Ultimate Warrior memorial wrestling thread 1959-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
uxY6XJ2.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I would talk to him about his limericks and his anti smoking campaign... and Macho Man my childhood hero. RIP Mach

Man, sucks for Barrett. Have a bad feeling they are going to slap the "injury prone" label on him and get rid of any push he has going on once he's healed up.

New match for Money in the Bank (sort of) announced at Main Event last night:

Rybaxel challenged Goldust and Star Dust to a match at Money in the Bank.

If he's stuck in a cave and able to post it to youtube, then he should be able to call 911.
If that is fake, I hope he gets arrested for it. I wonder how many phone calls the police station near where he says he is got over this.

If it is real, I hope he gets out alright.

Guess TNA is learning that they'll get more money overseas.  As they have press conference today to announce that this year's Bound for Glory PPV will be in Tokyo, Japan. 

I guess that's assuming that they last that long if there's no tv deal.

With the crowds they get in the UK, I always thought they should go there. I dunno if the talent would want to move there or not, nor do I know if the only reason they get those crowds is because its a special event for them and not a weekly thing. Still beats 150 people in a baseball stadium here...

Josh Matthews gone? Well that sucks. Dude was awesome on Velocity (yes, I watched Velocity). I'm pretty sure he's the only WWE announcer to swear during a match (Paul London took a sick drop on his head, Josh said Holy Shit!). Here's a top ten of Velocity matches with a lot of him being great Link! And the first John Cena vs Daniel Bryan match!

Now we'll never get the Velocity Season 1 DVD Boxset Josh and Bill DeMott were always talking about :cry:

If TNA moves to the UK that means more Doug Williams, I am fine with that.

TNA has signed two more WWE castoffs and they debuted at the NYC taping:
Snitsky and Ezekiel Jackson
That's strange considering they already have Knux and Lashley who might as well be the same 2 guys just a bit better. Though I could be wrong and maybe Zeke will get better over time....still he's been out of the ring with injuries for multiple years at this point.

I have my doubts most of these guys still work there after these tapings.

Wonder if TNA will edit out the audio of their NYC tapings?  Because during one match last night
MVP & Kenny King vs. Roode & Eric Young
a Chris Benoit chant broke out.

For some reason it looks like people are more interested in Torborg than Lanny or Larry. Current bids:
Torborg - $810
Poffo - $40 (1 bid)
Zbyszko - $40 (0 bids)
If I could swing it, I'd bowl with Zbyszko and ask him about his time on "Last Call on Scott Hall" and his smash hit single, "Boo on Me"

I bet there's a lot of people who would like to talk baseball with Torborg since he's been a conditioning coach for a couple of World Series championship teams.

The last round of Impact/Destination X tapings sound good though still funny how many of the guys used don't actually work for the company or didn't until this week.

Impact thoughts -

Nearly everything about this show was dreadful and there was way too much stuff on it that made no sense. It was also devoid of just about anything good beyond the X Title match and the little Storm-Sanada deal. There was way too much Dixie on this show. Way too much Bully, and I think the Dreamer-EC3 brawl lasted longer than all of the matches. That goofy bullshit of course led to the Monster's Ball, which despite all the theoretical violence, came off like a parody of a hardcore match. Angle's "It's about time this company got their heads out of their asses. TNA has made a lot of mistakes in the past - there's no doubt about that!" was so great. EY's magical arm injury amused me, as did Angle calling Roode "THIS GUY". Still, this was all terrible TV and it felt like a complete waste of time.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/06/tna-impact-6-26-14.html

Screens -

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/q1cys6276083khdtd8leqvjlwxn8wptn

In a skit that they likely can't air on TNA TV due to the ban on man-on-woman violence on the network, so they'll use it to drive traffic to the site unless Spike makes an exception for this since they basically shot the angle in NYC to impress Spike execs at the show.

The last round of Impact/Destination X tapings sound good though still funny how many of the guys used don't actually work for the company or didn't until this week.
Yeah, reading the spoilers just gives a wtf vibe. Bringing in guys for one set of tapings in hopes that it helps them get a tv deal. Hopefully SpikeTV doesn't fall for it and says more needs to be done until their tv deal is renewed.

Also someone caught something weird. The same day that TNA will have the Bound for Glory PPV in Japan, New Japan Pro Wrestling will have a iPPV in the same arena that night. So either the arena personal double booked that day or TNA will be taping their PPV earlier in the afternoon. So we would know the taping results the morning of PPV event, which would really kill whatever PPV buy rates they would have.

Do you just like to post random nonsense so you can read your own shit or what?
Man. Your anger meter is all filled up. Just use a super and empty it.

The Vince character is never coming back again. It is Stephanie and HHH from here on in.

But I guess you're stupid enough to think that mentioning that someone who has been on television as a principle character for the past 13 years has now been retired is random nonsense then maybe should stop posting here.

Don't you see how you disrupt the thread man? I'm not going to throw you on ignore but I've had enough of your insane rage that I'm done responding to you. You're not worth anymore of my time.

Man. Your anger meter is all filled up. Just use a super and empty it.

The Vince character is never coming back again. It is Stephanie and HHH from here on in.

But I guess you're stupid enough to think that mentioning that someone who has been on television as a principle character for the past 13 years has now been retired is random nonsense then maybe should stop posting here.

Don't you see how you disrupt the thread man? I'm not going to throw you on ignore but I've had enough of your insane rage that I'm done responding to you. You're not worth anymore of my time.
Your parents didn't hug you as a kid, did they?

...or did they hug you too much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back