Upcoming Game Crazy deals. CLASSIC PLASTIC STARTS JUNE 19TH!!!! UPDATED

xrickyb86x

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
CLASSIC PLASTIC STARTS JUNE 19TH. 3 dc/gen/snes/nes/gb/gbc/psone games for 15 dollars.

Buy 2 Get 1 free on all current gen used games starts JUNE 18th. All 3 games have to be for the same system. Something about buying hardware with it??? Specifics of this deal are still questionable.

ACTIVE:

Nintendo DS trade in value = $65. No longer $71.

Not sure when it starts:

Xbox trade in value = $75 when you put it toward an Xbox 360

Still not sure when any of these end.

[quote name='Scorch']My local store got paperwork in today, I saw it.. Classic Plastic DOES start, but it starts the 19th, not the 18th.. lasts from June 18th or June 19th until July 2nd. The B2G1 used games is only when you buy used hardware.

So for those of you waiting for confirmation on the classic plastic sale for June 18th/19th..

thumb.gif
[/quote]

oh sweet. i was off these last two days. what is this only used hardware thing???

[quote name='Scorch']My local store got paperwork in today, I saw it.. Classic Plastic DOES start, but it starts the 19th, not the 18th.. lasts from June 18th or June 19th until July 2nd. The B2G1 used games is only when you buy used hardware.

So for those of you waiting for confirmation on the classic plastic sale for June 18th/19th..

thumb.gif
[/QUOTE]
Why the slash? Which is it? Or do we not know yet? :whistle2:k

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']Why the slash? Which is it? Or do we not know yet? :whistle2:k[/quote]
His manager said 18th, the paper I saw said the 19th.. but it ends on a Sunday.. so it'd make sense that it started and ended on a Sunday.. I'm guessing it goes into effect Monday morning, but you could try it out on Sunday.. so either the 18th or 19th, but it definately ends July 2nd.

oh sweet. i was off these last two days. what is this only used hardware thing???
Buy used hardware (I don't remember specific systems), buy 2 get 1 free on used games (I don't know if it's just for the system you bought or any system). Depending on the specifics, one could just buy a $10 GB system and pick up 2 360 used games. From what I saw, it's not just a B2G1F, you have to buy used hardware.

Not sure if it's been asked yet, but do you have to have an MVP card to participate in Classic Plastic or any of these other deals?

[quote name='doodle777_98']no you dont need an mvp. matter of act i'm pretty sue it doesnt add to the discount either.[/quote]

right. And it's 3 for $15, not $5 each as some people try to do.

[quote name='doodle777_98']i can answer any questions. i work at one. i've already seen the paperwork.[/quote]

me too. what im wondering is... on the paperwork it says "BUY 2 GET 1 FREE ON USED GAMES WHEN YOU BUY USED HARDWARE" but then under it the conditions for it just say "Purchase 3 used games and get the cheapest for free." or something similar to that. It didn't even mention hardware.

I still think it's just when you buy used hardware, which sucks badly.

My store has a Power Stone and Marvel vs. Capcom on Dreamcast.. Power Stone is banged up so bad a buff couldn't help, and the Marvel vs. Capcom is plagued with a huge hollywood video sticker on the disc along with a barcode. *sigh*

we have the first smash bros, jet force gemini, and mario tennis. i think im picking those three up. our dreamcast wall is complete shit. same with psone.

[quote name='slidecage']the 12 FREE rentals are really only worth around 5- 6 bucks since you can grab them on Ebay for that cost.

Hell i just grabbed another 8 sheets for around 42 shipped
[/quote]

Last year, I sold a few sheets for $20 each. Since the last B2G1F sale, I haven't been able to sell one for $10.

Do you have a link for the 8 sheets of rentals you bought?

It is unlikely any one person would buy 8 current generation consoles.

It might be an employee trying to earn a bonus under the table.

FYI My local Game Crazy store manger got a voice mail today that the sale will start MONDAY THE 19th NOT THE 18th. They are going to try to change it so it doesn't start on a week day. So call ahead!!!

[quote name='Scorch']I still think it's just when you buy used hardware, which sucks badly.

My store has a Power Stone and Marvel vs. Capcom on Dreamcast.. Power Stone is banged up so bad a buff couldn't help, and the Marvel vs. Capcom is plagued with a huge hollywood video sticker on the disc along with a barcode. *sigh*[/QUOTE]
How bad is the sticker? Unless it's going to throw the disc off balance and cause problems, I'd still go for it...finding a copy in better shape is damn hard. I know - I just got lucky and found one at an EB in decent shape when I was ready to give up and try eBay (and hope to get a legit copy).

[quote name='zrpower']FYI My local Game Crazy store manger got a voice mail today that the sale will start MONDAY THE 19th NOT THE 18th. They are going to try to change it so it doesn't start on a week day. So call ahead!!![/QUOTE]
Is it just me, or did he contradict himself in the space of two sentences? :whistle2:s

[quote name='zrpower']FYI My local Game Crazy store manger got a voice mail today that the sale will start MONDAY THE 19th NOT THE 18th. [/quote]
we know. i updated the OP yesterday.

just realized i didn't update the title though.

Blah, is the store locator on both Hollywoodvideo.com and gamecrazy.com not working for anyone else? I want to see where a Gamecrazy is.

I couldn't get the store locator to work last weekend when I wanted to call to make sure they had some DS Lites instock.

If you have an MVP card, try to wrangle a good deal out of renewing. I managed to get $85 for my DS trade-in by renewing my card and earlier in the week I was offered an additional $5 off any used game if I renewed my previously-expired MVP.

Hopefully that Smash Bros. and Mario 64 are still hanging around my local GameCrazy.

One of the Gamecrazy's i went to said both sales start on the 19th. Should i even bother to correct or just assume that'll be the day?

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Last year, I sold a few sheets for $20 each. Since the last B2G1F sale, I haven't been able to sell one for $10.

Do you have a link for the 8 sheets of rentals you bought?

It is unlikely any one person would buy 8 current generation consoles.

It might be an employee trying to earn a bonus under the table.[/QUOTE]

dont have links to them right now but overall i got 20 sheets for around 5-6 bucks per sheet

GOT (figures are around guesses since it been awhile on some)

4 sheets off here for 15.50
4 sheets off ebay for 20
3 sheet off ebay for 15
9 sheets off one guy for like 50 (the dude had like 300 sheets)

Really sucks the sales starts monday cause i got 12 hour shifts on Monday and tuesday (unless i call in sick monday LOL)

i might swing by tomorrow to see if they are running it or to try to put stuff on hold

Well I went to our Game Crazy after work today, and the dude there said that the sale started on Monday, and that he'd reserve some games for me if I wanted. But after looking through their list, they didn't really have much shit that I wanted. But I did come away with an Adventures of Lolo in really good shape for $5. :D

called both

1 had no clue
1 said monday.

the 2nd store already said all they got left is crap. I probally end up running out to them monday anyways ( got ahold of boss and was able to take my lunch break from 10 to 11 : )

[quote name='pinoy530']I think their $60 games are cheaper. I got GRAW for $45 after 10% off. However, they've never let me stack on the MVP discount on top of the buy2get1, so it would probably end up the same.[/QUOTE]
oh crap, forgot about that :/

I was really looking forward to the B2G1 free deal that is supposed to start today. I decided not too long ago to give my local Gamecrazy a call to double check. The man I was speaking to only informed me that they are only running B2G1 on all games 4.99 or less.

Whats the deal?

Buy 2 get 1 free has been for the 4.99 or less games. it's soppsoe to work on ps2, GC and xbox but the codes works also for other games even though it isnt soppose to. my store director told me to use it anyways to help get rid of more old games.

also the buy 2 get 1 that starts tommorrow has to be for the same system. It says so in the paperwork.

Checked the Sunrise Hwy (Long Island) store to see if it was worth coming back for the classic deal, and there wasn't really anything worth buying aside from a couple of Mario N64 games. Obviously this sale is still worth checking out, but don't expect to get nearly the same success as we had last year.

I went into the Gamecrazy here, and ask when it was supposed to start.. the guy had no idea.. said it could be two weeks still

I've about had it with GameCrazy...first they took away the weekday specials for MVP members, then they told me I couldnt renew my EGM sub when I renewed my MVP membership, now they are tacking on the whole 'with the purchase of hardware' or possibly even $4.99 or less in order to qualify for B2G1. Lame.

The Classic Plastic promo is a great concept in theory, except for the fact that my store's N64 shelf is insanely sorry. Nothing in there I'd want, even for $5.

yeah i just heard about it today thank god it starts today. I live in a college town i better see a lot of crap. last time i was in there though they had nothing i wanted except maybe a few mario games i already had that i coulda flipped for a few bucks profit :whistle2:/ I'm checking it out for sure though!

I also made a list i printed out for high valued games that might be on the market but highly doubt lol. There gonna look at me and think im a total dueshebag but i dont care. Here i'm going to share the list with you guys.

Nes games:
World championship 1990
Hot Slots Panesian
Bubble Bath Babes
Stadium Events
Rygar
Stack-up
Bubble Bopper part 2
Flinstones 1 and 2
Snow brothers bros
TIme Diver EON MAN
Dragon Wars
Dragon warrior 1,2,3,4
Mega man 1,2,3,4,5,6
72 GAMES IN 1
Menace beach
Tengen tetris
Chiller
Super Mario bros. 2
Mighty Final Fight
Dr. Mario
Kid Icarus
Contra Force
Gradius

Super nintendo games:

EarthBound
Chrono Trigger
Mega Man x3,x2,x
Harvest Moon
Secret of Mana
Final Fantasy 2,3
Lufia 2
Ogre Battle
Castlevania: Dracula X
Super Mario Rpg
Super mario world 2
Advertures of link
Evo Search For eden
UNCHARTED WATERS NEW HORIZONS
Super metroid
Master of Monsters

Sega Genesis games:

Shining force 2
Master of monsters
Streets of rage 3
Warsong
Phantasy Star 4
Shining Force
Toe jam and earl 1 and 2
Streets of rage 2
Splatterhouse 3
Mutant League Hockey
Mutant League football
Pirates Gold

I know this is what i'll be looking for :p

Good luck finding... well, much any of that. This isn't the first time this sale's been had, so it's gonna be tough finding anything of value. I'll be out there tomorrow morning though.

[quote name='sneekpeaks']yeah i just heard about it today thank god it starts today. I live in a college town i better see a lot of crap. last time i was in there though they had nothing i wanted except maybe a few mario games i already had that i coulda flipped for a few bucks profit :whistle2:/ I'm checking it out for sure though!

I also made a list i printed out for high valued games that might be on the market but highly doubt lol. There gonna look at me and think im a total dueshebag but i dont care. Here i'm going to share the list with you guys.

Nes games:
World championship 1990
Hot Slots Panesian
Bubble Bath Babes
Stadium Events
Rygar
Stack-up
Bubble Bopper part 2
Flinstones 1 and 2
Snow brothers bros
TIme Diver EON MAN
Dragon Wars
Dragon warrior 1,2,3,4
Mega man 1,2,3,4,5,6
72 GAMES IN 1
Menace beach
Tengen tetris
Chiller
Super Mario bros. 2
Mighty Final Fight
Dr. Mario
Kid Icarus
Contra Force
Gradius

Super nintendo games:

EarthBound
Chrono Trigger
Mega Man x3,x2,x
Harvest Moon
Secret of Mana
Final Fantasy 2,3
Lufia 2
Ogre Battle
Castlevania: Dracula X
Super Mario Rpg
Super mario world 2
Advertures of link
Evo Search For eden
UNCHARTED WATERS NEW HORIZONS
Super metroid
Master of Monsters

Sega Genesis games:

Shining force 2
Master of monsters
Streets of rage 3
Warsong
Phantasy Star 4
Shining Force
Toe jam and earl 1 and 2
Streets of rage 2
Splatterhouse 3
Mutant League Hockey
Mutant League football
Pirates Gold

I know this is what i'll be looking for :p[/QUOTE]

good luck finding any RPG games. Everything of any vaule has been cleaned out during the first 2 sales (remember this is the 3rd time) and since many stores dont take anything in , you getting leftovers

first time i found tons of RPG and still have them (blew around 200)
2nd time i only got FF 8 , 9 and tacticks (blew around 45)

today i dont expect to blow more then 30

Hmmm, not sure if I should stop by today just to see if they have any good DC/PS1 titles, I can't remember them having anything spectacular during the previous sales.

Sorry for the OT post, but I figured I might as well ask while I'm here.

About those 12 free rentals, how long can you keep the rentals and does Hollywood carry a good selection of 360 titles(I know it's YMMV, but I was looking for a general answer). Also, I don't have a Hollywood account, do they require a credit card for game rentals and do they still charge a really high deposit fee on games? Thanks.

[quote name='slidecage']good luck finding any RPG games. Everything of any vaule has been cleaned out during the first 2 sales (remember this is the 3rd time) and since many stores dont take anything in , you getting leftovers [/QUOTE]

My Gamecrazies never had the second sale. I keep checking and talking to the employees and it never happened here. IF this sale starts here today, there won't be much, but I think there is some stuff that I still want that was traded in.

Good luck to all.

The GameCrazy in Clinton Township, MI isn't worth bothering with. Other than a decent Game Boy selection, I didn't see anything that was worthwhile.

At the one in Warren, on the other hand, I think I did pretty darn well. :)

I only picked up N64 games, so this isn't an ultra-diverse list, but here goes...
-Snowboard Kids
-Star Wars: Battle For Naboo
-Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
-Excitebike 64
-Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine

And the coolest find...

A complete copy of Mickey's Speedway USA.

Again, nothing amazing (TimTucker actually beat me to that store), but I'm definitely happy with what I found. :D

Got:

Harvest Moon 64
RPG Maker (Complete PSX)
Metal Slug X (PSX)
Monster Rancher Explorer (GB)
Dragon Warrior I & II (GB)
Super R-Type (SNES)

All in all OKAY purchases.

I went to crazy sunday night and the guy said some big deals were starting this week, he said like 5-6 or something like that. I'm going back today.

Any word on the B2G1?? For current gen.

[quote name='Blackout542']Any word on the B2G1?? For current gen.[/QUOTE]
...Have you read the thread at all?

[quote name='Satoshi-kun']Got:

Harvest Moon 64
RPG Maker (Complete PSX)
Metal Slug X (PSX)
Monster Rancher Explorer (GB)
Dragon Warrior I & II (GB)
Super R-Type (SNES)

All in all OKAY purchases.[/QUOTE]
Okay? Harvest Moon 64 costs that much ALONE. Even if it's in crappy shape, that's an amazing find. Lucky bastard...

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']...Have you read the thread at all?

Okay? Harvest Moon 64 costs that much ALONE. Even if it's in crappy shape, that's an amazing find. Lucky bastard...[/quote]

Yes I have read it. Some people posted they weren't sure if it was, then it was supposed to start today. I am asking because I want to know if anyone has done the deal yet.

Okay, here's my haul from the 2 Game Crazy stores I hit...might visit the third one...

Gameboy Color
Lemmings

NES
Adventure Island III
Mega Man II

N64
Superman (complete, mint)
Transformers: Beast Wars
Gauntlet Legends
Donald Duck
Paper Mario
Mario Tennis
Kirby 64
Dr. Mario 64 (Only $4.99 every day, didn't save any money but still happy to find it. :) )
Monopoly
Aidyn Chronicles

Genesis
Mega Bomberman
Lemmings 2: Tribes

PSX
Tetris Plus (complete)
Alone In The DarK: The New Nightmare (complete)
Time Crisis (complete)

SNES
Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiego
Donkey Kong Country II

Not part of the sale:

NES Advantage controller $2.99
PQ (PSP) on sale for $14.99

Also, I grabbed a copy of X-Men II for PSX at the first store I went to. He grabbed it out of the back with a bunch of the other games I asked for and I didn't notice it was disc-only until I left the store and was halfway to the second store. At the second store I took it in with my receipt and tried to do a simple swap for a different $5 PSX game, but the kid working couldn't figure out how to do it so he gave me back the full $12.99 in credit instead of $5. He was new and having all kinds of problems ringing stuff up, so I went ahead about bought an MVP card from him since I was getting some free credit anyway. He thanked me and threw in a free copy of Championship Pool for SNES.

I think it's worth the $13 I paid for the MVP card just so I don't have to listen to them beg every time I go in the store for the next year.

[quote name='anadune']My Gamecrazies never had the second sale. I keep checking and talking to the employees and it never happened here. IF this sale starts here today, there won't be much, but I think there is some stuff that I still want that was traded in.

Good luck to all.[/quote]

It's national...call corporate and have them call the store manager next time you're in there if they try to say there's no sale.

Yeah well i hat my gamecrazy guy. I go in there, there isnt any games over 4.99 in there that are classic. So i ask the guy so its 3 for $15 sale right? He's like yeah but dont expect anything good. I took earthbound, all 5 mega mans, and a bunch of other rare games before the store opened... So i'm like fuck man shady. So i keep looking to see if i want anything anyways. He takes Mario party 64 out of a drawer. He says "Hey i'll sell this to you for $10." I demanded to speak to his manager. Then he told me the manager wasn't in. So i started laughing about how 95% of the classic games are 4.99 anyways. So whats the point of the 3 classics for $15 deal? Since they are all already 4.99. Then there is no deal. As he was talking to one of his good friend's helping him look for games that make a profit. I sat there and just was rambling on about how this is crap and yata yata. But what can i do? The clerk bought off all the megaman's and he told me he even bought up an earthbound before the store even opened. So my gamecrazy got screwed in this deal im upset. I left with nothing. All sports n64 games and crap.

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']The GameCrazy in Clinton Township, MI isn't worth bothering with. Other than a decent Game Boy selection, I didn't see anything that was worthwhile.

At the one in Warren, on the other hand, I think I did pretty darn well. :)

I only picked up N64 games, so this isn't an ultra-diverse list, but here goes...
-Snowboard Kids
-Star Wars: Battle For Naboo
-Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
-Excitebike 64
-Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine

And the coolest find...

A complete copy of Mickey's Speedway USA.

Again, nothing amazing (TimTucker actually beat me to that store), but I'm definitely happy with what I found. :D[/quote]

Well, I guess that kills any need I had to stop at either of those stores this afternoon. I don't know whether I should be thankful or offput.
Oh well. :)

bread's done
Back