(UPDATE) Buy a Nintendo DS, get Super Mario 64 DS for free at all major retailers

Wombat

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I know this had been posted as part of the EB June sale, but I just got word that this will be offered at all "participating retailers" across the country. Nintendo produced national TV spots for it yesterday. As far as a start date for the sale, I am going to guess June 12, for thats when the EB sale starts.

UPDATE: Stores confirmed so far

EB Games, thanks Scahom1 link: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54032

ebgames.com avail now!!!
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/241868.asp

Best Buy, thanks TXboxGuY link:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54789

Sears, thanks TXboxGuY, see page five for pic

Kmart, thanks Dogpatch, see page 7

Gamestop confirmed (starts June15), thanks Chacrana, see page 8

Gamestop.com plat: http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=B020225L

gamestop.com blue:
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=B020252A

Walmart and walmart.com confirmed, thanks JJNova link: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=3600672&sourceid=23972595173720093424

fry's, thanks hiccupleftovers see page 9

official full list of stores link:

http://www.nintendods.com/mario/

I will update as I get info :)

[quote name='TXboxGuY']I've had this Sears ad since yesterday. 6/12 - 6/18 on this deal. Here is the pic and the new electric blue color.

Same offer appears in the BB ad but this is easier to pick up on webcam.[/QUOTE]

Finally visually confirmed not that i didn't trust you guy's !

[quote name='Sk']I was going to pick up a PSP this week, but I'll hold out (for a month) and pick up a DS instead. My old original GBA seems so out dated and I've always wanted a DS. It now seems like the time to pick one up.

Also the DS seems like a safer purchase (less defects, less likely I'll return it for other units, and I wouldn't need to buy a warranty because nintendo handhelds are built strong). I still want a PSP...[/QUOTE]

Looks like I'll be getting a DS soon. I'm also going to wait on the PSP now. Especialy with the rumor of a price drop soon.

[quote name='spydey']Looks like I'll be getting a DS soon. I'm also going to wait on the PSP now. Especialy with the rumor of a price drop soon.[/QUOTE]

Are you referring to the rumor that Sony's going to ditch the retarded Value Pack crap and drop the price to $200? I hope like hell that something like that happens because I don't want to waste $50 on some bootleg ass shit that I don't want.

[quote name='Chacrana']Are you referring to the rumor that Sony's going to ditch the retarded Value Pack crap and drop the price to $200? I hope like hell that something like that happens because I don't want to waste $50 on some bootleg ass shit that I don't want.[/QUOTE]

Yup...that's the one.

[quote name='evilmax17']Joystiq'd[/QUOTE]

By bundle, do they mean that Nintendo's going to actually pack the game in box? I kinda hope not because I just wanna get my DS ASAP... I've been waiting for my Gamestop to get the Blue DS and now I'm gonna have to wait for them to get the Blue DS with Mario 64 DS... sigh.... how depressing life is.

[quote name='Chacrana']By bundle, do they mean that Nintendo's going to actually pack the game in box? I kinda hope not because I just wanna get my DS ASAP... I've been waiting for my Gamestop to get the Blue DS and now I'm gonna have to wait for them to get the Blue DS with Mario 64 DS... sigh.... how depressing life is.[/QUOTE]

No it's free with any DS purchase from what I've read. So you should be able to pick up a blue one and the game, at least at best buy anyone from the thread linked on the CAG front page.

[quote name='dmaul1114']No it's free with any DS purchase from what I've read. So you should be able to pick up a blue one and the game, at least at best buy anyone from the thread linked on the CAG front page.[/QUOTE]

I really hope so... that's what I got from the Sears ad at least. Assuming that's true, then it looks like I'll have a DS on Sunday and I'll finally get a chance to play Mario 64 DS and Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow

[quote name='evilmax17']Joystiq'd[/QUOTE]

According to some sources. At least they put wombat. Should have also given CAG some recognition like the other site did that was posted earlier. Who else we waiting for to put this one, Gamespot and IGN right?:)

I think that you will be able to get Super Mario 64 seperate from the DS itself. They just shipped the blue one out...it seems a bit silly they would have another new package by next week.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']According to some sources. At least they put wombat. Should have also given CAG some recognition like the other site did that was posted earlier. Who else we waiting for to put this one, Gamespot and IGN right?:)[/QUOTE]

Well now that I am a big internet celeb, I will be expecting special treatment, Cheapy get over here so I can hit you with my phone and tell you why I love Katie Holmes

[quote name='Wombat5277']Well now that I am a big internet celeb, I will be expecting special treatment, Cheapy get over here so I can hit you with my phone and tell you why I love Katie Holmes[/QUOTE]

Hey man, you're not that big of an internet celeb yet.;) You're just a B-level internet celeb, to get A-level status you gotta be like the Star Wars Kid, that crazy rave girl chick, or that Numa Numa Dance guy. ;)

[quote name='spydey']Looks like I'll be getting a DS soon. I'm also going to wait on the PSP now. Especialy with the rumor of a price drop soon.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I'll pick up a PSP when it drops to 199 without all that additional crap. I'll get the PSP and a 1 gig Memory stick Duo pro and call it a day. Right now, I'll pick up the DS and Mario 64 and have a blast. I've always wanted a DS and its so much more of a safer purchase than the PSP.

Maybe when Nintendo ditches the GBA or when this new content arrives, I know i'll pick one up. Call me a negative nancy, but I got suckered into buying xbox by promises of amazing future content that didn't arrive for two to three years later.

I feel the same way. I don't buy consoles early - minus the PS2 which, honestly, my wife (at the time g/f) had reserved, but I pitched half on it because whoever had it paid for went to the top of the reserve list. Then it broke later :( so I learned my lesson.

For me, the critical app has arrived.

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/256786.asp

Lunar Genesis for DS. :D Yay, new Lunar!

I totally don't have the money but this makes it even more tempting to go ahead and get it so I can get Lunar.

So it looks like this won't be prebundled packaging, if so, it would probably be possible to grab one of the old DS's with the Metroid Prime Hunters demo AND a copy of Mario 64. I just got a $100 GC to BB, this will be very, very hard to resist.

I called Gamestop and asked about it and they had no idea what the hell I was talking about... but that'll prolly change on Sunday.

Do any of you know if Gamestop has any sort of pricematching/deal guarantee policy? I found out today that a coworker picked up a DS yesterday, and if I can pass along a tidbit to let him get the free game when the deal starts up I'm sure he'd appreciate it. He's already opened it, though, so returning for a refund is not an option. Any help?

[quote name='namako']> TRUs deal for this Sunday is Mario 64 + the Pro Gamers Kit + the DS(blue or silver). I believe the price is $178, but I could be wrong. So it looks like other places may have the better deals.[/QUOTE]

$164.97 for the Toys R Us bundle, sir.

Yes, I work at Toys R Us.

Also a good deal is the %10 off coupons Target.com and in a Target father's day advertisement I got in the mail one of the coupons is for $10 off when you buy a DS with a game.

So are people going with the Titanium or Electric Blue????

Honestly, I want Black... but I want to take advantage of this price (and to enjoy it for the summer) but I'm still torn between the two. I'm guessing silver is a more solid choice since the novelty of blue will wear out once it's been out for a month.

I wish you could pick any game you want instead of Mario 64 :(. I don't want a game that was better 10 years ago, even if it does have minigames.

[quote name='electrictroy']If I bought a DS, and then sold the Mario 64 cart...

...how much would I get? $40?[/QUOTE]
Since it costs $30 everywhere new I would say no.

Here is what one NOA rep told me:

SOME retailers are offering a limited-time deal where you get Mario 64 for free when you buy a DS. Look for their AD in your Sunday paper or at your game store. Not all stores are doing the deal at the same time. I believe the promotions are being staggered. So check that Best Buy has the deal before you go to best buy and demand it, same with Toys R Us, Target, etc.

It's my understanding that most all major retailers and game stores will have the offer, but they're not going to all have it at the same time. Also, you can get a Blue or Plat DS with the offer.

[quote name='ananag112']Here is what one NOA rep told me:

SOME retailers are offering a limited-time deal where you get Mario 64 for free when you buy a DS. Look for their AD in your Sunday paper or at your game store. Not all stores are doing the deal at the same time. I believe the promotions are being staggered. So check that Best Buy has the deal before you go to best buy and demand it, same with Toys R Us, Target, etc.

It's my understanding that most all major retailers and game stores will have the offer, but they're not going to all have it at the same time. Also, you can get a Blue or Plat DS with the offer.[/QUOTE]

Hmm... so if Gamestop hasn't said anything yet, maybe they're waiting with it... and of course, I have $115 of store credit invested in the DS there... ah well, if they won't price match it or something (do they price match? I recall hearing something about that) then I will find some way to get the blue DS with Mario 64 by Sunday.

Well, I'll be trading in my PSP for a DS Electric Blue and Mario, I like my PSP but after E3 it was clearly the DS that had the better showing in the handheld gaming. I was hoping for some RPGs for my PSP instead they announce Socom and Street Fighter Alpha 3. Where are my RPGs, Sony.

[quote name='Jarrett']Since Mario64 costs $30 everywhere new I would say no.[/QUOTE]Thank you.

So figure:
$150 for DS+M64 bundle
-$20 selling Mario64x4 on Ebay
====================
$130

Mmmm... no. Still not cheap enough.

troy

[quote name='Midnite']Well, I'll be trading in my PSP for a DS Electric Blue and Mario, I like my PSP but after E3 it was clearly the DS that had the better showing in the handheld gaming. I was hoping for some RPGs for my PSP instead they announce Socom and Street Fighter Alpha 3. Where are my RPGs, Sony.[/QUOTE]

I'd hang on to the PSP and get a DS in addition to the PSP. When those PSP RPGs do finally come, they're probably going to be really good (assuming we get Tales of Eternia in the US.)

[quote name='sabin23']So are people going with the Titanium or Electric Blue????

Honestly, I want Black... but I want to take advantage of this price (and to enjoy it for the summer) but I'm still torn between the two. I'm guessing silver is a more solid choice since the novelty of blue will wear out once it's been out for a month.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, Japan has the best color, as usual. I agree about the blue; I only like it because it's new. Even though it's just like my SP, I think I'm getting Platinum.

[quote name='BIG5']Yeah, Japan has the best color, as usual. I agree about the blue; I only like it because it's new. Even though it's just like my SP, I think I'm getting Platinum.[/QUOTE]

Yaeh, I think I'm just going to go with the Platinum/Silver. That's the color that I have gone with with every past portable system of theirs, minus the GBC which only came out in purple and Atomic Purple (went with the latter on that one). My classic brick game boy was grey/silver (in my mind) and my Pocket was silver.

[quote name='trunks982']Is the Electric Blue the same exact color as the GBA SP Blue?[/QUOTE]
No, the cobalt SP is more purple-looking, right?

[quote name='Sk']http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/256796.asp

The DS +mario 64 offer is online right now at EB games.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if it's at retail yet.... hmm.... or if Best Buy would have it offered now... ah well, probably not until Sunday.

That's really gay that Gamestop hasn't said anything yet since I've got $115 store credit which I was going to use on a DS... ah well, there are other means to get what I need...

Called Gamestop -- Gamestop starts this deal on the 15th...

While that's all good and fine, there's no way in hell I'm waiting till then. I'm bored outta my mind and they're just making things worse... sigh...

bread's done
Back