Ultimate Warrior memorial wrestling thread 1959-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet Dreamer would be having a shit eating grin right now if he saw pics of what the crowds looked like between the two shows.

HOH:
10306084_10202237777090527_44381441392742014_n.jpg

TNA

BpgBvctIIAAfstf.jpg
Bpfjz6zCQAAnmzT.jpg

I dont know what's sadder, the fact that they actually held an event at a minor league baseball stadium or that minor league stadiums dont really fit that many people yet they still couldnt sell out.

So I received No Holds Barred on blu-ray and it includes the two matches involving Zeus as a special feature. For some reason that escapes me they replaced Real American with some awful music for Hogan...I always thought WWE owned the rights to that song for some reason and I've never seen it replaced anywhere else. Weird.

Weird. I was watching The Network and one of the old school events where Demolition was wrestling the Orient Express and they came out with some generic garbage music. Maybe Rick Derringer started to want more money for the usage of his songs or something? Either way, Hogans theme song is something WWE should cough up the money for and pay.

Never heard of them replacing Real American before, although since it's a Blu-Ray movie release there's probably some goofy law about having to re-license it or something.

Demolition theme is definitely intact on the Network in places (WM6) so I wonder if that old school event was just produced around the time they were still overdubbing it (ie when that Wrestlemania DVD set came out) and they never went back to restore it later.

Edit: just watched it, yeah that's a pretty bad overdub. What's worse is they could have just used one of their other themes for the overdub to maintain a least a smidgen of continuity (post Ax era theme, or preferably their first theme, which was just a pre-Derringer version of their famous theme)

http://youtu.be/ivXDoLWp6WY

...although for that original theme, I wouldn't be surprised if it were one of those "some guy has the master recording rotting away in his basement" situations and it may not have been an option.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, Derringer probably owns the rights to both Demolition & Hogan's songs.   Which WWE is somehow getting around it on the WWE Network.  But they're probably refusing to pay for the rights on physical media releases(as Derringer would probably get a portion of the profits).

Although you'd think if they owned most of WCW's old music library.  They'd just put in his "American Made" theme instead of some generic crap and not pay for the rights to Real American.

BTW, IIRC, WWE even replaced Demoltion's post-Ax theme in DVD releases.  Since I'm pretty sure that they used that generic song in their entrance for the Wrestlemania 7 DVD.

I bet Dreamer would be having a shit eating grin right now if he saw pics of what the crowds looked like between the two shows.

HOH:
10306084_10202237777090527_44381441392742014_n.jpg

TNA

BpgBvctIIAAfstf.jpg
Bpfjz6zCQAAnmzT.jpg

I dont know what's sadder, the fact that they actually held an event at a minor league baseball stadium or that minor league stadiums dont really fit that many people yet they still couldnt sell out.
bad thing about TNA is they think they are the WWE in prices. TNA came here few years back and wanted more money for tickets then the WWE LIVE SHOW DID .

if the tickets was like 5 to 10 i would of went but 35 to 50 for middle range seats to an half ass company is insane

The thing with TNA is they run shows in these one horse towns and charge like $50 for 5th row seats or $30 for lower level.  That picture at that minor league stadium is in some place in MD I've never even heard of.

BTW, IIRC, WWE even replaced Demoltion's post-Ax theme in DVD releases. Since I'm pretty sure that they used that generic song in their entrance for the Wrestlemania 7 DVD.
I dont know about Wrestlemania 7 or what the theme they have there, but I know that there was a time after Demolition turned heel again that they started using some gloomy sounding music that was very similar to Steve Austins first WWE theme. I also remember Smash and Mask wrestling in black masks for a short period too.

I dont know about Wrestlemania 7 or what the theme they have there, but I know that there was a time after Demolition turned heel again that they started using some gloomy sounding music that was very similar to Steve Austins first WWE theme. I also remember Smash and Mask wrestling in black masks for a short period too.
Yeah, WM7 had the theme you're talking about. It was kind of odd because I remember a lot of the build up to the Tenryu match used photos of Demolition with the masks, then at match time they were in facepaint.

It was really frustrating how they didn't make a huge deal out of LoD vs Demolition. In my opinion it's second only to Flair and Hogan as far as pre-Attitude era feuds they completely fucked up.

They put masks on them and game them a "creepy" theme to distance them from the LoD gimmick (heavy metal and face paint), when they should have gone full blown back and forth feud that culminated at WM7. As much as I'm far more entertained by Demolition matches than LoD's stuff, I would have been fine if the feud ended with LoD beating them decisively at that point. Just made no sense to waste it in a bunch of meaningless 6 man matches at house shows with Demolition vs Warrior/LoD.

Yeah, that's the one I'm talking about. This one:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ3xjcBgd4w[/youtube]

That's the one I also remember(along with the Derringer one) getting replaced in the Wrestlemania Anthology DVD sets. Although I think Jim Johnston did that heel theme, so why replace that?

Kevin Steen has signed with WWE.

And Bryan might finally be stripped of his belts tonight. I'd mark it as a spoiler but I think everyone has seen it coming since Extreme Rules. 

Foreshadowing a new Shield member tonight.

*2hours later*

Lame! Just Cena trying to get another match with Bray it looks like.

I just saw the Kevin Steen news.  We'll see what happens.

I just watched this match and figured I'd share.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdsBa9_XzpY

What's with WWE killing people's first names? They cut Antonio out of Cesaro, They cut Alexander out of Rusev and they killed Big E's last name. It's getting really weird and I don't like it.

Also: I'd rather see JTG on television than Alberto Del Rio.

What's with WWE killing people's first names? They cut Antonio out of Cesaro, They cut Alexander out of Rusev and they killed Big E's last name. It's getting really weird and I don't like it.

Also: I'd rather see JTG on television than Alberto Del Rio.
Seeing as it's the pg era I assume wwe wants kids to remember the wrestlers names easier.

WWE has come to terms on the release of the following Superstars as of today, June 12, 2014:

• Theodore Long
  • Camacho
  • Brodus Clay
  • Evan Bourne
  • Yoshi Tatsu
WWE wishes them the best in all their future endeavors.
Saddened by the release of Teddy Long, but if there is a silver lining it is that JTG is still employed!

Add Jinder, Hawkins, and Aksana to the list.  3MB is dead.  I think JTG is hiding in a bathroom stall somewhere.  If they can't find me, they can't release me!

The Brodus thing sucks. That guy should have been awesome but they really fucked it up.

I don't get the 3MB guys getting canned. I don't really care but it seems like they had actually kind of carved out a spot for themselves, which is more than you can say for the majority of the other releases.

Least surprising is Bourne. How many years has he been sitting at home now?

Congrats JTG!

I bet Zach Ryder is hiding in the stall next to JTG.

3MB just starts getting over so they fire them? Odd. I guess if Jinder and Drew had a pair of tits like Heath has they would still have a job.

My theory on JTG is that he is in a similar boat to Funaki. Funaki stayed on payroll until HBK retired and said he only retired because Shawn was no longer there. It was probably a provision in Michaels' contract that kept Funaki around. So maybe JTG's employement is part of Cena's contract.

Scorch said on Twitter JTG was actually let go as well?
Not seeing it confirmed anywhere. Plus all the ones released so far have had their profiles removed on WWE.com. But JTG's profile is still on there. If he's released, it hasn't been announced or indicated yet.

Apparently some dude on the reddit boards is an "insider" and posted about JTG, so take that for what it's worth. Doesn't really make sense to release all the names except his...

Judging from this tweet today, Mark Henry might be a huge asshole:

@TheMarkHenry: Here we stand 18 years in August. Still here!!!

And Curt Hawkins isn't a fan:

@TheCurtHawkins: Your colleagues lose their jobs & you tweet that? You're an idiot Mark.

On the News page? I don't see it yet.

*edit*

Ok you gotta click the link on the front page. What a shame!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ2ll22-Nrg&

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back