Ultimate Warrior memorial wrestling thread 1959-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually said "what the fuck?" out loud when I read Triple H's tweet. I was scrolling through my feed, and several people had confirmed it by then.

I actually haven't seen many Warrior matches. My first introduction to him was at Wrestlemania XII. Regardless, he was one of my favorite gimmicks. Hearing his speech Saturday evening, then on Monday.. just.. unreal. I, too, thought HHH was hacked, then I thought that maybe he had killed himself or something and the speech on Monday was his own eulogy.

Just surreal. All I can think about is his family and how proud they looked Saturday.. they don't deserve this pain. No one does.

And with the death of Ultimate Warrior, that leaves one sole survivor of what I consider to be the Big 3 who helped build the WWF/WWE into what it is today. Whacha gonna do, brother, when Father Time comes to getchu.

Last edited by a moderator:
10150799_10152517257990116_6934476975076952533_n.jpg

Watching the Network stream (WM 6). I probably would not have believed you if you told me Dusty would outlast everyone else in that match (Liz, Sapphire, Sherri, Savage).

To lighten the mood a little, anyone want to guess what I kept singing to myself today?  It was accompanied by trumpets...

Late to the party.

But, now that I've had a chance to watch WrestleMania 30, from start to finish, and blip through Raw, I gotta say that WWE looks promising again. Been a while, and I'm busier than ever, but I'm gonna try to make an effort to keep up with Raw. They're pushing this "new generation" thing, and I'll come along for so long as that ride lasts.

Love the pop that Cesaro received during that whole "I'm a _____ guy" segment.

Edit:

Forget to mention that Michael Cole seems to have become better at his job. When did this start happening?

Just checking, for anyone else who watches the Network on 360 - the frequent stuttering is an inherent problem with the app, right? Happens on both my 360 and a friend's. Not sure about on demand but the stream definitely has it. Was going on during Mania and it still does it now.

Thanks Nancy Grace, its good to finally know that the cause of death for Owen Hart was drug/steroid related.
I missed it, but did she seriously have a show on Warrior & mention Owen Hart was a drug/steroid related death? How the hell is a 78 foot fall steroid related? Is she seriously that brain damaged? If so, she's more brain damaged than Benoit was when he died.

Makes me wonder if CNN just keeps her on the air just for controversy & ratings, much like Fox News does with a lot of their shows.

I missed it, but did she seriously have a show on Warrior & mention Owen Hart was a drug/steroid related death? How the hell is a 78 foot fall steroid related? Is she seriously that brain damaged? If so, she's more brain damaged than Benoit was when he died.
They were just scrolling a list of "wrestlers who died young" while the conversation was mainly about drug use. While obviously there are people that know better, I'm guessing this woman's audience probably just sees a list of dead people and hears talk of drugs and thinks they all died the same way.

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2014/04/09/ultimate-warrior-wwe-wrestling-icon-death

Reading the wiki pages for most of the names is quite depressing, especially when digging deeper into the Von Erich family (Fritz outliving 5 of his children is extremely rough)

I'd just like to point out that I was doing the John Cena Sucks song years ago, and even talked about it in a RAW chat with some of you guys. 

Also, RIP Warrior. 

Just checking, for anyone else who watches the Network on 360 - the frequent stuttering is an inherent problem with the app, right? Happens on both my 360 and a friend's. Not sure about on demand but the stream definitely has it. Was going on during Mania and it still does it now.
Yea, I was having that problem with the live streams. So ended up just watching it on my Roku which streamed fine.

God dammit I can't help but laugh at the thought of paramedics raising Warriors hand three times and dropping it before officially pronouncing him dead.

Weird how you can remember Zen Davis but can't remember that it was Akeem.

I'm glad to know Warrior didn't kill himself. He seemed far too disciplined in life but his speech on RAW seemed too "final".

Weird how you can remember Zen Davis but can't remember that it was Akeem.

I'm glad to know Warrior didn't kill himself. He seemed far too disciplined in life but his speech on RAW seemed too "final".
Mostly cause Akeem doesn't poke his head up nearly every day with some sort of nonsense. Zen Davis on the otherhand.......

The Nancy Grace thing pisses me off. The bitch could give 2 shits about the wrestling industry, its talent and the Ultimate Warrior. Ratings

This entire ignore them until they go away nonsense just doesn't work. 

The only person that might have gone away is Glenn Beck. Everyone else is still on the air including Grace. If you want to make a different contact Grace's advertisers and complain that you're going to boycott their wares until they stop backing Grace. That's the only proven option. She'll change her tune faster than a canary in a coal mine.

It killed the Attitude Era. It'll kill Grace's bullshit. 

This wasn't the best show ever, but it was quite entertaining. EY's win set up a nice mini-Bryan story of a beloved bearded babyface going for the title. Mr. Anderson regained his charisma by changing his hair color, while Davey decided to make his hair as wacky as his facial expressions with a reddish-blonde mohawk. It's a shame they didn't really pay off the funny farm bit here, because it was the one letdown to an otherwise fantastic skit that was the best thing Anderson's done in TNA in a long time.
AND THEN ERIC YOUNG BECAME TNA WORLD CHAMPION!
This was a nice feel-good story show, and it's a week that really could use another one.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/04/tna-impact-4-10-14.html

Screens -

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/kpcgtcelfdn5lax6x4a5mhr5fc3nxazh

Jesus. When are you going to stop being a dick man. Is this shit a full time job for you man?
Only when the situation calls for it. If I you don't like what I have to say, put me on ignore. I'm certainly considering it for you.

BTW, I'd like to see you site some actual posts from me to back up your theory.

Jesus. When are you going to stop being a dick man. Is this shit a full time job for you man?
It's the internet. Everyone is a cock 40 hours a week here.

I was actually going to watch TNA here in a few minutes, but nevermind now. Thanks Jay, I guess? Probably a good thing...

Only when the situation calls for it. If I you don't like what I have to say, put me on ignore. I'm certainly considering it for you.

BTW, I'd like to see you site some actual posts from me to back up your theory.
I'm fine with what you say. I'm never going to tell you to go away or anything. You've got every right to be heard. But Jay puts more time into his reviews than you do for any of your posts and all you have to offer a post bitching about spoilers?

You can be better than this instead of acting like a goddamn spoiler tag whore. If it aired then spoiler tags aren't necessary. Avoid the thread if you haven't gotten a chance to watch it as it aired. It's common sense. The end.

To be fair some people might be watching via DVR. Use spoiler tags out of courtesy more than anything else. It's not like as if it's a huge thing being asked for. Good god almighty.

It's the equivalent of me waiting in line outside of a theater and someone walking out of the previous showing talking about how
Bruce Willis was dead the entire time.

(See how easy it is to do?) 

It's completely inconsiderate and I stand by my statement. 

It's the equivalent of me waiting in line outside of a theater and someone walking out of the previous showing talking about how
Bruce Willis was dead the entire time.

It's completely inconsiderate and I stand by my statement.
Yeah. Because you were totally consistent and calling for spoiler tags during Wrestlemania.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/329519-the-bitch-about-wrestlemania-xxx-here-wrestling-thread/#entry11671847

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/329519-the-bitch-about-wrestlemania-xxx-here-wrestling-thread/page-2#entry11672007

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/329519-the-bitch-about-wrestlemania-xxx-here-wrestling-thread/page-2#entry11672029

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/329519-the-bitch-about-wrestlemania-xxx-here-wrestling-thread/page-3#entry11672194

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/329519-the-bitch-about-wrestlemania-xxx-here-wrestling-thread/page-3#entry11672202

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/329519-the-bitch-about-wrestlemania-xxx-here-wrestling-thread/page-5#entry11672323

Multiple users. Yet you go after Jay. Gee. I wonder why.

And you don't have to wait in a CAG thread to watch TNA Impact like you have to wait on line to get into a theater. What the heck are you even talking about?!

Jay has been posting full show recaps for eons and many have asked him to spoiler them not just due to the shows being spoiled but due to length as well.

Jay has been posting full show recaps for eons and many have asked him to spoiler them not just due to the shows being spoiled but due to length as well.
Jay always posts after the show airs. Spoilers aren't ever an issue with him. I'm seriously confounded by WrestleCAG's allergic reaction to paragraphs.

You wonder why? Well, that would be because I wasn't in the thread during WM. Try to have more information when attempting to make a point. The theater example was about being considerate of others who you know are to going to watch the same thing you just did. If you can't grasp that concept then you're just hopeless.

People would care about a movie being spoiled - who would honestly care about TNA being spoiled for them in 2014? The show was taped on a delay and no one even cared enough to send in the most important result before the show aired for websites to use.

You wonder why? Well, that would be because I wasn't in the thread during WM. Try to have more information when attempting to make a point. The theater example was about being considerate of others who you know are to going to watch the same thing you just did. If you can't grasp that concept then you're just hopeless.
Fair point. You weren't online. But you're online now. Lets see you call out KillerRamen, mitch079, ThunderChunky62, hiccupleftovers, and MushaOne for posting spoilers during Wrestlemania. Lets see you call them idiots like you called Jay. You won't.

You hiding behind a veil of consideration for spoilers is like Nancy Grace hiding behind "the children" when pot legalization is up for debate on her show. It doesn't have to be this way. Just apologize to Jay for the name calling and lets move on.

Any in case anyone missed it Eric Young. New TNA Champion. Wow. Wow. Wow.

Eric Young? Seriously? He was contender for worst person on their roster for a while.
From the TNA website.

Bk6SkMmCAAE_RlI.jpg

Apparently someone on Neogaf counted and before tonight, he had 3 singles match wins between 2012 and yesterday.

Jan 10, 2012 Impact: DQ win over Angelina Love
Nov 13, 2012 Impact: Pin win over Robbie E and Jessie Godderz
Sep 12, 2013 Impact: Win over Robbie E

I'm more impressed that TNA, Impact Wrestling or whatever it's called is even still around. They are the JTG of wrestling companies.

Yeah... I totally watched NXT instead. I loved the Bo Dallas
occupy NXT fail
segment tonight. Bo is silliest heel. Also Bailey should totally be
the Great Khali's new translator. She's perfectly weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back