Ultimate Warrior memorial wrestling thread 1959-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a story going around that Jeff Jarrett slapped the glasses off the face of Ian Rotten's 17 year old son backstage at an IWA Mid-South show over the weekend. Apparently, Jarrett was stiffed on some money. If that kid is anything like his dad, I'm sure he fully deserved it. Rotten is human garbage, and so is that promotion. It might even be below CZW on the list of things that are just absolutely awful.

Last edited by a moderator:
P.N.-News3.jpg
He looks like he ate Taz and gained his essence.

Speaking of things that look that Grimace, when did Mark Henry shave his head? Because, uh, well, he would look like Grimace if he shaved his beard.

And I like Rusev's music. 

Good tribute for Warrior by WWE's production team. Truly touching.

Watching that Delirious/Lethal video has me realize that I have been thinking Maria and Christy Hemme are the same thing. Not even the same person... just that between the two of them, they both occupy the same spot in my memory. I don't think I'm really missing anything by doing so.

My Mr. Wizard/Mr. Drummond thing, I still need to work on.

Had a rare late shift today and missed Raw. Based on what I read I don't need to download it or anything, but someone please tell me if I do.

WWE is still on a roll.

Raw was perfect (okay, the Warrior tribute was borderline-excessive). I legitimately can't wait to watch Main Event.

fucking lame ass crowd
for the tepid reaction?

ehhhh.

I think the *idea* behind Evolution was clear and smart, and the people were the right ones to use - and the Motorhead song fantastic (it still gets heavy rotation on the playlists I create for running).

But they didn't last very long, do very much, and suffered from "oh, goddammit, ANOTHER vehicle for Triple H to use to bury everyone and get himself over" syndrome.

In terms of stables, Evolution had all the ingredients it needed to be huge. But in hindsight, I really don't think the biz would be any different had they never come together at all. The Renee Dupree of stables.

I don't think there was a way to make that reveal surprising at all but the match itself should be fantastic.

Really the best thing about Evolution was how they broke up - turning on Orton after winning the belt and Batista turning on Triple H.

Are Batista & Orton heels currently?  I'm guessing after WM 30 HHH still is so I was wondering if the mixing of face/heel w/ evolution could've been part of the underwhelming response.

Evolution without Flair is like nWo without Hogan.
Yeah, I noticed that they just used a graphic of the group logo for their entrance. Probably because if they used the old entrance video, people would realize "Hey, you're missing Ric Flair". It's like them trying to ignore that Chyna use to be in DX.

I think the Eric Young title run will be similar to James Storm's.  It's done to give the rub to one of their originals but won't be long at all.  We'll see.

Orton/Batista seemed kinda neutral leading up to WM once the possibility of Triple H being in the main event came up...definitely back to being heels now though. 

Seems like they are letting a lot of guys operate as tweeners now.  Barrett is definitely acknowledging cheers and they're still handing out Cesaro Section signs even though he's wrestling faces and is allied with Heyman.

Heyman is in a very weird spot right now. I don't think I've ever seen a manager get a face/heel reaction based on who he's with when they come down to the ring.

There's a story going around that Jeff Jarrett slapped the glasses off the face of Ian Rotten's 17 year old son backstage at an IWA Mid-South show over the weekend. Apparently, Jarrett was stiffed on some money. If that kid is anything like his dad, I'm sure he fully deserved it. Rotten is human garbage, and so is that promotion. It might even be below CZW on the list of things that are just absolutely awful.
Never happened according to the latest update. Also nice job advocating child abuse. I wonder if you'd have the same reaction if a professional someone knocked the glasses of your 17 year old kid's face though.

I had the network on as background noise, but my ears certainly picked up when I heard his voice.

Is that his first ever-ever-ever WWE appearance, WCW archival footage notwithstanding?

Page 15 of that script has a very very interesting tidbit down at the bottom.
CM Punk (INJ - TBD)
So if this document is real, that means Punk's whole walking out is kayfabe to play off an injury.
No it doesn't, that just seems to be the phrase they use for guys who aren't really active but are still on the roster technically. There is absolutely no way in hell this thing is a work. My guess is they list it this way because Vince still wants him back and they are still trying to get him back before his contract is up/they let him go. I think it's up in July (?) so they prpbably figure that's ample time to try to convince him to come back.

It looks like AJ Lee will be gone for at least a few weeks... Not entirely sure why, but on Main Event
Tamina Snooka became the #1 Contender and will face Paige at Extreme Rules.

No it doesn't, that just seems to be the phrase they use for guys who aren't really active but are still on the roster technically. There is absolutely no way in hell this thing is a work. My guess is they list it this way because Vince still wants him back and they are still trying to get him back before his contract is up/they let him go. I think it's up in July (?) so they prpbably figure that's ample time to try to convince him to come back.
Good point. I'm sure Vince insists it be listed that way until he makes his final say.

This is about as ignorant a thing to say as one black teen mocking another for doing well in school and planning for college. Congrats. You're literally no better than a redneck now. I wish I wasn't surrounded by this much stupid. God help me.

---------------------------

Stephanie McMahon tweeted this pretty cool image. I wonder how long it takes to put together one of these.

neEoHDH.jpg

----------------------------------

Never Headbutt A Samoan!

http://imgur.com/a/SuGHD

This is about as ignorant a thing to say as one black teen mocking another for doing well in school and planning for college. Congrats. You're literally no better than a redneck now. I wish I wasn't surrounded by this much stupid. God help me.
Dude, stop taking their fucking bait. You really do bring most of this hate on yourself by not seeming to understand how the internet works at all. Ignore that shit, or you're gonna wind up on everyone's ignore list.

Dude, stop taking their fucking bait. You really do bring most of this hate on yourself by not seeming to understand how the internet works at all. Ignore that shit, or you're gonna wind up on everyone's ignore list.
I see it more like a kind of like Stockholm Syndrome for PitFallHarry and Rigor Mortis. They give me attention. I kick them. They give me more attention. They're fucked up in the head like that. Whenever they try starting, I point this out to them all the time and then they go quiet with shame.

The craziest thing is that I'm not even trolling. They're just salty at me and Jay in general for not acting like them. I link my friends to their attempts to stir me up all the time. We laugh at them and make jokes about how I've gotten under their skin as much as I have. I'm more over as a heel in this thread than Batista was during his win at the Rumble. I love it. I don't see any Batista CAG memes around here.

iuA9NnqzHJiEX.gif

I bet the "friends" that this guy links here (who absolutely DO exist) are incredibly impressed that he's a guy talking about himself as a HEEL that's OVER on a video game website thread about wrestling.

I link my friends to their attempts to stir me up all the time. We laugh at them and make jokes about how I've gotten under their skin as much as I have. I'm more over as a heel in this thread than Batista was during his win at the Rumble. I love it. I don't see any Batista CAG memes around here.
The fact that you "send links" of us shitting on you to your REAL LIFE friends and "lol" about it speaks volumes of how sad you really are. I don't waste any time <other than the minute or 2 I am actually on here> even thinking about your ignorant attempts at being an internet forum smark heel. I really am glad I can give you and your "friends" a moment of brevity in your lives though. Bringing laughter to the world is actually something I can say i am proud of.

As far as not seeing and Batista/cag memes here, well there is a good reason for that. We actually have "some" semblance of respect for Batista. Whether we like him or not, we can respect the fact the guy is a pro, worked hard to get to where he is, and has accomplished things alot of other wrestlers never will. You on the other hand, well.... we don't respect and never will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back