

Thinking about purchasing this game. Getting bored waiting for ME3 and I'll need a change of pace once I play it for awhile anyway.

In the immortal words of Booker T -- Matt Young, we comin' for you fuck!

[quote name='n8rockerasu']And, yeah, nycmetsfan, I'll get you a camp invite the next time I'm on. I forgot about it after I saw that you had accepted my friend request.[/QUOTE]

I'd like a camp invite as well. n8rockerasu we're already friends on XBL. I'm liking this game so much I caved and bought the season pass. I've already had planned to buy the contenders pack as soon as it was available.

[quote name='moojuice']So I messed around with the clip editor, and couldn't find a way to upload to youtube from there.[/QUOTE]

I wish the game had an "upload to youtube" feature. I'm assuming you have your own video recording equipment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzVrmRjeNQo&hd=1

It's God Given!

Domingoo Ayala | Corky Buchek | TKO | RD 3 (3:15)

Great fight, we definitely have similarities as far as fight styles. There were several occasions where we threw the same kick at basically the same time.

Rewatching the fight, I think Buchek actually would have taken Rounds 1 and 2 (and subsequently, during our sparing matches thereafter, Buchek TKO'd Ayala twice).
I think when round three came around though, stamina was an issue. Ayala was rocked and knocked down at the start of the third, but by the time Buchek could land any more strikes, he was gassed. Both fighters' right eye were jacked though lol.

Great fight Brandon.

bread's done
Back