Ultimate Warrior memorial wrestling thread 1959-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the jump from Rollins filmed .. really close. This gif (which I made from a video someone posted on Reddit) has way more impact, to me, than from the angle they showed on TV.

i5ZuPsKu2Z97F.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt because of how good WrestleMania was but aside from the actual finishes, I'm so disappointed I stayed up to watch this PPV.

Was Cena/Wyatt in an alternate universe where WCW is the company that stayed around? A little boy speaking in a warped horror movie voice causing the face to lose is something that would have (or has) happened to Sting.

Rusev's match was unbelievably boring. The triple threat elimination match was just a burial.

HUGE WWE NETWORK UPDATE: ALL 35 NWA/WCW CLASH OF THE CHAMPIONS shows are in the vault! This is the most exciting news I've received yet this morning.

Yea that PPV or special event or whatever it is called was pretty bad. It seems like WWE was just trying to give the fans what they want. Instead of put on a good show. I turned it off during the Cena match.

I didnt even know Big E still had a job, never mind was the IC Champ. And Bad News Barrett I do not understand how he is over. His schtick could be good if he ever said anything clever or funny or amusing but he doesnt. Its just "Ive got some bad news for you" and then lists something he read in the newspaper.

I'd say the PPV was meandering fun. I found Evolution / Shield, WeeLC, and Bryan/Kane all enjoyable. I get what you mean about Barrett though. The material they give him is is about 1/10th as interesting the material they cook up for The Rock. God damn WWE writers. Try harder!

I agree, the writers are lazy with Barrett's material.  And the WeeLC was fun, I didnt realize it was on the preshow though so had to go back and find it to watch once I got bored of the Cena match.

With rumors of WWE signing Goldberg and having him wrestle at the next Mania, I would love to him go in and put over Cesaro.

I agree, the writers are lazy with Barrett's material. And the WeeLC was fun, I didnt realize it was on the preshow though so had to go back and find it to watch once I got bored of the Cena match.

With rumors of WWE signing Goldberg and having him wrestle at the next Mania, I would love to him go in and put over Cesaro.
Bill Goldberg vs. Claudio Castagnoli. Man just saying that sounds insane.

Or even HHH vs. Tyler Black last night.

Or to think Bryan Danielson vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley took place at Wrestlemania 30.

It kind of blows my mind.

Just got an e-mail that if I refer someone to subscribe to the WWEN that we both get a $25 wweshop giftcard. You can do this up to 10 times. Anyone interested in ordering wanna do this send me a pm. Wouldn't mind the new Wyatt's t-shirt if I can get it.

Does the email mention when the referral promo expires?

Also, for what it's worth, I enjoyed the show last night.

After being slightly disappointed about missing Extreme Rules last night, I stayed up to watch Dragon Gate's Dead or Alive 2014. You guys should check it out, I found my self really enjoying it a lot. Those of you who were disappointed by Dontaku should take a look at it. Main Event was a 50 minute 6-man cage match with interesting stipulations and Dragon Gate shenanigans.

Well that sucked.

Of course Trips work out buddy is given yet another title run. I absolutely can't stand Sheamus.

After being slightly disappointed about missing Extreme Rules last night, I stayed up to watch Dragon Gate's Dead or Alive 2014. You guys should check it out, I found my self really enjoying it a lot. Those of you who were disappointed by Dontaku should take a look at it. Main Event was a 50 minute 6-man cage match with interesting stipulations and Dragon Gate shenanigans.
Thanks for the heads-up!

This was one of those shows that just wouldn't end. Sheamus getting the U.S. Title was unexpected, but I do like that it at least puts the title on a guy who will defend it for a while as a face, and probably use it to turn heel. Cesaro-RVD was better here than on the PPV, sans the finish - although I liked that showing a vicious side to Cesaro. Lots of nothing occurred for hour one, and even Ryback and Cody did double duty. All of the acting with Kane and Bryan's angle sucked. Bryan-Alberto was decent, although Alberto is starting to look really old physique-wise. The Mr. T video was just mean. Funny sure, but needlessly cruel. The guy loves his mother and YOU fuckING MOCK HIM FOR IT TO CELEBRATE MOTHER'S DAY. Shield-Wyatts was the worst match of the bunch yet. Still pretty good though. The post-match stuff with Evolution was great and I'm looking forward to the next match a lot.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/05/pre-show-filler-is-trishs-home-and.html

Screens -

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/txai12wtppaas0r6gczghx85orbkgnk9

The best part of the show was them ribbing Mr. T's Hall of Fame speech.  Beyond that...yeesh, this show was BAD.

The Kane bit...ugh...ugh...ugh...terrible.  Just. Awful.  The fact that they're going to do Kane...AGAIN...is bullshit.  They're screwing Bryan over.  He deserves better opponents than Kane and I presume afterwards The Big Show, cuz...that's what I expect of them.

The best part of the show was them ribbing Mr. T's Hall of Fame speech. Beyond that...yeesh, this show was BAD.

The Kane bit...ugh...ugh...ugh...terrible. Just. Awful. The fact that they're going to do Kane...AGAIN...is bullshit. They're screwing Bryan over. He deserves better opponents than Kane and I presume afterwards The Big Show, cuz...that's what I expect of them.
Nah. They will more than likely give Hornswaggle the push into the title scene he so richly deserves.

God, it's like WWE writers have amnesia.  They're somewhat repeating what they did to bury Zack Ryder's push years ago.  Only difference is Cena isn't involved this time along with some confusing love triangle between Cena, Bryan & Brie.

So apparently Ziggler tweeted that Zack Ryder was the bunny during the Adam Rose segment last night. Oh man just how low can this guy go.

So I was out of town over the weekend and missed both Extreme Rules and Raw. A quick scan of the thread suggests Raw was woefully bad. Was Extreme Rules worth watching at all?

God, it's like WWE writers have amnesia. They're somewhat repeating what they did to bury Zack Ryder's push years ago. Only difference is Cena isn't involved this time along with some confusing love triangle between Cena, Bryan & Brie.
WWE is nonstop. That means it never ends and doesn't have seasons. So of course they are going to run into similar storylines sooner or later.

For those of you that are interested, the first hour or so of Smackdown looks godawful. But Reigns vs. Henry, Batista vs. Seth Rollins, and Los Matadores vs. 3MB are said to be decent, if not good.

So I was out of town over the weekend and missed both Extreme Rules and Raw. A quick scan of the thread suggests Raw was woefully bad. Was Extreme Rules worth watching at all?
Shield vs. Evolution was very good. Everything else i thought was at least ok except for Wyatt/Cena which disappointed.

WeeLC was way better than it had any right to be and was good fun, as well.

The kid who helped the Wyatts at the PPV was Jameson's son. So glad he survived being thrown off the TV studio roof by The Berzerker so he could raise a child. Judging by his voice, I'm guessing Nailz was the mother.

As far as the PPV, Shield/Evo was pretty good. Kane/Bryan was better than I would have expected. They pulled out several tricks we haven't seen on WWE tv in a while and did the best they could considering it's a match no one asked for a month ago.

Hour 1 was just a bunch of stuff, with EC3-Angle really under-delivering and the Bully-Dixie skits being a bit hit or miss. The BroMans-Wolves ladder match greatly overdelivered. I didn't expect much from an unhyped TV ladder match, but they had a PPV-quality match that should've either been on the last show or the next one. The skits got so much better when it was largely just Bully and Spud being silly. The Menagerie was a ton of fun, and easily the best thing Knux has done since being a wacky smart big brute on SD. He's in a wacky role and playing it perfectly. And Rebel's ass is amazing. Bram attacking Willow with Mr. Turnbuckle was something. The closing angle with EY and MVP was terribly-executed. It was rushed, had terrible voiceover work, and worse canned heat.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/05/tna-impact-5-8-14.html

Screens -

WHY DID I SIGN THAT EXTENSION!?

"Don't make me get physical!"

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/p6rpa9xxwfkdhtdaz1s38049oi0b0kqp

I never thought I would ever be more interested in a Jim Duggan/Tony Atlas feud than I was in TNA or Impact Wrestling, whatever it is call, but here I am.

I watched Ep 2 of Legends House last night, it's ok.

I wonder why they got Ashley Pussycatdoll to be on it instead of one of the Divas.

I read where Kenny King (currently in TNA) was one of the chippendale dancers in the most recent episode. IIRC, they filmed the series a couple years ago, though.

I read where Kenny King (currently in TNA) was one of the chippendale dancers in the most recent episode. IIRC, they filmed the series a couple years ago, though.
I thought one of the dudes looked familiar, thought it was an actor or something.

I generally don't like reality shows because of the fabricated drama, but enjoyed the first few episodes. Last nights episode, though, seemed to make a thing out of every tiny thing that happened and it just made the whole thing drag on...

I like Legends House, but I think it is just because there is never anything good on tv Thursday nights so it kills some time. Aside from that, reality shows like this were hot 10-15 years ago, not so much today. Another season with Ric Flair could be entertaining. Maybe have Sid and Arn on it too.

WWE Network is so great. Every night I can come home and watch a PPV from when PPVs meant something. Best $10 a month I have ever spent.

Mr. Beef - if you still post here - and if you go by the name Professor Beef on GAF:

It's really not fucking cool at all if you steal content from others and then post it as your own, then sit there accepting praise for it. Not going to expand beyond that, because you know what I'm talking about.

Be aware that it doesn't go unnoticed. Didn't say anything on GAF about it because I didn't want to embarrass anyone and I rarely post there, and the place of origin was either here or another board I frequent. Likely here because there isn't much traffic on the other site.

If you aren't "Professor Beef," sorry, disregard.

Thanks. Found his Twitter is also under "professor." Not a huge deal since it's just wrestling stuff, but still pretty fucking lame. It was not just a one liner or something, it was a lengthy post that was copied verbatim, literally copied and pasted.

I have no issue with posting stuff I've seen from others if it's funny or good or whatever, but I at least make a point to say they are not my words.

Saw this story about TNA production staff threatening to walk off during their last set of tapings last week. Don't know if it's true or not, but if it is, that's some old ECW level BS going on with that company.

There were major concerns about money at this past week's set of TNA Impact Wrestling tapings in Orlando, specifically with the production crew.

People in production were upset about being behind on pay and it was said that if they weren't caught up on pay by a certain point, they were going to walk out in the middle of last week's sets of tapings.

These threats clearly made their way back to TNA management as checks were issued to people and everything cooled off. There was a 24-hour period where there was a lot of tension backstage. As noted earlier, money is tighter than ever right now for TNA.
They've also let
Kazarian's
contract expire. He's supposedly with going Christopher Daniels, who left last month, and going to ROH. Rumor was that TNA felt they were paying him too much( :rofl:) and could hire two new guys at the rate they were paying him. If so, I feel bad for the two new guys' paychecks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back