Upcoming Game Crazy deals. CLASSIC PLASTIC STARTS JUNE 19TH!!!! UPDATED

xrickyb86x

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
CLASSIC PLASTIC STARTS JUNE 19TH. 3 dc/gen/snes/nes/gb/gbc/psone games for 15 dollars.

Buy 2 Get 1 free on all current gen used games starts JUNE 18th. All 3 games have to be for the same system. Something about buying hardware with it??? Specifics of this deal are still questionable.

ACTIVE:

Nintendo DS trade in value = $65. No longer $71.

Not sure when it starts:

Xbox trade in value = $75 when you put it toward an Xbox 360

Still not sure when any of these end.

I manged to get a couple decent deals:

SNES:
Super Punch-Out!!

GBC:
Lufia: The Legend Returns
Dragon Warrior I & II

PS1:
Mega Man Legends (this one's scratched so much that it won't play, but I figured I could Disc Doctor it before attempting to return it)

NES:
Little Nemo: The Dream Master
Final Fantasy

I was pretty surprised to find FF and Little Nemo. I loved Little Nemo when I was a kid. Can't wait to play that again.

anyone in fort wayne that wants Rhapsody .. the maplecrest store has one. I had it on hold BUT since it was disc only and couldnt find 2 other games i let it go

they also have Tetris plus disc only

I grabbed

digimon world 2 and Breath of fire 3 and 4 all complete for 15

[quote name='TehTriggerman']Well, Hearing the two workers in there tellling me all they got to sell on ebay was a strong hint to the fact. So was the pile. Still, nothing I liked.:roll:[/quote]

Report them to their district manager. That's a no no.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Report them to their district manager. That's a no no.[/QUOTE]

one store i went to last time a DM was there and they said they could take any games they want. they had 3 of each dragon warrior for the nes and around another 100 games stacked up there .

This time a worker showed me they pulled Dragon warrior 1-4 . I was happy for them since only Dragon warrior 3 and 4 are worth anything and they are cool enough to hold games for me so i didnt say anything (and i dont have a working nes : )

[quote name='slidecage']one store i went to last time a DM was there and they said they could take any games they want. they had 3 of each dragon warrior for the nes and around another 100 games stacked up there .

This time a worker showed me they pulled Dragon warrior 1-4 . I was happy for them since only Dragon warrior 3 and 4 are worth anything and they are cool enough to hold games for me so i didnt say anything (and i dont have a working nes : )[/QUOTE]
The no-no is reselling games on eBay. And probably moreso for being dumb enough to discuss it within earshot of customers.

Apparently my GameCrazy had a secret stash in the back that they get out only when asked. Well i got a pretty good haul of PS1 games.
-Point Blank 2
-Pocket Fighter (game only)
-Rising Zan (game only)
-Parasite Eve 2
-Incredible Crisis (game only)
-and Front Mission 3 (game only)
Any idea when this deal ends?

i take back my comments about my GC being dry--
found:
--Tron Bonne
--Thousand Arms
--Tomba 2

I actually checked out one more Gamecrazy today and got a good haul again.

At the Cedar Park Gamecrazy I got:

Megaman Xtreme (GB)
Megaman Xtreme 2(GB)
Ducktales (GB)
Battletoads in Ragnarok's World (GB)
Wizards and Warriors: Fortress of Fear (GB)
Bionic Commando: Elite Forces (GB)
Alundra (w/manual, no case) (PSX)
Grandia (w/manual, no case) (PSX)
Goemon's Great Adventure (N64)

I wish I had more time to really look and take my time with my selection but I think I did rather well today too. I got...

NES
Kirby's Adventure
Donkey Kong 3

GB/GBC
Dragon Warrior Monsters
Dragon Warrior Monsters 2: Cobi's Journey
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
Metroid II: Return of Samus
Super Mario Land

SNES
Mega Man X
Star Fox

N64
Aidyn Chronicles: The First Mage
Quest 64
Snowboard Kids
Super Smash Bros.

GEN
Rocket Knight Adventures
Shining in the Darkness

The only thing I have an issue with though is that Zelda has what looks like dirt and marker on the back of the cart. I tried cleaning it off with alcohol and also peroxide but they didnt work.. The N64 stuff is ok too but Smash Bros. has sticker residue on the sides, Quest 64 was a rental copy and has all sorts of stickers all over it including one that said "VOID" after peeling it off, and Snowboard Kids had a rental store sticker on the label on the back of the cart and that got torn when I took that off... *sigh*

I started looking at the PSone and Dreamcast stuff but after asking the clerk if they had the manuals and cases in the back or behind the counter or something he told me that they (GameCRAZY) throw them away to save space. I do not see why these things cant be kept in the back somewhere. It's bad enough when stores take disc only games in but to take in complete stuff and just turn it into disc only ON PURPOSE is a completely fucked up thing! It's hard enough to find things in good condition and now we have to worry about the stores getting rid of packaging.. WHY?!

All in all though, with what I did get I am happy... just pissed at the ^above^ about the DC and PSone games

[quote name='MamoruNoHakkyou']

I started looking at the PSone and Dreamcast stuff but after asking the clerk if they had the manuals and cases in the back or behind the counter or something he told me that they (GameCRAZY) throw them away to save space. I do not see why these things cant be kept in the back somewhere. It's bad enough when stores take disc only games in but to take in complete stuff and just turn it into disc only ON PURPOSE is a completely fucked up thing! It's hard enough to find things in good condition and now we have to worry about the stores getting rid of packaging.. WHY?!

All in all though, with what I did get I am happy... just pissed at the ^above^ about the DC and PSone games[/quote]

that varies store to store based on what the manager wants. i think it's totally fucked up. i also think it's retarted when someone trades in a sealed game and some other employees open it up... you know cause somone wouldn't buy a sealed used game (sarcasm). also when people trade in complete gba games, we used to have a guy who would just throw the boxes out. i was offended to say the least.

My three stores had almost nothing, and I grabbed a few non-uber carts. If you live in my area (Hamilton/Fairfield) go ahead and check them out, but don't expect much.

My searches nearly ended in vain, though I picked up some mediocre stuff worth having for 5 bucks. But then, when I checked the final of the four Game Crazies near me, I found River City Ransom for $2.99 ($2.69 with my MVP). Finally a decent score.

[quote name='Z-Saber']My three stores had almost nothing, and I grabbed a few non-uber carts. If you live in my area (Hamilton/Fairfield) go ahead and check them out, but don't expect much.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the heads up

i got lucky at gc
lunar silver star complete
fatal fury mark of wolfs
tales of symphonia

best part i bought wario ware for the ds at sears for 3 dollars and got 15.00 for it in trade then got 24 dollars trade in for fatal fury and tales and kept lunar

OMGWTFBBQ!!!11

I went to three GC and they had nothing good, I was expecting to find Final Fantasy Anthology at one of them but they had a poor selection. One of them had FF: Origins but it was defective so I went home empty handed.

My current haul:

Bomberman 64: The Second Attack! N64
Phantasy Star II Genesis
Mickey Mania: The Timeless Adventures of Mickey Mouse SNES
Dragon Valor PSX
Tiime Crisis: Project Titan PSX
Vagrant Story PSX
Alundra PSX
Saga Frontier 2 PSX
Wild Arms PSX
Xenogears PSX
Skies of Arcadia DC
Record of Lodoss War DC

A good day for me:

Grandia 2 (DC/complete/mint)
LoZ: Both Oracles
Dragon Warrior III (GBC)
Crystalis (GBC)
Zelda DX
Actraiser II
Paper Mario (N64)
Dragon Warrior IV (NES)

And Wizardry (NES) for 1.79

Also hit up a Craigslist special:

PSO I+II, Ocarina of Time Collectors Edition, Super Metroid + Castlevania IV for $15....

Thank god this runs an entire week....lots of driving ahead :)

[quote name='SaraAB']Does anyone know if those gamegear games are still 0.99 in the system, thats the only one i was able to fool the clerks on since they were all tagged at ridiculously high prices??[/quote]

You're probably not fooling them...it's just that Game Gear games aren't worth flipping on Ebay even if you can get them for 99 cents each. You'd probably break even.

So some one that works at Game Crazy, answer this for me. What do classic plastic games trade in for? Say a PSX game retails at Game Crazy for $25. What kind of trade do they give for it? One of the GC stores I went to had a stack of classic games that had been traded in earlier that day, including some pretty decent SNES games that retail in the $15-20 range at GC. What kind of store credit do they give for this stuff? He said people trade in classic plastic to that location on a daily basis and that I should come back later in the week to see what they had that was new by then.

Also, I see a few of you picking up Snowboard Kids 1 + 2 for N64...is this game fun or are you just getting it because it's rare? I've never actually played them but I think I saw them in-store.

Seems like everyone is getting good hauls. I'm hardly finding anything worth getting at any of the GCs that I have went to.

I found Shining Force (GEN), Harvest Moon (GB) & Mario Golf (N64). The selection was pretty bare save for a few good game boy games.

Rictor: Snowboard Kids are supposed to be great games, I would have picked them up but they didn't have them.

I got a few things:

GBC: Kirby Tilt 'n Tumble
GB: Kid Icarus

Chrono Cross (no manual, but box and discs great condition)
Banjo Kaz 1 and 2

and a couple others. I think I'm going to go back and get a few more if they still have them (Pilot Wings, etc.).

[quote name='camelking6969']i got lucky at gc
lunar silver star complete
fatal fury mark of wolfs
tales of symphonia

best part i bought wario ware for the ds at sears for 3 dollars and got 15.00 for it in trade then got 24 dollars trade in for fatal fury and tales and kept lunar[/QUOTE]

Why would Tales even be a part of this deal. Or do you mean TOD for the ps1

I'm looking for some psx rpg's. My 2 biggest wants are Parasite Eve 2 and Breath of fire 4. If anyone has em available can you check my list or send me a price?

[quote name='Rictor']You're probably not fooling them...it's just that Game Gear games aren't worth flipping on Ebay even if you can get them for 99 cents each. You'd probably break even.

So some one that works at Game Crazy, answer this for me. What do classic plastic games trade in for? Say a PSX game retails at Game Crazy for $25. What kind of trade do they give for it? One of the GC stores I went to had a stack of classic games that had been traded in earlier that day, including some pretty decent SNES games that retail in the $15-20 range at GC. What kind of store credit do they give for this stuff? He said people trade in classic plastic to that location on a daily basis and that I should come back later in the week to see what they had that was new by then.

Also, I see a few of you picking up Snowboard Kids 1 + 2 for N64...is this game fun or are you just getting it because it's rare? I've never actually played them but I think I saw them in-store.[/quote]

a classic plastic game that retails about 19.99 or 24.99 used will probably get you at the most 5 dollars, and im being generous. i think they do this to try and prevent people for trading this stuff in because it usually just sits there until something like this starts.

[quote name='xrickyb86x']that varies store to store based on what the manager wants. i think it's totally fucked up. i also think it's retarted when someone trades in a sealed game and some other employees open it up... you know cause somone wouldn't buy a sealed used game (sarcasm). also when people trade in complete gba games, we used to have a guy who would just throw the boxes out. i was offended to say the least.[/QUOTE]

The reason why they open 'sealed' games are often they are shrinkwrapped with AOL discs inside. Not only that, people also steal from other stores and try to trade them in/get cash for them, and they think sealed means more money.

I tried to stop by one of my local GameCrazy's today only to find out that no GameCrazy workers showed up today, so the GameCrazy section was closed. Awesome.

Picked up some good stuff today:

Playstation:
Parasite Eve-disc only
parasite eve 2-disc only
Megaman X5-complete

GBC:
Dragon Warrior 2 Taras adventure
Dragon Warrior 2 Cobis Adventure
The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages
The Legend of the River King
Pokemon Crystal

GB:
Final Fantasy Legend

Not a bad haul since that was all at 1 gamecrazy, I plan on checking out another one later on tonight before heading to the movies. I will report back my findings once I return.

I did the trade 2 Xbox360 games in, get 1 free deal...

And they charged me $5 for sales tax.

Is that supposed to happen?

Well I decided to hit up the final two Gamecrazy's in Austin, the William Cannon/Brodie and the William Cannon/I-35 stores.

At the William Cannon/Brodie I got:

Final Fantasy Legend (GB)
Final Fantasy Legend III (GB)
Jersey Devil (PSX)

At the William Cannon/I-35 store I got:

Dragon Warrior VII (w/ case, no manual) (PSX)
Final Fantasy Legend II (GB)
Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (complete) (GBC)

Also, at the William Cannon/I-35 store they still had a copy of both Zelda: Oracle of Ages and Zelda: Oracle of Seasons.

[quote name='slidecage']Why would Tales even be a part of this deal. Or do you mean TOD for the ps1[/quote]
my bad i mean skies of arcadia for dc always get confused on them

Picked up 9 more games:

Playstation:
The Legend of Dragoon-disc only
Resident Evil Directors cut- complete
Jade Cocoon- game and manual
Diablo-disc only
Vagrant Story- disc only
Chocobo's Dungeon 2- disc only
Tail Concerto- disc only
Warcraft 2- complete

GBC:
Pokemon Crystal

The GC had crap as far as rare games go, but I did manage to score Mega Bomberman, Phantasy Star II (both for Genny, both priced at $20 a piece) and a brand spanking new GH copy of Legend of Dragoon (had no interest in the game, but hey it was $5 and I know someone will trade for it. Plus I scored the lone copy of Silent Hill Experience :razz:

Picked up:

Legend of Zelda: Oracles of Ages (GBC, Cart)
Metroid II: Return of Samus (GB, Cart)
Tomba! (PSX, No Manual)

Now I just need a Tomba! manual.

[quote name='xrickyb86x']a classic plastic game that retails about 19.99 or 24.99 used will probably get you at the most 5 dollars, and im being generous. i think they do this to try and prevent people for trading this stuff in because it usually just sits there until something like this starts.[/quote]

If that's true I'm gonna start hanging out at GC and offering people cash for stuff they bring in for trade. Hey, don't trade that copy of Chrono Trigger in for $5 credit...I'll give you $6 cash!

[quote name='-Never4ever-']The GC had crap as far as rare games go, but I did manage to score Mega Bomberman, Phantasy Star II (both for Genny, both priced at $20 a piece) and a brand spanking new GH copy of Legend of Dragoon (had no interest in the game, but hey it was $5 and I know someone will trade for it. Plus I scored the lone copy of Silent Hill Experience :razz:[/quote]

If you have a Value City near you...it's $4.99 sealed there every day if you can find it. I got a couple copies there when they had their $2 off any PSX game sale a while back...they do this every couple months it seems like...so 2 sealed copies at $2.99 each. They had like 10 more copies at this location too...too bad they didn't have any similar games...I did stock up on cool puzzle games though. They had about 150 different PSX title to choose from...but most of them were so obscure I'd never heard of them. Definite third tier kiddie titles but surprisingly no sports games.

Alright, I bet this has been answered, but... 12 pages of text, argh!

I must ask.

How long is this classic plastic sale gonna last?
(also, how long is b2g1 gonna last?)

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Op says still not sure on the end dates, so... has anyone found out yet?

General consensus is that this Sunday is the last day.

[quote name='Capt Dirty Jack']Alright, I bet this has been answered, but... 12 pages of text, argh!

I must ask.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Op says still not sure on the end dates, so... has anyone found out yet?[/quote]

[quote name='Capt Dirty Jack']Alright, I bet this has been answered, but... 12 pages of text, argh!

I must ask.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Op says still not sure on the end dates, so... has anyone found out yet?[/QUOTE]

The ad says all prices good through 7/02/06.

To avoid asking looking around until your eyes bleed, ask for a printout of what they have for a specific system. If they say that they can't do that, they're lying.

I just started working at a GC last week and this sale does go until July 2nd. We haven't got much up at my store, but I'll see if I can find anything good and post up here for anyone who wants them.

[quote name='Rictor']If that's true I'm gonna start hanging out at GC and offering people cash for stuff they bring in for trade. Hey, don't trade that copy of Chrono Trigger in for $5 credit...I'll give you $6 cash![/quote]

Make sure to schmooze with the manager for a long time before doing that and he or she is cool with you doing that.

Otherwise, you're working really hard on your lifetime ban from that store.

[quote name='shipwreck']I tried to stop by one of my local GameCrazy's today only to find out that no GameCrazy workers showed up today, so the GameCrazy section was closed. Awesome.[/quote]

LOL

Well, my Game Crazy has dumped or sold almost anything worthwhile. I was tempted on Starfox (SNES) for 4.99, but that was it out of all classic games.

But I did get $2.57 trading in two NES games and 3 PS1 games :D

Whoever said Game Crazy's selection was better than EB/GS is crazy though... no Hulk, King Kong, Spartan, etc for GameCube, though they do have a great price on Zelda CE (29.99), but I just got that in the B2G1F at EB a couple weeks ago.

They'd never even gotten a copy of Lost Magic for DS to sell, so that was disappointing. Looks like I will have $20 in credit there for a long time.

[quote name='botticus']Well, my Game Crazy has dumped or sold almost anything worthwhile. I was tempted on Starfox (SNES) for 4.99, but that was it out of all classic games.

But I did get $2.57 trading in two NES games and 3 PS1 games :D

Whoever said Game Crazy's selection was better than EB/GS is crazy though... no Hulk, King Kong, Spartan, etc for GameCube, though they do have a great price on Zelda CE (29.99), but I just got that in the B2G1F at EB a couple weeks ago.

They'd never even gotten a copy of Lost Magic for DS to sell, so that was disappointing. Looks like I will have $20 in credit there for a long time.[/quote]

Hm, mine had a used copy of LM.
That is untill I bought it tonight.

[quote name='Flamez']Hm, mine had a used copy of LM.
That is untill I bought it tonight.[/QUOTE]
Well, in theory they could get a used copy at some point. But it's surprising they never got a new copy.

bread's done
Back