Ultimate Warrior memorial wrestling thread 1959-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
From wrasslormonkey, I marked the f out when that happened

yqhjwSb.gif

Bully Ray gave his notice that tonight was his last night with TNA as his contract was up and they could not come to terms on a new one.  This, after pwinsider reported earlier today that he and that Big John guy told the locker room that TV deals were being worked on during the NYC tapings.  

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems like they haven't got all of their new logo equipment yet either. The Intercontinental Championship had the old logo tonight, the corners still have the old logo, the announcers table during the pre-show and I think the Divas Champion still had the old logo as well.

NXT has all their belts and logos updated, so it's kinda weird.

It seems like they haven't got all of their new logo equipment yet either. The Intercontinental Championship had the old logo tonight, the corners still have the old logo, the announcers table during the pre-show and I think the Divas Champion still had the old logo as well.

NXT has all their belts and logos updated, so it's kinda weird.
I'm guessing cause NXT is taped weeks head in advance.

My friends are lucky bastards. They went to the Hulk Hogan panel last night. Bought tickets off Stubhub, assuming they were standard $50 tickets. They arrived and found out they were VIP. 37 fucking dollars! They got to meet and take pics with Hulk Hogan.

We are going to the Stone Cold panel tomorrow before SummerSlam. No VIP.
I wouldn't go to a Hulk Hogan panel even for free. Just against my nature being a Bret Hart guy and all plus reading the Warrior's widow's comments see things haven't changed.

Glad you're friends had a cool time though. Would love to be at the Austin panel.

Nobody ever said they were getting rid of Bo's gimmick, just that they were cooling off on him. Probably won't get as much TV time in the future.
Can they give him a finisher that isn't just a damn bulldog? 2nd biggest reason I dislike him, with the first being he's no Kurt Angle and Angle did this way better.

sigh it wont be long until "LOL Roman wins" starts becoming a thing. This shit is getting ridiculous at this point. Orton carrying that match entire time then jobs to a running hug but yet Reigns can kick out of a rko i cant stand when matches are booked that way.

I really want to reach through the TV and slap that little kid yelling "Let's Go Cena." It's quite annoying. That voice is a bit much.

Lesnar looking as gassed as ryback and sheamus lol.

Mediocre ppv, hard to be excited about the Lesnar win when you know its leading up to the rematch clause comboed into LOL Cena wins/tied with Flair finisher.

Cena got his ass kicked.

I figured he would have won at the last minute, then Rollins would cash in.

There appeared to be just enough time left for that...

Wasn't expecting Cena to get squashed.  It's for the best I guess.  50% Brock Lesnar v. Cena was a great match.  100% Lesnar v. Cena was a total decimation.

A VERY GOOD Summerslam.  The worst match of the night was Bray-Jericho.  Steph-Brie was very good as well, as it had a lot of time to breathe.  The best Divas match in a while.  I hope future Divas matches get more time.

Lesnar looking as gassed as ryback and sheamus lol.

Mediocre ppv, hard to be excited about the Lesnar win when you know its leading up to the rematch clause comboed into LOL Cena wins/tied with Flair finisher.
I thought every match delivered. Nothing sucked, unless you didn't like who won.

Wasn't expecting Cena to get squashed. It's for the best I guess. 50% Brock Lesnar v. Cena was a great match. 100% Lesnar v. Cena was a total decimation.

A VERY GOOD Summerslam. The worst match of the night was Bray-Jericho. Steph-Brie was very good as well, as it had a lot of time to breathe. The best Divas match in a while. I hope future Divas matches get more time.
If by best Divas match in awhile, you mean since the 2nd match on the card, then I might be with you, referring to Steph and Brie. Paige and AJ had their best match yet.

I was quite impressed by Stephanie. I did not expect a 37 year old mother of three who hasn't had a match in 10 years to deliver. Heck, she out-shinned most of her current Divas. The only disappointing thing about the match to me was that Brie didn't try to do a running knee or headbutt.

Still, as a whole SummerSlam was much better than I expected, but then again I was kind of expecting it to suck.

I enjoyed the PPV for the most part as well. So awesome that Ziggler and Lesnar won their matches/belts. Mainly Ziggler. I just like Lesnar's win because it was Cena's loss.

I was quite impressed by Stephanie. I did not expect a 37 year old mother of three who hasn't had a match in 10 years to deliver. Heck, she out-shinned most of her current Divas. The only disappointing thing about the match to me was that Brie didn't try to do a running knee or headbutt.

Still, as a whole SummerSlam was much better than I expected, but then again I was kind of expecting it to suck.
They had been working hard on that match for months, apparently. It also had a lot of time, which gave it a lot of time to breathe.

Loved how much Flair and Booker plugged Ronda Rousey being backstage. Rest of the pre-show was nothing, beyond RVD surprisingly winning over Cesaro. Hogan's network plug was annoying. Miz's jedi outfit was in-fucking-credible! Paige-AJ was good, but a bit too short. Glad to see Paige with the title back. Swagger FINALLY gets an epic entrance and like at WM last year, loses the big one when he's got some momentum. The match itself was aided by each guy being injured, and gave Rusev a real chance to shine. I didn't quite like the passout finish, but loved the final visual of the evil Russians standing over the fallen Americans. Lumberjack match was crazy, and really good. I love Seth winning with the flying case shot from No Mercy. Bray-Jericho was technically fine, but not exciting. Right guy won though. Brie-Steph was okay. Steph's outfit was amazing. Nikki's turn sucked. Mama's Boy video was stupid, but at least had some amusing visuals. Roman-Orton was "shet for one fall". The match started off really rough, stayed that way for a while, and then got great in the final third. Loved the powerslam out of the spear, the RKO out of the mid-air lariat, and the punt tease leading to a spear for the win. Brock-Cena was in-fucking-credible. Holy shit was that ever great. It was like the best of their first match, but with German suplexes instead of stiff elbows and the result it should've had.

Screens -

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/by3y53ephac0xgbtoxziock570xpv8g7

Loved everything about that main event. Brock doing the sit up was what sealed it.

That's how you book the guy that beat Undertaker. Only problem now is there is no way they have anyone on the roster that can live up to being the guy that beats Lesnar. Bryan's closest since it would be the best story possible, but his return is hardly a given at this point.

Loved everything about that main event. Brock doing the sit up was what sealed it.

That's how you book the guy that beat Undertaker. Only problem now is there is no way they have anyone on the roster that can live up to being the guy that beats Lesnar. Bryan's closest since it would be the best story possible, but his return is hardly a given at this point.
Exactly, where do they go from here? A rematch with the Undertaker? Rematch with Cena? I have a funny feeling it's going to be a three way match or elimination chamber match to get the belt off of Lesner. Something where Lesner doesn't have to get pinned to lose.

Exactly, where do they go from here? A rematch with the Undertaker? Rematch with Cena? I have a funny feeling it's going to be a three way match or elimination chamber match to get the belt off of Lesner. Something where Lesner doesn't have to get pinned to lose.
Someone could drop a piano on him and then Rollins could cash in.

From wrasslormonkey, I marked the f out when that happened

yqhjwSb.gif
I hope he sends Nigel a royalty check.

Bully Ray gave his notice that tonight was his last night with TNA as his contract was up and they could not come to terms on a new one. This, after pwinsider reported earlier today that he and that Big John guy told the locker room that TV deals were being worked on during the NYC tapings.
So much for their Hall of Fame this year. The exodus continues...

Enjoyable Summerslam, which is something I haven't said in awhile. Ambrose and Rollins without a doubt had match of the night for me and probably my favorite lumberjack match (or lack thereof) that I've seen. Though man, Brock beating down Cena early on and throughout made my friends worried that Super Cena was going to happen and IT NEVER DID. It felt like a reward from that kid constantly yelling "Let's go Cena!".

I'm normally not a fan of them editing shows, but I hope they go in and cut that kid out.
But then you wouldn't get the payoff of them showing that kid looking distraught after the match.

The longer the main event went, the more I thought they were going to have Cena win because that's classic Cena. As is, it put John Cena in his place I think. It was like a reward to all the people that have hated him over the years.

Loved Summerslam. Loved Cena getting destroyed. Not only the fact that he got destroyed, but to the extent that he got destroyed. The guy they've spent a decade building up just got completely squashed. It was beautiful.

I agree with xilly - having Lesnar as the champ and only showing up at PPV's gives the belt legitimacy, which is something it hasn't had for a while. The IC title will also have meaning again. I have no idea what will happen next, and I love it.

I'm normally not a fan of them editing shows, but I hope they go in and cut that kid out.
that was the king chanting that :)

dont see why people are saying summerslam was great. I though it was one of the biggest pieces of crap. Yea some of the matches were good but the cena match was just plan stupid. Last night showed that brock is out of shape and can not wrestle. The dude did very few moves and was sweating like a pig, hell if he ran around i would ot be shocked to see him have a heart attack. I wonder if he even passed a health screening to get in the ring. It would not shock me to see him have to give them belt up for health reasons (heart problems)

Last night was also the worse i ever had it on the network, anyone else have major problems from Blurred , to just stopping to looping back. I doubt i renew its just the same crap over and over and over.

I loved Summerslam, I thought the Cena/Lesnar match was great, they booked Lesnar perfectly. Personally I would love to see Lesnar dominate completely until (if he even does) Bryan comes back to kind of re-tell the the Lesnar/Eddie match where the little guy overcame the monster.

that was the king chanting that :)

dont see why people are saying summerslam was great. I though it was one of the biggest pieces of crap. Yea some of the matches were good but the cena match was just plan stupid. Last night showed that brock is out of shape and can not wrestle. The dude did very few moves and was sweating like a pig, hell if he ran around i would ot be shocked to see him have a heart attack. I wonder if he even passed a health screening to get in the ring. It would not shock me to see him have to give them belt up for health reasons (heart problems)

Last night was also the worse i ever had it on the network, anyone else have major problems from Blurred , to just stopping to looping back. I doubt i renew its just the same crap over and over and over.
You'll renew but continue to complain just like the rest of us.

Brock had diverticulitis. I'm surprised that he's still able to get in the ring. I don't think he has cardiovascular issues, nor do I think he'll relinquish the title for any reason. The match did its purpose - it built up Brock as an ever-present monster, and it has a lot of people wondering who's going to defeat him. It's a fun and exciting time to be a fan.

I never thought I'd agree with slidecage... But man Lesnar looked horrible. He did nothing and his face was beat red, reminded me of the Warrior on Raw. I don't think I've ever seen a wrestler sweat so much even when they had the hot lights on them back in the day. There was a huge sweat puddle in the middle of the ring from him. I wouldn't be shocked if I came on Herr tomorrow and found out he had a heart attack. Very scary to see him like that.

Also, diverticulitis wasnt Brocks main problem. His problem was he was in Canada when it happened so he had to deal with their incompetent "free health care" doctors who almost killed him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back