Uncharted 3 Find the Ring Facebook Promotion [AMAZON GCs EMAILED OUT]

[quote name='Wario64']
TZ5TA.jpg

France[/QUOTE]

thanks to you and io for that one!! Thanks a lot Wario64 for making these diagrams, I'm typing a final paper while doing these, or else I'd be trying to help out! ha -- greatly, greatly appreciated!!!

[quote name='lokizz']whats the easiest ce of u3 to find and where is it?[/QUOTE]

All of the CE's are claimed already. Considering there were only 75 total I'm surprised they lasted as long as they did.

I think I have all the GCs and dlc, so I'm not sure what I'm missing.
I have a prize in Syria and France I haven't found and several rooms as well.

Wooohoo I found a standard Uncharted in Syria by that stadium, soccer field? Doesn't hurt to have another Uncharted lol

[quote name='Wario64']

[quote name='io']OK, I canz contribute now. KE Booster:
[/QUOTE]
TZ5TA.jpg

France[/QUOTE]

How to find the France: Kickback Endurance Booster

1. Zoom all the way out and spot the river on the middle of the left side of the map. (The river goes NE, then goes E, then gradually turns SE.)
2. Where the river begins to turn SE, you will see a huge white and green plaza/park/something
3. Zoom in about halfway so that your view is centered on this large plaza/park/something; directly above it, you will see 3 buildings arranged in something like an upside-down triangle.
4. These 3 buildings and the plaza are located on the left side of Wario64's picture above.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mystery Weapon 1 is 58 left (arrow on keyboard clicks) and 90 up is starting from the bottom right corner on full zoom. You should see an upside down "T" of white houses or something. I tried to post a pic but it kept telling me the size was to big

[quote name='Captain Urahara']All of the CE's are claimed already. Considering there were only 75 total I'm surprised they lasted as long as they did.[/QUOTE]

damn would have been cool to snag one but i got a reg edition so im not too sad. why the hell did nd do this contest instead of that crappy subway one?

[quote name='lokizz']damn would have been cool to snag one but i got a reg edition so im not too sad. why the hell did nd do this contest instead of that crappy subway one?[/QUOTE]

Subway was okay... needed fire drills (just saying)
Grab the ring was AWFUL (horrible idea)
This one isn't much better, but its easy to win so... WIN!

[quote name='diplo']Wooohoo I found a standard Uncharted in Syria by that stadium, soccer field? Doesn't hurt to have another Uncharted lol[/QUOTE]

Heh - just found that too. But I already had it from another location so it said I already claimed it. But yeah, that one is super easy to find.

Here's the location for Mystery Weapon 1, not a hidden room:

[quote name='Gamer44']Mystery Weapon 1 is 58 left (arrow on keyboard clicks) and 90 up is starting from the bottom right corner on full zoom. You should see an upside down "T" of white houses or something. I tried to post a pic but it kept telling me the size was to big[/QUOTE]

thx, its east of the soccer stadium near white buildings

[quote name='lokizz']damn would have been cool to snag one but i got a reg edition so im not too sad. why the hell did nd do this contest instead of that crappy subway one?[/QUOTE]
Truthfully the Subway contest had wwwwwwaaaaaayyyyyyy more promotion.
- Naughty Dog talked about it at E3.
- Subway had posters, boards, etc. about it.
- Commercials advertising it.
- Everyone talked about it, mostly to laugh about it.

Now how much promotion did this have? Practically zero. I never even heard about it till I saw this thread.

Subway contest: Lots of promotion
Grab the ring contest: Very little, if any promotion. Plus the contest was awful.
Find the ring contest: No promotion

Taking a break to sleep.

I'll resume at work tomorrow to finish up the DLC. Didn't get any CEs, but I got the game, so that's cool.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']Truthfully the Subway contest had wwwwwwaaaaaayyyyyyy more promotion.
- Naughty Dog talked about it at E3.
- Subway had posters, boards, etc. about it.
- Commercials advertising it.
- Everyone talked about it, mostly to laugh about it.

Now how much promotion did this have? Practically zero. I never even heard about it till I saw this thread.

Subway contest: Lots of promotion
Grab the ring contest: Very little, if any promotion. Plus the contest was awful.
Find the ring contest: No promotion[/QUOTE]

true but i like this one better because i actually won something lol. btw op thanks for making this post wouldnt have one anything without you.

[quote name='Gamer44']Mystery Weapon 1 is 58 left (arrow on keyboard clicks) and 90 up is starting from the bottom right corner on full zoom. You should see an upside down "T" of white houses or something. I tried to post a pic but it kept telling me the size was to big[/QUOTE]

Thanks a bunch for this! Would have taken me at least 70 more "up arrow" keyboard taps since I was starting from the bottom right corner too! I think I'm done for the night, but hopefully the (physical) game prizes and Amazon GC's are legit!

[quote name='lokizz']true but i like this one better because i actually won something lol. btw op thanks for making this post wouldnt have one anything without you.[/QUOTE]
Oh hands down this contest was the best!

Been doing this for 3 hours, and my hands are freezing lol. Stuck on France and very frustrated... Think I got all the France ones from the pictures listed on here. Browsed through 24 pages on cag.

Rooms found : 11/16
Prizes found : 3/7 (KE Booster, $3 amazon, CE uncharted game)
Key : 1/1

Anybody got any advice for the 5 missing rooms I'm missing ? I swear they're all invisible and don't show up unless you put your mouse over it precisely ? I scanned the whole map 2x, and moused over almost everything constantly. (probably the spots i missed are where they are). I could move on to Syria, but I wanna try to complete France first

Yeah, this sure beats slaving away at the Subway contest and winning absolutely nothing but a $5 subway gift card I'm not even sure I got.

I've spent the last several hours staring at the game, so please forgive me for not wanting to read the tiny little "Instructions" and "Contest Rules" screens:

Is finding EVERY SINGLE room in each map a requirement for claiming the Amazon GCs and the actual Uncharted 3 game copies? If not, I'm going to just forget about this until they start sending out those prizes… Thanks!

EDIT: to clarify what I mean: I think it's been confirmed by other CAGs that the CE games have all been claimed, and possibly one or more of the Amazon GCs (there are 6 total; 1 on England, 1 on Columbia, 2 on France, and 2 on Syria). If you've already managed to find what you've been looking for, is there a point to 100%ing the game (beyond collecting all of the clues so "improve" you odds in getting the $10,000 grand prize)?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, i got to level 4 (Syria) and managed to snag a Standard Uncharted 3, on Level 3 i found a room that said all the rpizes have been claimed so i assume getting a game on level 4 is legit? lol Hope so, havent bought it yet, be cool to get a free copy.

[quote name='otakuseth']Well, i got to level 4 (Syria) and managed to snag a Standard Uncharted 3, on Level 3 i found a room that said all the rpizes have been claimed so i assume getting a game on level 4 is legit? lol Hope so, havent bought it yet, be cool to get a free copy.[/QUOTE]

Most likely...

--

@ ragingst0rm6

According to the rules... no you don't, but the contest rules make little sense. Like the game makes mention that there are only 9 DLC prizes, though the prize listing says many things.

Like theres a shirt A, B, C, but if it's 9... then theres just 1.
There are no hats, emblems, or pants.
Theres 4 weapon skins, ND rifle/pistol, Mystery Weapon 1/6
There is no boasts (I assume this to be taunts)
Something called a KB skin, but this would not actually be in the game either.

So the prizes would be...

1. Cinema shirt
  2. Naughty Dog Rifle
  3. Naughty Dog Pistol
  4. Mystery Weapon 1 (Pax Rifle)
  5. Mystery Weapon 6 (SDCC Pistol)
  6. Kick Back Endurance (Kickbacks arnt listed... unless its the weird skin thing, but that would make no sense)
  7. Multiplayer Cash
  8. Clip Size Gmal (Another thing not listed)
  9. Treasure Hunter Starter Pack (Again not listed)
If you're having deja vu... it's because it's 1:1 with grab the ring.

Though I never got the cash code either... same goes with my game/CE game/Amazon cash... Additionally the way it sounds, Yemen is simply finding the ring with no compass. Either or it's definitely weird.

[quote name='admiralvic']Most likely...

--

@ ragingst0rm6

According to the rules... no you don't, but the contest rules make little sense. Like the game makes mention that there are only 9 DLC prizes, though the prize listing says many things.

Like theres a shirt A, B, C, but if it's 9... then theres just 1.
There are no hats, emblems, or pants.
Theres 4 weapon skins, ND rifle/pistol, Mystery Weapon 1/6
There is no boasts (I assume this to be taunts)
Something called a KB skin, but this would not actually be in the game either.

So the prizes would be...

1. Cinema shirt
  2. Naughty Dog Rifle
  3. Naughty Dog Pistol
  4. Mystery Weapon 1 (Pax Rifle)
  5. Mystery Weapon 6 (SDCC Pistol)
  6. Kick Back Endurance (Kickbacks arnt listed... unless its the weird skin thing, but that would make no sense)
  7. Multiplayer Cash
  8. Clip Size Gmal (Another thing not listed)
  9. Treasure Hunter Starter Pack (Again not listed)
If you're having deja vu... it's because it's 1:1 with grab the ring.

Though I never got the cash code either... same goes with my game/CE game/Amazon cash... Additionally the way it sounds, Yemen is simply finding the ring with no compass. Either or it's definitely weird.[/QUOTE]

missing t shirt you get in england

[quote name='admiralvic']Additionally the way it sounds, Yemen is simply finding the ring with no compass. Either or it's definitely weird.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I remember reading in the FAQ that once the ring is found "the game ends", which gives me the impression that Yemen is just for finding it and once it's found, all maps close and the promo ends.

[quote name='ShogunNage']missing t shirt you get in england[/QUOTE]

What do you call the first listed item... IE Cinema shirt. If you had bothered to redeem it "UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception™ Cinema Event Torso Item (Product Voucher)". This was the code they gave out at the AMC events and was part of the last promo like EVERYTHING else.

[quote name='admiralvic']What do you call the first listed item... IE Cinema shirt. If you had bothered to redeem it "UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception™ Cinema Event Torso Item (Product Voucher)". This was the code they gave out at the AMC events and was part of the last promo like EVERYTHING else.[/QUOTE]

my bad its late and didnt see the first one

So it took me about three hours to find everything. I made a macro to spare my trackpad from all the punishment of scrolling through all of them. ;)

And I made a guide giving the general locations and descriptions for just the UC3 copies and gift cards. It seems there's already a comprehensive collection of images here, so I won't bother to post it. If you really want it, you'll have to "hunt" in my profile and find it on my Twitter account. ;) There are still a bunch of UC3 SE and $3 gift cards up in Syria.

Well aside from people cheating lol. I won myself a standard copy just now in Syria. I am a happy camper n____n (Me and my Brother fist bumped lol) Thanks TC I wouldn't have gotten the game for free if it weren't for you! Zehahahahahahhahaha

[quote name='Blade']There are still a bunch of UC3 SE and $3 gift cards up in Syria.[/QUOTE]

I never got the CE after playing for 2+ hours. I'd appreciate knowing where this is if there really are any left!

Though I have a question about the prize listings. I just restarted and it shows the CE for me on Colombia and the regular on England. I'm pretty sure I got the regular legit on England but I remember the CE being "all out' every time I found it. But here's the thing - I found it on other levels and it showed those prizes on the other levels. It isn't doing that any more. So what I'm wondering is if I really did get in on the CE on Colombia and that's what it is saved there.

Does someone who knows they missed out on the CE see it in their list anyway?

[quote name='io']I never got the CE after playing for 2+ hours. I'd appreciate knowing where this is if there really are any left!

Though I have a question about the prize listings. I just restarted and it shows the CE for me on Colombia and the regular on England. I'm pretty sure I got the regular legit on England but I remember the CE being "all out' every time I found it. But here's the thing - I found it on other levels and it showed those prizes on the other levels. It isn't doing that any more. So what I'm wondering is if I really did get in on the CE on Colombia and that's what it is saved there.

Does someone who knows they missed out on the CE see it in their list anyway?[/QUOTE]

He meant there are plenty of Standard Editions available, not CEs.

[quote name='io']I never got the CE after playing for 2+ hours. I'd appreciate knowing where this is if there really are any left!

Does someone who knows they missed out on the CE see it in their list anyway?[/QUOTE]

When i clicked on the Columbia one it said that all prizes were claimed. I then won it in France later, but now the CE is listed under Columbia and not France. Whenever i try to claim it again it states that i already claimed the prize. Idk. I hope i still get it but if not i won the standard and all the amazon GCS so i'll still be a happy camper.

Thanks OP and to everyone contributing on this thread! Here's what I got when I played a couple hours ago:

England:
$3 Amazon Gift Card

Columbia:
$3 Amazon Gift Card
Uncharted 3 Collector's Edition - said "All prizes have been claimed" but it still shows up on my prize list, even after reloading the game.
In-Game Cash Reward DLC - PSN code already received via email
Treasure Hunter - PSN code already received via email

France:
$3 Amazon Gift Card
$3 Amazon Gift Card - pretty sure it said prizes were claimed, too, but yet it persists. Here's to hoping!
KE Booster DLC - PSN code already received via email
Clip Size for GMAL DLC - PSN code already received via email

Syria:
$3 Amazon Gift Card
$3 Amazon Gift Card
Uncharted 3 Standard Edition
Naughty Dog Rifle DLC - PSN code already received via email
Mystery Weapon 1 - PSN code already received via email
Mystery Weapon 2 - PSN code already received via email

Enough for me. I know I won at least the standard edition of UC3 since I saw that on my screen the first time through without some weird change-up, so I'm happy.

[quote name='shurija']Late to the game, but thanks to everyone, I think I got most of the DLC![/QUOTE]

Check Syria, directly left of the soccer field(Field is in center of map). You still might be able to win Uncharted 3.

Anyone know how many DLC items are available. I have currently found 7.

ND Pistol
ND Rifle
Mystery Weapon 1
Mystery Weapon 6
KE Booster
Treasure Hunters Starter Pack
Clip Size for GMAL

Is there anymore? If so what map and location please? lol

There are 9. You are missing the T-Shirt (England I think) and the in-game cash reward (Columbia I think). Both are not hidden so just keep looking.

[quote name='io']There are 9. You are missing the T-Shirt (England I think) and the in-game cash reward (Columbia I think). Both are not hidden so just keep looking.[/QUOTE]

Wow found the tshirt almost immediately after your post....Thanks.

Onward to Colombia.

Yeah the colectors edition in Columbia is messed up. I just played on my brothers account and it told me they were all already claimed but after i exit and play again its listed under Columbia like i won. Hopefully those who won it still get their prize.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Yeah the collectors edition in Columbia is messed up. I just played on my brothers account and it told me they were all already claimed but after i exit and play again its listed under Columbia like i won. Hopefully those who won it still get their prize.[/QUOTE]

Unless you got the popup with the picture of the Collectors Edition saying you won it and to share it on Facebook you will be waiting for the prize for a long time. The bottom list does not mean much since you can get all the prizes to show up there if you just click on the treasure twice if it is all claimed or you have already won the item.

[quote name='Owen']Unless you got the popup with the picture of the Collectors Edition saying you won it and to share it on Facebook you will be waiting for the prize for a long time. The bottom list does not mean much since you can get all the prizes to show up there if you just click on the treasure twice if it is all claimed or you have already won the item.[/QUOTE]

Do we have to click Share on Facebook to win the regular edition? I didn't :(

Thanks for the topic TC!

Now..I have a slight problem..I've never really used my facebook account till now..and I never made my own "facebook email"....sadly before I had the chance to I won a few DLCs and a standard edition of the game...I never recieved the emails with the DLC codes...I'm worried since I only did that AFTER I won the game I might lose out on it now :\

right after I made a facebook email i won a few other DLCs and they got transfered to my email flawlessly

does anyone know if I just lost out on it?

[quote name='warpedsoul']Do we have to click Share on Facebook to win the regular edition? I didn't :([/QUOTE]

I do not think you needed to share it but you need to see that window pop up to know you actually won that item since it shows you the picture of the item is that you won. The bottom list does not mean you actually won it unless you saw the picture of the item in your pop up and were asked to share.

bread's done
Back