Ultimate Warrior memorial wrestling thread 1959-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet the "friends" that this guy links here (who absolutely DO exist) are incredibly impressed that he's a guy talking about himself as a HEEL that's OVER on a video game website thread about wrestling.
:lol: I'm assuming this is in reference to a HttM post. Perspective can be a bitter pill.

not my best work since it was done in 2 mins

vgo6zo.jpg

As far as not seeing and Batista/cag memes here, well there is a good reason for that. We actually have "some" semblance of respect for Batista. Whether we like him or not, we can respect the fact the guy is a pro, worked hard to get to where he is, and has accomplished things alot of other wrestlers never will. You on the other hand, well.... we don't respect and never will.
Yeah. What he said.

Jhke4tR.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You've getting to the point where you've made more posts about me than the Ultimate Warrior in the Ultimate Warrior Memorial thread. Think about that. 

Anyway, Austin Aries is in the doghouse in TNA apparently. He had a blow-up at a TV taping recently and they weren't very appreciative of it. I guess he thought what most of us thought about giving Eric Young the World Title.

Speaking of Batista...interested in seeing that Sheamus/Batista match tomorrow night.  The spoilers described it as being "very physical" which has me hoping it'll be along the lines of the the matches he had with guys he had good chemistry with - Barrett/Show etc.

This will probably do nothing to get the thread back on track :D

All this talk of Batista just makes me think of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGOKAVPYZOw

Infact anytime I think or hear the name Batista I just think of that. I Can only hope his now full heel turn means more moments like that.

All this talk of Batista just makes me think of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGOKAVPYZOw

Infact anytime I think or hear the name Batista I just think of that. I Can only hope his now full heel turn means more moments like that.
Easily my favorite Batista moment. Brotista is endlessly entertaining too.

Httm, you are a troll. You have been added to my CAG ignore list, which consists of exactly one person, you. Out of the thousands of CAG members on this forum, you are the only person who I actively do not want to read any further posts from. 

Even just the idea of a grown adult man inviting "friends" over to his house to read a message board is creepy as shit in and of itself, but you sir, you take it to a whole other level of sadness and awkwardness. You laugh at how "over" you are as a "heel" on a wrestling thread in a forum for fans of video games who are looking for cheap prices. 

I think you need to take a break from the internet as a whole, and this website specifically. I feel sorry for you, that your life is so void that your only entertainment comes from essentially getting X-Pac level heat on a wrestling thread that 99.9% of the world doesn't give a shit about. 

I'll address this one last time. I'm perfectly fine if you want to throw me on ignore. It honestly doesn't matter to me. You don't like what I say, that's what that feature is there for. But I'll level with you because we haven't really had any issues before. Maybe you read this. Maybe you don't. I don't care.

At the end of the day there is a basic level of exasperation on my part where posters in this thread come off as utterly insane and vengeful for not behaving like them. The level of shit I get for posting pictures, GIFs, and youtube links has ALWAYS been unwarranted and has bordered on ruthlessness. And there's a couple of ways I can take that aggression. 

Either I accept that my posting this wrestling content in a wrestling thread is completely over the top, or that I'm being unfairly attacked because I don't things the way a lot of you guys do. So what do I do? I check out other wrestling communities and what I've discovered is that not ONE has the vilification associated with posting multiple images or videos that people in this community. Not one.

And that fact makes those people who go after me look like a joke, and quite frankly, I will treat them as such. This isn't about entertaining myself. It never was. That's what I have professional wrestling for. It's about the fact that there's a small handful of WrestleCAG regulars who go above and beyond what it takes to be an asshole and I find it hard not to laugh at their expense for how petty they come off as.

If you took any of what I wrote in that post seriously, feel free to keep me on ignore. But that was directed at a core group of people who I legitimately believe to have the logical faculty of a member of the Westboro Baptist Church. I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up posting a "God Hates Gifs!" image in a response to me.

bitw-ppv-rotor-1.jpg

Apparently Ring of Honor looks like they're coming back to PPV except this time the shows will be live instead of pre-taped. It seems weird that in an age where everything is going digital this is going to PPV. 

The cost is ridiculous in my opinion as the SD option costs $24.95. This might be because of the costs associated with the cable company to run the even live but in a world where the WWE Network offers PPVs for $9.99, it feels like a bit much. No word on the card yet. 

I'll address this one last time. I'm perfectly fine if you want to throw me on ignore. It honestly doesn't matter to me. You don't like what I say, that's what that feature is there for. But I'll level with you because we haven't really had any issues before. Maybe you read this. Maybe you don't. I don't care.

At the end of the day there is a basic level of exasperation on my part where posters in this thread come off as utterly insane and vengeful for not behaving like them. The level of shit I get for posting pictures, GIFs, and youtube links has ALWAYS been unwarranted and has bordered on ruthlessness. And there's a couple of ways I can take that aggression.

Either I accept that my posting this wrestling content in a wrestling thread is completely over the top, or that I'm being unfairly attacked because I don't things the way a lot of you guys do. So what do I do? I check out other wrestling communities and what I've discovered is that not ONE has the vilification associated with posting multiple images or videos that people in this community. Not one.

And that fact makes those people who go after me look like a joke, and quite frankly, I will treat them as such. This isn't about entertaining myself. It never was. That's what I have professional wrestling for. It's about the fact that there's a small handful of WrestleCAG regulars who go above and beyond what it takes to be an asshole and I find it hard not to laugh at their expense for how petty they come off as.

If you took any of what I wrote in that post seriously, feel free to keep me on ignore. But that was directed at a core group of people who I legitimately believe to have the logical faculty of a member of the Westboro Baptist Church. I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up posting a "God Hates Gifs!" image in a response to me.
Quoted so I can show my friends later and laugh about it.

Also, you broke kayfabe.

At the end of the day there is a basic level of exasperation on my part where posters in this thread come off as utterly insane and vengeful for not behaving like them. The level of shit I get for posting pictures, GIFs, and youtube links has ALWAYS been unwarranted and has bordered on ruthlessness. And there's a couple of ways I can take that aggression.

If you took any of what I wrote in that post seriously, feel free to keep me on ignore. But that was directed at a core group of people who I legitimately believe to have the logical faculty of a member of the Westboro Baptist Church. I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up posting a "God Hates Gifs!" image in a response to me.
48674305.jpg

Okay -

I've been watching this thread for a while.  I'm going to say this in regards to the WWE product.

It seems to be improving.  I've got a wife and kids, and busy with work - but I get a chance to tune in through Hulu and the WWE Network - I dig it.

I watched Mania - best match on the card (Daniel Bryan vs. HHH). 

Here's my thoughts in regards to what we'll see in the near future with WWE. 

Undoubtbedbly, we're going to see payoffs on the PPVs - things like Bray winning without help in the cage, Bryan overcoming odds - Shield beating Evolution........maybe not face over heel - but what people want to see, will come true at the PPVs.  That's how WWE will sell the network.

You know, I'd like to see Ziggler get bumped back into the title scenery, but here's the thing........maybe later.  I think he's a great worker, but his best work is when he becomes a lifeless corpse.  He's like when the Sgt. gets done with Beetle Baliey.  At the rumble - that bump when ADR kicked him in the head and he went out......or how about the Bullhammer.  The guy sells lifeless in a way that I don't recall seeing.....and puts on a good show on the way there.  I think Seth Rollins has potential to be 2nd on this list.

Anyways - wrestling is essentially a guilty pleasure type of outlet for me.  I'm hopeful that this thread can outgrow some of the rivalrly and embrace some of what's going on.  We're about to see Bo Dallas and Adam Rose on the big stage.  Rusev is getting monster push.  There are some good things going on out there. 

Looks like former TNA wrestler Jesse Neal(for those who don't remember, Shannon Moore's tag team partner in Ink Inc.) is now working the night shift at an Orlando Wal-mart(hey, I guess take whatever pays the bills).  But he jokingly said that he's actually making more working for Wal-mart than wrestling for TNA and is paid on time. 

Looks like former TNA wrestler Jesse Neal(for those who don't remember, Shannon Moore's tag team partner in Ink Inc.) is now working the night shift at an Orlando Wal-mart(hey, I guess take whatever pays the bills). But he jokingly said that he's actually making more working for Wal-mart than wrestling for TNA and is paid on time.
I tried saying before that being on basic cable ≠ $$$.

Keep in mind WWE tried signing AJ Styles to a $500/week contract as a developmental guy. That's $26K *gross* income - which is right around 50% US median household income. Granted, developmental should be lower, y'all thinking that dudes are living like a goddamned Jay-Z video because they're on TV are out of your minds.

Gunnar ain't making six figures.

Looks like former TNA wrestler Jesse Neal(for those who don't remember, Shannon Moore's tag team partner in Ink Inc.) is now working the night shift at an Orlando Wal-mart(hey, I guess take whatever pays the bills). But he jokingly said that he's actually making more working for Wal-mart than wrestling for TNA and is paid on time.
What does it say about TNA when their former employees make more money working at fucking WALMART?

Didnt Taylor Wilde say she was Knockouts champ and working at some clothing shop (sunglass hut I think) at the same time and she made more from that than TNA despite being the champ?

If you don't actually want to watch Raw but would prefer someone dramatically reenact it for you, TNA is here.

Also Dixie pretty much said that she invented Daniel Bryan.

Ring of Honor is going to be back on PPV in June with Best in the World.  They will be live so hears hoping they can put together a glitch-free broadcast.  They're offering it for $25 with an HD option (hopefully no more than $5) so I may give it a try.

BITW_14_V1_no_online_WEBf51824.jpg

RING OF HONOR DEBUTS ON LIVE PAY-PER-VIEW WITH BEST IN THE WORLD 2014 ON SUNDAY JUNE 22

Baltimore, MD (April 17, 2014) – Ring of Honor Wrestling Entertainment, LLC (“ROH”) today announced that they have agreed to deliver live Pay-Per-View programming starting with Ring of Honor: Best in the World 2014 emanating from Nashville, TN on Sunday June 22nd at the Nashville Fairgrounds. 

For the first time ever, fans will be able to experience a marquee ROH event live at home via all major cable or satellite providers and witness next generation wrestling innovation, epic rivalries and world championship bouts. 

Ring of Honor: Best in the World 2014 will feature the likes of: Matt Hardy, Kevin Steen, the Briscoe Brothers, ROH World Champion Adam Cole, “Unbreakable” Michael Elgin, Jay Lethal, as well as, Playboy cover girl and the first woman of ROH, Maria Kanellis and other elite wrestlers from ROH.

The start time for Ring of Honor: Best in the World 2014 is 8 p.m. EST / 5 p.m. PST with a runtime of 3 hours.  The event is rated TV-14 and will be available in High-Definition. The suggested retail price is $24.95 (SD).

In conjunction with ROH’s debut on live Pay-Per-View, ROH has moved Ring of Honor: Best in the World 2014 from Saturday night to Sunday.  Customers that have already purchased tickets for Saturday can use those tickets for Sunday.  If unable to attend, ROH will provide a refund.  Tickets should be mailed back to: Ring of Honor Wrestling, 2000 West 41st St., Baltimore, MD 21211. Contact: [email protected] for questions or more information.

“We are thrilled to announce that ROH is now available live on Pay-Per-View via cable and satellite,” said Joe Koff, Chief Operating Officer of ROH.  “Fans hungry for the best wrestling in the world will now have access to their favorite brand of wrestling from the comfort of their couch in stunning high definition, which is something our customers have been demanding for some time.  We’re happy to deliver on that starting this June with Best in the World.”

"UNBREAKABLE" MICHAEL ELGIN vs. "THE PHENOMENAL" AJ STYLES
ROH TV
24 Hours Online Only

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DflSRFzzYJk​

Didnt Taylor Wilde say she was Knockouts champ and working at some clothing shop (sunglass hut I think) at the same time and she made more from that than TNA despite being the champ?
Daniels and Kazarian look to both be gone from TNA.

Impact largely sucked. Loved Spud and EC3.  They're at least doing some good video packages for EY, but with Dixie all but saying this was due to Danielson to START THE SHOW OFF, it's clear that this was done for all the wrong reasons. Hyping up a monster's ball on the same show with an unannounced wacky hardcore women's brawl was really stupid. Ditto Tigre Uno still being allowed to do that capture suplex. He's done it twice and spiked guys each time - it's not needed. The main event overdelivered - they shouldn't have had two hardcore matches on one show, but at least had this one go to levels the women's match (thankfully) didn't go to. EY needed at least a pretty good match for his first world title match, and this was just fine for it.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/04/tna-impact-4-17-14.html

Screens -

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/idefhf28luxnbym7cnlyor9wfrah3c5l

Yep, and she had to quit that job after people recognized who she was. There was also the story of ODB having a full time job at a bar in Minnesota.

IIRC, Jesse Neal was also released because he complained the money he made wasn't enough to live on. Which TNA management told him to get a second job, if he needs more money.

Daniels and Kazarian look to both be gone from TNA.
What does that have to do with Taylor Wilde?

---

If you guys have the time, I highly recommend listening to Austin's podcast this week. He did a 2 parter with Paul Heyman and he was easily the best guest so far on the show. Some highlights include:

-Paul's perspective on how and why ECW failed

-How he got fired back in 2004 and how he had Vince and Stephanie believing this lie he's been telling them ever since, up until this podcast (hope he doesnt get punished for it)

-Very funny story about how much of a workholic Vince is

-Austin hints at a very interesting guest that will probably show up on a future podcast

My fault for lack of content. It was meant to be more in line with the fact that like Wilde, TNA tried to pay Daniels and Kazarian peanuts and both left the company like Wilde did.

I initially wasn't going to respond to the babbling post of insanity we got a few days ago. More so because I have HTTM on my ignore list and only saw his rant after it got quoted by several people. But after re-reading it a few minutes ago I suddenly have the urge to say a few words.

A - You (as in HTTM) keep saying how other forums don't have issues with posts with multiple gifs etc. Guess what dude. You aren't on those forums. So why do you keep bringing that up here? If you so like it on whatever wrestling forum that doesn't have an issue with it then go there. We here on CAG frown upon it due to the fact that not everybody has super fast Internet or super fast computers. So that crap slows things down for them. Don't like it? Again go to those other forums you speak so highly of.

B - If you really don't care what we think then why even bother with the long winded rant at us? And while at it the whole WBC stuff is over kill.

Other then that I think the "what the" picture pretty much sums up my reaction. I don't say this to be a jerk to you HTTM but it's my honest feelings.

HOLY SHIT! "Little Natch" Charlie Robinson almost lost his thumb today in Saudi Arabia in an accident when he was putting together the ring! GRAPHIC!

pwTY2Oi.jpg

I'm just catching up on This weeks Smackdown but m I the only one sick of seeing a variation of Santino and Emma vs Fandango and Layla? Its not a fucking rivalry, its a waste of time.

Goofy Emma was entertaining for a little bit, but I wish they'd just let her wrestle. She was trained by Lance Storm at the Storm Wrestling Academy, and it definitely shows.

Maybe if Santino didn't have such a stale gimmick it would work better.  I mean, he's gone for 6 months, comes back, gets a pop, and, 5 minutes later, people remember why they didn't miss him.  I would not be against an Emma kick to his nuts and shoving the cobra down his mouth.

Maybe if Santino didn't have such a stale gimmick it would work better. I mean, he's gone for 6 months, comes back, gets a pop, and, 5 minutes later, people remember why they didn't miss him. I would not be against an Emma kick to his nuts and shoving the cobra down his mouth.
Id personally rather see her shove the cobra down HER throat, but to each their own.

Santino just needs to reboot his character. Its easier for him to keep his job with this goofy guy character that the WWE loves, but I think he could succeed with something serious. He can let his sense of humor come out but he deserves more than guys like Kofi Kingston and Sheamus get.

I've Got nothing against Emma, I loved her in NXT. I just hate that shes is trapped at Santinos side. Like the rest of Y'all i rather see her do her own thing.

I wonder if they did Sting/Lesnar next year instead of Sting/Undertaker.
Id rather see Cesaro/Sting or something. Lesnar really needs someone young and not so fragile to beat up on. And Sting really needs someone who can carry a match to do anything decent. Im guessing Cesaro will be a good guy by then so maybe not him. Sting/Wyatt? Even Sting/Rock would be good even though it goes against everything I just said.

Id rather see Cesaro/Sting or something. Lesnar really needs someone young and not so fragile to beat up on. And Sting really needs someone who can carry a match to do anything decent. Im guessing Cesaro will be a good guy by then so maybe not him. Sting/Wyatt? Even Sting/Rock would be good even though it goes against everything I just said.
Sting/Wyatt is a brilliant idea! That would be breathtaking! The promos alone would be worth watching! Fantastic idea!

I was thinking if they might not have Sting put Lesnar over to give Lesnar the new Streak of Wrestlemania. On one hand I hate the idea but on the other I understand it.

--------------

Lou Thesz vs. Rikidozan. I've never seen a match this early in the century before and it's amazing how little workrate there really is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og0b1QyxnFg

I think if Sting signed a deal with WWE, and signs point to that he may have since he was on the Warrior tributes on the Network, it is a legends contract and he will be headlining the HOF class next year; my theory why he said 31 is my new favorite number over Mania weekend.  

Get off the nostalgia ganja.  I don't want to see a Sting in the ring at 25% of what he used to be.  Let the man get his HOF ring, host a Wrestlemania, have a couple of DVDs/Blu Rays, share his thoughts on the Legends roundtables, etc.  Quit asking for one more match and be happy with the thousands he did have.

Sting deserves one Wrestlemania moment and paycheck. His TNA matches weren't terrible and given a year to get prepped and in shape, I'm sure he could pull out something decent with a younger talent to carry him. He will still be younger than Flair was when Flair retired and I believe HHH and Vince are sure they can build the novelty of having Sting into a huge, huge draw for Wrestlemania 31.

I said it before, but I just want to see Sting wrestle once in the WWE. His whole career he was seemingly afraid to jump into the big boy pool so now that he might be ready I dont care how bad the match is. The build up alone should be worth it. Also, Sting has always been awful in the ring so him at 25% really isnt important to me. Hype the match as his retirement match, maybe throw Flair in as a guest referee. Id be excited to see that.

Who is white jacket guy? Some super fan? Only one of those I recognize is the dude in the red hat. It's funny, he's clearly fuckin' LOADED if he can tour with WWE as a fan. But if that's what he does, good lood a'mighty do I feel bad for him.

Tried watching Impact tonight. fucking hell if this is what professional wrestling is. I thought I liked professional wrestling, but it appears "the worst soliloquies" is what the program appears to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back