Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception coming 2011

Since Amazon put $.99 release day shipping on this I pre-ordered it from there. Hopefully they put a last minute $20 promo credit offer on this, which I'll then combine with my $20 from LOTR: WITN n get Saint's Row The Third for around $20 in credit.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Since Amazon put $.99 release day shipping on this I pre-ordered it from there. Hopefully they put a last minute $20 promo credit offer on this, which I'll then combine with my $20 from LOTR: WITN n get Saint's Row The Third for around $20 in credit.;)[/QUOTE]

If Amazon had a credit with it I would have ordered it from them. I ended up pre-ordering it from Newegg when it popped up for 47.99 but now there is that Target buy 2 get 1 free sale starting Sunday so I don't know if I should just keep my newegg order or get 2 other games with it at Target.

Just received Uncharted Trilogy Collection (Spanish) Steelbook.

adgf29.jpg

e6w07m.jpg

I really wanted to hold out and wait, but I broke down and preordered the collectors edition and bought the fortune hunter pass.

On top of that I already bought El Shaddai, Yakuza 4 and Team Ico/Shadow Collection. Why do I keep doing this :(

[quote name='Lost_In_Shadows']If Amazon had a credit with it I would have ordered it from them. I ended up pre-ordering it from Newegg when it popped up for 47.99 but now there is that Target buy 2 get 1 free sale starting Sunday so I don't know if I should just keep my newegg order or get 2 other games with it at Target.[/QUOTE]
Believe me, if I didn't have a bunch of Amazon credit I wouldn't be bothering with ANY of these titles and just wait for the inevitable GOTY/complete editions some of them will get.

But I have a feeling that similar to the last minute addition of a $20 promo credit for pre-ordering BF3, Amazon may do a $20 promo cred for this game too.:pray:

Of course, if they match Kmart's price of $40 on Dark Souls next week, I may just use the cred from LOTR and my remaining $20 in cred on that. At least then I'll finally have a copy of the game to go with the 2 copies of the guide I picked up.;)

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Just received Uncharted Trilogy Collection (Spanish) Steelbook.

[/QUOTE]

What's special about that version, outside of the steelbook and (I'm assuming) it including all 3 games?

Currently I'm 6 1/2 hours into the game at 56% (got my copy early from AMC event). So far I feel (this is coming from a massive U1 and U2 fan).

+Platforming couldn't be better....been really precise.
+Combat is greatly improved where you get to do more.
+Locations have looked great too.
+I feel multi-player was better, but that's only based on Subway (not full game)

-Pacing just isn't as good as U1/U2. U1/U2, I didn't want to stop playing, where U3 I sort of want to break after a period of time a bit too much. Maybe R3 just did a better job hooking me in.
-I haven't experienced much cool variety in the gameplay yet, but might come later.
-While some may prefer the harder puzzles, I definitely don't because the journal can be pretty worthless on helping you out on some (especially a certain one in Chapter 11).
-Game definitely has some hiccups, such as glitches, wonky camera in some tight situations, and some areas seem to not have that great of graphics.

I'm pretty neutral on the story and soundtrack. The story seems good so far, but not extremely strong. Soundtrack mostly seems what I heard before TBH.

I expect the game to get even better, but right now I find the game great, but definitely not one of the top 5 games I played all generation currently (I rank U2 and possibly U1 that high).

And please, definitely buy the game on release if you want it. Definitely worth it to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='hetz15']still undecided between U3 CE or MGS Collection CE :???:[/QUOTE]

get the new zelda coming out thats what im doing. by sometime next year they will release a goty edition with everything for like 40 or 50 bucks.

[quote name='david12795']so many games coming out this season. UC3 and skyward are my first choices.[/QUOTE]

SkyrimSword 3 is my personal first choice.

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Got my copy FedEx'ed from AMC/Sony event this past Thursday, and I just got the platinum in Uncharted 3 tonight. :D[/QUOTE]
Wow, four days? Hmm, maybe I will dive into it before Skyrim. Gonna be hard with BF3 calling me though. . .

So, anyone going to a midnight release? I'm going with a buddy then we'll come home and blast through the campaign.

I'd really rather get it somewhere other than Gamestop, but I already have the majority of it paid off so I'd rather not deal with canceling it and having credit on my card.

[quote name='8bitArtist']freaky, any particularly hard parts on crushing?[/QUOTE]

Without spoiling it, there are at least a couple really hard sections. I think I've died like 10-20 times in playing each those sections. >.>

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Without spoiling it, there are at least a couple really hard sections. I think I've died like 20 times in each playing those sections. >.>[/QUOTE]

on par with the blue room from the 1st on? that was probably the worst part of the 1st 2 games on crushing. so annoying.

[quote name='8bitArtist']on par with the blue room from the 1st on? that was probably the worst part of the 1st 2 games on crushing. so annoying.[/QUOTE]

You could say that. I find the A.I. to be a bit smarter in U3, plus melee works differently too, so that makes things more complicated as well. ;)

From reading what a few other people have posted on other forums, Crushing is still challenging, but it's the easiest of the three UC games. Also, the blue room wasn't hard, it was fucking cheap.

Can't decide if I should buy or rent. With Kmart coupons I could get it for $40 and get another $20 coupon, but I know I won't play the multiplayer and probably won't go through the campaign more than once...

[quote name='n4styn4t3']Can't decide if I should buy or rent. With Kmart coupons I could get it for $40 and get another $20 coupon, but I know I won't play the multiplayer and probably won't go through the campaign more than once...[/QUOTE]Just buy, Naughty Dog needs the support for their high quality games. Renting only shows people don't appreciate quality single player games and we get left with more and more of the same multi-player shooters like CoD.

so those of you who were able to get an early copy...how is the game? hopefully it surpassed UC2

(as if UC2 wasnt already good enough)

[quote name='Tsel']So, anyone going to a midnight release? I'm going with a buddy then we'll come home and blast through the campaign. [/QUOTE]I plan on picking it up at Wal-Mart at midnight... Its not the most solid of plans, Wal-Mart has the habit of dropping the ball, but with it being one of the major titles this year it should be okay...

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']I plan on picking it up at Wal-Mart at midnight... Its not the most solid of plans, Wal-Mart has the habit of dropping the ball, but with it being one of the major titles this year it should be okay...[/QUOTE]

I would expect Wal-Mart to have it tonight. When I was in there this past Thursday, they had little signs on around the video game area advertising Uncharted 3 being available at 12:01 AM.

[quote name='Tsel']I would expect Wal-Mart to have it tonight. When I was in there this past Thursday, they had little signs on around the video game area advertising Uncharted 3 being available at 12:01 AM.[/QUOTE]

Cool, I hadn't seen any signs the last time I was in a Wal-Mart so that's good to know. :)

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Just buy, Naughty Dog needs the support for their high quality games. Renting only shows people don't appreciate quality single player games and we get left with more and more of the same multi-player shooters like CoD.[/QUOTE]
Mine is already shipped from Amazon and should be here tomorrow sometime($.99 release day shipping w/o having Prime FTW).

Then my $40 Lord Of The Rings: War In The North w/ $20 promo code is due next week sometime probably. Got a $20 promo code w/ that, which I'll likely use on Saint's Row 3.:)

For those who already have the game, are the CPU bullet spounges again? U2 improved on that but U1 was really really bad with it.

[quote name='david12795']so those of you who were able to get an early copy...how is the game? hopefully it surpassed UC2

(as if UC2 wasnt already good enough)[/QUOTE]

I really like U3. :D
Sorry, I'm trying not to spoil it. I would say it's at least as good as U2. Whether it's better than U2 is up to you when you finish playing it. I personally loved it. :)

[quote name='Josh5890']For those who already have the game, are the CPU bullet spounges again? U2 improved on that but U1 was really really bad with it.[/QUOTE]

I'll just say that some of the enemies are, and that's by design. You'll see what I mean whenever you start playing it. ;)

Just got back from the pitiful midnight launch at my Gamestop. A whopping 20 people showed up, while 250+ will show up for Modern Warfare 3.

If sleep doesn't catch up to me, I plan on blasting through this campaign all through the night.

Oh my goodness, Chapter 2 and 3 are so awesome @_@. Making me love Drake and Sully even more

And the AI seems REALLY realistic this time around, 2-3 pistol body shots drops them. Also the fist fighting is amazing, so many ways to interact/fight people.

I wanted to go to the midnight release but I did not know if there would be a lot of people there. I didn't want to deal with it. I will be picking up my preorder tomorrow, and be unavailable to the world for several hours :)

My PS3's fan-noise gets really loud sometimes while playing... anybody else experiencing this? I'm using a 60GB fat model in case you're wondering. I know Uncharted 2 had some issues with the old units, but I played that one w/o any problems or whatsoever. Just wondering if this is "normal".

My 60 gb launch PS3 froze last night as I started chapter 10. I turned it off and went to bed...I'm afraid to turn it back on this evening...if my data is erased I'll be pissed...the good thing is that my save file up to chapter 7 was uploaded last night.

Anyone else noticed odd AI issues? In chapter 4 or 5 had an (trying to avoid spoilers here) AI partner and an AI baddie basically standing next to each other firing. They then went around each other and back to cover.

It's nothing major, probably just an issue with firefight in a smallish passageway.

Oh, and did not expect chapters 2 and 3. Glad they weren't spoiled for me. Awesome.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Oh my goodness, Chapter 2 and 3 are so awesome @_@. Making me love Drake and Sully even more

And the AI seems REALLY realistic this time around, 2-3 pistol body shots drops them. Also the fist fighting is amazing, so many ways to interact/fight people.[/QUOTE]

Just finished chapter 3..couldn't agree more. I have to admit, at first, I was a little hesitant about playing a
flashback scene to Nate's childhood
. But it was so well done and such a good
introduction for these two main characters
that I could not help but be stunned.

[quote name='freakyzeeky']I really like U3. :D
Sorry, I'm trying not to spoil it. I would say it's at least as good as U2. Whether it's better than U2 is up to you when you finish playing it. I personally loved it. :)

[/QUOTE]

UC2 was way better than UC1 (though it was still good). im hoping it gets better

I NEED TO GET THIS GAME!

My PS3 is being fixed right now and the guy said it should be done today; for now I have to just sit and stare at the glorious cover art until my phone rings. This is horrible.

[quote name='Jodou']And here I am wondering if I should even start it before Skyrim since I'm still madly in love with BF3.[/QUOTE]

Definitely should. :D

bread's done
Back